GUILTY FL - Tricia Todd, 30, Hobe Sound, 27 April 2016 #2

Can the judge even overturn the plea regardless of their personal opinion? The law may simply not allow it.
I question the same?? I know there's various types of plea deals yet I noticed on paperwork of this plea deal the judge signed the bottom of plea agreement so my guess is It will stick. The way in which they worded the plea itself doesn't look like it either. I will however continue to hope it can be tossed but it's not looking good for that.
Someone previously posted the plea paperwork in this forum. I'm going to try and find it and you can have a look:0)
i did save it to my phone and this the particular page of plea I'm referring to regarding judges signature:
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 355
Can the judge even overturn the plea regardless of their personal opinion? The law may simply not allow it.

Florida law may be different than my state, but my son had an incident and was charged with a felony. His attorney worked with the prosecutor and made a plea deal to change the charge to a misdemeanor, and the plea was "no contest". But on the plea application, there's a spot that specifically says the judge is under no obligation to accept the plea or the recommended sentencing guidelines, and has the authority to order a trial. His attorney went over this with him, and then the judge also went over it in the courtroom. Fortunately the judge agreed it was appropriate for the situation and accepted the plea and the recommended sentence.

OMG poor poor Tricia. She just wanted to help her little girl.

Man charged in Tricia Todd slaying bought saws online, sheriff says

The ex-husband of Tricia Todd purchased two battery-powered saws from the web site Amazon in late March, Martin County Sheriff’s Office investigators said Thursday.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/n...in-tricia-todd-slaying-bought-saws-onl/nrY2r/
Whoa, also in this article:

"Sheriff William Snyder and the State Attorney’s Office have said Williams nullified the plea deal when he dismembered Todd’s body and that they will seek a harsher penalty when he is sentenced June 24."

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Whoa, also in this article:

"Sheriff William Snyder and the State Attorney’s Office have said Williams nullified the plea deal when he dismembered Todd’s body and that they will seek a harsher penalty when he is sentenced June 24."

Not to mention he lied about an accident when it was obviously premeditated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is a link to the plea deal (and I can't believe he checked the box under #25 that states he believes he's innocent of the charges or has defenses against them).
https://www.civitekflorida.com/ocrs...lsw1VqsgZgX3lmiPKix5C9f8QTi1N42K-Vok5KYCN1XbA

I see SEVERAL loopholes in this plea deal. Will read rest of the thread before posting the screenshots & pointing out the loop holes (in case someone else already has).

I do want to say that the judge at sentencing can do *whatever* he/she believes is just, especially in light of the perjury in this plea & the evidence/details discovered since the plea was signed.

I see SEVERAL loopholes in this plea deal. Will read rest of the thread before posting the screenshots & pointing out the loop holes (in case someone else already has).

I do want to say that the judge at sentencing can do *whatever* he/she believes is just, especially in light of the perjury in this plea & the evidence/details discovered since the plea was signed.
I've read the formal plea deal which lacks a ton of detail. I've got to assume that the statements he made of record in negotiating the deal were false. I'm very impressed with this County's Sheriff and DA. I think if there is any way for them to void the plea or get a stronger sentence, they will do it.

Hmm. How did he get the saws to Florida if he flew?
I have only seen information about him flying back home to NC. I have always assumed he flew down, too, but no one ever said that definitively. I guess it's possible he drove down and flew back.

Hmm. How did he get the saws to Florida if he flew?

You could take them in checked baggage, couldn't you? I mean like if you bought Ryobi stuff for someone as a Christmas gift and was bringing it to them in another state you could just put them in checked baggage and they would not be a danger to anyone on the flight, right? Isn't that right? I've never traveled with something like that, but that's my guess.

I'm sure he didn't bring the acid in the checked bag, so I wonder if there is any video of him buying that on the 25th. He probably paid cash since he's "so smart." :mad:
Disgusting pig.

If he has friends or a family member living in the area, maybe he had the saw/s shipped to them?

I have only seen information about him flying back home to NC. I have always assumed he flew down, too, but no one ever said that definitively. I guess it's possible he drove down and flew back.
I don't remember seeing anything definite about him flying either way, just that he had a rent car. I'm going to go back through and check.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Witchee
Back