LA - Police officer's twins, 3, both dead in truck outside family home, Bossier City

Actually, it was Oliver, one of the twins that was hospitalized three weeks before this incident. Here is an article with photos of Oliver in the hospital. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ne-spent-week-hospital-near-fatal-injury.html
From comments I've read (rumor) Oliver was attacked by the family dog. The fact that the attack happened could have been a freak occurrence. The children dying locked in a truck also could be a freak occurrence. But both happening within weeks of each other, to me seems like more. My hope is that the welfare of the older child living in the home is being investigated. He needs to be in a safe environment, with someone who is looking out for him and his safety. RIP Oliver and Aria. I'm so sorry this happened to you.
Ah my apologies. I was under assumption it was elder boy. Plz forgive my mistake. Either way it was such a tragedy. Both incidents. Such a sad sad loss.
The parents and close family must besides themselves with grief. Such a series of events.
I do hope things get put into place for the family to continue to live in as much normality as they can. I really cant imagine the depth of grief they must be feeling

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I've been a single mom of 4 kids for 12 years. I have had to pay everyone who has watched my kids for me - including my family members. I have heard criticism over the state of my house over and over again. I hear criticism over my parenting skills and my kids' behavior. And I hear nobody offering me help, ever. It's unfortunately very possible that this woman had no one to call to ask for help.

As a mum of 4 too, I know how hard it can be. Keep your chin up, Im sure youre doing a fab job!!

Oliver is who was attacked by the family dog. He and his twin sister Aria are the ones who passed from the heat in the truck.
The family kept the dog after the attack. This is discussed by Police Spokesperson Mark Natalie in the KTBS broadcast of the press conference by the Bossier Police Dept.
News Radio 710 KEEL had article that the father did with People Magazine, that the children were buried in a private family ceremony Wednesday, June 22, 2016
He is on administrative leave from his job to deal with his grief

One of those things we will probably never know exactly what happened, but those angels are in Heaven, with no pain or sadness

Can't get the above link to open, but the snipped paragraph says it all......lack of supervision. I could never live with myself if my child were harmed or died due to my neglect or lack of supervision.

I'm not up to speed, has the mum said what she was doing and how long they were unattended for?

LE said the truck had not been driven that day. Mom was asleep, supposedly children got out of the house, got into the truck, closed the doors. She awoke to find front door open, children gone. She looked and then went to neighbors. They then found the children.Neighbor tried CPR on both children, to no avail. Dad was not at home.
There are no running boards on that truck. I cannot imagine how they could get up into the truck, then with the length/height of their bodies be able to reach out, grab the door & close it.

I think it's clear neglect to go to sleep while toddlers are running free and no other adult is available to watch them. This is no different than leaving the kids at home and going to the neighborhood bar.

A school coach forgot his daughter in his car and she died. He was promptly arrested. This in Louisianan too, out of Baton Rouge. Unable too copy an paste article, not sure why.

I'm not up to speed, has the mum said what she was doing and how long they were unattended for?
Napping. Don't know how long but reports state children had stiff jaws so I'm guessing a while.

I think it's clear neglect to go to sleep while toddlers are running free and no other adult is available to watch them. This is no different than leaving the kids at home and going to the neighborhood bar.

Agreed. But they probably won't charge her. If she was a poor single mother, maybe, but nice middle class cop's wife?

She should be charged. I would bet a lot of money the marriage over, so I hope there is someone responsible enough to care for the remaining child. Perhaps grandparents, or other family.

Agreed. But they probably won't charge her. If she was a poor single mother, maybe, but nice middle class cop's wife?

She should be charged. I would bet a lot of money the marriage over, so I hope there is someone responsible enough to care for the remaining child. Perhaps grandparents, or other family.

In Arkansas, they charged a judge in a hot car death. I would imagine they would also charge a middle class cop's wife. Is it different in Louisiana?

I think it's not a function of socioeconomic status as much as it is the attitude of the state's attorney in the particular jurisdiction. In cases where was clearly no intent to leave the child in the car, there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for why some people are charged and others aren't. In cases where people leave the child in the car deliberately, because they want to go shopping or bar-hopping or whatever, charges seem to be a lot more likely. Look at how many chances Shanesha Taylor was given — she was the very definition of poor single mother.

Napping. Don't know how long but reports state children had stiff jaws so I'm guessing a while.

Authorities said they thought the children had been in the vehicle for about 2 hours

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back