FL - Mass Shooting at Pulse nightclub, Orlando, 12 June 2016 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are reporting it on CNN. I'm watching the news so no, I do not have a link. They've said it multiple times now. That he worked for a Private Security Firm and has worked for the US Government (meaning he was sent out through his firm to work for them... probably as security for events/individuals).

It's basically impossible to stop a "lone wolf" type scenario (considering availability of guns in the US). As far as I can tell, this guy had no criminal record, was born in the US. So what do you do to stop someone like that?

Shooting them and killing them are two totally different things. As I pointed out look at the San Bernadino attack, two shooters and a captive audience and 22 dead.

It would take a fair amount of time.

I think he was in there for 3 hours, from 2 am to 5 am

Shooting them and killing them are two totally different things. As I pointed out look at the San Bernadino attack, two shooters and a captive audience and 22 dead (with rent a cop returning fire when it started).

Did you really just call him a "rent a cop"? I know I should roll and scroll but you're calling the man who said this to another victim "I'll take a bullet before you do, that's for damn sure" that. Wow, I hope you don't ever need protection.

rbbm, Just want to cry reading that. My heart goes out to everybody, absolutely everyone.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/orlando-pulse-club-shooting-live-8171546

Mayor of Orlando declares state of emergency

The mayor of Orlando has also declared a state of emergency following the mass shooting.

Police say the focus of the investigation will now be on identifying the victims and notifying their families.

It is thought to be the worst ever mass shooting in US history.

A mum - who is still not sure if her child has survived - received messages from her child.

The victim says “Mommy, I love you” before adding “I’m gonna die”.

A female pseduo-friend said he was trying to meet up with her aunt on Plenty-Of-Fish. News6.com live.

The senior law enforcement source reports that Mateen became a person of interest in 2013 and again in 2014. The Federal Bureau of Investigation at one point opened an investigation on Mateen but subsequently closed the case when it produced nothing that appeared to warrant further investigation.
“He’s a known quantity,” the source said. “He’s been on the radar before."

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/06/12/omar-mateen-id-d-as-orlando-killer.html

It is an online dating service

Not if you are shooting into the crowd. Then it's hard to miss.

So if they are in a crowd delivering the perfect heart shot or head shot becomes much easier? Or hitting them multiple times to cause lethal exsanguination?

It becomes MORE difficult because you can't see what you are hitting when firing into a mass of bodies. Shot placement is everything. If it were easy cops wouldn't fire off a dozen rounds at a time when they have to take down a single person.

(But I get it, people think bullets are magic, I won't keep trying to explain the reality).

From June 08 WEST PALM BEACH (CBS12) — A pro-Isis group has released a hit list with the names of more than 8,000 people mostly Americans.

More than 600-people live in Florida, and one security expert believes that many of those targeted live in Palm Beach County and on the Treasure Coast.

http://news3lv.com/news/nation-worl...m-beach-treasure-coast-residents-ex-fbi-agent

That is just absolutely terrifying.

Former FBI agent-turned lawyer Stuart Kaplan says the threat is especially alarming, because the people on this list are civilians who don't have the security necessary to protect themselves. "It's going to create some hysteria," he said.

Kaplan believes civilians from our community are on the list. "I would suspect a head of a hospital or, perhaps, a local community leader. Those are the individuals that may appear on the list--or just a local banker or local school teacher--someone who, for some reason, was in the public eye."

The senior law enforcement source reports that Mateen became a person of interest in 2013 and again in 2014. The Federal Bureau of Investigation at one point opened an investigation on Mateen but subsequently closed the case when it produced nothing that appeared to warrant further investigation.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/06/12/omar-mateen-id-d-as-orlando-killer.html

Person of interest in what? Article is very vague.

So if they are in a crowd delivering the perfect heart shot or head shot becomes much easier? Or hitting them multiple times to cause lethal exsanguination?

It becomes MORE difficult because you can't see what you are hitting when firing into a mass of bodies. Shot placement is everything.

(But I get it, people think bullets are magic, I won't keep trying to explain the reality).

People can die from multiple gun shot wounds anywhere on the body. Gut shot, arms, legs, neck...all have major arteries. Massive blood loss can lead to a quick death.

It becomes MORE difficult because you can't see what you are hitting when firing into a mass of bodies. Shot placement is everything. If it were easy cops wouldn't fire off a dozen rounds at a time when they have to take down a single person.

He had "devices." Let them inspect the building now that the bodies have been removed. This is far from over.

I wonder what warranted the interest and why both times it produced nothing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlieSnoop1975