Found Deceased FL - Lane Graves, 2, Walt Disney World, 14 June 2016 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to hear the tragic news. I feel bad for the family. This has been a rough week for Orlando.

OMG! I wonder if the person video and seeing the Gator told anyone? Not blaming anyone but I would hope they did tell someone. Can hear child yelling at someone get back .. this was prior to last night

ALLIGATOR CAUGHT ON VIDEO IN DISNEY RESORT LAGOON DAYS BEFORE A BOY WAS KILLED *VIDEO at link
New footage has emerged apparently showing an alligator lurking in the same lake at Walt Disney World where a two-year-old boy was snatched by a reptile and dragged into the water.
The clip appears to show the Seven Seas Lagoon at the Grand Floridian Resort & Spa in Orlando just days before the child was grabbed by the animal as he waded in the water with his parents and sister.
During the short video, an alligator can be seen swimming close to the surface of the lake exposing its back.
Two children can then be heard excitingly yelling that they can see an alligator in the water

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-struck-lifeguard-reveals.html#ixzz4BgJxhC5S
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

At 3:30 the remains have been recovered. Body has been turned over for autopsy. Found in tact.

Body was found fully intact? Weird. I wonder why the gator left it alone?

Man, this hits close to home. This family only lives 10 miles away from me. I am heartbroken for them.

So I hate to ask, we have gators here too and I have no clue about their habits but if he took the baby why did it not eat him , do they hide and store food?

Thank god he was in one piece. Rest peacefully Lane.

So I hate to ask, we have gators here too and I have no clue about their habits but if he took the baby why did it not eat him , do they hide and store food?

Someone in this thread, I forgot who, said that they store food to eat it later. It was on page 27 I think.

Body was found in the immediate area was where he was last seen. Water was murky. Sonar equipment used and divers recovered the body.

Police believe Lane was drowned by alligator. They think it's likely one of the 5 alligators they caught was responsible. They'll compare bite marks, etc.

so in the shallow water? if the gator was going to eat him later then he would have drown him and stored him underneath something at the bottom of the lake.

Body was found not far from where he went missing.

I am wondering if the alligator was scared off before it could consume.

I know there is little comfort in a situation like this. But I am thankful he was found and found in tact. If only for closure.

Sheriff is making it clear the family was doing nothing wrong. Said it's a beach area. Baby was in playpen, 4 year old was playing, 2 year old was by the shoreline playing in the water. Nothing out of the normal. As he said, they were "vacationing."

It is my understanding that gators may not immediately eat their kill. If it is a larger item (cringe - sorry) they will kill the prey and then deposit the body on the bottom of the body of water wedged beneath a submerged log or otherwise secure the body somewhere that they can then return to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam