TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weren't there further arrests to do with the Ellis Co Ev Room? I thought there were two around when Missy died, and two more recently?

If Missy was cremated then it could have been to soon. Jmo.

Some real forensics shows have shown cases where a body is dug up 6 months after burial to show bruises that wasn't originally noticeable during the original autopsy.

So maybe certain things was missed and we can no longer exhumed the body to back track possible autopsy mistakes. Jmo.

A friend of hers here said that it was a closed casket funeral. JMO

Sorry I'm catching up and someone below me may have already addressed this but IMO it's the gun info (there being one used) that they didn't want out. It is very simple to redact a serial number from a document. And had it been simply to state that Missy had one in her truck this would all be moot. I am speculating but I believe they don't want us to know the guns serial number possibly left at the scene was tied to the Ellis co evidence room issue.

Sent from my iPhone

I don't believe redacting the serial # would accomplish their point here. I believe they are using the statement about the serial # to keep the all search warrants requested sealed. I also don't think they cared about the info about a firearm being involved getting out or they wouldn't have used that in a doc they knew could be released.

I've gone back & read this article again. The first deputy was arrested on April 15th, 3 days before Missy's death. This article was posted on Wednesday, May 4th & says that the second deputy was arrested on Tuesday. I am assuming the arrest date for him was Tuesday, May 3. This is purely speculation, but could the first arrest have been the result of a tip that Missy submitted? I'm just thinking out loud again.

As I understand it, the pawn shop bought the weapons on April 4 and notified police about the guns around the 14th. So at least for THOSE guns, they were not sold they were turned over to LE and on the 15th the first officer was arrested. But who knows how long he had been in the habit of pawning evidence room weapons.........maybe YEARS! What a mess! JMO......the second guy arrested on May 4 was in cahoots w the first....................OK those were the first two...then on May11 A county constable and his chief deputy were indicted and arrested recently. Not sure if second 2 relate to first two's crime.

Graphic Content Alert:

If this gun was involved in the murder as well as the claw hammer, I wonder if the perp used the hammer to remove the bullet from Missy in order to avoid identification. Horrible thought, I know.

IMO, and it pains me to write this, the actual murder of Missy was very gruesome.

NBC didn't immediately release the information though, they waited to let MPD release it. I find that very interesting in today's world where the news seems to report any scoop immediately before the competition gets the chance. Who are the other two people that requested information? Are they reporters for another news outlet?

One is, the other, I do not believe is, and have no idea why they'd ask for the info.

I don't believe redacting the serial # would accomplish their point here. I believe they are using the statement about the serial # to keep the all search warrants requested sealed. I also don't think they cared about the info about a firearm being involved getting out or they wouldn't have used that in a doc they knew could be released.

I agree, zoeneil, and you said it lots better than I did. thank you.

Originally Posted by Wizardofoz
As a local, I feel compelled to share that I have huge reservations about sharing things publically that LE feels does not need to be shared with the public right now. Our "curiosity" and our "need to know now" mentality could jeopardize this case. I am by no means a crime scene expert, but I can only imagine that there are things that perhaps only a killer or accomplice could know and LE has a very good reason for keeping some things out of the general public's hand at this time.

I have been very proud of our local community's restraint as I know many read here. I feel certain there are some interesting insights and knowledge we could share but do not out of respect not only for her family, but of the investigation. Kudos to the reporter and agency that did not feel a need to report publically the response to the records request. This isn't about who can share a scoop first ... If it was, locals would be on here all day long.

Sorry to sound snarky...it isn't my usual temperament. The people in our town want justice for Missy and her girls. We have faith that our local LE with assistance from the best of the best have this. We know an arrest may not be imminent, but one will come. We are not fearful of this going unsolved, nor are we fearful of a killer on the loose.

I'm just catching up so I have about 4 more pages to read but I wanted to address this statement b/c I have heard it at least 100 times here. The fact of the matter is the killer has not been caught so technically a killer is still loose in the community. It really confuses me that people aren't scared of a cold blooded murderer who has not been arrested. Maybe it's just me and maybe 20,000 people in a town isn't that small of a town. *shrug*

JMO

Well, if you live anywhere in the Dallas metroplex you've pretty much resigned yourself to the fact that there are cold-blooded murderers running around (even if not in your relatively small town). The thing that determines whether or not you might feel nervous about that fact is if you think you yourself have cause to be on their target list. LE have assured people that Missy was targeted (which means they believe it was not random but that there was a specific motive, IMO). They've also (apart from an earlier SW) said that they believe the rest of the community is not in danger. So, (JMO), unless Midlothians can imagine a motive for anyone wanting them dead, the majority are not likely going to be nervous to the point of losing sleep over it.

I still do not understand why the family is not under some police protection (again, locals chime in please), considering MB could have been targeted. What if MB told BB something? Why wouldn't he and the girls NOT be in danger? LE has to know something to come to the conclusion that the B family is safe.

JMO

and I will add... they could be under protection - but I haven't seen or heard of anything related to this issue.

:thinking:

if le were asked if Missy's family may be in danger, I have an idea they could say "because missy may have been a target does not automatically mean her family members may also be targets."

Hey Dex! Nice to see you! I think I read that they had a closed casket funeral and I know there were pictures posted of flowers on a grave where BB had stated he didn't place her near her father but closer to him and the children. IIRC. JMO since I can't link his FB anymore (because it's gone).

Ok. Thanks guys. I was mistaken if she was cremated. Thanks for the reminder.

I'm glad you guys are on top of things. Much love.

I don't know why I can't edit my post any longer . . .
Editing to add: A Mike Pool is with CBS, but as a sports reporter. There is a Michael Pool in DFW who practices law, including criminal law: http://michaelpoolattorney.com. I think he'd use Michael, not Mike, considering the name of the law firm.

The upshot: I don't know who Mike Pool is.

As I understand it, the pawn shop bought the weapons on April 4 and notified police about the guns around the 14th. So at least for THOSE guns, they were not sold they were turned over to LE and on the 15th the first officer was arrested. But who knows how long he had been in the habit of pawning evidence room weapons.........maybe YEARS! What a mess! JMO......the second guy arrested on May 4 was in cahoots w the first....................OK those were the first two...then on May11 A county constable and his chief deputy were indicted and arrested recently. Not sure if second 2 relate to first two's crime.

Yes, Slaughter's (first LE arrest, before Missy's death) mobile home had 17 guns as well as illegal drugs (steroids) confiscated by LE. In the articles about the arrest it was stated that only some of the known stolen guns been accounted for. The article stated that while some guns were recovered, there are at least 4 guns that were sold to other parties that have not yet been located.

And who knows how many other guns marked for destruction weren't destroyed after all. (Slaughter worked for the ECSO for more than a decade.)

I'm just catching up so I have about 4 more pages to read but I wanted to address this statement b/c I have heard it at least 100 times here. The fact of the matter is the killer has not been caught so technically a killer is still loose in the community. It really confuses me that people aren't scared of a cold blooded murderer who has not been arrested. Maybe it's just me and maybe 20,000 people in a town isn't that small of a town. *shrug*

JMO

Completely agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMO LE is not amused!!!!!!! GREAT WORK!!!!!!!!!

Respectfully, this not about us vs. LE. If they are not pleased, then neither should we be, if we want to see this case solved. But the docs are public record, so even though I might personally be concerned about discussing something that even media has thought wise to keep underwraps, I'm also counting on the fact that LE and their legal staff have enough experience to know how to word things so as to best avoid messing up their own investigation.

JMO, IMOO, etc.

Working in law enforcement is low pay for a high risk job. There are many temptations to boost your salary in other ways, or leave for a new career altogether. JMO!

:eek:fftopic: sorta... I watched a Disappeared episode on ID channel regarding Jennifer Kesse. I have followed her case off and on. Started following when Greta covered her disappearance. I knew they had released CCTV regarding a POI. Jennifer's mother stated LE was never confident in saying if the POI in that CCTV was male or female. It was wearing no disguise, just an extremely lucky individual that happened to have their face covered by a fence every time a shot was taken by the camera. It's been 10 years since Jennifer Kesse disappeared. I'm not ready to call Missy's case cold because it has not even been 10 months yet. It sure is hard to be patient though. :waiting:

Well, if you live anywhere in the Dallas metroplex you've pretty much resigned yourself to the fact that there are cold-blooded murderers running around (even if not in your relatively small town). The thing that determines whether or not you might feel nervous about that fact is if you think you yourself have cause to be on their target list. LE have assured people that Missy was targeted (which means they believe it was not random but that there was a specific motive, IMO). They've also (apart from an earlier SW) said that they believe the rest of the community is not in danger. So, (JMO), unless Midlothians can imagine a motive for anyone wanting them dead, the majority are not likely going to be nervous to the point of losing sleep over it.

IMO the killer is SICK mentally. THey were sick enough and capable enough of committing the crime perpetrated on Missy. So did their mind heal miraculously after they killed Missy? I think not. Who knows what this killer is thinking....who knows what else might trigger a need to murder someone else. And, just because they were able to put their diabolical plan into action and everything fell into place to enable them to do what they had planned does not mean they have gotten away with it. IMO. LE is waiting to arrest that person for a very good reason(s). There will be more devastation for so many people when that day arrives. JMHO

Law enforcements jobs are to stop crime or to catch criminals during or after a crime has been committed.

But Southside Chicago and Detroit and Nola and others are once again topping the most deadly places for murders in the United States consecutively for the last several years.

Now these places have high arrest rates for drugs or Jay walking or whatever.

But the rape and murders are still up.

So I now see why those cops don't get paid a lot. Especially if all the rapes and murders are happening in their areas while they still only concentrate on speeding tickets and Marijuana.

But. Certain places like Midlothian should have more cases covered for a area where murders on the inside rarely happens. Jmo.

So I agree. Being a cop is very dangerous with a very low pay.

But I think that the Midlothian police get paid enough to solve the real rape or murder crimes that they rarely get.

Jmo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member