FL - Mass Shooting at Pulse Nightclub, Orlando 12 June 2016 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are lots of questions being raised concerning the door stopper guy.

He also gave several interviews claiming he pulled a 3" bullet out of someone's leg. He claims the round was only partly penetrating the inside of the guy's thigh. That doesn't make any sense at all. The shooter was firing .556 ammo. The entire cartridge is over 2 inches long however the bullet itself (the actual projectile) is much smaller, less than an inch.

The suggestion that someone would unknowingly be walking around with an unfired cartridge sticking out of their leg makes absolutely no sense at all. He made that up based on the pictures he has seen of unused .556 ammo. The likelihood of a round with that much force just barely penetrating the skin and sticking there (unnoticed) is also unbelievable,

GP90.jpg

Ewww. I haven't heard about that but at face value it sounds like media whoring. Is it even possible to to have an unfired cartridge penetrate the skin ? That's like saying someone shot you without discharging their weapon.

An off shoot here. It has crossed my mind -- would he have killed men if he ever went home with someone?

Funny you should say that, I was thinking perhaps had he not been rejected along those same lines. So many possible triggers but the one that stands out to me is is that I do not believe he came across as openly gay, I am actually surprised he was active in Grindr etc. I do think he chose Orlando because it let him be anonymous and would not go to a club in his local area if there are even any.

Yesterday I had a post that I was going to post in the AM but I did not want to rile any feathers so I did not here is a copy of it verbatim it may seem a little out of context but does not have preceding posts.

I do not think anything is abundantly clear other than 49 victims have died so far what his reasons are do point to radical views but I do not see the hatred of the LGBT community. Yes they were targeted but we know way too little to go jumping to conclusions as to why. Perhaps because they were a soft target, perhaps he frequented gay bars on the weekends. I do not think he ever had a relationship with a man but that does not mean he did not engage in homosexual activity.

I see more of a connection with Andrew Cunanan than I do Timothy Mc Veigh. It has been brought up multiple times about him being upset about seeing two men kissing. Did he actually put himself to be in that position? Meaning he was in a gay bar when he saw this, or some place he may be more likely to see. If he was struggling with his identity, that could be the reason.

I definitely feel like if there were ways some things could have changed in OM"s life that the outcome would be different....almost like Groundhog day.

Well, since everybody calls them heroes, I think they should act as heroes, and risk their lives and go in and rescue the hostages. Firefighters do it all the time. They don’t stand outside a burning building, where they know people are trapped, and wait hours to go in to save people. They just do it. Sometimes they get trapped and die themselves. But thats their job, so they do it. That’s what heroes are supposed to do.

Going into a burning building and going into a building where there is an active shooter are not the same thing. The fire isn't going to target you or others. You can't attempt to reason with it. You can't compare the two.

One thing I've been wondering about

His financial / economic status (for lack of a better word)

Here's why

1) we know he traveled to Saudi Arabia twice in the past few years
(airline tickets to Saudi are expensive - probably a couple thousand dollars at least for round trip; hotel rooms, rental cars, etc. ?)

2) now we hear how often he frequented Pulse
(two hour drive - gas money; drinks and such at clubs aren't cheap - we were just out at Hard Rock a couple of weeks ago and my daughter ordered this "special shot" - just that drink alone was 12.99. One drink 13.00? I went to dinner the other night and my rumrunners were 10.00 a piece.

He was married with a wife and child - rent/mortgage; electric, internet, cell phones, car payments, insurance, food, all that on a security guard's salary. Even though he was with the company for quite a few years - how much could he have been making to afford this type of lifestyle? Credit cards maybe - maxed out?

3)bought the guns just a couple of weeks ago and now we hear he was scouting class 3 body armor - big ticket items that aren't cheap

Just something I've been wondering about since we heard about the trips to Saudi Arabia

Was he receiving financial help from somewhere?

I read that his parents live in a custom 4 bedroom house, they have three daughters who are in the medical field.... that takes money imo. Maybe parents helped. Or maybe he was bankrolled by someone else.... IMO

Here's why

(airline tickets to Saudi are expensive - probably a couple thousand dollars at least for round trip; hotel rooms, rental cars, etc. ?)

(two hour drive - gas money; drinks and such at clubs aren't cheap - we were just out at Hard Rock a couple of weeks ago and my daughter ordered this "special shot" - just that drink alone was 12.99. One drink 13.00? I went to dinner the other night and my rumrunners were 10.00 a piece.

He was married with a wife and child - rent/mortgage; electric, internet, cell phones, car payments, insurance, food, all that on a security guard's salary. Even though he was with the company for quite a few years - how much could he have been making to afford this type of lifestyle? Credit cards maybe - maxed out?

3)bought the guns just a couple of weeks ago and now we hear he was scouting class 3 body armor - big ticket items that aren't cheap

Just something I've been wondering about since we heard about the trips to Saudi Arabia

Any word on if his wife was employed or was she staying home with the son?

The wife has returned to the apartment she shared with Killer. How is that possible????? WHY isn't the apartment secured?

Per Fox News

Ewww. I haven't heard about that but at face value it sounds like media whoring. Is it even possible to to have an unfired cartridge penetrate the skin ? That's like saying someone shot you without discharging their weapon.

It is absolutely 100% impossible. The bullet/casing go separate directions when the weapon fires. The gunpowder inside the cartridge causes the bullet to propel forward, if the cartridge doesn't open/explode and propel the bullet it is a "dud" that jams the firearm. The fired cartridge shell pops out the side completely empty, the gunpowder has exploded/dissipated and the bullet in the tip has whizzed down the barrel.

The only way it could happen would be if someone found an unshot cartridge and stabbed the guy in the leg with it.

In an enclosed space like a nightclub, how are people supposed to attack the shooter if they have reason to suspect he may be wearing an explosive vest or similar?
Whatever, Geraldo Rivera's comments are awful.

I'm not a fan of Rivera's, and I haven't seen what he said. But I suspect he was giving good advice to the living, not criticizing the dead (because, for one thing, some may have fought). What he said is what most self-defense instructors would say: (1) Escape if you can. (2) Evade if you can't escape. (3) Fight if you can't evade. No, most people aren't trained to fight, but when you're out of other options, and if doing nothing is going to get you killed anyway, why not try? There are improvised weapons everywhere, and even a finger in the eye would have disabled the shooter. You might save your life, and even if you die, you might be able to disrupt or disable the shooter. Even people with fatal wounds can still kill in the minute or two before they lose consciousness, and while the shooter is grappling with you, others can escape or join the fight.

Well, since everybody calls them heroes, I think they should act as heroes, and risk their lives and go in and rescue the hostages. Firefighters do it all the time. They don’t stand outside a burning building, where they know people are trapped, and wait hours to go in to save people. They just do it. Sometimes they get trapped and die themselves. But thats their job, so they do it. That’s what heroes are supposed to do.

So they should have gone in and put the other, known living hostages in even more danger than attempting to negotiate with him?

You are right, what would be interesting to know in hindsight is how many died in the initial minutes, my guess would be around 7 with the remaining dying during the standoff.

I do believe LE handled it correctly with what they knew and were being told.

For me it would seem like that "Pulse" was an illegal club, it would not be allowed because of only one exit in many jurisdictions.

Perhaps in Florida it is/was legal, then they need to change building codes!

There's a good floor plan schematic here:
http://abcnews.go.com/US/hours-horror-inside-orlando-nightclub-massacre/story?id=39816347

It appears that the club has several exits.

Yes, that is bizarre.

I've got to say, that home looks very... normal.

I found the pics of the house fascinating. The calender tho , struck me as quite chilling.

I think the calender was chilling. Why call Ramadan "D-Day"? I do not think he was gonna do anything during the week, wait for Sat ...more targets.

It struck me as kinda a two for one, he gets to do it during Ramaden, while discharging his rage on other homosexuals.

If you think about it , the notion of the 911 calls, now with more history, make sense.

Someone with so much inner turmoil is certainly not gonna even mention anything about gay overtly. Its like a dirty dirty entity.

IMO, the apt has a very "feminine" homey feel to it. I kinda think the wife did "most" of it. It just does not have that single male "look"!

The Star Wars is somewhat It had to be about him. Their child was young, I do not know if someone that age, would really have this intense identity with a 40 year old film...........

The Star War stuff, I think it would be safe to assume was not purhased in one shopping spree, indicating that it had been picked over time - making it be when the child was younger and younger.

I think what I am saying is (I know there many) we have 39 year old year old, closeted gay man, who wants to be a police officer putting Star Wars stuff all over his house

Anyone know if the premises of the franchise would be in conflict with what his lets say religoues affilation, be ? Could the themes in Star Wars be fine with that culture??

400 dollars a week before taxes leaves what $1100 a month.

Lets take the the cheapest rent of $600 and...................

My guess would be that the"open" door was not open before the media arrived!!

Father: ‘I believe he is in insurance, he has done well for himself and they have three daughters, all went to college, who I believe are in the medical field.

‘But I didn’t know the son. I saw his picture on television this morning and I recognized him, but he only came here rarely.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ando-terrorist-Omar-Mateen.html#ixzz4BYz5auMR
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Cariis - just one thing - your rent estimate - try at least double that $1200. a month (and that's low for a 2 bdrm in Orlando) although maybe it was a condo and he bought it years ago - first wife said she had lived there as well and that was 7-8 years ago.

I just think he was getting money from somewhere. I don't know why that's important but just something to think about.

JMHO

I will never forget that day and saw the towers go down. No one knew what was going on that day. Only when the 2nd plane hit was it obvious that some sort of horrible thing going on. OM would have been 15 at that time. The dailymail can barely be called a "News" paper/site. It's possibly a step above The National Enquirer here in the U.S. ... possibly. I've used it in the past but found them to be very loose w/their reporting.

I just like their pics!!

:modstop:

Enough with the bickering and personal tit for tat. Posts have been removed.

So they should have gone in and put the other, known living hostages in even more danger than attempting to negotiate with him?

How would the hostages have been in more danger, if they had been rescued earlier?

Here's why

I read a CNN article saying he made $1600/mo. I don't know where they got that info, though.

The wife has returned to the apartment she shared with Killer. How is that possible????? WHY isn't the apartment secured?

Per Fox News

They already searched it. I assume they've released it.

I have a question. If the shooter was indeed gay, in his mind would killing other gays and being a "martyr" be the only way he could get to heaven or their equivalent of heaven?

Many are already calling the Orlando shooting “America’s Bataclan.” Britain’s Sun newspaper splashed the label across its front page Monday, and California congressman Adam Schiff, of the House Select Committee on Intelligence, said the attack was “painfully reminiscent of the terrible attack at the Bataclan.”
“In both cases you had a multi-hour hostage siege situation,” said CNN analyst Paul Cruickshank. “Both were in confined spaces which it was hard to get out of, both were well-thought-out attacks, and in both cases you had gunmen doing what they could to get ISIS to take ownership — turning it into an overtly political act.”

But the Paris and Orlando massacres appear to have been focused on scaring people out of their social lives.

Seven months after the Paris attacks, many of those who survived are still struggling to come to terms with what they went through that night.
Max Besnard, who was at the Bataclan on November 13, told CNN he was “horrified” by news of the Orlando shooting: “there’s an obvious link with the Bataclan tragedy — in both cases, it’s a way of life that’s been attacked.

Besnard said the survivors of the Pulse attack, like their counterparts at the Bataclan, face a long road ahead

http://fox2now.com/2016/06/13/pulse-nightclub-attack-americas-bataclan/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member