TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #33

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
attachment.php

"A fitness trainer and mother of three was murdered in a Dallas-area church Monday morning by a man wearing SWAT gear, police said."

"Boot camp-style exercise class participants who showed up at the Creekside Church of Christ in Midlothian, Tex., around 5 a.m. found their instructor Terri “Missy” Bevers, 45, dead, according to the Midlothian Police Department."

"Fitness trainer Terri (Missy) Bevers, 45, was killed early Monday just before her boot-camp style class, police said. Participants in the Camp Gladiator class found her dead when they arrived to a Midlothian, Tex., church for the workout."

"Police Chief Carl Smith said a man wearing what looked like a tactical helmet, gloves and a heavy vest with "POLICE" written on it could be seen in security camera footage from the E. U.S. Highway 287 church just before Bevers arrived. The department released the 4 a.m. footage Monday afternoon, though Smith said no cameras captured the attack."

MEDIA & TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

LE Update/Presser on April 22, 2016

Link to Midlothian Police Department facebook page
Images (still and video) from the church featuring the perp can be seen here.

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13
Thread #14
Thread #15
Thread #16
Thread #17
Thread #18
Thread #19
Thread #20
Thread #21
Thread #22
Thread #23
Thread #24
Thread #25
Thread #26
Thread #27
Thread #28
Thread #29
Thread #30
Thread #31
Thread #32

CERTAIN BEHAVIORS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED!!!

Dear Websleuths Members,

We are going to apply common sense to the Missy Bever's discussion.

You all have really done some amazing sleuthing in the Bever's case. Thank you for putting forth the effort to bring us interesting and helpful posts.

From now on if a member disrupts the thread in any way they will be timed out or banned.

Disrupting the thread could be anything from hitting the alert button over and over on posts that do not violate our TOS, to trying to disrupt members who are discussing a scenario that you disagree with, to arguing over something so minor that it makes me want to rip my eyeballs out of my head in frustration.

Here is an example: No more arguments over "shards of glass" VS "broken glass" LE referenced.

No outright accusations against specific individuals but very general broad speculation or theorizing will be allowed.

The last word from LE was a long time ago and was that none of the persons listed in the search warrants that have been released are suspects "at this time"

We all know that is
doublespeak for we are not willing to name any of them POI or suspect RIGHT NOW.

So a general speculation of "I still find the husband's statements odd, his demeanor off. Something is not right there" are fine. While statements like "BB did it, I mean come on, his wife was sleeping around and it's almost always the husband or boyfriend" are over the line.

"I think this was motivated by jealousy by someone Missy knew, someone who felt threatened by her, someone with low self-esteem" would be okay while "it was that one woman [whatever her initials are] married to one teacher [insert initials]" would be over the line.

This should be easy to understand.

We want a lively and interesting discussion, however, we will not allow the Bever's discussion to get out of hand.

Thanks to
tlcya and beach for their contributions to this post and for their continued hard work in moderating the Bever's thread.

Tricia

Search Warrants

dry cleaner warrant - redacted
LinkedIn warrant 5-5-16
AT&T Tower warrant 5-5-16
Search warrant

Missy entering through the doors in the SW corner has really thrown me for a loop. Part of the reason that I assumed MB entered through the western doors was because her movements in the building would have been very clear. Her movements would have also been very consistent with a routine. However, now that we know MB entered through the SW doors I am left with many questions:

1) What was MB doing in the building?
2) Where was she heading?
3) Was this part of her normal routine? Rain or shine?

If she was heading to get ice or water in the kitchen, why did SP not attack her there? (S)he would have known the attack would have been off camera. At this point, I definitely have more questions than answers.

Also, the only scenario that that lines up with LE's statements is what SteveS previously outlined. Did MB enter the auditorium or room #2 on her own accord? If so, why? If not, she must have been pulled into that space, I think. That would lead me to believe that SP must have been an extremely strong individual.

Given that MB entered through the SW doors and I believe that this was a targeted hit, who knew her exact routine? IMO, MB's routine is not abundantly obvious... I cannot even imagine it myself. This is someone who knew exactly where MB would be and at what time. I am relooking at those who have superior knowledge of the church or of CG.

For those of you who asked, one of the SWs or official pressers from LE stated that MB arrived at 4:16 and "immediately" entered the church. I quickly tried to find the exact language, but I could not locate it. I am 100% confident that LE said that MB immediately entered the church. I read that language after a poster had linked to a MSM article stating that MB was in the process of unloading her car so the word "immediately" caught my attention. If no one finds it before then, I will locate it this evening.

ETA - I don't think that the cameras inside would have been able to capture MB's headlights. The cameras were not even sensitive enough to capture a walking person in their field of view. How does LE know exactly what time MB arrived?

ETA - I don't think that the cameras inside would have been able to capture MB's headlights. The cameras were not even sensitive enough to capture a walking person in their field of view. How does LE know exactly what time MB arrived?

I'm not sure the cameras would be activated by outside lights but if the cameras were already active due to motion inside, they may show headlights outside or reflecting off walls.

I found where LE mentions that MB immediately entered the church. In the April 22 press conference, Chief Kevin Johnson mentions MB's movements.

Midlothian PD Asst, Chief Kevin Johnson states:

"Here is what we know right now. The suspect arrived at the church first and forced entry into the location. Missy arrived a few minutes later. Excuse me, first time surveillance captured uh the suspect on video was about 10 minutes before 4am. Miss Bevers arrived at about 4:16 in the parking lot and entered the church immediately. A few minutes later she was inside the church, not realizing the intruder was already inside. Shortly thereafter she was murdered inside of the church."

https://www.youtube.com/embed/dFyae4KYe74 (Relevant video/audio is minute 1:16 to 1:45)

By the time MB finished parking, it sounds like SP was already waiting for her. If SP was in position, the interior cameras would havely likely turned off due to their time limitations.

Everyone here has or may have a scenario
1) SP
2) SP and look.out
3) SP and one who did actual killing
4) hired killing
5) Family
6) church involvement
7) B/E
8) gun runners
9) illegal steroid distribution
10) jealous wife
11) jilted lover
12) gamer

I am going back and starting at thread no 1. It is amazing how most of these ideas ...even 2 perps...was thought of even in that very first thread.

Escape route, vehicle or mode is interesting but please know that seeing something from Google Earth and looking down on it is much different that looking straight on at it from ground level. I highly doubt that SP left by foot knowing the areas in which he would have to walk. Yes SP could have crossed the highway but that would be very risky especially in the dark.

We we also have a very small window of time for SP to escape unnoticed ...17 minutes. 17 minutes to end a life clean up a little exit the building without being seen and leave the property

We all won't agree and that's ok. But it gets all of us thinking. I keep thinking about B/E scenario and haven't gotten one to work yet, but I haven't closed my mind to it. And although LE has said MB came in SW doors and moved toward SPs last location I am with GA peach that unless she's going to get something from kitchen why was she walking that way.

I found where LE mentions that MB immediately entered the church. In the April 22 press conference, Chief Kevin Johnson mentions MB's movements.

"Here is what we know right now. The suspect arrived at the church first and forced entry into the location. Missy arrived a few minutes later. Excuse me, first time surveillance captured uh the suspect on video was about 10 minutes before 4am. Miss Bevers arrived at about 4:16 in the parking lot and entered the church immediately.
A few minutes later she was inside the church, not realizing the intruder was already inside. Shortly thereafter she was murdered inside of the church."

https://www.youtube.com/embed/dFyae4KYe74 (Relevant video/audio is minute 1:16 to 1:45)

So either (1) she was captured on an outside camera or (2) the truck lights some how triggered an inside camera. Right? I'm noticing they say "she arrived in the parking lot", which is pretty specific.

What if SP had broken everything to look like a B/E but actually had a key?

Missy entering through the doors in the SW corner has really thrown me for a loop. Part of the reason that I assumed MB entered through the western doors was because her movements in the building would have been very clear. Her movements would have also been very consistent with a routine. However, now that we know MB entered through the SW doors I am left with many questions:

1) What was MB doing in the building?
2) Where was she heading?
3) Was this part of her normal routine? Rain or shine?

If she was heading to get ice or water in the kitchen, why did SP not attack her there? (S)he would have known the attack would have been off camera. At this point, I definitely have more questions than answers.

Also, the only scenario that that lines up with LE's statements is what SteveS previously outlined. Did MB enter the auditorium or room #2 on her own accord? If so, why? If not, she must have been pulled into that space, I think. That would lead me to believe that SP must have been an extremely strong individual.

Given that MB entered through the SW doors and I believe that this was a targeted hit, who knew her exact routine? IMO, MB's routine is not abundantly obvious... I cannot even imagine it myself. This is someone who knew exactly where MB would be and at what time. I am relooking at those who have superior knowledge of the church.

For those of you who asked, one of the SWs or official pressers from LE stated that MB arrived at 4:16 and "immediately" entered the church. I quickly tried to find the exact language, but I could not locate it. I am 100% confident that LE said that MB immediately entered the church. I read that language after a poster had linked to a MSM article stating that MB was in the process of unloading her car so the word "immediately" caught my attention. If no one finds it before then, I will locate it this evening.

I agree the routine is important. Did she arrive earlier when it rained? Did she do 'extras' when classes are moved to the awning/or moved indoors? Did she have to unlock an extra door, move extra equipment in, find a plug for the music? Let's say for example on a typical day she just unlocked the SW doors and turned on lights to the bathrooms, then that would mean she was in and out quickly. If that is the case, then we can assume that is why SP picked the bad weather day. It would be pretty hard to try to convince people that someone that was in there for just a minute in only one location of a big church would run into a burglar, thus getting killed.

If she had to go to the kitchen to get ice, then it would take longer, but like you said seems more likely the confrontation would have happened there without all the staging. I also think it is weird that campers wouldn't bring their own water and she would need to provide ice.

I guess as far as LE knowing the time she arrived, I thought they saw her on camera and it was time stamped. They also had the outdoor stores cameras to narrow in with too.

"Here is what we know right now. The suspect arrived at the church first and forced entry into the location. Missy arrived a few minutes later. Excuse me, first time surveillance captured uh the suspect on video was about 10 minutes before 4am. Miss Bevers arrived at about 4:16 in the parking lot and entered the church immediately. A few minutes later she was inside the church, not realizing the intruder was already inside. Shortly thereafter she was murdered inside of the church."

In reviewing his statement, it doesn't make sense.

"she arrived in the parking lot and entered the church immediately.
A few minutes later she was inside the church (huh?) not realizing the intruder was already inside."

Maybe he meant the sanctuary? ?

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Just heard press conference for Baton Rouge shooting.

Chief said something
the public has a has a right to know and we want you to know but we must protect the integrity of the case because it is a large case and there are a lot moving pieces.

I think we can apply that to this case as well.

Prayers for the Dallas and Baton Rouge Police Officers and their families and friends.

I agree the routine is important. Did she arrive earlier when it rained? Did she do 'extras' when classes are moved to the awning/or moved indoors? Did she have to unlock an extra door, move extra equipment in, find a plug for the music? Let's say for example on a typical day she just unlocked the SW doors and turned on lights to the bathrooms, then that would mean she was in and out quickly. If that is the case, then we can assume that is why SP picked the bad weather day. It would be pretty hard to try to convince people that someone that was in there for just a minute in only one location of a big church would run into a burglar, thus getting killed.

If she had to go to the kitchen to get ice, then it would take longer, but like you said seems more likely the confrontation would have happened there without all the staging. I also think it is weird that campers wouldn't bring their own water and she would need to provide ice.

I guess as far as LE knowing the time she arrived, I thought they saw her on camera and it was time stamped. They also had the outdoor stores cameras to narrow in with too.
Missy did have a handful common friends (at least on facebook) with the Office Manager of the church. It is possible that, while not necessarily friends, this wasn't strictly a business relationship. That they talked, were cordial and such. So it could be something like perhaps Missy brought a souvenir or gift of some sort from Austin for someone. Or maybe Missy arranged to put some CG stuff at the church (a closet or room) before she left for Austin so that set up for the class her first morning back would be easier after a long day the day before.

In reviewing his statement, it doesn't make sense.

"she arrived in the parking lot and entered the church immediately.
A few minutes later she was inside the church (huh?) not realizing the intruder was already inside."

Maybe he meant the sanctuary? ?

I don't see a reason for her to enter the sanctuary. Pretty sure the church would not be cool with an exercise class taking place there.

I lean on the SW rather than off the cuff statements made at a presser. And it says:

"At approximately 0418 hours, the victim Terri Bevers is observed entering the building through the main door under the awning area. The video shows Terri Bevers walking toward where the suspects location. Neither the suspect nor victim, were seen again on video. The victim was later found deceased at the south west comer of the interior of the building."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Missy did have a handful common friends (at least on facebook) with the Office Manager of the church. It is possible that, while not necessarily friends, this wasn't strictly a business relationship. That they talked, were cordial and such. So it could be something like perhaps Missy brought a souvenir or gift of some sort from Austin for someone. Or maybe Missy arranged to put some CG stuff at the church (a closet or room) before she left for Austin so that set up for the class her first morning back would be easier after a long day the day before.
Ok Jethro. I'm pickin up what you're putting down but the only way I might agree w/ your library scenario is if....one of the elders owns a silver Altima. [emoji4]

I don't see a reason for her to enter the sanctuary. Pretty sure the church would not be cool with an exercise class taking place there.

I lean on the SW rather than off the cuff statements made at a presser. And it says:

"At approximately 0418 hours, the victim Terri Bevers is observed entering the building through the main door under the awning area. The video shows Terri Bevers walking toward where the suspects location. Neither the suspect nor victim, were seen again on video. The victim was later found deceased at the south west comer of the interior of the building."

Cannonball- aren't you one of those who refuses to believe the police may have spoken off the cuff about SP leaving the same way he/she entered?

I was merely pointing out that what he said didn't make sense.
And who really knows where she was going to hold class?

So either (1) she was captured on an outside camera or (2) the truck lights some how triggered an inside camera. Right? I'm noticing they say "she arrived in the parking lot", which is pretty specific.

Maybe the gun shop security cameras up the street captured her truck entering the lot with a timestamp. And now that we know she entered the doors right where her truck was parked, we know she was killed shortly after as she was found in the SW area which is where she entered. Perhaps her routine took her directly into the sanctuary where the perp was waiting and he killed her immediately. Or, she went into the bathroom and was killed there or nearby in the blind spot from the camera near the front door or in bathroom hallway. In any case, it seemed that somebody knew her routine very well. The perp also felt confident enough to know when the other campers would arrive. 15 minutes is more than enough time to murder Missy, clean up hastily, and walk down to where car was parked to leave. Anybody care to estimate the times that that would take?

Cannonball- aren't you one of those who refuses to believe the police may have spoken off the cuff about SP leaving the same way he/she entered?

I was merely pointing out that what he said didn't make sense.
And who really knows where she was going to hold class?

Uh no. I have no opinion about where he left. LE has said in two different pressers, two different things. And the SWs are silent on the matter. So there is no way to know for sure which way he went out.

I agree that the way he phrased what he said was confusing. And we don't really know where she was going to hold class - I was merely pointing out that the sanctuary would be less likely than elsewhere.

Knowing the Church of Christ denomination as I do, it would seem to go against their values to have an exercise class in the room where worship occurs. Not knocking their beliefs, just pointing out that it would be most unusual for them to allow that IMHO.

Maybe the gun shop security cameras up the street captured her truck entering the lot with a timestamp. And now that we know she entered the doors right where her truck was parked, we know she was killed shortly after as she was found in the SW area which is where she entered. Perhaps her routine took her directly into the sanctuary where the perp was waiting and he killed her immediately. Or, she went into the bathroom and was killed there or nearby in the blind spot from the camera near the front door or in bathroom hallway. In any case, it seemed that somebody knew her routine very well. The perp also felt confident enough to know when the other campers would arrive. 15 minutes is more than enough time to murder Missy, clean up hastily, and walk down to where car was parked to leave. Anybody care to estimate the times that that would take?

I just don't get that perp was not seen on camera again. If near bathroom, surely a camera was triggered when perp left unless there is another way to exit from that way. But that doesn't jibe with LE saying perp left the way they came. I think they also said presumably perp left the way they came. If in sanctuary, perp could cross to kitchen area hallway and exit the way they came but again, wouldn't a camera pick perp up crossing the hallway from sanctuary to hallway? If perp truly was not seen on camera again, would they really have chanced leaving through doors that Missy entered? Unless they knew for sure that the camera in that area was disabled. So many questions.

Uh no. I have no opinion about where he left. LE has said in two different pressers, two different things. And the SWs are silent on the matter. So there is no way to know for sure which way he went out.

I agree that the way he phrased what he said was confusing. And we don't really know where she was going to hold class - I was merely pointing out that the sanctuary would be less likely than elsewhere.

Knowing the Church of Christ denomination as I do, it would seem to go against their values to have an exercise class in the room where worship occurs. Not knocking their beliefs, just pointing out that it would be most unusual for them to allow that IMHO.

Maybe Missy stored some items there for her class or borrowed a chair for her radio?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk