GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU law professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #3 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone think that the Adelson’s may have made extensive arrangements to take care of Garcia’s and Rivera’s families, children, mothers and so on.
Extensive meaning college, nicer homes, retirement centers/nursing homes?

And for this, Garcia and Rivera are willing to be quiet and serve their time. Hoping for a minimum sentence, then appeals and good behavior?

Snipped for focus

Not with the death penalty on the table.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Not with the death penalty on the table.

Exactly, or even just life in prison. They'll be offered a deal in exchange for testimony about who ordered the hit. Plus there are two of them, each afraid the other will finger them as the actual shooter, and one of them in jail on other charges. Being part of a gang, there may be a risk of retaliation for them and their families. It will take time for one of them to accept that talking is the best option. LE will play this very carefully to get what they need.

It does not seem like very devoted parent to spend so much time away from such young children.

His gig in NY that year was not as a visiting professor. He did not have teaching obligations. As a scholar in residence, he had a place to work on his research and was treated as part of the school's academic community, but was only in town a few times that year.

His gig in NY that year was not as a visiting professor. He did not have teaching obligations. As a scholar in residence, he had a place to work on his research and was treated as part of the school's academic community, but was only in town a few times that year.

Welcome to Ws jdrive!
Wondering what Daniel may have been researching at that time?

The correct name for the event honouring Daniel Markel yesterday, which i mistakenly referred to as a " remembrance", is actually called a Yahrzeit.

http://www.myjewishlearning.com/article/yahrzeit-remembering-on-the-anniversary-of-a-death/

As is the case in all Jewish holidays, yahrzeit observance begins at night. A 24-hour candle is lit and, as one woman I know says: “The spirit of the dead person fills the room again for 24 hours.” One attends synagogue for the evening, morning, and afternoon services and again recites the Kaddish [the memorial prayer]. One should not go to a celebration or party on the day of yahrzeit, and some people fast on that day.

https://ostns.org/Calendar/Detail/515/2016-07-23.php

Dan Markel Memorial Lecture

July 23rd

Special_Event - Saturday

Time - 11:00am

Matthew Price will give a d'var Torah on Shabbat morning, titled “Reflections on Friendship,” in memory of Dan Markel, z”l, on the occasion of his yahrzeit. Dan was a beloved friend of many members of Ohev Sholom.

new article, new info

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/ne...ines-evidence-witnesses-markel-case/87527408/

The State Attorney's Office has compiled an exhaustive list of possible witnesses and nearly 100 pieces of evidence in its cases against the two men accused of killing Florida State University law professor Dan Markel.
Most of the 175 possible witnesses are TPD officers and residents of the Betton Hills neighborhood, particularly people living on Randolph Circle and Trescott Drive. The list includes Markel's ex-wife Wendi Adelson, her brother Charlie and parents Harvey and Donna. Others include a self-proclaimed anti-Semite and convicted killer, a woman Markel was romantically linked to and an FSU professor who was dating Wendi Adelson.

new article, new info

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/ne...ines-evidence-witnesses-markel-case/87527408/

The State Attorney's Office has compiled an exhaustive list of possible witnesses and nearly 100 pieces of evidence in its cases against the two men accused of killing Florida State University law professor Dan Markel.
Most of the 175 possible witnesses are TPD officers and residents of the Betton Hills neighborhood, particularly people living on Randolph Circle and Trescott Drive. The list includes Markel's ex-wife Wendi Adelson, her brother Charlie and parents Harvey and Donna. Others include a self-proclaimed anti-Semite and convicted killer, a woman Markel was romantically linked to and an FSU professor who was dating Wendi Adelson.

Wow!! I honestly can't wait to read the new docs referenced in this article.

What a bizarre mix of potential witnesses (some of who I can't even imagine how they may be connected). Sounds like this case is going to get even more interesting than I had thought. I still believe it's a murder for hire though (& it's definitely not looking good for a certain FL family).

Exciting new article! They have bank records/e-mails/surveillance on the A's. There were two recorded meetings by an undercover witness with DA in April before Garcia's arrest. They identify the significant others of both WA and Dan. This gives me hope that they are building a strong case against the A's. I can't wait until the jury reconvenes.

new article, new info

Thanks for the link,
Holy crow! And by crow, i mean a murder of crows!

new article, new info

I didn't know Wendi had a boyfriend. A horrible thought, I hope the A's didn't spread their hate for Dan to him or anyone else to do this horrible crime. It just seems the A's are too relaxed about this. JMO

I didn't know Wendi had a boyfriend. A horrible thought, I hope the A's didn't spread their hate for Dan to him or anyone else to do this horrible crime. It just seems the A's are too relaxed about this. JMO

Given that they interviewed him twice, it sounds like he was cooperative and not involved. Hopefully he had useful information.

Given that they interviewed him twice, it sounds like he was cooperative and not involved. Hopefully he had useful information.

Surprisingly, the b.f. is not dissimilar in appearance from D.M. imo.

Why the heck is the Democrat bogarting the new spicy docs? What is to gain?! Share, you fools!!

The present situation gives this article deeper meaning, imo.
Luckily, for g.m. she is regarded as a " co-parent ".
rbbm.
http://freakonomics.com/2009/07/15/sentencing-discounts-for-parents-a-guest-post/
Sentencing Discounts for Parents? A Guest Post
July 15, 2009
by Freakonomics

Should Parents Who Offend Receive Sentencing Discounts?
A Guest Post
By Jennifer Collins, Ethan J. Leib, and Dan Markel

Many states expressly tell judges to calibrate a sentence based, in part, on one’s family ties and responsibilities in sentencing offenders. Thus, offenders who are parents to minors or caregivers to spouses or elderly parents may, depending on the jurisdiction, be in a position to receive a sharp discount from the punishment they might otherwise receive. Not only does this pattern of sentencing discounts facilitate ad hoc disparities between offenders who are otherwise similarly situated across cases, but it also hastens to create inequalities between persons involved in the very same offense. Even in the generally more restrictive federal context, courts have found ways to extend discounts to offenders deemed to have extraordinary “family ties and responsibilities.”

Our view is that sentencing discounts for offenders with family ties require scrutiny and, in some cases, re-tailoring, and in other cases, rejection.

We are therefore willing to agree that compelling circumstances arise when an offender is the sole and irreplaceable caregiver for minors or for aged or ailing persons with whom the defendant has an established relationship of care-giving. Here, however, we reject the suggestion that the law should only value the traditional familial relationship in the context of any accommodations made to “irreplaceable caregivers.” What matters from our vantage point is that the defendant is actually serving a critical social role

http://abovethelaw.com/2016/06/the-murder-of-dan-markel-wendi-adelson-speaks-part-3/
I try to draw boundaries with my mom because lately there aren’t any. She’s caring for my children right now so I can be here in class, more like a co-parent than a grandmother.

Why the heck is the Democrat bogarting the new spicy docs? What is to gain?! Share, you fools!!

It will be interesting to see those documents. Sounds like they have a lot of evidence pertaining to the A's and maybe KM. So why no further arrests yet? And why release these documents now in advance of the grand jury reconvening in August?

I wonder what kind of activity the surveillance footage of the A's captured. And what the undercover officers discussed with DA.

It will be interesting to see those documents. Sounds like they have a lot of evidence pertaining to the A's and maybe KM. So why no further arrests yet? And why release these documents now in advance of the grand jury reconvening in August?

I wonder what kind of activity the surveillance footage of the A's captured. And what the undercover officers discussed with DA.
Could they be laying this out so defense attorneys can get a look, therefore knowing that the State Attorney has a great case?

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Could they be laying this out so defense attorneys can get a look, therefore knowing that the State Attorney has a great case?

Oops. Sent that too early.

And before this gets too far down the road, defense attys will urge their clients to deal to avoid further damage to the A's reputation and avoid the DP?!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member