MN - Philando Castile, 32, shot by police officer, 6 July 2016 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Black Lives Matter intends to shut down Rosedale Mall on Sunday. Guess I'm having difficulty understanding this because Rosedale Mall is located in Roseville. Castile was shot in Falcon Heights by St. Anthony police. Roseville is not a black neighborhood, per se.

http://www.twincities.com/2016/07/1...do-castile-police-shooting-roseville-st-paul/

Protesters thus far have shut down I-94 in St. Paul, have shut down I-35 in Minneapolis, have shut down Summit Ave in front of the Governor's Mansion. Why aren't they protesting at the state capital? Disrupting daily lives of Twin Cities citizens is not endearing them to a cause.

Undoubtedly, after Rosedale, the next stop will be the Minnesota State Fair, which actually is held in Falcon Heights.

And, on another note, the class that the officer who shot Castile took is not exactly getting a favorable mention.

"The Bulletproof Warrior. Street Survival. These evocatively-named classes were among the training electives taken by the officer involved in the Falcon Heights shooting last week.

A Twin Cities man who took one of the classes said he was greatly disturbed by what he saw — an instructor goading law enforcement students to not hesitate to shoot, and assuring them they’d be legally covered if they did. A promotional video for the other urged officers to visualize killing someone, to get “back in the game,” or get killed."

http://www.twincities.com/2016/07/1...ing-for-officer-in-philando-castile-shooting/

These shut downs are like the civil rights days and the Vietnam war days, I attended the main u and the csmpis eas shut diwn the entire soring quarter of was it 71?

Continuing to shove your movement into people's faces while interrupting their lives through dangerous and messy and sometimes illegal protests is not winning people to your cause. You can justify it however you want but if your stated purpose is to convince people of the righteousness of that cause it is failing. So what IS the point since that is clearly not working? One does wonder...

Imo, those elective LE 'training' classes are most disturbing.

A Twin Cities man who took one of the classes said he was greatly disturbed by what he saw — an instructor goading law enforcement students to not hesitate to shoot, and assuring them they’d be legally covered if they did. A promotional video for the other urged officers to visualize killing someone, to get “back in the game,” or get killed.
Then he took Bulletproof Warrior — the course attended by Yanez — which Czech said “was a slow drip of the same message. … The message that darn near anything could represent in the right conditions a threat that the officer could reasonably articulate.”

http://www.twincities.com/2016/07/1...ing-for-officer-in-philando-castile-shooting/

Seems to me that such training was the vision of one person or one small group of people that then rammed this down the throats of others as the right thing to do. Pitiful how such a large group could be led along like that. Here's hoping the end of that is here.

Continuing to shove your movement into people's faces while interrupting their lives through dangerous and messy and sometimes illegal protests is not winning people to your cause. You can justify it however you want but if your stated purpose is to convince people of the righteousness of that cause it is failing. So what IS the point since that is clearly not working? One does wonder...

Oh please, study history. It disproves everything you say.

[video=youtube;Zd3hih00AwE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd3hih00AwE[/video]

Time to stop treating them with kid gloves and shut them down before they get started when their sole purpose is to disrupt businesses and the lives of others. One of these days someone whose life they affect for no reason is going to snap. Then watch out.

Oh please, study history. It disproves everything you say.

[video=youtube;Zd3hih00AwE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd3hih00AwE[/video]

Those sit-ins were totally justified and everyone understood why they were being held. (Heartwarming clip, BTW) They were also completely peaceful, unlike the antics of BLM. In the case of this shooting, no one knows yet exactly what transpired.

Imo, those elective LE 'training' classes are most disturbing.

A Twin Cities man who took one of the classes said he was greatly disturbed by what he saw — an instructor goading law enforcement students to not hesitate to shoot, and assuring them they’d be legally covered if they did. A promotional video for the other urged officers to visualize killing someone, to get “back in the game,” or get killed.
Then he took Bulletproof Warrior — the course attended by Yanez — which Czech said “was a slow drip of the same message. … The message that darn near anything could represent in the right conditions a threat that the officer could reasonably articulate.”

Seems to me that such training was the vision of one person or one small group of people that then rammed this down the throats of others as the right thing to do. Pitiful how such a large group could be led along like that. Here's hoping the end of that is here.
It seems to me this "warrior" mentality talked about in the article and in the video is very similar to what Gliniewicz was teaching to those young Boy Scouts. There is a lot of undoing to do, imo.

Time to stop treating them with kid gloves and shut them down before they get started when their sole purpose is to disrupt businesses and the lives of others. One of these days someone whose life they affect for no reason is going to snap. Then watch out.

UBM - seems to me that is exactly what is happening now - possibly on the flip side of your coin though.

On the shooting - we know what didn't transpire. A gun was not pulled on the officer and that officers life was in no way threatened by PC or anyone in the vehicle with him.

It seems to me this "warrior" mentality talked about in the article and in the video is very similar to what Gliniewicz was teaching to those young Boy Scouts. There is a lot of undoing to do, imo.

UBM - I've never been a religious person, but the underlined portion gets an amen from me!

UBM - seems to me that is exactly what is happening now - possibly on the flip side of your coin though.

On the shooting - we know what didn't transpire. A gun was not pulled on the officer and that officers life was in no way threatened by PC or anyone in the vehicle with him.

There was a gun in the car and PC did not stop reaching for what I assume was his driver's license, when instructed 'Don't reach for anything' The cop pulled over a possible robbery suspect who had a gun in the car and was reaching for something. I don't agree that equals 'no way threatening'.

Question. If when PC was pulled over, he:
1-matched the description of a robbery suspect in the area
2-was obviously under the influence of something while operating a motor vehicle with a child in the backseat
3-mumbled something incoherent (because of being under the influence) while reaching toward a gun

Would the officer still be in the wrong for shooting? IMO, he wouldn't.

There was a gun in the car and PC did not stop reaching for what I assume was his driver's license, when instructed 'Don't reach for anything' The cop pulled over a possible robbery suspect who had a gun in the car and was reaching for something. I don't agree that equals 'no way threatening'.

The cop had no business approaching the vehicle of a 'possible robbery suspect' in the manner he did. Total f*up and a decent man is dead - ripped from his loved ones forever and too soon.

It's not OK.

These shut downs are like the civil rights days and the Vietnam war days, I attended the main u and the csmpis eas shut diwn the entire soring quarter of was it 71?

And these shut downs are working. Not a lot - progress is slow but at least people are talking to each other. If this is what it takes so be it.

Shutting them down only works for awhile and never gets results. You can't oppress people and expect them to shut up and take it.

Those sit-ins were totally justified and everyone understood why they were being held. (Heartwarming clip, BTW) They were also completely peaceful, unlike the antics of BLM. In the case of this shooting, no one knows yet exactly what transpired.

And in 50 years from now, these Interstate Highway sit-ins will be looked back on as totally justified and everyone will understand that it was what stopped the police from racially profiling and killing innocent black people. Those 1960s protests were just for the right of black people to be able to sit at a lunch counter and be served. The BLM protests are just for the right of black people to be able to live without the police killing them. I would say the current protests are about one billion times more important then the 1960s protests.

If you don’t like your commute being messed up by BLM protesters blocking the Interstate, then the best way to resolve it, is to convince LE to stop killing innocent black people.

What??? Whaf????!!!! You must have missed the beatings. And of course the lynchings and the dogs and the water hoses and the batons and the fire bombings and and and. Peaceful? I am speechless

What??? Whaf????!!!! You must have missed the beatings. And of course the lynchings and the dogs and the water hoses and the batons and the fire bombings and and and. Peaceful? I am speechless

And the assassinations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member