UK UK - Jerome Thomas, 15, Cardigan, 1 Jan 2001

missacorah

Reaction score
When he first disappeared, it was thought Jerome may have left home because he'd been told to do more revision for his mock-GCSE exams. It was also feared he may have fallen into the sea near his home, but extensive searches failed to find his body.

Jerome's full name is Jerome David Lyn Thomas. He would be 21 now. He is described as having an athletic build with a dark European appearance and an olive-skinned complexion. He also has a small quarter of an inch scar which starts below his left nostril and goes across to his cheek. At the time of his disappearance he was wearing a dark fleece, dark tracksuit trousers and a white baseball cap.

Over the years there have been a few unconfirmed sightings, including one in Portugal, but no firm evidence of what has happened to him.

His father has said:
"It's still a mystery as to the disappearance of Jerome. As the years have gone by we are still no closer to understanding where he is or why he disappeared. It has been very hard on the family – it's the not knowing which is the worst.

With four other sons to look after, my wife and I have had to be strong and get on with family life as best we can. Jerome is still very much part of our lives, we love him very much and always think of him. We have never lost hope that one day there will be a knock on the door and it will be him."​
Jerome was recently included in the Taking KidSafety To The Street campaign, when his poster (pictured - click for larger) was displayed on a fleet of 450 vans across the country.

If you have any information regarding Jerome's whereabouts, please contact Dyfed-Pwys Police or the Police National Missing Persons Bureau.

http://truecrimebloguk.blogspot.com/2007/03/missing-jerome-thomas.html

I just had a quick search and there is nothing. How sad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wonder if its ever been revealed how the clothes he left home in ended up in the washbasket the next day.

image1_profile.jpg

Jerome David Lyn Thomas
http://missingkids.co.uk/01-000028
Jerome, from Cardigan, South Wales has been missing since New Years Day 2001. Prior to his disappearance, Jerome had been studying for his G.C.S.E exams and his parents fear that he may have been feeling under pressure.
His family and friends are desperately worried about Jerome's welfare as his disappearance was completely out of character. They are all extremely anxious to know that he is okay and urge him to get in touch. His mum and dad say: "Please give us a ring, we are desperate to make contact ".
Although his whereabouts are unknown, it is thought that Jerome may be abroad. Described as a quiet person with a passion for wrestling and sports, Jerome was 5ft 9in tall when he went missing and had short dark hair, dark eyes and and a scar under his nostril. He would often wear a baseball cap.
If you think you can help the search please call Missing People. Jerome, we would love to hear from you. Call. Text. Anytime. Free. Confidential. 116000

If i remember correctly he was supposed to be going to a local hotel to play poole with a friend. Did he show up?. What does worry me about this case is sightings of a boy matching jerome attempting to get a lift there are lots of nasty people about something sinister could have happened. I still would like to know how the clothes he left in ended up back in the washbasket the next day thats very odd.

I've just been reading about this case; how do you know this?

It was a missing person programme. Jeromes mother said she found the clothes he went out in,soaking wet in the wash basket the next day.

Someone just did a write-up of Jerome's story on the Unresolved Mysteries sub on Reddit. I don't know if I'm allowed to link to that site, but it shouldn't be hard to find. The wet clothing is very curious. I wish this case could get a little more attention.

its a very strange case. From what i can gather he seemed to be feeling exam pressure, his family said he was becoming moody. I suppose its possible that he just needed to get away, But why has he not made contact with his family since. Something that does worry me about this case is the sighting of him hitchhiking a lift, A 15 year old boy getting into a car with a random stranger is a very worrying thought and its possible he could of met with foul play. I would be interesting to know if the reason for him leaving the house to play pool with a friend was a lie or not. I assume the police interviewed this friend at the time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back