TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have we seen what damage there was to these doors? I've heard it said here at WS that they were damaged, but haven't run across it in video or LE statements, much less have any idea of what extent. But I could have missed it.

The amount of damage matters, and whether that did or didn't offer access, and might offer an explanation of why access wasn't attempted there.

Yes, There were photos posted in these threads. (I do wish we had a "photos" thread!) - IIRC, the double doors damaged (glass broken) were in the back of the building by the dumpsters.

ETA: You have a good point, though...and I'd like to see the photos again to determine if access could've been gained or not by that breakage.

I think the hammer is likely the only thing there that would appeal to most men, they could care less about the rest of that stuff, thus why it's there, lol. ;)

Lol. Now to really catch male attention- some beer, scotch, whiskey, sports related items, sports tickets, hot chick pics......

<modsnip>

With most tactical gear there is a bulky top, vest, perhaps bullet proof vest, etc. Does everyone think SP is top heavy or are we seeing outfit related bulkyness tricking our eyes?
I did at one point think there was possibility SP could be CT.
But I've seen a recent full body pic of her and she's not the right body type. SP is top heavy - a man shape, or a woman with an 'apple' body type, but really too masculine in the body.
CT's body shape is more pear. She's not a small woman, she's "thick", but she's carrying weight in her lower half. SP is not.

Her centre of gravity would be a lot lower than the silhouette of SP posted by Batbrat.

How about some sort of vice grip?

ed33899d0b6f1d2dca62634e978d8206.jpg

d77fcd2c258857491f7918112eca8c8e.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Only if it comes in a box shaped like a Saran wrap box. LOL

Only if it comes in a box shaped like a Saran wrap box. LOL

How about some sort of vice grip?

ed33899d0b6f1d2dca62634e978d8206.jpg

d77fcd2c258857491f7918112eca8c8e.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

IMO, the item is a rectangular cuboid -- box-shaped. There are no handles, legs, grips or anything like that. The dark, seemingly open, areas on it are the perp's black-gloved thumb and some kind of dark-colored design on the item.

...point to a financial motive. She was killed in the course of employment - workman's comp....
^sbm. Maybe ^, but appears to me, no Tx Workers Comp.

As a CG trainer*, Ms B was not a CG employee but an independent contractor to CG.
IIRC Tx W/C statutes** as an independent contractor, she would not have been eligible for Tx W/C.

JM2cts, could be wrong.

"Does Camp Gladiator provide CG Trainers with workouts and equipment?
.... In terms of equipment, since CG trainers are Independent Contractors, theypurchase their own equipment for workouts."

**http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/LA/htm/LA.406.htm
SUBCHAPTER F. COVERAGE OF CERTAIN INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS
Sec. 406.121. DEFINITIONS. In this subchapter: ....
(2) "Independent contractor" means a person who contracts to perform work or provide a service for the benefit of another and who ordinarily:
(A) acts as the employer of any employee of the contractor by paying wages, directing activities, and performing other similar functions characteristic of an employer-employee relationship;
(B) is free to determine the manner in which the work or service is performed, including the hours of labor of or method of payment to any employee;
(C) is required to furnish ... necessary tools, supplies, or materials to perform the work or service; and
(D) possesses the skills required for the specific work or service.

"Sec. 406.122. STATUS AS EMPLOYEE. (a) For purposes of workers' compensation insurance coverage, a person who performs work or provides a service for a general contractor or motor carrier who is an employer under this subtitle is an employee of that general contractor or motor carrier, unless the person is:
(1) operating as an independent contractor; or ...."
^sbm bbm^

Occam's Razor is basically the concept that the solution is far more likely to be attained as the result of the least complicated and most direct path.

An example: You come home to find a broken window, your burglar alarm going off, and you find a dead bird in your living room. Did one of your enemies plan for weeks to break into your home and leave a freshly killed bird on your floor as a threatening message? Was there a tornado that came through, killing a bird and damaging nothing but your window? Were you robbed by local gang members who mistook your home for a drug dealer's house, but they were scared off by the alarm, then later a curious bird happened to cut himself on the broken glass and died?

Maybe. These are examples of how the human brain likes to convolute and complicate a mystery or a puzzle to make it more "woo woo". Occam's Razor tells us a bird flew into your window and as a result, died on your floor.

In other words, you have two scenarios, you pick the one that is the least convoluted and that's the most likely solution.

Well done, Batbrat! As always........

I ran across this company that does surveillance sattelite cams, they were flying over some refugee camp and then again later to show how much it had grown.

Gave me the idea could we contact them and ask if they had views of the highway 287 on 4/18 at 2 3 4 and 5 a. central time with a zoom good enough to see any cars in the lot ? Just wondering, if they charge I would be willing to chip in if it was not too much as I am flat stumped for more clues...

http://www.digitalglobe.com/customer-service

Wow that would be awesome but I bet it would be expensive. Maybe the police can do this though... Great idea! I sure want more information and hope there is an arrest soon!

With most tactical gear there is a bulky top, vest, perhaps bullet proof vest, etc. Does everyone think SP is top heavy or are we seeing outfit related bulkyness tricking our eyes?

And may want to account for the tools in the pockets, as well as possible stuffing to change their size, jmo.

Has anyone here ever broken their foot or know anyone who has?

In your opinion, could a foot broken in 3 places about 3 years ago cause a gait/walk similar to SP?

I don't think so, not from fractures. My mom did this a few years ago herself, and it did not interfere with her gait at all. Maybe she just had a good orthopedist.

I don't think so, not from fractures. My mom did this a few years ago herself, and it did not interfere with her gait at all. Maybe she just had a good orthopedist.

I broke my foot 10 years ago and when weather is bad, it still acts up and makes me walk funny. Rainy weather makes it act up the most. For what it's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by PoirotryInMotion View Post
I've decided that SP would have to be positively moronic to spend that much time removing the handle of the fire door if he were also going to break the back double doors (which he did)http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...T-gear-18-Apr-2016-28&p=12632806#post12632806
** Orig was snipped^^
Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
Have we seen what damage there was to these doors? I've heard it said here at WS that they were damaged, but haven't run across it in video or LE statements, much less have any idea of what extent. But I could have missed it.

The amount of damage matters, and whether that did or didn't offer access, and might offer an explanation of why access wasn't attempted there. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...T-gear-18-Apr-2016-28&p=12632832#post12632832

Yes, There were photos posted in these threads. (I do wish we had a "photos" thread!) - IIRC, the double doors damaged (glass broken) were in the back of the building by the dumpsters.

ETA: You have a good point, though...and I'd like to see the photos again to determine if access could've been gained or not by that breakage.

Respectfully April 18 Press Conf states there were other windows busted but that they at the time had no evidence left through them, speculated left through the Metal door (paraphrasing -transcription in the No Discussion thread)

from earlier threads:
One of my post in thread 3 http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-gear-18-April-2016-4&p=12501480#post12501480

also media links:

Posted Apr 18, 2016 at 5:12 PM
Updated Apr 25, 2016 at 10:14 AM
The glass of a metal-framed door is broken, suggesting the suspect gained entrance by reaching through and unlocking the door, Spann said. Several other windows are also broken, he said. http://www.waxahachietx.com/article/20160418/NEWS/160419438

Search warrant: Bevers died from head injury
Posted Apr 21, 2016 at 4:18 PM
Updated Apr 25, 2016 at 10:11 AM
Police found broken glass as well as other signs of forced entry at the church, Smith said in a previous statement.
The church door and window boarded up after the attack are on the opposite side of church, near the dumpsters, from the main entrance covered by a carport where a grey truck matching the description of Bevers vehicle was parked on Monday during the investigation. http://www.waxahachietx.com/article/20160421/NEWS/160429858

A new view of Midlothian murder suspect
Jason Whitely, WFAA and Rebecca Lopez, WFAA , WFAA 8:39 AM. CDT April 20, 2016
Investigators said they think the individual used a pry bar to smash out glass and open a side door at the church http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/husband-of-woman-murdered-at-midlothian-church-speaks-out/143107339

And MSM Tweet with the rear/NE corner hallway doors boarded up [video=twitter;722427836607234048]https://twitter.com/JennyAFox4/status/722427836607234048[/video]

Occam's Razor is basically the concept that the solution is far more likely to be attained as the result of the least complicated and most direct path.

An example: You come home to find a broken window, your burglar alarm going off, and you find a dead bird in your living room. Did one of your enemies plan for weeks to break into your home and leave a freshly killed bird on your floor as a threatening message? Was there a tornado that came through, killing a bird and damaging nothing but your window? Were you robbed by local gang members who mistook your home for a drug dealer's house, but they were scared off by the alarm, then later a curious bird happened to cut himself on the broken glass and died?

Maybe. These are examples of how the human brain likes to convolute and complicate a mystery or a puzzle to make it more "woo woo". Occam's Razor tells us a bird flew into your window and as a result, died on your floor.

In other words, you have two scenarios, you pick the one that is the least convoluted and that's the most likely solution.

Thank you Batbrat for posting. I'll give it a go.

If one is indeed an "Occam's Razor" theory advocate it could then be well-argued that Missy was quite simply in the wrong place at the wrong time.
No target, no hit, fully random.
MANY church break-ins are listed in the news.
MANY of these take place on Sunday night (before cash from church collection can be deposited in the bank.) MANY involve senseless random vandalism and few (if any) stolen items reported afterwards.
SOME are unsolved and around the time of this crime (one example in Gun Barrel City, Texas involved stolen guitars and such on 1-6-16 an hour away from Midlothian)
FAR FAR FAR FEWER "HITS" or "PLANNED MURDERS" happen than much more common church break-ins.
A common vandal or burgler (dressed up to the nines as disguise from cameras or not) would not expect to be interrupted in the middle of a dark, rainy Sunday night church break-in.
"Occam's Razor" dictates that SWATPERP is not a HITMAN or MURDERER.
He is quite simply a "common" thief and vandal who murdered because of the situation of complete surprise with Missy entering his crime scene.

It could well be his first murder.
He could well have served time in the past and innately feared being caught and returning to prison.
Or he could have left trace DNA that detectives have sent in but have no hits on CODUS because he has never been caught or jailed.

After any and everyone close to MB are run through the ringer, detectives will realize that "Occam's Razor" dictates no target but a fully random church break-in turned deadly.

MANY marriages sadly involve infidelity/ crossing sacred lines/ flirting. Not at all uncommon stuff. Sometimes people work through these issues successfully. Sometimes they divorce. Most parents love their children enough to want what is best for them and will be respectful and kind with their spouse as example to their beloved children even if their spouse has rejected them and broken their heart. Especially so with young impressionable children. Especially so with a rejected spouse who could hardly handle rejection from their beloved children on top of their already brokenness. This happens all the time without revenge or malice entering into the picture.
MANY people are having financial difficulties. It's very common stuff. No news here.
MB BB family seem to be strong in their Christian identity and practicing in their faith. They have indeed been forthcoming in their manner with the press and with investigators. They seem to well be walking the walk that they are talking.
"Occam's Razor" tells me that the family is not at all involved nor are friends or spouses of friends and this is a truly random somewhat common church break-in.
The fact that BB was decidedly out of town during the random church break-in casts an unfair cloud over his head. It is simply random odd timing and nothing more.

The randomness of this church break-in equates the lack of any news.
If you google "church break-ins" in the news you may too realize the perp is someone "fully off the radar" per "Occam's Razor."
That's my humble opinion and I'm sticking with it.

Small aside: RB and wife lost their precious beloved small dog after losing their beloved daughter-in-law. I feel SO sorry for their loss upon loss. I adore my dog and would be devastated if she was killed by another animal. Talk about salt in the wounds. What an awful sad thing to endure after the shocking murder. God bless them.

If one is indeed an "Occam's Razor" theory advocate it could then be well-argued that Missy was quite simply in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I'm an OR guy and IMO the OR solution is indeed about a targeted murder. OR isn't the solution with the most random solution, but rather one that is the simplest that fits the facts. I see ...
1 It was a miserable weather night in the middle of nowhere. That points away from the perp being at that place randomly, or by accident, or on a whim, or out of convenience. Instead, it points to a purpose and likely one that was important to the perp.
2 The perp was there for a while, then left after the murder, and nothing was removed on video, nor taken at the end. That points more towards the perp being there to kill her, lying in wait then doing what he came to do, than to rob.

I'm an OR guy and IMO the OR solution is indeed about a targeted murder. OR isn't the solution with the most random solution, but rather one that is the simplest that fits the facts. I see ...
1 It was a miserable weather night in the middle of nowhere. That points away from the perp being at that place randomly, or by accident, or on a whim, or out of convenience. Instead, it points to a purpose and likely one that was important to the perp.
2 The perp was there for a while, then left after the murder, and nothing was removed on video, nor taken at the end. That points more towards the perp being there to kill her, lying in wait then doing what he came to do, than to rob.

I tend to take the casual demeanor of the perp as an indication that they expected no company, were in no hurry, and weren't after anything in particular.. possibly just "playing" in their fancy schmancy new swat gear on a night when they were least likely to be caught doing so.. encountering and subsequently killing someone would likely put an end to their "playtime" and they would leave in a hurry, obviously not stopping to carry out any valuables or souvenirs..

OR can really go both ways, here.. several ways, really..

That!

I understand and respect LE for not giving an update or releasing new information. However, with no new information for us WS'ers to discuss we're sort of like hamsters running on the wheel. I'm hoping this is the calm before the storm and they're preparing for an arrest. :crossfingers:

No target, no hit, fully random.
MANY church break-ins are listed in the news.
MANY of these take place on Sunday night (before cash from church collection can be deposited in the bank.) MANY involve senseless random vandalism and few (if any) stolen items reported afterwards.
SOME are unsolved and around the time of this crime (one example in Gun Barrel City, Texas involved stolen guitars and such on 1-6-16 an hour away from Midlothian)
FAR FAR FAR FEWER "HITS" or "PLANNED MURDERS" happen than much more common church break-ins.
A common vandal or burgler (dressed up to the nines as disguise from cameras or not) would not expect to be interrupted in the middle of a dark, rainy Sunday night church break-in.
"Occam's Razor" dictates that SWATPERP is not a HITMAN or MURDERER.
He is quite simply a "common" thief and vandal who murdered because of the situation of complete surprise with Missy entering his crime scene.

It could well be his first murder.
He could well have served time in the past and innately feared being caught and returning to prison.
Or he could have left trace DNA that detectives have sent in but have no hits on CODUS because he has never been caught or jailed.

After any and everyone close to MB are run through the ringer, detectives will realize that "Occam's Razor" dictates no target but a fully random church break-in turned deadly.

MANY marriages sadly involve infidelity/ crossing sacred lines/ flirting. Not at all uncommon stuff. Sometimes people work through these issues successfully. Sometimes they divorce. Most parents love their children enough to want what is best for them and will be respectful and kind with their spouse as example to their beloved children even if their spouse has rejected them and broken their heart. Especially so with young impressionable children. Especially so with a rejected spouse who could hardly handle rejection from their beloved children on top of their already brokenness. This happens all the time without revenge or malice entering into the picture.
MANY people are having financial difficulties. It's very common stuff. No news here.
MB BB family seem to be strong in their Christian identity and practicing in their faith. They have indeed been forthcoming in their manner with the press and with investigators. They seem to well be walking the walk that they are talking.
"Occam's Razor" tells me that the family is not at all involved nor are friends or spouses of friends and this is a truly random somewhat common church break-in.
The fact that BB was decidedly out of town during the random church break-in casts an unfair cloud over his head. It is simply random odd timing and nothing more.

The randomness of this church break-in equates the lack of any news.
If you google "church break-ins" in the news you may too realize the perp is someone "fully off the radar" per "Occam's Razor."
That's my humble opinion and I'm sticking with it.

Small aside: RB and wife lost their precious beloved small dog after losing their beloved daughter-in-law. I feel SO sorry for their loss upon loss. I adore my dog and would be devastated if she was killed by another animal. Talk about salt in the wounds. What an awful sad thing to endure after the shocking murder. God bless them.
I'm a firm believer in respecting the opinions of others; therefore, I respect your opinion and could not possibly disagree more.

There are several variables in this case that cannot be rationalized or generalized. It is the collective set of facts, and we only know a precious few, that leads many to view this brutal killing as a targeted murder. I read a contradiction in the statements regarding religion and "walking the walk that they are talking". I can't quite see that. Yes, many people are experiencing stressors and marital conflict; however, this lady ended up losing her life in a manner that has led all sorts of law enforcement agencies to get involved. This isn't about a random church break in. This lady was brutally murdered after her killer casually strolled around waiting for her. I would suggest perhaps the lack of current news is because law enforcement and the media are working collaboratively to further the investigation. Or perhaps law enforcement choses to work alone on this. We don't know.

I appreciate search engines and use them regularly. I do not think a Google search can accommodate all the facts of this case - again - that we know. In this break in, nothing was taken, All that time in the church and nothing was reported missing. Not a microphone, a box of tissue, snacks from the kitchen- nothing. OR is a great theory, and it surely makes sense to me. I'm just not accepting of so many factors coming together on that stormy night when Ms. Bevers was alone -and so many people knew she would be alone- to equal an oops! wrong place at the wrong time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irennnnn