MN - Philando Castile, 32, shot by police officer, 6 July 2016 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Castile is going out in style. Funeral at the Cathedral. Horse drawn carriage. Governor Dayton attending.

Yes it is nice to see the positive moves law enforcement is trying to make to make our communities safer.
Wouldn't it be nice to see the side doing the same thing? Something as simple as waiting for an investigation to conclude before doing media rounds stirring up people.
We have seen many times where out of control protests have caused so many problems going as far as burning down parts of cities. Then when the evidence comes out the law enforcement officers are found not guilty. Yet the damage is already done. These officers are cleared not just on the local level, but by the DOJ.
It is such a simple thing to wait before things happen that can never be undone.
IMO, if a person or organization believes there is not a proper investigation going on there are pressures that can be put on the agency to do a proper investigation without inciting what we have seen. They just need to make sure they have the facts first, and not do it because of anyone wanting to stir trouble.
The problem will never be solved until both sides are willing to come together and work to better communities.

Other side? BLM asks for peaceful protests. Alton Sterling's son asks for peaceful protests. There are those that love violence such as people like Timothy McVeigh. Does he speak for white Americans? Did the Malheur protestors speak for white Americans?

Do the people that burn and overturn cars speak for all sport's fans?

People see things in different ways, For instance, the shooting of 12 year old Tamir Rice was said to be no problem.

I am sure people have seen the same videos where a white man brandishes a weapon in front of LE and NOTHING happens.

Have people seen the video of the black Republican Congressman talking about his experiences?

Why do people think police forces all over the US are looking at ways to deal with these issues?

Inside Obama’s radical experiment in national reconciliation

Rashad Robinson, a black political activist, had Pittsburgh's police chief, Cameron McLay, on one side of him and Anaheim, Calif., Mayor Tom Tait on the other. Fraternal Order of Police Executive Director James O. Pasco was placed between NAACP President Cornell Brooks and Harvard University economics professor Roland Fryer, who just published an analysis on racial disparities in aspects of law enforcement.

It was diversity “by design,” as Obama later told reporters, an unorthodox, four-hour experiment in policymaking through the kind of emotional exchanges that are more often associated with therapeutic encounter sessions than bureaucratic seminars. And according to interviews with about a third of those who participated, it worked.

Much more...

Perhaps unarmed, white Americans are more likely to comply with police commands than unarmed black Americans?

Victim blaming at it’s finest.

What is the effect of weed calming or aggression? Is driving while under the influence of weed considered DUI in Minnesota? Is a gun whether permitted or not safe in the hands of someone deemed under the influence in Minnesota?

Did the autopsy on PC reveal he was under the influence of weed at the time he was driving and shot? Kindly confirm if you introducing speculation or fact.

No safer way as this is one of the major ways LE dies? No concerns about that? Too bad? They signed up for the job so if they die, that's the way it is?

The LE deaths are on the perps who pull the triggers not on the action itself. How bout finding ways for perps not to be perps...

For some reason my post is not responding to the right post. I am responding to human's post 723
You missed my point. Law enforcement is going into community to make them better other than patrolling. I have not read anything showing BLM going into communities and working on making things better other than doing protests. Isn't there other ways they can work within the communities that may work better than just protesting?
It takes both sides to find better ways to work on a problem.

Other side? BLM asks for peaceful protests. Alton Sterling's son asks for peaceful protests. There are those that love violence such as people like Timothy McVeigh. Does he speak for white Americans? Did the Malheur protestors speak for white Americans?

Do the people that burn and overturn cars speak for all sport's fans?

People see things in different ways, For instance, the shooting of 12 year old Tamir Rice was said to be no problem.

I am sure people have seen the same videos where a white man brandishes a weapon in front of LE and NOTHING happens.

Have people seen the video of the black Republican Congressman talking about his experiences?

Why do people think police forces all over the US are looking at ways to deal with these issues?

Dont know that there were any protests for Mcveigh...because most white people don't protest for mass killers.

For some reason my post is not responding to the right post. I am responding to human's post 723
You missed my point. Law enforcement is going into community to make them better other than patrolling. I have not read anything showing BLM going into communities and working on making things better other than doing protests. Isn't there other ways they can work within the communities that may work better than just protesting?
It takes both sides to find better ways to work on a problem.

Here is info on BLM. http://blacklivesmatter.com/11-major-misconceptions-about-the-black-lives-matter-movement/

They are not the only group in the US. I suppose I could do a google search including schools that were started that are highly successful as well as the contributions of Muhammad Ali, George Foreman.

Castile is going out in style. Funeral at the Cathedral. Horse drawn carriage. Governor Dayton attending.

I doubt that his family cares about him going out in style.
They just want him back.
My opinion, though.

Dont know that there were any protests for Mcveigh...because most white people don't protest for mass killers.

Not talking about protests. Talking about people who do violence. Why do some who cause damage in the black community become the example whereas white people such as McVeigh are representative of only a small group of violent whites?

The LE deaths are on the perps who pull the triggers not on the action itself. How bout finding ways for perps not to be perps...

By the same token, imo, a bad shoot by a LEO is on the LEO. Looking forward to the day when finding ways for bad cops to not be bad cops is a reality. It has to be acknowledged first - a hurdle in itself right now.

I think you are doing a great job btw in teaching us how some LEO's see things in this day and age. If in fact you are a LEO. Either way on your profession - thank-you.

Adding to my above post. It is debatable if some BLM leaders promote violence or not, but going with the belief that they are saying all protests should be non violent It isn't working. Many times we are seeing violent groups joining in the protests. I think some responsibility needs to go back on the organizers when there is a history of violent groups joining them. I don't have the solution and I believe in thier right to peacefully protest. I just think when a group knows there is a good chance thier protests will bring violence and destruction it might be time to find another way to get bring awareness to thier cause.

Not talking about protests. Talking about people who do violence. Why do some who cause damage in the black community become the example whereas white people such as McVeigh are representative of only a small group of violent whites?

Go back to the stats...it really is that simple.

Adding to my above post. It is debatable if some BLM leaders promote violence or not, but going with the belief that they are saying all protests should be non violent It isn't working. Many times we are seeing violent groups joining in the protests. I think some responsibility needs to go back on the organizers when there is a history of violent groups joining them. I don't have the solution and I believe in thier right to peacefully protest. I just think when a group knows there is a good chance thier protests will bring violence and destruction it might be time to find another way to get bring awareness to thier cause.

Should sporting events be shut down because some people choose to burn down cars? How about should marathons be shut down because tons of trash are left along the route and people defecate and pee in people's yards?

https://mic.com/articles/116680/11-...-reactions-to-riots-like-baltimore#.wE9U8BdNX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooreknowledge