Found Deceased CT - Jason Czech, 39, Branford, 1 July 2016

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Branford Man Missing Since Leaving for Phish Concert on Friday
Jason+Czech+missing.JPG

Thirty-nine-year-old Jason Czech left home to go to a concert in Saratoga Springs, New York on Friday, July 1 and no one heard from his since Saturday, according to police.
http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/...-Leaving-for-Concert-on-Friday-385703671.html

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Was he meeting friends at that concert I wonder?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Missing Branford man’s phone last used in Meriden/Wallingford area
His sister Amy Czech said he was last heard from the night of July 1.

“It seems very out of character... He’s never disappeared before, he’s never missed work before, he’s very responsible,” she said. “He takes his job very seriously. At this point he has not been to work for two days, which is pretty unusual.”

On the morning of July 1 at about 8:30 a.m., he stopped by a liquor store on his way to work, which Amy Czech said would make sense if he was planning to head to New York for a long weekend. Family and friends believed he had planned to attend a Phish concert in Saratoga Springs, New York that night.
http://www.myrecordjournal.com/news...one-last-used-in-meridenwallingford-area.html

Oh no [emoji22] Terrible news.

"Police do not suspect foul play at this time."

Oh gosh. Suicide? OD? What could it be?

Oh no [emoji22] Terrible news.

"Police do not suspect foul play at this time."

Oh gosh. Suicide? OD? What could it be?

Hi Anon. I've been following this one too. So sad to hear this news. Can't think of what it would be if no foul play other than what you posted. My heart aches for his family. At least they can bring him home unlike so many of our missing. Small comfort I know.

This is sad! Maybe he had some medical condition? Or just a heart attack?
A friend of ours had one with 36 in the shower at home and was only found few days later.

I find it odd that he bailed on the concert at the last minute. Maybe he wasn't feeling right and opted to stay closer to home. I'm assuming he already bought tickets and maybe even had accommodations reserved for the night. It must have been *something* that kept him from going. Maybe I'm reading too much into it.

I find it odd that he bailed on the concert at the last minute. Maybe he wasn't feeling right and opted to stay closer to home. I'm assuming he already bought tickets and maybe even had accommodations reserved for the night. It must have been *something* that kept him from going. Maybe I'm reading too much into it.

Feeling the same why. You know he knew he changed his mind about going to the concert but didn't tell his girlfriend but told his friend. Why? Why didn't he tell his girlfriend he would be in town for the holiday weekend? Was he trying to catch her doing something by pretending he was going out of town. Was he really planning on going to the concert but got a bad feeling about leaving her, like a gut feeling he got? Why pick that bar to stop at?

Feeling the same why. You know he knew he changed his mind about going to the concert but didn't tell his girlfriend but told his friend. Why? Why didn't he tell his girlfriend he would be in town for the holiday weekend? Was he trying to catch her doing something by pretending he was going out of town. Was he really planning on going to the concert but got a bad feeling about leaving her, like a gut feeling he got? Why pick that bar to stop at?

Exactly! And great point about him not telling his girlfriend, I didn't catch that part.

I wonder where his car was found, they didn't say. Side of the road, parking lot, in someone's driveway? And how long after his trip to the bar did he pass? That night? The next day?

I'm not familiar with the area, how far away from the bar was he found?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

"She says they have him on camera and it seems like he may have been waiting for someone. She also says two concession workers at SPAC claim to have served beer to someone fitting his description. And, she got a report that someone who looks like Czech was seen Sunday in Rexford."

Well that's all over the place!

http://news10.com/2016/07/06/conn-man-goes-missing-while-heading-to-spac-for-concert/

I'm wondering if a cell phone could hold a charge from July 1st (last known contact) to when it pinged on July 4th if he wasn't charging it. Is that possible if it's not in use?

I'm not sure why this case stands out to me, but I'm terribly bothered by it ☹️

It looks like he was parked in a condo complex in a residential area. Still not sure how far that is in relation to the bar.

http://www.myrecordjournal.com/news...en-identified-as-missing-jason-czech.html#ath

It's about 20 miles from the bar to where he was found. The condo complex, while in a residential area, is probably less than a 1/2 mile from the highway. He likely would have been traveling that highway if he was planning to go home.

When you get off that exit on the southbound side of the highway, if you look to turn left, it looks like you will be driving into an area with nothing. Though once you go under and overpass and around the corner, there are some houses and if you keep following the road, you end up at one of the main roads in town.

If you are coming of the exit and go right, it's a residential street with a bunch of houses.

The condo complex he was found at is the first place you could pull over that wasn't the side of the road or someone's private driveway.

Based on the picture of his car, it looks like he was parked pretty near the entrance of the complex - there are some roads that take you pretty deep and far away from the road the complex is on.

This case is just so sad. I joined the FB page and so posts have been popping up on my feed. The photos of Jason are wonderful. He looks so happy. And the comments by friends and family are heartbreaking.

Is there any indication of what happened? IIRC police suggested no apparent foul play? I don't want to be indelicate but is the consensus either something accidental like alcohol poisoning or along those lines, or worse, self harm? Regardless, he seems like an amazing guy.

Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord, and may perpetual light shine upon him. May his soul, and all the souls of the faithfully departed, rest in peace. Amen.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back