MN - Philando Castile, 32, shot by police officer, 6 July 2016 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.startribune.com/blm-st-p...e-shopping-center-sunday-afternoon/386891321/

A 'Day of Rage' yep that's gonna help a whole lot...dont even listen to the Urban League's advice.

Police are shot and this movement's answer has been to ratchet up their rage...while even more cops are shot.

You can think you are 'writing history' but you have no freaking idea how this will be viewed 'in the future'...for now, these protests are NOT changing people's minds in the way you want them to. They are NOT bringing people to see 'your side' in a positive light at all.

What??? Whaf????!!!! You must have missed the beatings. And of course the lynchings and the dogs and the water hoses and the batons and the fire bombings and and and. Peaceful? I am speechless

Go watch the clip that was posted---which is what I responded to. Then come back and tell me where to dogs, water hoses, batons and fire bombing were that black people were using to get the right to sit at THAT lunch counter. I missed that in the clip.

http://www.startribune.com/blm-st-p...e-shopping-center-sunday-afternoon/386891321/

A 'Day of Rage' yep that's gonna help a whole lot...dont even listen to the Urban League's advice.

Police are shot and this movement's answer has been to ratchet up their rage...while even more cops are shot.

You can think you are 'writing history' but you have no freaking idea how this will be viewed 'in the future'...for now, these protests are NOT changing people's minds in the way you want them to. They are NOT bringing people to see 'your side' in a positive light at all.

Police are hardly the only ones that get shot. <modsnip>
Oh my, fwiw imo, your idealism is unlikely to be writing future history - it's so last century - or how people will view the current situation in the future. Hang on to that thought/idealism though if you want or need to - just don't be disappointed if things don't work out.

The 'other side' is very much front and center - and I could not be happier. How does it feel to possibly be a minority? Chuckles as I like the anger that is being expressed from well, you know .... It's time.

Canada needs to bring our less than stellar thinking up to date soon - we always follow 'you guys'. Can't wait.

Go watch the clip that was posted---which is what I responded to. Then come back and tell me where to dogs, water hoses, batons and fire bombing were that black people were using to get the right to sit at THAT lunch counter. I missed that in the clip.

What is in the clip is over but a lesson that needs to be remembered - jmo. It's 2016 with little change. Do you have anything to offer to improve the situation? That is what people are asking for - people of all color and races.

and in 50 years from now, these interstate highway sit-ins will be looked back on as totally justified and everyone will understand that it was what stopped the police from racially profiling and killing innocent black people. Those 1960s protests were just for the right of black people to be able to sit at a lunch counter and be served. The blm protests are just for the right of black people to be able to live without the police killing them. I would say the current protests are about one billion times more important then the 1960s protests.

If you don&#8217;t like your commute being messed up by blm protesters blocking the interstate, then the best way to resolve it, is to convince le to stop killing innocent black people.

i <3 this entire post !!!!!!! Xoxoxo!!!!!

The sit ins were part of a larger movement which included violence like this. They didn't take place in a vacuum.

56769e6c46e7f0b30e2016ca36ef2426.jpg

2013_08dogs.jpg

img_0033.jpg

509px-Harlem_riots_-_1964.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/56/76/9e/56769e6c46e7f0b30e2016ca36ef2426.jpg
http://www.churchmarketingsucks.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/2013_08dogs.jpg
https://letthejourneybeyours.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/img_0033.jpg
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipe...iots_-_1964.jpg/509px-Harlem_riots_-_1964.jpg

The cop had no business approaching the vehicle of a 'possible robbery suspect' in the manner he did. Total f*up and a decent man is dead - ripped from his loved ones forever and too soon.

It's not OK.

What exact reason did the officer give for not doing a felony stop?

St. Anthony cancels parade. What's missing here? St. Anthony provides police protection to Falcon Heights, yet cannot provide police protection for its own parade?

" On Thursday, city officials said the Aug. 5 parade is canceled because due to recent events, the city is unable to provide adequate police, fire, and public resources necessary for the event of its size."

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2016/07/15/st-anthony-cancels-villagefest-parade/

What is in the clip is over but a lesson that needs to be remembered - jmo. It's 2016 with little change. Do you have anything to offer to improve the situation? That is what people are asking for - people of all color and races.

What those 4 young men did at that lunch counter was peaceful, effective, and helped to bring about change. I'm not about to offer my suggestions on how to improve the situation when there are people stating that PC was shot because he had a lot of traffic citations or when people are so positive, before they know all the facts of what exactly happened during that traffic stop, that the cop was racist and shot PC because he was black. Too many people set in how they think and are not open to any other views.

What exact reason did the officer give for not doing a felony stop?

Not sure I get the question? The cop conducted a felony stop or a non-felony stop? The cop needs to answer that at some point. He thought he was pulling over a possible robbery suspect as reported to his dispatch or someone with a broken tail light? The broken tail light seems to be answered here - maybe you can find that?

This or any other officer can do all the felony stops they want as far as I know - there is a procedure in place that needs to be followed and is spelled out quite clearly. It's posted here. Maybe we can discuss it if you read it? Fwiw, P/A isn't my thing.

St. Anthony cancels parade. What's missing here? St. Anthony provides police protection to Falcon Heights, yet cannot provide police protection for its own parade?

" On Thursday, city officials said the Aug. 5 parade is canceled because due to recent events, the city is unable to provide adequate police, fire, and public resources necessary for the event of its size."

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2016/07/15/st-anthony-cancels-villagefest-parade/

Don't fuel the fire? Don't put officers in danger?

What those 4 young men did at that lunch counter was peaceful, effective, and helped to bring about change. I'm not about to offer my suggestions on how to improve the situation when there are people stating that PC was shot because he had a lot of traffic citations or when people are so positive, before they know all the facts of what exactly happened during that traffic stop, that the cop was racist and shot PC because he was black. Too many people set in how they think and are not open to any other views.

:goodpost:

UBM

Seriously agree.

Don't fuel the fire? Don't put officers in danger?

I wonder how large that parade is expected to be. Maybe under normal circumstances they would have the resources to cover it but now they need extra officers and protections they can't supply.

Not sure I get the question? The cop conducted a felony stop or a non-felony stop? The cop needs to answer that at some point. He thought he was pulling over a possible robbery suspect as reported to his dispatch or someone with a broken tail light? The broken tail light seems to be answered here - maybe you can find that?

This or any other officer can do all the felony stops they want as far as I know - there is a procedure in place that needs to be followed and is spelled out quite clearly. It's posted here. Maybe we can discuss it if you read it? Fwiw, P/A isn't my thing.

Sorry, we have talked about this before a few times on this thread, I assumed you had seen those posts, my bad.

Are you claiming that the officer did not do a felony stop? Are you claiming that he should have?

I'm not sure what you mean by P/A ?

I didn't say that they did. Don't put words in my mouth.

I didn't. I'm just trying to illustrate how that one sit in may have been peaceful and filled with good feelings but it wouldn't have happened without the other events that occurred during the same movement. Isolating one event and holding it up as an example is disingenuous.

BBM Maybe your answer is here?

&#8220;A felony stop is a stop where you know for sure that there could be guns or weapons involved,&#8221; Masson said, &#8220;and this person could have just committed a heinous crime.&#8221;

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2016/07/13/st-anthony-police-training/

Police are hardly the only ones that get shot. Get a grip - possibly outside TOS but jmo.

Oh my, fwiw imo, your idealism is unlikely to be writing future history - it's so last century - or how people will view the current situation in the future. Hang on to that thought/idealism though if you want or need to - just don't be disappointed if things don't work out.

The 'other side' is very much front and center - and I could not be happier. How does it feel to possibly be a minority? Chuckles as I like the anger that is being expressed from well, you know .... It's time.

Canada needs to bring our less than stellar thinking up to date soon - we always follow 'you guys'. Can't wait.

<modsnip>

My statement is about a 'Day of Rage' planned for tomorrow. That is all it encompasses. Nothing more. Nothing less.

BBM Maybe your answer is here?

&#8220;A felony stop is a stop where you know for sure that there could be guns or weapons involved,&#8221; Masson said, &#8220;and this person could have just committed a heinous crime.&#8221;

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2016/07/13/st-anthony-police-training/

Hey, I have no problem the cop wanted to check out PC as a possible robbery suspect. Please let than sink in.

The cop approached the situation wrong, wrong, wrong. You don't 'walk' into that situation alone as a cop. He did. He then saw a weapon and did not wait long enough to hear it was legal. A bad choice that cost a decent man his life.

To repeat - it ain't OK. So if you can't drive to a mall afterwards without a lot of protesters in your way - don't blame the protesters. Jmo.

Suspect the situation in the US will only get worse before it gets better. Sad and unnecessary. That group hug from coast to cost would be awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam