Legendary Artist Prince Found Dead at 57 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think we are allowed to post social media pages so look up Morris Day and the Time on Face Book...

I gotta say - if anyone is keeping Prince's spirit and memories alive, it is Morris Day - I checked out his FB page and it is just filled with photos, and memories, and great links to music.

What a sweet long time friend... I love him!!!

Always loved MD & the Time - and he has really stepped up to the "memorial" plate - imo... and he is grieving + 10...

God bless

I don't think we are allowed to post social media pages so look up Morris Day and the Time on Face Book...

I gotta say - if anyone is keeping Prince's spirit and memories alive, it is Morris Day - I checked out his FB page and it is just filled with photos, and memories, and great links to music.
It
What a sweet long time friend... I love

Always loved MD & the Time - and he has really stepped up to the "memorial" plate - imo... and he is grieving + 10...

God bless

I've been following him as well, he's really posting some cool stuff !
And yes, he's hurting :-(

Prince , Tribute to Chaka khan part 2.mp4
[video=youtube;Qd6JI5MD_cQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qd6JI5MD_cQ[/video]

This is a soundcheck for Cool - great to hear Prince and his band just jamming ( jazzy and funky). Some nice photos of P to accompany it.

[video=youtube;HkS0H8qfOM4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkS0H8qfOM4[/video]

Loving these sound checks !

Tap Dancers’ Tribute to Prince | ABC News

Tap dancing group “Syncopated Ladies” pay tribute to Prince in a performance to “When Doves Cry.”

[video=youtube;FQ5XUFdjgDY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQ5XUFdjgDY[/video]

~

I'm a "hoofer" from way back - mostly ballet, but I had a lot of tap and enjoyed it. I've watched the Syncopated Ladies video clip several times and know most of the routine. I'd have a difficult time with the floor moves (I'm 66 and not so nimble these days), but I could do the rest of the routine. :happydance:

I'm a "hoofer" from way back - mostly ballet, but I had a lot of tap and enjoyed it. I've watched the Syncopated Ladies video clip several times and know most of the routine. I'd have a difficult time with the floor moves (I'm 66 and not so nimble these days), but I could do the rest of the routine. :happydance:

Kudos BettyDavisEyes!!! Me too, Ballet and Jazz! Good thing to revive later in life, too... (am verging on 60 - omg...!!!)

Will watch this Tap video again with that in mind...:loveyou:

Jun 2 2016, 2:46 pm ET

Prince Died of Accidental Overdose of Painkiller Fentanyl

by Stephanie Gosk, Chris Francescani and Tracy Connor

Music legend Prince was killed by an overdose of the powerful painkiller fentanyl, Minnesota health officials said Thursday.

Fentanyl is a synthetic opioid up to 100 times more potent than morphine that is used for severe pain such as advanced cancer, according the Centers for Disease Control. Although it can be obtained by prescription, many overdoses are linked to illegally made versions of the drug, officials say.

The Drug Enforcement Administration says it's more dangerous than heroin and taking too much can cause respiratory depression. Some 700 deaths between late 2013 and early 2015 were tied to fentanyl and its variations.

It's not clear if Prince got fentanyl from a doctor or another source or how long he was taking it. His death is the subject of a multiagency investigation that includes the DEA and federal prosecutors...

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ainkillers-medical-examiner-s-officer-n584766

Fentanyl
Adverse effects

Fentanyl's most common side-effects (more than 10% of patients) include diarrhea, nausea, constipation, dry mouth, somnolence, confusion, asthenia (weakness), sweating, and less frequently (3 to 10% of patients) abdominal pain, headache, fatigue, anorexia and weight loss, dizziness, nervousness, hallucinations, anxiety, depression, flu-like symptoms, dyspepsia (indigestion), dyspnea (shortness of breath), hypoventilation, apnea, and urinary retention. Fentanyl use has also been associated with aphasia.[6]

Despite being a more potent analgesic, fentanyl tends to induce less nausea, as well as less histamine-mediated itching, in relation to morphine.[33]
Fentanyl may produce more prolonged respiratory depression than other opioid analgesics.[34][35][36][37][38][39][40] In 2006 the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) began investigating several respiratory deaths, but doctors in the United Kingdom were not warned of the risks with fentanyl until September 2008.[41] The FDA reported in April 2012 that young children had died or become seriously ill from accidental exposure to a fentanyl skin patch.[42]

The precise reason for sudden respiratory depression is unclear, but there are several hypotheses:
• Saturation of the body fat compartment in patients with rapid and profound body fat loss (patients with cancer, cardiac or infection-induced cachexia can lose 80% of their body fat).
• Early carbon dioxide retention causing cutaneous vasodilatation (releasing more fentanyl), together with acidosis, which reduces protein binding of fentanyl, releasing yet more fentanyl.
• Reduced sedation, losing a useful early warning sign of opioid toxicity and resulting in levels closer to respiratory-depressant levels.
Fentanyl has a therapeutic index of 270.[43]

Overdoses and fatalities
In July 2014, the Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) issued a warning about the potential for life-threatening harm from accidental exposure to transdermal fentanyl patches, particularly in children,[44] and advised that they should be folded, with the adhesive side in, before being discarded. The patches should be kept away from children, who are most at risk from fentanyl overdose.[45] Musician Prince died of an accidental overdose of fentanyl in April 2016.[46]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fentanyl

Imo - Prince at 112 lbs was very vulnerable to OD...

Fentanyl?? Oh wow! That's a sign of a very serious addiction. You don't start out on Fentanyl.

He saw a doctor the day before for "withdrawal problems" and then took an overdose of fentanyl? It possibly could have been a case of after having had the airplane overdose incident several days before he was trying to "taper down" or "go cold turkey", then succumbed to the urge and took his "usual dose" - which ended up to be just too much.

What a sad state of affairs. If Prince had sought legitimate medical care for his chronic pain condition this could likely have been avoided. There are plenty, plenty of chronic pain patients who successfully and responsibly take opioids for years t o control pain from physical conditions that are not ever going to go away.

But these people are not abusing their medication. Not taking more than prescribed by their doctor. Not doctor shopping, obtaining medication from outside sources, etc.

May Price rest in peace.

I don't think for a minute that this man wanted to die... But he obviously didn't know his limits.

Fentanyl?? Oh wow! That's a sign of a very serious addiction. You don't start out on Fentanyl.

He saw a doctor the day before for "withdrawal problems" and then took an overdose of fentanyl? It possibly could have been a case of after having had the airplane overdose incident several days before he was trying to "taper down" or "go cold turkey", then succumbed to the urge and took his "usual dose" - which ended up to be just too much.

What a sad state of affairs. If Prince had sought legitimate medical care for his chronic pain condition this could likely have been avoided. There are plenty, plenty of chronic pain patients who successfully and responsibly take opioids for years t o control pain from physical conditions that are not ever going to go away.

But these people are not abusing their medication. Not taking more than prescribed by their doctor. Not doctor shopping, obtaining medication from outside sources, etc.

May Price rest in peace.
I agree with you. I've never administered fentanyl outside of a hospital setting, unless it was in patch form. Patches used to have gel in them, but the latest ones I have seen aren't made like that. When I worked in SWF, a local nurse was found dead in the facility bathroom, because he had used a syringe to withdraw the fentanyl and inject himself, leading to an embolism. I wonder if Prince had patches on him, or if it was administered some other way.

May Price rest in peace.

Bbm: I guess what you are saying is that Prince was addicted for a long time?

I don't know much about this addiction - but recently have visited pages on recovery from same. And, omg, it is truly a very difficult and harrowing addiction. I cannot believe what I am reading about the side effects....

Prince, at 112 lbs, was at a very vulnerable weight for any medication. (imo) I wonder how how long he was prescribed (RX) these pain meds?

I don't think for a minute that this man wanted to die... But he obviously didn't know his limits.
Well at least he probably died happy and not in pain. I was once given Fentanyl in the hospital for a D&C "twilight cocktail". I swear I felt Euphoric. If you had told me the sky was blue, I would've laughed hysterically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong