Found Deceased FL - Lane Graves, 2, Walt Disney World, 14 June 2016 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
WFTV Eyewitness News Retweeted
Martha Sugalski ‏@MarthaSugalski 1m1 minute ago
Body of toddler snatched by a gator has been found at Disney @WFTV

[video=twitter;743170661334409217]https://twitter.com/MarthaSugalski/status/743170661334409217[/video]

That poor family, I can't even imagine. do you know how I can see the press conference?

I hate to break it to you, it's not the ocean. It's a man-made lagoon.
I think this is tragic, but I've been to Disney many times and all I can think of near water is gators & water moccasins. I never let the kids near the water, never let them wander around barefoot or off paths. I am NOT blaming the parents here, things can happen in an instant - but it is ridiculous to think that in Florida, with the places that alligators can be found (subdivisions), etc. everyone should assume every non-pool body of water contains a deadly snake or alligator. Disney's risk management people cannot imagine every single thing that could ever happen. No one can. It is a tragic accident.

My thoughts and prayers are with the family and friends of the child and everyone who works so hard at Disney to make it a magical place.

According to Twitter, CNN has said they recovered the child's body.

Sorry - Twitter user @ewoolseywdrb reported it from CNN.

My brother lives in Naples, Florida and said the gators can be rowdy this time of year.

It’s been mating season but almost ended now.

Also last year’s batches of teenage males are setting off looking for their own ponds and running into established resident males who try to run them off. There was an exciting tussle in the pond his condo overlooks.

My Mom and I were just talking about how we would stop at odd little roadside attractions on our way [the old road before the interstate] to Florida one was at or near Okefenokee Swamp.

While we were at the attraction a poodle that had been left tied to the car handle in the parking lot had his owners get back to find an empty collar. We were told at the time a man was recently gotten off a grassy bank between the parking lot and the waterway.

Maybe people were more expendable back then but you sort of expected to be set upon by various wildlife, bugs, sunburn, heat, etc in South Georgia and Florida.

I have a diatribe on the Disney-fying of Florida and its wildlife somewhere working itself up…

And, and if there were riparian plantings at the edge of the resort pond, even a low ones, as all well maintained bodies of water should have, they wouldn’t have been as likely to enter. I do see there is a curbing at the water’s edge that is meant to keep the shoreline from eroding but plantings would have served as a barrier as well. Just more of that fantasy all for good looks faking like an idyllic beach.

All IMO

Waiting for the press conference on CNN...and the reporter just asked the other reporter on the scene if the parents have come forward to talk about the horror they are going through. So freaking ridiculous! What an asinine question. I just can't even with some of the people.

Waiting for the press conference on CNN...and the reporter just asked the other reporter on the scene if the parents have come forward to talk about the horror they are going through. So freaking ridiculous! What an asinine question. I just can't even with some of the people.

I abhor violence but that reporter needs to be smacked. Twice.
Leave this poor family alone.

*Tears* this is breaking my heart! Poor parents, I just can't imagine what they're going through. :(

I stayed up late last night following this made me upset have a granddtr that age

To anyone who thought Disney would work overtime and have the story buried ...
This story has two headlines on one Australian news site and its everywhere. You cannot bury things so easily in the age of the Internet, when news travels to the other side of the world in seconds. It's on People, who are saying a) that Disney has had to remove alligators before and b) that Disney confirmed they have no signage warning of alligators. http://www.people.com/article/disne...-removes-gators-from-area-where-boy-was-taken

The discovery of the boy's body comes after a Disney lifeguard revealed to Daily Mail Online that the boy was 10 feet from the shore when he was snatched. It was previously reported that the boy was only in ankle-deep to a foot of water.
The employee told Daily Mail Online even at a distance of ten feet, the water is 'not too deep'. 'We have lifeguards on duty at the play area but at the beach we don't have any lifeguards because you're not supposed to be in the water,' they said.

The two-year-old was wading in about a foot of water. The Seven Seas Lagoon behind the upscale hotel is off limits to guests, and there are 'no swimming' signs posted nearby - but none of them warned about possible alligators in the water.
The Disney worker said that the father was the first at the scene and then the lifeguards rushed in. But nobody was able to save the child from the alligator, which was up to seven feet long. The father witnessed was left with lacerations on his arms.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-struck-lifeguard-reveals.html#ixzz4BgINUDWk
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

RIP baby boy. Prayers of peace to his family. I'm just so sad this week, I just can't.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I cannot even imagine (nor do I want to) what those poor parents, and those on the search teams, or anyone there when it happened, have gone through. Especially the parents....how do you recover from something like this? How do you explain to the other young sibling what has happened? There wouldn't be enough tranquilizers or other diversionary tactics/meds in the world for me. And I am just a cyber onlooker, trying to wrap my head around it. Poor little guy. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong