CA - Mass casualty incident, 5+ stabbed at Neo-Nazi rally, Sacramento, 26 June 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually read that blac bloc showed up.

It appears the rally was peaceful until the left wing radicals showed up. And no I don't agree with neo nazi principles but they did have a permit to hold a rally.

JMO

it goes both ways.

The irony and the willfull blindness is impressive. The people who consider themselves "anti-fascist" are all-too-happy to use violence to shut down the free speech rights of those they disagree with.

Strip away their affiliations for a moment. All I see are hateful, ignorant people here...on both sides.

And if I may add, no one would have even noted a white supremest rally of 30 people if these idiots didn't show up to make it newsworthy. I. Just. Can't.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

So, are we to conclude that physically attacking people you don't agree with is part of left-wing mainstream thought?

I am saying that the on the ground reports I was looking at were extremely vague as regards what groups (or individuals) were a part of the counter-protest; as well as how the situation had escalated to what was shown on film--which, as I saw it involved people using flags as weapons. Unclear exactly what kind of flags--although at least one seemed to have a red background. One specific query of the on-site reporter was whether the "people in black with black face-coverings" were instigators. Her response was that it was very, very difficult to tell 1) which "side" was instigating; and 2) who belonged to which "side." Further, in my view, opposition to the beliefs of nazis and white supremacists do not constitute radical, or extremist opinions.

I am saying that the on the ground reports I was looking at were extremely vague as regards what groups (or individuals) were a part of the counter-protest; as well as how the situation had escalated to what was shown on film--which, as I saw it involved people using flags as weapons. Unclear exactly what kind of flags--although at least one seemed to have a red background. One specific query of the on-site reporter was whether the "people in black with black face-coverings" were instigators. Her response was that it was very, very difficult to tell 1) which "side" was instigating; and 2) who belonged to which "side." Further, in my view, opposition to the beliefs of nazis and white supremacists do not constitute radical, or extremist opinions.

rbbm

I think the flags were used in self defense.

JMO

The irony and the willfull blindness is impressive. The people who consider themselves "anti-fascist" are all-too-happy to use violence to shut down the free speech rights of those they disagree with.

That is because politics is not linear (far left, left, middle, right, far right). Rather it is circular, where far right and far left can and do blur into each other- well, when they are not clubbing each other.

the ppl w black with faces hidden were blac bloc. they actually are said to be hired protestors for the right to invalidate left ppl.

the ppl w black with faces hidden were blac bloc. they actually are said to be hired protestors for the right to invalidate left ppl.

Oh crap. I remember them from the G20.

IMO anarchy is to left wing what fascism is to right wing. I doubt anyone in the mainstream is okay with the other.

it goes both ways.

"But Johnny does it too!" is never an excuse for a violent hate crime, which is what was committed here by the self-proclaimed "anti-fascists" who are actually fascists themselves.

didn't say it was an excuse. its stupid and wrong either way. but I don't like the finger pointing toward liberals when there are just as many conservative nutjobs, so I point it out.

"But Johnny does it too!" is never an excuse for a violent hate crime, which is what was committed here by the self-proclaimed "anti-fascists" who are actually fascists themselves.

How about using violence to shut down those you disagree with? Is that radical or extremist?

didn't say it was an excuse. its stupid and wrong either way. but I don't like the finger pointing toward liberals when there are just as many conservative nutjobs, so I point it out.

I was finger-pointing at the anarcho-fascists who call themselves anti-fascist yet are willing to use violence to shut down those they disagree with.

If that doesn't describe the liberal left, then I wasn't pointing at them.

Do you have a link? I never heard of them but a google search has them associated with Occupy.

There have been quite a few mass stabbings lately. I really hope that there is some kind of 'sharp object' control being talked about in the near future.

they started there, but they show up at any random demonstration.

I cant link because it was comments on FB MSM and we aren't allowed, but the link is somewhere within this thread.

Do you have a link? I never heard of them but a google search has them associated with Occupy.

'blac bloc' seems to me to be more of a tactic than a 'group' of any kind.

I read about it here:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_bloc

If you don't care for Wikipedia links, at least they can offer a jumping off place for further research.

As far as this Sacramento incident goes, I have watched and read enough to know that I am not inclined to support either side.

But, the history of the 'black bloc' aspect is kind of interesting to me.

'blac bloc' seems to me to be more of a tactic than a 'group' of any kind.

I read about it here:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_bloc

If you don't care for Wikipedia links, at least they can offer a jumping off place for further research.

As far as this Sacramento incident goes, I have watched and read enough to know that I am not inclined to support either side.

But, the history of the 'black bloc' aspect is kind of interesting to me.

These might interest you:

Violent Black Bloc tactics on display at G20 protest

The violent protesters who never were

Toronto G20 sentencing: Black Bloc rioter gets 15 months

It's clear to me who the violent aggressors were and it wasn't the neo nazis.

JMO

I do not think you understood my point.

It is all about what people would do about Nazi's. Do we stand silently by?

In Germany back in the day, many people did nothing. The Nazi's had their free speech.

Back in the day, many watched lynchings here in the US. They stood silently by.

Back in the day, blacks were beaten, had dogs sicced on them, were attacked with streams of fire hose water.

Oh well.

How about using violence to shut down those you disagree with? Is that radical or extremist?

That seems to be the American way. Selma, Iraq, Chile, all of the Indian wars because of Manifest Destiny. On and on and on and on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77