TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
e1353e0ed3cd1f9cc74e5b7c556d6b06.jpg

Nope, but your work is awesome and appreciated. Eyes are too far apart- according to my eyes. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cliffnotes, please???

Tried to check in on my lunch hour~~~did I read LE has the murder weapon??? Only a matter of time for this perp?? Sounds like good news!!

Someone(s) requested the 911 calls, SW and other information via a public request for information that Cannonball posted a link to (the document responding to the request) and it mentioned a SN to a gun NOT being released but obviously we don't know anything about the firearm more than that! Jmo

Thank you. I think we can all agree that both these people have eyes, with a nose between them.

Sigh.

Though, I do have to say that the person arrested on the stolen-gun incident does have "pretty" eyes. Not that that means anything.

jmo

Cliffnotes, please???

Tried to check in on my lunch hour~~~did I read LE has the murder weapon??? Only a matter of time for this perp?? Sounds like good news!!

No, or not that we know of. There were some requests to release documents (911 calls, incident reports, search warrants, etc). LE responded to that request and asked the AG to seal the records. In LEs response, they noted that one reason for not wanting them released is they contained a serial # from a firearm. No detail as to what firearm. Now we are left to speculate if that is just the firearm of a police officer who had to draw his weapon, possibly MBs personal weapon, or a weapon SP brought to the scene.

They reported cause of death as puncture wounds to head and chest so I doubt a gun was used. If so that would have been the cause of death. Unless the perp just shot her in the end to make sure she was dead after bludgeoning her to death, but that's not likely. Little time and why bother risking it if you have a gun.

Thank you. I think we can all agree that both these people have eyes, with a nose between them.

Sigh.

Though, I do have to say that the person arrested on the stolen-gun incident does have "pretty" eyes. Not that that means anything.

jmo

Agree & agree!

here's my best right eye pic of the killer - taken from screenshot of the MPD video

bestshot window edit2.png

By the language in the letter for clarification to the AG, it appears that LE has in its possession a firearm that may have been used to kill MB. The request to deny release of its serial number is bolstered by the claims that the number could be used on illegal firearms or prompt a false stolen weapon report.

If the gun was MB's or from her home, LE would not have the concern of a false stolen weapon report. The use of the number on an illegal weapon is strange because I think it would be extremely difficult to change the serial number on a gun but what do I know? Nothing.

The fact that the weapon was left behind tells me it is not traceable to the perp and the use of an untraceable gun puts a new spin on perp's prep work.

gliving - I make this assumption because they mention the serial number of a weapon as being information they do not want released. I do not believe they are talking about a missing/stolen weapon for which they only have a serial number. The most obvious conclusion is that LE is in possession of the gun which matches the serial number.

And unless a gun was used in the murder, there would be no reason for LE to confiscate any legally owed weapons from anyone. Being in possession of an gun, illegally, is a punishable offense and we haven't heard of any arrests for this charge.

Therefore, the logical assumption is that the gun was left behind and if it was left behind, it is untraceable or we would have a name associated with it.

I read between the lines and look for what was NOT stated as well as what was stated in the letter.

JMHO But it is based on logic and real life experience.

Just a possibility.......but what if Missy had an illegal weapon in her car, found when the car was searched? Maybe? JMO

If it were MB's gun, I don't think LE is neccessarily saying they have a concern of a false stolen weapon. I think that whole section is standard language to deny the release of the records - saying they don't want to release any gun serial numbers that could be put on to stolen guns at a later date (there are actually places that will file down and re-etch serial numbers). It sounds like this is in response to the search warrant. My personal thought is perhaps they found her gun in her truck. I just don't picture this perp shooting her with a gun, then beating her with a hammer after the fact, then leaving all of that behind. It is definitely a possible scenario - but if he used her gun on her, that part couldn't be planned. SP seemed to have this planned down to the minute. If SP brought a gun with them, I just don't see them leaving it behind. They may be confident it can't be traced to them, but it is definitely easier to trace than a standard hammer.

I agree, don't think SP would have left any murder weapon behind, including a gun. We know tools were left behnd; we know LE is concerned about a firearm's serial number being found out. We can't know from the wording in that MPD letter that any gun was found at the crime scene, though. If Missy had a gun, it likely would've been in her truck (along with purse, iPad, and other effects) and unconnected to the murder scene. JMO, maybe, but I really can't envision her tucking a gun into her workout clothes just prior to hauling workout equipment into a church. I also don't see Swatperp lying in wait to ambush her with tools, and then being so lucky as to discover she had a gun tucked into her leotard that he could use instead. I believe this was a well-planned hit, and SP came completely geared up to do it. And that included him arriving with a gun that could not be traced to his own registered ownership.

We haven't been told that any gun was recovered at the crime scene. IMHO, SP would not have left the murder weapon behind. But if Missy were ambushed and shot, there's a chance a bullet or two might have been left behind--whether in her body and discovered at autopsy, or at the crime scene. A recovered bullet that was already linked to a firearm serial number on record with LE would be one way that LE could have a crime-connected firearm serial number without actually having the murder weapon. (Eg. the stolen ECSO evidence guns.)

Remember, LE aren't commenting on how Missy died, what the murder weapon was, or even if they have the murder weapon--nor are they confirming that one of the tools was the murder weapon. This in itself is telling, because they do have the tools left at the crime scene as well as a completed autopsy report. IF the autopsy stated that Missy was killed by a hammer, and LE now have the hammer left at the crime scene, and the public has seen that hammer in multiple publicized video views, then what's the big secret?

The big secret must logically be something more complicated (IMHO).

Okay. Last note.

BB and dad and stepmom all decided to clarify the Kilo (dog) situation.

But none of them never clarified the person that went on BB trip and helped drive him back.

What the Fizzle are we missing?

A lover.

A wife of his old child friend

Or a same sex lover.

Or a person that never wants to be mentioned nor sluethed.

I'm the one who went to the First Aid course where the instructor mentioned gunshots can be considered puncture wounds. If you Google "First aid" "puncture wound " " gunshot " tons of results come up. Here's just one, for example:

75e9c8f4108db2dc250fde94902b495a.jpg

https://www.verywell.com/how-to-treat-a-gunshot-wound-1298915

I'm certainly not saying that it's the case here. I just threw it out there on the off chance that MPD is being intentionally vague. Jmo.

Is anyone tech enough able to put all the eye close ups together in one post, pretty please?

There were a couple of versions before Sparky's and a couple since, I think.

Legal disclaimer: The following is just my opinion and for entertainment purposes:
I've been involved with LE for over 17 years with the last 9 specifically in burglary and violent crimes. I've seen hundreds of videos where a perp has broken into a building (commercial, school, church, etc) with some type of disguise. They've worn everything from ninja outfits, tactical gear to mascot uniforms. I seen the exact type of nonchalant, slow and easy walk that the SP in the video is showing. In my opinion the SP broke into the church expecting to get something of value. Most church break-ins occur on Sunday and Wednesday nights. During the process of burglarizing this church an interaction occurred between the SP and MB which led to MB's death.
This isn't a staged burglary to cover up a pre-meditated murder. I know a lot of people are stuck on the fact that the SP didn't take the wedding ring. It's because the SP was in a frantic state after the altercation and wanted to get out quick. If this had been a pre-meditated murder the last thing a perp would do is be caught on camera and would've certainly chosen a much easier path. The SP also knows that they are on camera because they looked right at the camera. Simply put, the SP didn't go to the church with the intention to commit murder.

Of course, this is all just my opinion based on years of experience. As mentioned previously, I've seen the behavior the SP displays many, many times in burglary videos. The SP is very comfortable being in a building that they burglarized and I'm very sure this person has been doing this for a long time.

Hi all!

Please don't post the purple perp pic anymore. It's from an unauthorized Twitter acct.

:tyou:

As a local, I feel compelled to share that I have huge reservations about sharing things publically that LE feels does not need to be shared with the public right now. Our "curiosity" and our "need to know now" mentality could jeopardize this case. I am by no means a crime scene expert, but I can only imagine that there are things that perhaps only a killer or accomplice could know and LE has a very good reason for keeping some things out of the general public's hand at this time.

I have been very proud of our local community's restraint as I know many read here. I feel certain there are some interesting insights and knowledge we could share but do not out of respect not only for her family, but of the investigation. Kudos to the reporter and agency that did not feel a need to report publically the response to the records request. This isn't about who can share a scoop first ... If it was, locals would be on here all day long.

Sorry to sound snarky...it isn't my usual temperament. The people in our town want justice for Missy and her girls. We have faith that our local LE with assistance from the best of the best have this. We know an arrest may not be imminent, but one will come. We are not fearful of this going unsolved, nor are we fearful of a killer on the loose.

:goodpost: Wizardofoz!

I can't speak for everyone, but I think everyone here all wants justice for Missy and her family!! Again, I can't speak for everyone, but we also have full faith in your local LE and the agencies involved that they will solve this crime and the perp will be brought to justice!!

Ah, this is a great catch MrsPC. One of the documents in the request is "all office/incident" reports. An officer would very likely have to enter the fact he did draw his weapon in to the incident report (as well as its serial #).

I guess I'm not understanding the deal with the serial number, what difference does it make? I'm thinking it may just be a legal technicality LE is using so they can avoid releasing facts of the investigation to the public. Idk, and jmo

Legal disclaimer: The following is just my opinion and for entertainment purposes:
I've been involved with LE for over 17 years with the last 9 specifically in burglary and violent crimes. I've seen hundreds of videos where a perp has broken into a building (commercial, school, church, etc) with some type of disguise. They've worn everything from ninja outfits, tactical gear to mascot uniforms. I seen the exact type of nonchalant, slow and easy walk that the SP in the video is showing. In my opinion the SP broke into the church expecting to get something of value. Most church break-ins occur on Sunday and Wednesday nights. During the process of burglarizing this church an interaction occurred between the SP and MB which led to MB's death.
This isn't a staged burglary to cover up a pre-meditated murder. I know a lot of people are stuck on the fact that the SP didn't take the wedding ring. It's because the SP was in a frantic state after the altercation and wanted to get out quick. If this had been a pre-meditated murder the last thing a perp would do is be caught on camera and would've certainly chosen a much easier path. The SP also knows that they are on camera because they looked right at the camera. Simply put, the SP didn't go to the church with the intention to commit murder.

Of course, this is all just my opinion based on years of experience. As mentioned previously, I've seen the behavior the SP displays many, many times in burglary videos. The SP is very comfortable being in a building that they burglarized and I'm very sure this person has been doing this for a long time.

Welcome to Websleuths and thank you for sharing your expertise. I've still not abandoned the burglary theory, although I think I am in scarce company LOL...

I guess I'm not understanding the deal with the serial number, what difference does it make? I'm thinking it may just be a legal technicality LE is using so they can avoid releasing facts of the investigation to the public. Idk, and jmo

Well it will give us another 10 pages of sleuthing since there is nothing else. :laughing:

I appreciate your post & expertise. Two quick questions based on your experience:
First, have you seen a disguised burglar break in and not take a thing?
Second, have you seen a similar burglary where the perp was completely disguised yet felt compelled to murder a potential witness?

TIA for your answers ....

In all honesty. I truly do not know who killed Missy.

But I surely want to know why the police needed information from all those phones. Just asking?

Now I understand BB and family plus the mma linkedin dude. Plus AT and CT.

But we still have 3 numbers left.

A couple and a widow.

Now I also didn't see a request for the person that traveled back with BB.

Unless it was the widow of BB long time friend that died. ?

So does anyone know why the others were listed. Just asking.

Btw. No names needed. Initials only.

Thanks .

Btw. Please delete this if the answers can not be discussed. Thanks.

But I s

And LE stated they believe Missy had contact with perp , is that not basically saying the perp is one of the target numbers? So how could they be at a dead end? :gaah:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member