MN - Philando Castile, 32, shot by police officer, 6 July 2016 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any government official that comments on this incidents before knowing the facts should be removed from their responsibilities.

This article/interview is from last Friday, June 8, 2016. Far more informative than the CNN version.

Roseville Police Chief Insists Officers Tried to Save Philando Castile's Life
KTSP ABC Eyewitness News
Beth McDonough
Updated: 07/08/2016 7:20 PM
Created: 07/08/2016 6:45 PM

http://kstp.com/news/officers-philando-castile-aid/4194106/

“New information has surfaced about the emergency response to the fatal shooting of Philando Castile on Wednesday evening.

The shooting happened on the border of Falcon Heights and Roseville. The Roseville Police Department is closest to the scene, and the agencies help each other on calls. At the time of the shooting, several officers were just a mile away.

Roseville officers were the first to arrive at the scene, in less than two minutes. Officers are first responders and go through first-aid training every two years.”

“An officer drove Reynolds and her 4-year-old daughter to Roseville's Police Department at 10 p.m., arriving 11 minutes later.

The police chief says investigators from the Bureau of Criminal Apprehension needed to question Reynolds.

Initially, both she and her daughter were put in the same room, known as a soft interview room, with toys, games and drawing boards.

When agents needed to question Reynolds alone, the police chief says they took her to another room two doors down within eyesight and earshot of her daughter.

The police chief felt it was important to share this information, given what happened and how long Reynolds was detained. Video and audio were recorded in both rooms; they're date- and time-stamped and now in the hands of the BCA.
”​

More.

According to the teams websight the Saturday nights game was a home game against Dallas. The Tuesday night game was an away game against San Antonio.
I understand the officers feelings in this, but I do think they were wrong to walk off. Thier job that night was security at the event, not just the team.
I also feel it was in very poor judgement for the girls to choose a game against Dallas to start wearing the shirts.
I think the girls need to realize not everyone is going to interpret the shirt the same way.
Just because they held a news conference about the shirts don't mean any of the officers knew about it before showing for thier duty.
I do wonder if thier was any dialogue from either side trying to resolve this before the game.
I personally do not thing LE should be providing security at any sporting events, unless they are off the clock, being paid by the teams, arena, etc.
Professional/college sports are money making machines, and tax payers should not be footing the bill.
Sorry, big off topic.

Shutting down the freeway again? Way to call NEGATIVE attention to your cause...this after the last time they did it there was an emergency...but hey, nothing matters but their cause, screw the rest of the city...

Black Lives Matter and the rest of us can just go to heck...

These are not those times but folks do like to link them...I wonder, during those marches did the protesters throw crap at the cops, drop cement blocks on them? And who exactly is your equivalent of MLK because I am not seeing it.

This is the result of the out of control protesters, the threats and outright murder of cops. Cops have the right to turn down these gigs and if they do looks like a whole lot of private security firms are going to get jobs.

The racism is going both ways these days...but that cannot be said at all, very politically incorrect but true...

Racism is a system by those in power. Blacks can be prejudiced but they do not have the systemic racist ability.

I am bringing up MLK because people think those times were sweetness and light. They were horrors. The blacks did not attack police . The blacks were attacked by the police. That is until the Panthers decided to get weapons to protect themselves and Reagan signed the law to forbid "assault" rifles.

Shutting down the freeway again? Way to call NEGATIVE attention to your cause...this after the last time they did it there was an emergency...but hey, nothing matters but their cause, screw the rest of the city...

Black Lives Matter and the rest of us can just go to heck...

The modern day version of the garbage workers strike and the refusing of using buses?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memphis_Sanitation_Strike

You can parse your definitions all you want, until blacks own up to some responsibility for their own situation nothing will change. Victimhood is not the road to change.

So then we shouldnt be having all these protests just trot out the Panthers with their guns again. That's nice to know.

You can parse your definitions all you want, until blacks own up to some responsibility for their own situation nothing will change. Victimhood is not the road to change.

So then we shouldnt be having all these protests just trot out the Panthers with their guns again. That's nice to know.

You may wish to read about the sniper attacks on the blacks re the bus issue in Montgomery

http://www.history.com/topics/black-history/montgomery-bus-boycott

I was referring to the question posed if blacks were violent towards police during segregation . The historical answer is about what the Panthers decided to do and what happened re the killing and maiming of blacks during that era.

This is not the civil rights movement, things have definitely changed, that has already been shown further up in the thread.

Part of the reasons why these things are happening have to do with the high crime rate in black neighborhoods, the elephant in the room that BLM does not want to address. Oh sure they state they want more money dumped there, but guess what, there are whole sections of the country that have similar problems without the crime rate. The economy for EVERYONE is not as advertised, jobs should be everyone's number one issue for ALL. But no, lets concentrate on these people to the exclusion of the country.

The reason why blacks are profiled is because of the rates of crime. The two are connected...

Can someone explain something to me? If Ms. Reynolds had her hands up and was not allowed to move, how did she start filming with her camera? I am not cell phone savvy at al,l so it seems to me that it would be difficult, at best, for her to start filming after he was shot. And then to focus on him? How was that possible if the officer had a gun out?

Bump. Does anyone know?

This is not the civil rights movement, things have definitely changed, that has already been shown further up in the thread.

Part of the reasons why these things are happening have to do with the high crime rate in black neighborhoods, the elephant in the room that BLM does not want to address. Oh sure they state they want more money dumped there, but guess what, there are whole sections of the country that have similar problems without the crime rate. The economy for EVERYONE is not as advertised, jobs should be everyone's number one issue for ALL. But no, lets concentrate on these people to the exclusion of the country.

The reason why blacks are profiled is because of the rates of crime. The two are connected...

Rates of crime are also connected to lack of jobs.

As for why the t shirts are offensive

insider.foxnews.com/2016/07/12/chicago-blm-activist-we-need-abolish-police

They want to abolish the police. I find that to be an extremely dangerous statement and as a cop beyond offensive particularly in the current climate.

Hm. In the article I posted about change, one of the things was when a family put their child in an exclusive preschool and how 500 people showed up at a meeting to protest that the preschooler was allowed to attend.

Luckily white areas get to save money because they have no crime, hence no police needed.

White crime, though, is usually more creative and nets far more money. Bernie Madoff, embezzlement, lots of different Ponzi schemes, foreclosures and bankruptcies as a tool to get rid of debt and start a business under a new name ( well, that is legal so don't count that one), hiring undocumented workers for little pay and having them work in dangerous situations, securites fraud such as making companies for gold mines that are fake, child *advertiser censored* and prostitutuin ( remember the Mayflower Madame and Heidi Fleiss), hiding assets in offshore accounts. I guess blacks have to get more creative with crime.

As for why the t shirts are offensive

insider.foxnews.com/2016/07/12/chicago-blm-activist-we-need-abolish-police

They want to abolish the police. I find that to be an extremely dangerous statement and as a cop beyond offensive particularly in the current climate.

The Lynx want to abolish police?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members