OR - Man on a horse lassoes a would-be bike thief in front of Walmart

0101ABA

Former Member
Reaction score
attachment.php

(...) Victorino Arellano-Sanchez, 23 attempted to steal a mountain bicycle outside of a local Walmart store when people in the parking lot began shouting and calling attention to the theft.

Witnesses referred to the hero as the "Lone Ranger." His name is Robert Borba.

(...)

Borba chased after the thief on horse, who was fleeing, and lassoed the suspect, holding him down until local police arrived.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/oregon-man-on-horse-lassoes-would-be-bicycle-thief/

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 93
all i can do is laugh about this one.

all i can do is laugh about this one.

Same here and just what I needed after the week I had. The picture makes it even better because you can actually see the lasso rope going from the man on the horse to around the thief's ankle.

I love this story. It's a great reminder of what America can be and there still are a lot of good, decent human beings around.

I like the way the NY Post told the story with a little Wild West twist.

The varmint tumbled to the ground and was dragged to the end of the parking lot, where he grabbed a tree and tried to break free.
Undaunted, Borba and his bronco held on tight — leaving the suspect stunned by the Wild West corral.
“Do you have a badge to do this?” the man asked.

http://nypost.com/2016/06/10/parking-lot-cowboy-lassos-bike-thief-outside-walmart/

Hi. Can anyone answer why the man was on horseback with a rope in a WalMart parking lot that day? I read the article and I guess I missed it.

Hi. Can anyone answer why the man was on horseback with a rope in a WalMart parking lot that day? I read the article and I guess I missed it.

Never rode a horse to Wal-Mart, but long ago in a galaxy far away used to ride through a Dairy Queen drive-up.

Mamas, please let your babies grow up to be this kind of cowboy!!!

Round 'em up, pardner!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood
Back