FL - Mass Shooting at Pulse Nightclub, Orlando 12 June 2016 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you dare, go to some services at a mosque. Meet some people who are Muslim.

People from Muslim countries could read about Westboro or the FDLS and think those are true examples of the religion

if they were allowed to. which theyre not.

How about let's NOT pretend we go murder an entire race. How about let's NOT say that we should really be killing all white american males between 19-25. How about that?

And since it was brought up, I would point out that white American males commit far less violence, per capita, than some other demographic groups.

I like that idea - lets NOT pretend we go exterminate all muslims and were good!

I do not think there are terrorist sympathizers on this thread moo.

The purpose of the thread is to discuss the motivation--the why, and that is what we are doing

I do not think anyone is saying one way is better than the other - there are 100 people shot

In reality all it is word order.

There is no way IMO , that anyone would state a terrorist does not include hate, in much the same way a hater, who does things like this, does not end up terrorizing folks.

Of course this is terrorism- its its orgin that we are pondering

Some of us know its origin. The terrorist himself told us its origin.

Some of us are pondering the resistance to recognizing radical Islamic terrorism and calling it what it is.

Some of us are pondering the resistance to recognizing radical Islamic terrorism and calling it what it is.

My question would be....do we know more than the FBI that investigated this man twice and also after his killing spree?
They are saying homegrown and domestic terrorism.
Until we know more that is what I'm going by. IMO

I have a hard time understanding it too. If we knew much less about this killers ideology then I think that it would be fair to hold off on calling him an Islamic terrorist. However the evidence that he was a radical Muslim continues to grow as the investigation continues.

I can't ignore that. JMO

My question would be....do we know more than the FBI that investigated this man twice and also after his killing spree?

Yes, honestly, I think we do. Politics affects what the FBI says. Based on what we've seen reported about this terrorist and his background, I can't believe that anyone can think it's not Islamic terrorism. He has a very long history of interest in and admiration for various Islamic terror groups, and during the terrorist attack itself, he called 911 and told the world why he was doing it. It's pretty self-evident.

So an American citizen can't be an Islamic terrorist? Why not?

Yes, honestly, I think we do. Politics affects what the FBI says. Based on what we've seen reported about this terrorist and his background, I can't believe that anyone can think it's not Islamic terrorism. He has a very long history of interest in and admiration for various Islamic terror groups, and during the terrorist attack itself, he called 911 and told the world why he was doing it. It's pretty self-evident.

I'm keeping an open mind. It very well could be,but from what we are being told nothing points to his having any solid contacts with any terrorist groups. Or at least the last I read that was the case.
I hope if he does have any ties a complete investigation would reveal information that might stop others from acting. IMO

I dont think that folks are saying that. I think we all agree this is a terrozing event.

Of course an american citizen can be a Islamic terroist. I learned tongiht that the head head dude whos videos are still inspiring this activity cant spell his name was born in america

In terms of mo, I just think he OM is a terrorist wihtout Islamic in front of it. If we learn of evidnece that supports that I am open!!

Could be but what we are being told is that he watched videos and had limited contact with one person guilty of terrorism.

ETA I can't speak for what might be important for family of victims but I would think more than a proper title would be to find if he did have contacts that might lead to stopping another attack.

[FONT=&quot]The relationship between Orlando terrorist Omar Mateen and an American suicide bomber in Syria was much “deeper” than previously understood by federal investigators, according to a government source.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Fox News was told the relationship as well as the Mateen case in general are "very complex" but would not go further, citing the sensitivity of the FBI investigation and classified information. The source said the bomber's return to Florida in 2013 is under fresh scrutiny as well.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/06/1...cide-bomber-in-syria-deeper-than-thought.html

This isn't new info, it just can't be ignored imo[/FONT]

I'm keeping an open mind. It very well could be,but from what we are being told nothing points to his having any solid contacts with any terrorist groups. Or at least the last I read that was the case.
I hope if he does have any ties a complete investigation would reveal information that might stop others from acting. IMO

IMO, it doesn't matter whether he had "solid" contact or minimal contact or no contact at all with ISIS. He committed an an act of Islamic terrorism in pursuit of the general orders from ISIS to go out and kill infidels. That makes him an Islamic terrorist in my book.

Could be but what we are being told is that he watched videos and had limited contact with one person guilty of terrorism.

That's all? I thought that there was more than some videos and "limited" contact with a known terrorist.

Maybe I'm thinking of a different case.

if they were allowed to. which theyre not.

I'm certain there are mosques in the United States that allow non Muslims. If you dress modestly and respect their customs you would likely be welcomed to observe.

[FONT=&amp]The relationship between Orlando terrorist Omar Mateen and an American suicide bomber in Syria was much “deeper” than previously understood by federal investigators, according to a government source.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Fox News was told the relationship as well as the Mateen case in general are "very complex" but would not go further, citing the sensitivity of the FBI investigation and classified information. The source said the bomber's return to Florida in 2013 is under fresh scrutiny as well.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/06/1...cide-bomber-in-syria-deeper-than-thought.html

From your link:
Reading Awlaki sermons and watching his videos are among the most common and obvious red flags for homegrown terrorism. This is what San Bernardino shooters Tashfeen Malik and Syed Farook were watching before they killed 14 people in December. Both of the Boston Marathon bombers studied the cleric's radical teachings before they planted pressure-cooker bombs at the finish line of the race in 2013; Maj. Nidal Hasan exchanged emails with the American cleric before he opened fire at Fort Hood in 2009.

The San Bernardino terrorists, the Boston Marathon terrorists, and the Fort Hood terrorist all followed the same Anwar al-Awlaki with whom Mateen had so-called "minimal" contact. That's not a coincidence.

[FONT=&amp]The relationship between Orlando terrorist Omar Mateen and an American suicide bomber in Syria was much “deeper” than previously understood by federal investigators, according to a government source.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Fox News was told the relationship as well as the Mateen case in general are "very complex" but would not go further, citing the sensitivity of the FBI investigation and classified information. The source said the bomber's return to Florida in 2013 is under fresh scrutiny as well.

Seems like the Orlando killer had more than "limited" contact with the Islamic suicide bomber. JMO

IMO, it doesn't matter whether he had "solid" contact or minimal contact or no contact at all with ISIS. He committed an an act of Islamic terrorism in pursuit of the general orders from ISIS to go out and kill infidels. That makes him an Islamic terrorist in my book.

He did say that is why he acted and that may well be the truth. However I'm not sure based on his boasts during the time he was last investigated by the FBI. IMO

He did say that is why he acted and that may well be the truth. However I'm not sure based on his boasts during the time he was last investigated by the FBI. IMO

I think his boasts overstated his Islamic terrorist connections, but I think they stated the truth of his allegiances and his motivation for the Islamic terrorist attack that he committed.

With ya on that he didn't even know what terrorist group he was dying for!

He referred to three differnet totally opposite ones on the last 3 911 calls.

We don’t know that he was any more of a threat in 2013 and 2014 than anyone else shooting off their mouth,” said Steve Bucci,

To those familiar with the Middle East, those claims are contradictory — the two groups are bitter enemies.

earlier link

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member