TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all!

Please don't post the purple perp pic anymore. It's from an unauthorized Twitter acct.

:tyou:
Now say that 3 times really fast. I bet you did not think you would have to type that phrase today. Now tell us what you think!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

QUICK POLL like I did a couple of threads ago:

Thumbs up if you think police know whodunnit and are just getting their ducks in a row

QUICK POLL:

Thumbs up if you think the police know zilch zip nada nowt

Good post, Pibble.
As my old boss stated, "Sometimes common sense should apply".

The only reason I can think of is that the SP is already in jail for other charges and the Altima is the getaway vehicle driven by someone else.
Jmo
Just thinking out loud. [emoji849]

I'm the one who went to the First Aid course where the instructor mentioned gunshots can be considered puncture wounds. If you Google "First aid" "puncture wound " " gunshot " tons of results come up. Here's just one, for example:

75e9c8f4108db2dc250fde94902b495a.jpg

https://www.verywell.com/how-to-treat-a-gunshot-wound-1298915

I'm certainly not saying that it's the case here. I just threw it out there on the off chance that MPD is being intentionally vague. Jmo.

Thank you!! I mentioned what you said specifically because IMO I thought LE was being intentionally (though wisely) vague. The SW is not a medical record, so this made sense to me, at least. Thanks for coming back in here and reminding me who you were.

I personally feel this case is before a GJ at this very moment.

Legal disclaimer: The following is just my opinion and for entertainment purposes:
I've been involved with LE for over 17 years with the last 9 specifically in burglary and violent crimes. I've seen hundreds of videos where a perp has broken into a building (commercial, school, church, etc) with some type of disguise. They've worn everything from ninja outfits, tactical gear to mascot uniforms. I seen the exact type of nonchalant, slow and easy walk that the SP in the video is showing. In my opinion the SP broke into the church expecting to get something of value. Most church break-ins occur on Sunday and Wednesday nights. During the process of burglarizing this church an interaction occurred between the SP and MB which led to MB's death.
This isn't a staged burglary to cover up a pre-meditated murder. I know a lot of people are stuck on the fact that the SP didn't take the wedding ring. It's because the SP was in a frantic state after the altercation and wanted to get out quick. If this had been a pre-meditated murder the last thing a perp would do is be caught on camera and would've certainly chosen a much easier path. The SP also knows that they are on camera because they looked right at the camera. Simply put, the SP didn't go to the church with the intention to commit murder.

Of course, this is all just my opinion based on years of experience. As mentioned previously, I've seen the behavior the SP displays many, many times in burglary videos. The SP is very comfortable being in a building that they burglarized and I'm very sure this person has been doing this for a long time.

Thanks for sharing your experiences with us Zvedza!!! :) Don't know what level of LE you are, but thank you for keeping our communities safe and be safe out there! :)

“Terri Bevers had multiple puncture wounds found on her head and chest,” the affidavit revealed, adding the injuries were consistent with the tools the suspect was carrying through the building.

http://www.waxahachietx.com/article/20160504/NEWS/160509777

Her suspected assailant was also seen on surveillance video walking the hallways of the church early that morning, using a hammer to break windows, while wearing a helmet and tactical gear. Bevers' wounds were "consistent with tools the suspect was carrying throughout the building," documents said.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/docs-ch...issy-bevers-received-creepy-linkedin-message/

"Is it a woman that did it, or a man?"

They've reviewed this video, time and again, showing someone in SWAT gear wandering through a Midlothian church moments before police say Bevers was killed with a hammer.

"And to kill with a hammer? I mean, this was like someone really really hated her or something."

http://www.fox4news.com/news/143983737-story

Police have indicated the mother of three was attacked with a hammer

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/nypd-assisting-in-texas-church-murder-investigation/

15 pages behind... Hoping something new today. Long day mowing grass time to chill and read...

I personally feel this case is before a GJ at this very moment.

I'm not from the US and don't know what this means. Is GJ grand jury and is it normal for a jury to sit before a trial?

Now say that 3 times really fast. I bet you did not think you would have to type that phrase today. Now tell us what you think!

Oh...I was asking not to post the ppp anymore because it looks like it has orbital bones and it's from a unauthorized Twitter account. :eek:

I'm not from the US and don't know what this means. Is GJ grand jury and is it normal for a jury to sit before a trial?

IMO a GJ is a Grand Jury who sees evidence to decide if charges will be filed. They meet in secret (it's not listed on a public court docket) and sometimes it takes a while.

https://tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/jlg01

ETA: I learned a lot about how GJ (in MO at least) work from the Michael Brown case. I read through so many documents when they were released and was intrigued on how that particular GJ did their process of meeting.

A Grand Jury is not the same as a jury that hears a trial. The GJ does not determine guilt or innocence, but determines whether the case can be brought to trial.

I would use Undecided!

Ok, QUICK POLL part III

Thumbs up if you are undecided and veer wildly between believing they/we/you have cracked it or feeling a helpless sense of doom and failure.... all depending on the mood you're in, how hungry/tired/grumpy you feel, and which pair of eyes you last looked at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288