TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
The pink tea party photo is one of the few of Lori that seems to be taken by family. I've studied photography. The nose looks different from different angles. You can do an experiment on your own. Take a look in the mirror and tilt your head back a little or take a picture and move the camera so you are taking a photo from slightly lower than your face. Your nose will look totally different from a straight on shot. IMO, the pink hat picture is taken at a different angle from the other photos we have of her. What has been cropped out is that Lori has her baby daughter in her arms. IMO, whoever took this photo is kneeling down to get the daughter sitting in her lap from a straight on angle. The result is we see Lori's nose and teeth from slightly below her face. This is a less flattering angle for most people and it makes her look completely different from the straight on photos. JMO.

That's makes sense. I've had those unflattering photos and a change in weight makes everything look different, too. The tip of her nose still looks like a different shape, but from below it could be. The photo with her husband looks like all the other photos, but it may have been taken before the baby.

Thanks!

FYi I also submitted Debra today..
53bc3f50f219c1a0eac3c16f11e13fb0.png
55721d8d4cf0e908df9c1b5a68b2bf3d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone with classmates? LRD's could possibly have attended this school. Duncan U. Fletcher High School.

If she grew up in the house in Tampa with her grandparents, wouldn't she go to Tampa schools?

If she grew up in the house in Tampa with her grandparents, wouldn't she go to Tampa schools?

Member of immediate family went to that school, if in fact she is KRD. I would check 1976-1980 for the school years.

I (think) I sent an email to the Investigator from Gregg County that SunnyNZ mentioned in a previous thread. I say think, because I was having trouble and the email kept coming back. So, I went to their website and copied and pasted that email and it appears to have gone thru.

I didn't find much else about Kimberly Rae Doss or her family but I found a lot about the outlaws motorcycle gang her mother said kidnapped her. Some interesting events put into KRD and FLEK's timeline:

May 29, 1979: KRD is allegedly seen with the Outlaws (OMG) in Jacksonville, Florida. Her mother claims her uncle owed them money and they took Kimberly as ransom or as payment.
July 4, 1979: 8 Outlaws members are killed in Charlotte, NC.
July 1979--Two weeks after Charlotte killings police arrest one of the people they think is responsible for the murders (an OMG member) in San Bernadino, CA and return him to Charlotte for trial: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/crime/article26725426.html
1984: The group Thursdays Child identifies a woman working as a prostitute in Hollywood under the name Kimberly Gardner as Kimberly Sue Doss, missing from Iowa. (Possible wrong Kimberly Doss?)
November 1987: A trial begins in Florida for six key members of OMG: http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/1989-01-24/news/8901040991_1_racketeering-outlaws-conspiracy-charge
Summer 1988: FLEK appears.
January 1989: The trial of the members of OMG wraps up. Details in the above article. They face between 20 and 45 years in prison. Sentencing set for March or April.
May 1989: Reports of Kimberly Doss being in Sugarland, Texas. Again, it is reported as the Kimberly Doss from Iowa but what if it was the one from Florida?

The most interesting thing, IMO, is the OMG trial in Florida. The news article says that trial would split OMG up for good. If KRD was being held by them or was in hiding from them in Hollywood, then 1988 would have been a good year for her to escape or assume a new identity to avoid being associated with them. JMO.

Can you tell us when her mother moved to TX?

No, I can't find a clear date for that yet. It would have likely been after the divorce of her second husband in 1994 though. I don't know when she married her third husband--he was the one from Texas.

ETA: It's a bit confusing because her address dates are co-mingled/overlapping with her husbands' addresses. I just went through and looked closely at them and there is an address for Joyce in Florida up until 2001. Her 3rd husband was in Texas as early as 1996. Earliest Texas address for Joyce is 2003. So I would guess around 2002. Could it just be coincidence she moved to Texas? or it could she have thought the Sugarland sighting was her daughter and went there to look for her? Given the message board post from 2005, I wonder if her husband helped her search?

No, I can't find a clear date for that yet. It would have likely been after the divorce of her second husband in 1994 though. I don't know when she married her third husband--he was the one from Texas.

ETA: It's a bit confusing because her address dates are co-mingled/overlapping with her husbands' addresses. I just went through and looked closely at them and there is an address for Joyce in Florida up until 2001. Her 3rd husband was in Texas as early as 1996. Earliest Texas address for Joyce is 2003. So I would guess around 2002. Could it just be coincidence she moved to Texas? or it could she have thought the Sugarland sighting was her daughter and went there to look for her? Given the message board post from 2005, I wonder if her husband helped her search?

Did the grandparents move? Could the note page have been her looking for her parents/grandparents?

Did the grandparents move? Could the note page have been her looking for her parents/grandparents?

Grandmother was at the address shared with KRD in 1999. Note dates to the mid to late 1980's.
IMO, I don't think FLEK wrote the majority of the note. I think it was a close friend or associate. Perhaps a friend of hers from a shelter in Los Angeles.
I've been trying to connect the group Thursday's Child with either Good Shepherd or Ben Perkins but no luck yet. Here is Thursday's Child website: http://www.thursdayschild.org/

Say if Ben Perkins were in the business of helping runaways "underground " by assisting them with ID changes we may never be able to find evidence of that as it would be a very hidden secret. But I like the way you are thinking.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Grandmother was at the address shared with KRD in 1999. Note dates to the mid to late 1980's.
IMO, I don't think FLEK wrote the majority of the note. I think it was a close friend or associate. Perhaps a friend of hers from a shelter in Los Angeles.
I've been trying to connect the group Thursday's Child with either Good Shepherd or Ben Perkins but no luck yet. Here is Thursday's Child website: http://www.thursdayschild.org/

If FLEK did not write the scribbles on that note, then she might not have had any direct contact with Ben Jr. Even if he was helping people with false identities, perhaps the note writer told FLEK what to do, after he found out. I still think Idaho is ground zero and a boyfriend involved. But probably just another rabbit hole.

Looking at the young Kimberly Doss (McGee), she does not have the space betwee her two front teeth that we see in the picture of Lori in the pink hat. At 16, Kimberly would not have been wearing the slip on teeth, whatever they are called. In fact, they probably weren't even made at that time.

Removeable caps were available. Dawn Wells states that she wore removable caps while filming Gilligan's Island in the early '60's. Count me in the had-braces-but-ditched-the-retainer camp.

Missing Kimberly Rae Doss' Paternal Great Aunt married a Perkins (and later a B@rker!): http://findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi/%3C/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=154413618
Could Jennifer Perkins from the notes page be KRD's cousin? Could she have called Ben Perkins number thinking he was a family member that could help her? I'm still looking, but there are 4 Perkins sons listed in that obituary that could have had a daughter named Jennifer.

Removeable caps were available. Dawn Wells states that she wore removable caps while filming Gilligan's Island in the early '60's. Count me in the had-braces-but-ditched-the-retainer camp.

I imagine many things were available to movie stars that were not even known about by the general public.

Also, it would have taken money to buy removeable caps. It amazes me where this girl from no where got the money to live, travel amongst the states, have what looks like cosmetic surgery, breast implants, and dental work. Where was her money tree?

If she was trafficked, a pimp could have paid to have all that work done on her. As for how she traveled, my latest guess is motorcycle. Bus used to be pretty cheap too.

I imagine many things were available to movie stars that were not even known about by the general public.

Also, it would have taken money to buy removeable caps. It amazes me where this girl from no where got the money to live, travel amongst the states, have what looks like cosmetic surgery, breast implants, and dental work. Where was her money tree?

I'm guessing if she is KRD, then the family owned a Cuban cigar company~~I would imagine the family had some cash from that. Which would mean someone in her family knew she was alive and in TX~~unless that is where the PO Box comes in???

I'm guessing if she is KRD, then the family owned a Cuban cigar company~~I would imagine the family had some cash from that. Which would mean someone in her family knew she was alive and in TX~~unless that is where the PO Box comes in???

I can't remember if this was brought up already or not but there is a PO Box address in Dallas for a Kimberly Doss. https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:QJ49-BMN8
That address belongs to a cleaning company today: http://www.texas-businessdirectory.com/company-superclean-service-co-inc_253289

I can't find any other records of KD in Dallas area.

This is an eye opening article about the way young women were frequently kidnapped by the OMG in Florida in the 1970s http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/1995-12-17/news/9512160801_1_spaziano-fauss-outlaws/4

This one line caught my eye, regarding a gang member trying to find a new identity for a young woman associated with the gang (this young woman 'played along' with the gang and did as they asked as a matter of survival) "In Youngstown, *advertiser censored** said, she spent a day in the public library looking through obituaries of young women. Sp****o hoped to find someone whose identity *advertiser censored** could assume."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member