MISTRIAL - Sidney Moorer on trial for the kidnapping of Heather Elvis #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am no expert but next time yu walk in a convenience store and look at the approx 20-30 types of small cigars. I would guess 99% arent for celebrating. I dont think SM was celebrating. I would guess he just wanted to get high. I may even go so far to speculate maybe he felt he needed to be high to complete his intended deed
That's exactly what I thought when I heard about the cigar. He needed it to help complete his deed that night. On another note, I hope the tv interview about the pregnancy test is used in TM's trial to try to prove she was present that night and part of the disappearance of Heather.

Absolutely not. It was a designated meeting spot.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

It was a designated meeting spot for Heather to meet who? SM? Since I believe there was a plan to do harm to her, I can't see that as being the spot to do her harm there. That area is not all that desolate. If you look on the map that area has main roads close to it and a lot of commercial property. And if the emphasis was meet me by the dumpsters, I think Heather would have had second thoughts.

It was a designated meeting spot for Heather to meet who? SM? Since I believe there was a plan to do harm to her, I can't see that as being the spot to do her harm there. That area is not all that desolate. If you look on the map that area has main roads close to it and a lot of commercial property. And if the emphasis was meet me by the dumpsters, I think Heather would have had second thoughts.

I think in the middle of the night, any area could be "desolate." But, I"m not a local. I happen to think where she parked was just....where she decided to park. And yes, I think SM asked to meet there. But, I don't think he's necessarily the one who showed up.

I think in the middle of the night, any area could be "desolate." But, I"m not a local. I happen to think where she parked was just....where she decided to park. And yes, I think SM asked to meet there. But, I don't think he's necessarily the one who showed up.
But, I think either way he was guilty in the ruse for her to show up.

Well you say hung out by dumpsters, but the man said the data showed she was in the back corner of the parking lot. I don't think that meant literally she was hanging out by the dumpster. I think it meant she was in her car in the back part of the parking lot. I don't think that is totally unreasonable to just park there and go over things in her mind. Also, I think the meeting at PTL was set up in the 2nd call to SM. I misspoke/didn't make that clear. I think the first call was to lure her with the leaving the wife, I miss you ruse. He may have asked her to come out, but she probably resisted at that time.

Didn't the man say her phone was in motion while she was in the parking lot? Either she got out or drove around the parking lot and it was winter so why would she get out if nobody was there with her? :thinking: IMO

I meant to do a quote multiple reply- adulting is hard.

Just a thought but a lot of people where I live smoke cigars, even those who don't regularly smoke, when they're working out in the woods to help keep mosquitoes and biting flies away. Or maybe he's just a smoker.

Just a thought but a lot of people where I live smoke cigars, even those who don't regularly smoke, when they're working out in the woods to help keep mosquitoes and biting flies away. Or maybe he's just a smoker.

This describes my ex.

FWIW, when I looked it up to see if there were any pics to show the backside of the property there were reviews and a local customer described it as "in the middle of nowhere".

I doubt that there was emphasis to meet by the dumpsters.

Didn't the man say her phone was in motion while she was in the parking lot? Either she got out or drove around the parking lot and it was winter so why would she get out if nobody was there with her? :thinking: IMO

No, he did not say her phone was roaming around the parking lot.

No, he said there was no movement of the phone at that location, but she made two calls to the pay phone. The phone then moved to the housing complex, turned around and moved to the area between the RR tracks and the retention pond where two more calls to the pay phone were made. It then moved back to her house.

ETA: He actually said there were two calls made from her phone. I didn't mean to imply that he said anything about Heather.

No, he said there was no movement of the phone at that location, but she made two calls to the pay phone. The phone then moved to the housing complex, turned around and moved to the area between the RR tracks and the retention pond where two more calls to the pay phone were made. It then moved back to her house.

Couple of things. Since she turned around couldn't that indicate some one who is unsure about things running through their mind? Also if calls were made to the payphone doesn't that indicate she didn't meet SM there? If the harm was planned to take place there then SM didn't do it at that location. And if some feel she wasn't in control of her phone who else would be calling the payphone before going back home? Am I missing something?

Well you say hung out by dumpsters, but the man said the data showed she was in the back corner of the parking lot. I don't think that meant literally she was hanging out by the dumpster. I think it meant she was in her car in the back part of the parking lot. I don't think that is totally unreasonable to just park there and go over things in her mind. Also, I think the meeting at PTL was set up in the 2nd call to SM. I misspoke/didn't make that clear. I think the first call was to lure her with the leaving the wife, I miss you ruse. He may have asked her to come out, but she probably resisted at that time.

I for one agree with you!

I think she told Sidney no in the pay phone conversation. Then she changed her mind and left her apt. She drove to LBs because she was going to suggest meeting there. She tried the pay phone back, no answer, gave up and left. She then decided to try Sid's cell phone and he answered and they decided to meet at PTL. She turned around and drove there.

She didn't try the cell first because she figured it was a long shot because TM had control of it in the past.

It fits all the evidence, is reasonable and makes sense. I think it really is that simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could he have met her at Longbeards to give her the test, then she went home to take it and then called him to please meet up with her and then they met at again at PTL?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

It's not a fluke that Dec 18 data was gone. It was done purposefully. You can do research on the Interwebs to find out the inner workings of the SYNC module. It is possible since it was done.

You might be an average vehicle owner but I bet you don't work on your vehicles or read the manuals about the tech. Sid likely would have since he purchased this vehicle. And Sid had reason to want to know this since he was out and about and did not want his activities of Dec 18th known.

Do you get into the inner workings of your computer? Most 'average' users don't. But computer enthusiasts do and there is PLENTY of info available online how to do various things. I utilize some of those resources for my computer. Well, the SYNC capability on a Ford vehicle is just another little computer of sorts. It has hardware, it runs software. The module itself can be removed and replaced. One could physically remove that piece of hardware (like for a day) and then put it back on. HOW this is done I don't know, but I know it can be easily done. Everything is "plug 'n play."
WE know it was done intentionally. But would a jury? If he did an internet search on it, where are the records of his search history (like we saw with CA's trial). Not trying to be snarky by any means, just sharing what I think I would need to see as a juror.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Couple of things. Since she turned around couldn't that indicate some one who is unsure about things running through their mind? Also if calls were made to the payphone doesn't that indicate she didn't meet SM there? If the harm was planned to take place there then SM didn't do it at that location. And if some feel she wasn't in control of her phone who else would be calling the payphone before going back home? Am I missing something?

Honestly, I don't think we can know her frame of mind, and the turning around could be about most anything. I don't know at what point she lost control of her phone. I can buy that she was in harm's way or very near it earlier on the timeline. I can, as was suggested above, believe that she first said no to a meeting. I believed that originally. But that suggests that either she didn't come clean with Bri, or we got an edited version of the call when Bri testified.

I think it's possible that she was saying one thing to Bri and then doing another because Bri was not on board with her even answering calls from SM.

And as I said previously, if the M's driving her car and leaving it at PTL was too big of a risk because it's too close to the house, surely completing a kidnapping there after a documented phone call with her, leaving the car there after she was dead, and having that be the last phone location for her was lunacy.

IF she thought she was pregnant and SM calls to tell her he is now a free man, what are the chances she is going to "sleep on it" as to decide if she is going to see him again?

I think an outside agent needs to come in, look at all the evidence with new eyes, and tell what he sees.

LE was so determined about proving a murder charge against the Moorers, then had to drop it to only a kidnapping charge, I feel that they are overlooking / missed an important piece. To be able to put all this together on circumstantial evidence, is an amazing feat. However, it stops in mid-air! There is nothing after the alleged meeting at PTL.

Heather just disappears into thin air. Are there alligators in the waterways?

IF she thought she was pregnant and SM calls to tell her he is now a free man, what are the chances she is going to "sleep on it" as to decide if she is going to see him again?

I think an outside agent needs to come in, look at all the evidence with new eyes, and tell what he sees.

LE was so determined about proving a murder charge against the Moorers, then had to drop it to only a kidnapping charge, I feel that they are overlooking / missed an important piece. To be able to put all this together on circumstantial evidence, is an amazing feat. However, it stops in mid-air! There is nothing after the alleged meeting at PTL.

Heather just disappears into thin air. Are there alligators in the waterways?

I would like to know if LE checked the cameras around town along Heather's route. Specifically the restaurant where she stopped and stayed for a total of 30 mins. I feel LE has the missing link we are seeking here. For some reason, they did not and do not want to tell us what it is. I'm not suggesting what they may know implicates someone else. There is no use pretending there is not an elephant in the room. It's too obvious. IMO

I would like to know if LE checked the cameras around town along Heather's route. Specifically the restaurant where she stopped and stayed for a total of 30 mins. I feel LE has the missing link we are seeking here. For some reason, they did not and do not want to tell us what it is. I'm not suggesting what they may know implicates someone else. There is no use pretending there is not an elephant in the room. It's too obvious. IMO
I'm sorry, what's the elephant?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I think in the middle of the night, any area could be "desolate." But, I"m not a local.
Yeah, it actually is kinda desolate, especially late at night. You don't always see it from Hwy 31 (Carolina Bays Pkwy), and it is surrounded by trees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong