GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU law professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #2 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if Charlie Adelson is still involved with Magbanua? It's a bit odd to me that these two paths crossed. On the surface they seem to come from very different socio-economical backgrounds.

Dr. Charles Adelson (as a periodontist) was affiliated with several dentists in the area (not just his father's office) - could be they met in a client situation. But also could be they knew each other via earlier contacts and for a longer period of time, since CA grew up in the area.

If nobody minds, a little light- hearted advice ..

[video=youtube;Lp-6O-9-N_A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lp-6O-9-N_A[/video]
Another, newer line to add to this
(to be sung in same tune):

"If you want to be happy for the rest of your life,
Find another man to marry your wife"

Sorry, couldn't resist but maybe that was Garcia's plan.[emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

They were not gone that whole time. WA moved back to the Tallahassee area about 4-6 weeks after she originally left and stayed there while the litigation played out. (I assume on advice of counsel.)
Ok. Thanks. I don't think a kidnapping charge would have been out of line, at all.

Also, how did she just up and leave her job? "So sorry. I'm leaving and won't be returning. Ever" I am shocked they took her back. (maybe as a favor to Dan?)

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

I cannot wait to hear the details of the investigation - like 48 Hours or Dateline style. This seems like some impressively dogged determination on the part of the police. Very interested to hear how they pieced it all together. I hope we find out some day!

Random thoughts, as i play devil's advocate:
I can't wrap my head around the idea of WA not knowing. I just can't see a loved one taking it upon themself to permanently remove the father of her children without a go ahead... as nasty as my divorce was, I'd be angry if my parent or sibling hurt my child in such a manner. My sister is walking this road and I wouldn't risk losing her love by going behind her back and killing her kids dad...

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

I seem to remember this same discussion in the Seivers case... would Mark's BFF have killed TS as a favor to him, without his knowledge or approval. Of course we know how that one turned out.

No way on earth she didn’t know and approve, imo.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Does anyone know if Charlie Adelson is still involved with Magbanua? It's a bit odd to me that these two paths crossed. On the surface they seem to come from very different socio-economical backgrounds.

I found them an odd couple as well, so of course was wondering how & where they met.

To be clear, I've found NO specific evidence (at least yet) to support this theory. I'm not sure exactly how to articulate this & it's a bit far fetched, but I was wondering if it's possible that...Magbanua is a Filipino surname. One of the largest human trafficking cases in recent history in Florida involved Filipinos and labor trafficking. Is it possible that Wendi worked closely with the Filipino community while involved in this case and met or eventually came to know Katherine through her work? Is it possible that Wendi could have even initially introduced them?

Thank you for posting the links. I haven't found what I'm looking for because this does seems to be somewhat of a discretionary issue, at least in terms of what remains sealed and for how long. ‎

Unsealing those documents absent a hearing to allow the TPD to object was highly, highly unusual. It is my opinion only that regardless of reason, it was done absent protocol and lacking in good faith.
‎
I believe it has jeopardized the entire investigation. Now, everyone can lawyer up and get their stories straight. Makes me so angry.

Everyone had already lawyered up and we saw that in the press conference when LE said they weren't on speaking terms. This judge did exactly what LE asked him to do. Release the documents and see if it stirs anything up. LE continues to run a very good investigation.

We should know by Monday if LE has the evidence to charge anyone else. I suspect the only thing left for them to get is testimony from Garcia or Rivera in exchange for a plea.

More info on the Adelson family: http://abovethelaw.com/2016/06/more...ion-plus-a-closer-look-at-the-adelson-family/

"What else do we know about the Adelsons? Sources report that the Adelson parents weren’t fans of Dan Markel, their former son-in-law, but that they “worship” Wendi Adelson. There’s a “shrine-like” area of the Adelsons’ house — not quite a room, more like a hallway — that’s “dedicated almost entirely to pictures of Wendi since she was a kid,” one tipster told us.

“Wendi gloated about the [shrine area] as if it was a special thing,” said this source, who has visited the Adelsons at home. “But it was much more eerie than special. [While we were with the family], the focus on Wendi as special was palpable.”"

I found them an odd couple as well, so of course was wondering how & where they met.

To be clear, I've found NO specific evidence (at least yet) to support this theory. I'm not sure exactly how to articulate this & it's a bit far fetched, but I was wondering if it's possible that...Magbanua is a Filipino surname. One of the largest human trafficking cases in recent history in Florida involved Filipinos and labor trafficking. Is it possible that Wendi worked closely with the Filipino community while involved in this case and met or eventually came to know Katherine through her work? Is it possible that Wendi could have even initially introduced them?

Just came on to post a similar sentiment concerning possible connection made through HT ect and.other cases WA may have encountered, Filipino or not. Maybe WA might even have met as KM as a woman with children? Parks, swimming pool, daycare, nanny, McD.'s ect.
imo, speculation.

Just came on to post a similar sentiment concerning possible connection made through HT ect and.other cases WA may have encountered, Filipino or not. Maybe WA might even have met as KM as a woman with children? Parks, swimming pool, daycare, nanny, McD.'s ect.

Except CA was dating KM when WA still lived in Tallahassee. Honestly, I think the connection of CA and KM (both in Miami) being through WA (6 hours away, at that point) is unlikely.

Everyone had already lawyered up and we saw that in the press conference when LE said they weren't on speaking terms. This judge did exactly what LE asked him to do. Release the documents and see if it stirs anything up. LE continues to run a very good investigation.

We should know by Monday if LE has the evidence to charge anyone else. I suspect the only thing left for them to get is testimony from Garcia or Rivera in exchange for a plea.

So then, this was a LE strategy and the judge is going along with having it appear as though he unilaterally unsealed the affidavit without advanced notice (as opposed to accommodating TPD's request?) Why? Who benefits? And why would a judge conceal who requested the release? Makes no sense. The State Attorney's Office & the TPD are at odds with one another. Just because everyone has their hand in the cookie jar, doesn't mean they all share the same objective. FWIW, I hope you're right.

Well, this is very interesting: "Tallahassee Police didn’t want details of their case against a Miami man arrested in Dan Markel’s killing to be made public for fear other suspects in the murder-for-hire scheme might flee the U.S., court documents show.“Suspected co-defendants have the financial means to flee the country and to not return, and in fact, have already been discovered talking about leaving,” TPD’s legal counsel Theresa Flury wrote in a May 26 motion that successfully sought to have Sigfredo Garcia’s arresting documents sealed."

From: http://www.tallahassee.com/story/ne...rned-other-markel-suspects-may-flee/85348108/

Well, this is very interesting: "Tallahassee Police didn’t want details of their case against a Miami man arrested in Dan Markel’s killing to be made public for fear other suspects in the murder-for-hire scheme might flee the U.S., court documents show.“Suspected co-defendants have the financial means to flee the country and to not return, and in fact, have already been discovered talking about leaving,” TPD’s legal counsel Theresa Flury wrote in a May 26 motion that successfully sought to have Sigfredo Garcia’s arresting documents sealed."

From: http://www.tallahassee.com/story/ne...rned-other-markel-suspects-may-flee/85348108/

So suffice it to say unsealing the affidavit hasn't made LE's job any easier.

Dr. Charles Adelson (as a periodontist) was affiliated with several dentists in the area (not just his father's office) - could be they met in a client situation. But also could be they knew each other via earlier contacts and for a longer period of time, since CA grew up in the area.

Wow. I don't care if she was the nicest woman in the world. But once a respected dentists decides to be involved with the baby mamma of a gang connected member; Then that should tell us that C.A was not thinking clearly or it should tell us that he doesn't mind the element that comes along with being involved in certain circles.

Jmo. C.A should have known better. But maybe he always felt that he was the bad boy of the family while still accomplishing family goals that were expected of him. What a waste.

IOnce Wendi called Dan a latex as a joke after his death during a class that was being taped.

That told many that she didn't care and she knew her family avenged her honor by getting rid of Dan. Jmo.

(Mod snip)

So then, this was a LE strategy and the judge is going along with having it appear as though he unilaterally unsealed the affidavit without advanced notice (as opposed to accommodating TPD's request?) Why? Who benefits? And why would a judge conceal who requested the release? Makes no sense. The State Attorney's Office & the TPD are at odds with one another. Just because everyone has their hand in the cookie jar, doesn't mean they all share the same objective. FWIW, I hope you're right.

Yes, the judge allowed that to happen knowing full well if he got too much heat, the request from the State Attorney could be revealed at a later date. LE wants the other suspects to believe they did not want it to happen so they might meet to discuss/argue about it, perhaps others with knowledge will come forward, or they will flee.

I don't believe for a second that LE isn't fully prepared for someone to try to flee.

LE have all the evidence they're going to get through traditional methods... now they're shaking the bee hive to see what happens.

Wow. I don't care if she was the nicest woman in the world. But once a respected dentists decides to be involved with the baby mamma of a gang connected member; Then that should tell us that C.A was not thinking clearly or it should tell us that he doesn't mind the element that comes along with being involved in certain circles.

Jmo. C.A should have known better. But maybe he always felt that he was the bad boy of the family while still accomplishing family goals that were expected of him. What a waste.
Yep. A career and a business about to be flushed down the drain.

Yes, the judge allowed that to happen knowing full well if he got too much heat, the request from the State Attorney could be revealed at a later date. LE wants the other suspects to believe they did not want it to happen so they might meet to discuss/argue about it, perhaps others with knowledge will come forward, or they will flee.

I don't believe for a second that LE isn't fully prepared for someone to try to flee.

LE have all the evidence they're going to get through traditional methods... now they're shaking the bee hive to see what happens.

I really hope you're right, but the animosity between these two agencies spans decades, so it's hard for me to entertain the idea that this was a collaborative strategy.

On the other hand, the idea one agency would usurp another and risk compromising two years worth of painstaking efforts to deliver justice is simply horrifying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie