TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW three days before MB's murder someone posted and it was shared by MT. It was advertising or telling this one person that the gun shop was having a big sale on a pistol. "Get down to SWFA in midlothian today. Ruger LCP .380 on sale today only $199.99. I paid $325 for mine 2 years ago. SWFA is an awesome company with awesome service deals on ammo too." then they tagged a person with the initials of CF. Don't know if it makes a difference or not. Just kind of odd that it involved SWFA and MT. Could that post alerted someone to go and buy one? Could they possibly check who did buy them... I am not accusing anyone, just thought this was interesting.

FWIW three days before MB's murder someone posted and it was shared by MT. It was advertising or telling this one person that the gun shop was having a big sale on a pistol. "Get down to SWFA in midlothian today. Ruger LCP .380 on sale today only $199.99. I paid $325 for mine 2 years ago. SWFA is an awesome company with awesome service deals on ammo too." then they tagged a person with the initials of CF. Don't know if it makes a difference or not. Just kind of odd that it involved SWFA and MT. Could that post alerted someone to go and buy one? Could they possibly check who did buy them... I am not accusing anyone, just thought this was interesting.

Interesting coincidence. But pretty sure that's all it is. No one plotting a murder in three days time is going to make a post about buying a new gun at SWFA (especially if said murder involved a gun). ETA: or mention what kind of gun they own...

JMO, IMO

I completely respect your POV. But to me, IMO, the dire warning was nothing more than infantilization and undermining of a competent adult woman who was capable of taking of herself and also has a history of taking care of others. I do not doubt that it was said, but I find the remark suspicious in context, and then it was repeated by MT as though that is confimation of the validity of a position that a woman should always be frightened to be alone, as you say, in the middle of nowhere. I am addressing that context - it really is the middle of nowhere - and unless there had been a recent upsurge in crime and attacks on women, MB had been safe and was safe, except for some specific person(s) wanting her quite dead - not robbed, not attacked, not injured, not scared, not raped, not carjacked, dead.

I think what bothers me most is this wasn't just some hobby for Missy. It was her job. It put food on the table and helped paid the bills. She was helping her family get above their financial struggles. I doubt MIssy liked getting up at 4am to go to work, but it's what we do when we become responsible adults. The church wasn't down some dark road out in the middle of no where. It was a locked public building with surveillance cameras on a state highway. Missy had reasonable expectations of safety.

Wow! A husband telling his wife to be careful is a DIRE warning which undermines her confidence and infantilizes her, suggesting she is incapable of taking care of herself? We will have to agree to disagree. To me it is an expression of love from a protective husband. What husband would not be concerned that his wife would be going to an empty building before dawn, in the middle of nowhere and alone? I don't want to know that guy. We don't need to discuss the fact that MB was certainly not able to take care of herself that morning or that whoever killed her knew she would be there, alone, early and in the middle of nowhere.
This is such an informative post, I hope everyone has the chance to read it and let it sink in.

Not sure I remember correctly - someone correct me if not - but wasn't MB teaching this class MWF at 5:00AM at the CoC since January 2016? So that would be about 36 sessions in a row for 3 months up until the one where she was murdered. And MB had been safe all that time, and capable of taking care of herself, like any woman, even one who works odd hours of necessity. And yes, someone certainly knew she would be alone there, just briefly, a very tight timeframe, and that it was literally the only hour of the day she is ever alone except when otherwise driving her truck. It is almost miraculous that BB had thought to warn her of potential danger, but only right before she was murdered, not all along or several times over the last 3 months, or when she took that particular assignment - but just right before she was murdered.

What was someone saying about fairy tales on the last couple of pages... oh wait, I remember the post. Thanks.

Also, I may have missed this way back two months ago, but I have the understanding that MT said that BB told MT that he was worried about Missys dark morning set-ups. I have not heard BB say that HE warned Missy about them. ????? JMO

On Wednesday, April 20, MT spoke to reporters. at 00:58 MT states that her (Missy's) husband had told her "to be prepared". "Ya know, he had worried about something like that that early in the morning."

[video=youtube;hz1duUZCfQI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hz1duUZCfQI[/video]

But when BB gave his first presser, after arriving home, he stated that he did NOT believe that Missy was targeted. BB later changed his mind

This is such an informative post, I hope everyone has the chance to read it and let it sink in.

Not sure I remember correctly - someone correct me if not - but wasn't MB teaching this class MWF at 5:00AM at the CoC since January 2016? So that would be about 36 sessions in a row for 3 months up until the one where she was murdered. And MB had been safe all that time, and capable of taking care of herself, like any woman, even one who works odd hours of necessity. And yes, someone certainly knew she would be alone there, just briefly, a very tight timeframe, and that it was literally the only hour of the day she is ever alone except when otherwise driving her truck. It is almost miraculous that BB had thought to warn her of potential danger, but only right before she was murdered, not all along or several times over the last 3 months, or when she took that particular assignment - but just right before she was murdered.

What was someone saying about fairy tales on the last couple of pages... oh wait, I remember the post. Thanks.

In fairness to BB, something had clearly changed in the last few weeks of MB's life. She had made at least one other adjustment to her normal routine - she stopped using Anytime Fitness.

I completely respect your POV. But to me, IMO, the dire warning was nothing more than infantilization and undermining of a competent adult woman who was capable of taking of herself and also has a history of taking care of others. I do not doubt that it was said, but I find the remark suspicious in context, and then it was repeated by MT as though that is confimation of the validity of a position that a woman should always be frightened to be alone, as you say, in the middle of nowhere. I am addressing that context - it really is the middle of nowhere - and unless there had been a recent upsurge in crime and attacks on women, MB had been safe and was safe, except for some specific person(s) wanting her quite dead - not robbed, not attacked, not injured, not scared, not raped, not carjacked, dead.

I am very careful in terms of personal safety. Cautious to the point of being called paranoid by my SO. I keep my wits about me. Having said that, had I been opening that church at 0400 that morning I would have had ZERO qualms. It was in the middle of a small town that hadn't had a murder in years, right? Peaceful Texas countryside. Would not have thought twice about my safety, especially being in a church.

So I guess in the context of their lives, I am surprised her husband warned her to be careful. My SO only says that when he knows I am going to be in downtown Denver, never when I'm puttering around in our little town. Strikes me as odd that he said that to her, unless it had to do with the strange message on LinkedIn.

On Wednesday, April 20, MT spoke to reporters. at 00:58 MT states that her (Missy's) husband had told her "to be prepared". "Ya know, he had worried about something like that that early in the morning."

[video=youtube;hz1duUZCfQI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hz1duUZCfQI[/video]

But when BB gave his first presser, after arriving home, he stated that he did NOT believe that Missy was targeted. BB later changed his mind

Good point. If BB thought Missy was in enough danger to warn her to be careful before she left for her last session, why wouldn't he have initially thought she had been targeted the next day after she'd been brutally murdered?

This is from the funeral. I didn't realize Missy was currently tutoring a special needs student. She was such a giving person. I can't wrap my mind around who would want her dead.

http://www.waxahachietx.com/news/20...vers-as-mother--committed-to-faith-friendship

Bevers was a loving, passionate and energetic person, (Chris) Maddox shared, and left many wonderful, funny memories in the hearts of her family, classmates, friends and coworkers. From playing golf with her brothers barefoot to avoid the tan lines left by socks, to dragging every one of her Facebook friends along on her entrepreneurial schemes, Missy set her own course and pursued each with her whole heart, he said. She also loved deeply, staying connected with her high school classmates and spending many extra hours to tutor one of her special needs students who she felt was failed by the school system.
She loved her family just as much, Maddox shared, from her first blind date with her husband Brandon Bevers – a blind date his mother set them up on – from which she returned saying she would follow him anywhere, to her commitment to raise their three daughters with a strong faith in God.
She once told her younger brother, “Everyone you meet is a friend until they prove otherwise,” Maddox said.

Thanks for that link. I also noticed this tidbit written slightly differently than in other articles:

"...A day before, News 8 was there when an ATF dog was taken inside the church to check for gunshot residue. ..."

ATF dogs and gun residue - this is something I know nothing about. I can see dogs to pick up the perps scent inside and then track how he left, but what specifically would they be checking for in terms of gun residue? Are they hoping the dog would find the location of a hidden gun in the building? If it is just residue, as in they know a gun was fired, how is that helpful? Wouldn't they know that when the autopsy comes back anyway? Or from physical examination of the immediate scene if they shot at MB and missed?

At first it seemed like a very interesting coincidence. As in no one I know would send me a link to a local store's handgun sale on fb. That is not the kind of stuff that anyone I know would be interested in, UNLESS, it was Meme with a misspelled word or accompanied by a sick humor anniversary greeting. But, I don't live in TX where the whole place is full of rattlesnakes and having to be armed just to weed the garden is a must. A .38 is the perfect weapon for gardeners, chicken farmers, horse and cattle owners, really all sorts of people. Shotguns are just too heavy to carry around on your property while you are tending to it. So, I can see where some groups of fb friends might send a post like this around and for a completely reasonable purpose. Therefore, I can't say that the coincidence is anything other than a random one.

ATF dogs and gun residue - this is something I know nothing about. I can see dogs to pick up the perps scent inside and then track how he left, but what specifically would they be checking for in terms of gun residue? Are they hoping the dog would find the location of a hidden gun in the building? If it is just residue, as in they know a gun was fired, how is that helpful? Wouldn't they know that when the autopsy comes back anyway? Or from physical examination of the immediate scene if they shot at MB and missed?

Dogs could smell it in the building anywhere and on anyone present, which would include witnesses. And, yes the dogs could find a recently fired weapon in the building, or even a bomb. Dogs could point to where SP was when the shot(s) were taken. They could trace it to a bathroom if SP washed up after the shooting. It is amazing what the dogs can tell about a crime scene. And, it would be quite remiss for LE to wait until the autopsy report before they began to investigate the crime scene, wouldn't you say?

Respectfully BBM

MB started the CG camp at the Creekside CoC, Monday Aug 31, 2015, classes MWF 5am, so approx 7 1/2 months JMHO from her FB posts.

Missy Bevers
August 30, 2015 ·
It's HAPPENING TOMORROW MORNING @5:00am....Pre-View the new Camp Gladiator location @5:00am, Creekside Church of Christ, 5401 East Hwy 287....SEE YOU ALL THEN!!
https://www.facebook.com/missy.bevers/posts/10207579173257298

Missy Bevers with XXXXXXXXXXXXX and 12 others.
August 31, 2015 · Ovilla, TX ·
WAY TO GO CG MIDLO!!! Welcome to Camp Gladiator all you AMAZING NEW CG CAMPERS.. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...&set=a.3571350162298.169611.1229322185&type=3

Missy Bevers Come on out for FREE this week, XXXXXXXXXXXXX...W,F @5:00am, Creekside Church of Christ
August 31, 2015 at 7:43am https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...0207585574217318&comment_tracking={"tn":"R9"}

Good point. If BB thought Missy was in enough danger to warn her to be careful before she left for her last session, why wouldn't he have initially thought she had been targeted the next day after she'd been brutally murdered?

If it turns out that BB had truly WARNED her, in a manner that wasn't routine, then it's certainly worth examining further to see what he was fearing.

But as I understood it, we were instead told that BB had expressed concern, or had been concerned, (at some time or times prior to the murder) for her safety in those dark morning hours. Routine stuff. General concern over a class held in the middle of nowhere in the dark, rather than any type of warning, and an ongoing loving concern rather than having any specific foreboding over something dire about to happen on Apr 18. Repeated again this time.

I personally have told my loved ones many times to be careful or be safe - with no major thought that some major disaster was imminent. I suspect almost everyone here has as well. That sort of expression and concern is very understandable, over loved ones, doing things that might pose some modicum of "risk."

But then, in light of such an outcome, I think it's normal to play what-if games with ourselves. I bet we're just seeing BB remember such ordinary statements, and in light of what happened, make more of them in his mind.

If it turns out that BB had truly WARNED her, in a manner that wasn't routine, then it's certainly worth examining further to see what he was fearing. But I bet that wasn't what happened. It's not how I have heard it.

rsbm

If it wasn't something he did routinely, he may have done it that day, not because of any specific concern, but because he was out of town. Many people are more worried about their loved ones when they are away from home.

Also, I may have missed this way back two months ago, but I have the understanding that MT said that BB told MT that he was worried about Missys dark morning set-ups. I have not heard BB say that HE warned Missy about them. ????? JMO
I did read that somewhere.. But for the life of me, I don't know where. I wonder if MB shared the "creepy message" with BB. And we still don't know who she showed it to right?

rsbm

If it wasn't something he did routinely, he may have done it that day, not because of any specific concern, but because he was out of town. Many people are more worried about their loved ones when they are away from home.

Great point. He may have had a heightened sense, of being away and unable to help if she needed some help. Like, what if her car broke down or she ran out of gas, or if she overdid it in a class and broke a limb and had to go to the hospital, without him there to help her, stuff like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288