TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
Batbrat,
I really admire your work. Do you buy into the idea that there are two SPs, and LE may have changed the height estimate to send a message?

It's certainly an interesting idea. But I'm pretty sure surveillance cameras only captured one person on video. At least on the measurable sequences. The entire sequence between the bulletin board (prying at the door), down the hall, around the corner to the dutch doors then away from the camera can only be one person. When the motion activation switches back on, and the subject is seen walking back toward the camera then turning into the auditorium, that person has the same gait, height, body, etc. So for all intents and purposes, if it were another person, in my opinion it would have to be a twin. The other two video sequences (hand along the wall and breaking glass) I was unable to measure height of the subject using scale. But everything else applies. Gait, posture, anatomy.

Regarding the D/C, probate, etc., discussion......does it really matter? I'm not trying to be snarky, but I don't see how it fits into identifying the SP or solving the case.

It probably doesn't. I was just responding to a question posted up thread.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Batbrat,
I really admire your work. Do you buy into the idea that there are two SPs, and LE may have changed the height estimate to send a message?

At this time I don't think that there are 2 SP's, but there IS video (presumably, after the killing) that we have not seen. As far as I know, Batbrat has not seen it either. When addressing the height of perp, for the public, LE was talking about the video that we HAVE seen. Batbrat did calculations based on video that the public has seen and arrives at several inches taller than LE has stated. I suppose there could have been a decoy perp.....but that further complicates this horrific crime. If Batbrats perp is the decoy....then we have not seen SP AFTER the killing. Not out of the question, but quite out there. How else is the discrepancy explained? Any ideas? JMO

At this time I don't think that there are 2 SP's, but there IS video (presumably, after the killing) that we have not seen. As far as I know, Batbrat has not seen it either. When addressing the height of perp, for the public, LE was talking about the video that we HAVE seen. Batbrat did calculations based on video that the public has seen and arrives at several inches taller than LE has stated. I suppose there could have been a decoy perp.....but that further complicates this horrific crime. If Batbrats perp is the decoy....then we have not seen SP AFTER the killing. Not out of the question, but quite out there. How else is the discrepancy explained? Any ideas? JMO

FWIW LE says there is only one perp in any of the video they have. But within the vast amount of other video of that one perp that Batbrat (and the rest of us) hasn't seen (which presumably would include lots of footage between 3:58 and 4:20), may lie the definitive basis for their height estimation. ( iirc they said they didn't have any after-killing video, but surmised the exit path etc.)

I doubt there's another hidden perp at the church. The thesis to imagine one is pretty far-fetched imo. But that's just speaking to the church events, and I'm somewhat more open to some other conspirator (who wasn't there), although so far we've seen absolutely NO evidence to support that idea.

April 18th - June 18th. Two months today.

I do not think that BB is swatperp. I DO lean toward SP being a person who thought that eliminating Missy would be for BB's benefit as well as their own. I do not think that BB HATED Missy, but I DO think that swatperp did. There are several possibilities following that train of thought JMO ETA BB may or may not have been aware of the plan. I am thinking NOT, but when viewing the extra video (that we are not privy to) he recognizes, or suspects that it is someone he is familiar with. Thus, the "forgiveness". JUST MY OPINION
I'm 99% BB is not SP. Wrong height wrong build wrong mannerisms wrong gait and in wrong state. It's starting to blend but iirc BB say did he's racking his brain to help LE AFTER he'd seen the bonus video? And I'm drifting away from his forgiveness being given to someone he knows did it. Listening to him And his faith beliefs. Forgiveness is a core doctrine and tenant in his life and faith. I just don't think SP. whoever it is isn't going to be moved by it. Remember BB a couple weeks ago said he's 75% sure SP is a woman. So he's not 95 or 100% sure. I'd like to ask him what the 75% is derived from?

I have to keep remembering that LE stated that after professional investigators measured the CS, that they knew all kinds of details about the perp. Footprints, weight, height etc. So, we all waited to learn the details, and all they gave us was approximate height. Nothing else. That is not a detail, that is an approximation. I, for one, figured that with that range, if correct, it almost HAD to be a female perp. I still wonder if that approximation was to dissuade the public from thinking that perp is male. We learned zilch. JMO

Oh I see what you mean. LE may be measuring a portion of the video that the public doesn't have access to. Sure, that's a possibility. I thought the question was based on WSers seeing two people in the video.

How else can one explain the discrepancy? Well, to be honest I believe one of us is mistaken. I have rechecked my work dozens of times. I've even narrowed down my own calculations to within an inch or two. I am very, very confident my measurements are accurate. But I'll eat crow if I'm proven to be mistaken. Like I say, I'd be fascinated to see how their team arrived at those numbers.

Now, I know LE sometimes has a valid reason for leaking false information. However, in this case I find it impossible to believe LE would intentionally mislead the public regarding height. They have asked for the public's help in identifying the person multiple times. If someone had an idea who it might be, but LE had released misleading info regarding height, they've potentially eliminated a large chunk of the possibilities. No way would LE blunder that big on false leaks. If there's a future revision of height estimates, it will be due to a very minor calculation error (we're talking about a few pixels in the full context) and not due to anything intentional.

I have to keep remembering that LE stated that after professional investigators measured the CS, that they knew all kinds of details about the perp. Footprints, weight, height etc. So, we all waited to learn the details, and all they gave us was approximate height. Nothing else. That is not a detail, that is an approximation. I, for one, figured that with that range, if correct, it almost HAD to be a female perp. I still wonder if that approximation was to dissuade the public from thinking that perp is male. We learned zilch. JMO

I keep telling myself "Jessica Chambers. Amanda Blackburn. Teresa Sievers. Jessica Chambers. Amanda Blackburn. Teresa Sievers." Those cases all had a lull and an information drought and seemed near hopeless. but then boom, arrests and charges and piles of information on the suspects. It will happen for Missy.

I completely respect your POV. But to me, IMO, the dire warning was nothing more than infantilization and undermining of a competent adult woman who was capable of taking of herself and also has a history of taking care of others. I do not doubt that it was said, but I find the remark suspicious in context, and then it was repeated by MT as though that is confimation of the validity of a position that a woman should always be frightened to be alone, as you say, in the middle of nowhere. I am addressing that context - it really is the middle of nowhere - and unless there had been a recent upsurge in crime and attacks on women, MB had been safe and was safe, except for some specific person(s) wanting her quite dead - not robbed, not attacked, not injured, not scared, not raped, not carjacked, dead.

Wow! A husband telling his wife to be careful is a DIRE warning which undermines her confidence and infantilizes her, suggesting she is incapable of taking care of herself? We will have to agree to disagree. To me it is an expression of love from a protective husband. What husband would not be concerned that his wife would be going to an empty building before dawn, in the middle of nowhere and alone? I don't want to know that guy. We don't need to discuss the fact that MB was certainly not able to take care of herself that morning or that whoever killed her knew she would be there, alone, early and in the middle of nowhere.

Reply w quote takes forever.....BLUE....I still am not sold on the QT thing. First of all I keep reading that he killed the girl in LA..........which may be true, but he was not convicted of her murder. Sent off to MS to face murder of JC. I think the guy is a nogoodnick and probably did murder in LA, but JC posters are just sure that he did that with no conviction. Maybe he did immolate JC, but I am not convinced until I see evidence. JMO

I am not sure if it means anything, but here are some more tidbits [with "bullet" questions/comments by me], that referenced from MB's LinkedIn and FB accounts including mentioning of the ML Firefighters:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/slain-texas-fitness-trainer-received-creepy-linkedin-note-article-1.2627202
Background summary Linkedin Missy Bevers

BBM

'I am training for my first Spartan Beast Run. It’s so exciting!!'

MB FB:
November 14, 2014 · Midlothian, TX ·
Yes, I am addicted to this thing called, the Spartan Races!! What an Awesome day, ladies! Can't wait for the Super!! Getting a team of Midlothian Firefighters to help us out!! ..

• What team?
  • Helping out with what? Training? Did they?
  • Was she still in contact with them?
  • Who was on MB's team?

Spartan Race:

http://www.spartan.com/en/race/detail/849/overview

BBM

Special gear needed: Racers should plan to bring a headlamp and appropriate fuel for their needs. No fuel will be provided on course, only water. Hydration packs (or water containers of some variety) are strongly suggested for all racers.

• Headlamp?? Quite interesting. Did not know that's part of racing gear.

MB FB November 3, 2015:

BBM

'Tackling the Green Beret Challenge with a group of Camp Gladiator firecrackers in 2016...let the training begin!!'

• Who was on that team training with MB?
  • Green Beret Challenge has a very "tactical" touch to the entire race and how they come across IMO

http://www.greenberetchallenge.com/#!about/c16fk
https://www.facebook.com/greenberetchallenge

I keep telling myself "Jessica Chambers. Amanda Blackburn. Teresa Sievers. Jessica Chambers. Amanda Blackburn. Teresa Sievers." Those cases all had a lull and an information drought and seemed near hopeless. but then boom, arrests and charges and piles of information on the suspects. It will happen for Missy.

Agree.

-Nin

Reply w quote takes forever.....BLUE....I still am not sold on the QT thing. First of all I keep reading that he killed the girl in LA..........which may be true, but he was not convicted of her murder. Sent off to MS to face murder of JC. I think the guy is a nogoodnick and probably did murder in LA, but JC posters are just sure that he did that with no conviction. Maybe he did immolate JC, but I am not convinced until I see evidence. JMO

I'm not sold on his guilt either - my point was there was stuff going on no one told us about at the time. That could very well be what's happening with Missy's case.

Nogoodnik is a great word. :)

Well just reading up. As far as the video is concerned- I believe a team of forensic video analysts were who helped LE to determine the new height range. They went there as well and IIRC went through the building etc. I am so impressed with batbrat's work. My guess is the public footage may differ from the forensic team footage. Who knows? It's very interesting that early in the case LE said they were about the height Batbrat stated and maybe even taller- IIRC 6" There must be some valid reason for the difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

April 18th - June 18th. Two months today.

Does anyone else think it seems like this case has been going on longer than two months?
Kinda random and perhaps locals will know the answer: What happened to that local reporter who went on Tricia's radio show and was so certain of the suspect and an impending arrest? I believe this "reporter" posts or posted here.

Hello everyone! Nebwie here! This is the first case I’ve ever followed religiously and I felt like it was time for a post since it’s been getting a lot quieter around here.

SP is moseying through the hall, not a care in the world. Why was SP so calm? In my opinion there was another individual in the church that night that we have not seen. Someone keeping watch… possibly even committing the murder. SP to me seems like an incredibly awkward young adult or teen.. maybe manipulated/coerced into helping a family member or close friend? My profiling may be way off... regardless, I still firmly believe there were 2 perps. I honestly don’t think any footage has been shown of the real mastermind/killer behind all this. The video experts they brought in were the best of the best. JMO, but there is no way they wouldn’t have been able to narrow the suspects height down to within an inch. That 5 inch range they gave us solidified my gut feeling. Again, all JMO!

Whoever was behind this murder planned it out and planned it out well. And I’ve begun to think SP’s costume wasn’t really a costume. I don’t believe SP is LE but maybe has access/connections to LE?

I know this has been talked about a few times but does anyone have any more information about MB’S connection to the FD?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Checking in to see if there is anything new. I guess not. :censored:

I can't wait until there is an arrest so I can actually post in here again! :gaah:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆