GUILTY GA - Natalie Henderson, 17, & Carter Davis, 17, murdered, 1 Aug 2016 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://heavy.com/news/2016/08/jeffr...ocery-arrested-suspect-named-identified-shot/
This article, mostly an interview with a friend, ties a lot together, including the many who knew him who said he had serious mental health problems his whole life, the hanging out at the Waffle House (where CD worked), going to military school to try to help with his problems, etc. Also, he alleges that JH sold drugs to high school kids.

It's interesting going back to JH's Instagram and seeing how 3 or 4 local news stations are posting on nearly every pic of him or his (now ex-)girlfriend to beg for people who know him to call them. I never really thought of how social media could give such a big opportunity for journalists to "enhance" news stories in such a way.

It's very sad to see the pictures of him younger, compared to his mug shot. He's much leaner, and his eyes look so empty and lost. I'm reminded of Adam Lanza, and how his mother tried so hard to get him help, but couldn't get effective help (I know mothers currently struggling with this same problem with their mentally ill sons who are now older teenagers - even when they can get help, the help doesn't work for long!). Same mistake of him having access to weapons, too. This is a tragedy all around, for every single person involved in this terrible, terrible story.
Good post!

Just want to say...here in Las Vegas, we've had both a shooting and stabbing of Pokemon Go players in attempted robberies. It's really not that far-fetched.

Agree. I'm thinking unrequited love perhaps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:wagon:

to

Websleuths,

:cheer:bamaguy83 !!:cheer:

We're glad you're here!!

http://heavy.com/news/2016/08/jeffr...ocery-arrested-suspect-named-identified-shot/
This article, mostly an interview with a friend, ties a lot together, including the many who knew him who said he had serious mental health problems his whole life, the hanging out at the Waffle House (where CD worked), going to military school to try to help with his problems, etc. Also, he alleges that JH sold drugs to high school kids.

It's interesting going back to JH's Instagram and seeing how 3 or 4 local news stations are posting on nearly every pic of him or his (now ex-)girlfriend to beg for people who know him to call them. I never really thought of how social media could give such a big opportunity for journalists to "enhance" news stories in such a way.

It's very sad to see the pictures of him younger, compared to his mug shot. He's much leaner, and his eyes look so empty and lost. I'm reminded of Adam Lanza, and how his mother tried so hard to get him help, but couldn't get effective help (I know mothers currently struggling with this same problem with their mentally ill sons who are now older teenagers - even when they can get help, the help doesn't work for long, and they are very seriously concerned about what will happen when these boys become of age). Same mistake of him having access to weapons, too. This is a tragedy all around, for every single person involved in this terrible, terrible story.

That linked article is very informative. But I still am not convinced of what they were doing behind publix so late on the night before their first day at school. I mean yes even some good straight A students and athletes from great families at my highschool smoked weed on occasion but hid it very well, but i just can't imagine them sneaking out on a school night to buy weed. On the weekend, yes, but not on a Sunday night. I REALLY want to know if Natalie knew hazelwood or did only carter know him?

Maybe hazelwood called one of them or both of then asking for help saying he was going to hurt himself and then he killed them both?

It was a school night so this is so weird

But I still am not convinced of what they were doing behind publix so late on the night before their first day at school. I mean yes even some good straight A students and athletes from great families at my highschool smoked weed on occasion but hid it very well, but i just can't imagine them sneaking out on a school night to buy weed.

Could be heroin (very big problem in upper class here), could be meth, could be sex, could be he had dated or wanted to date NH, could be something altogether different like you speculated (a ruse to get help).

Just want to say...here in Las Vegas, we've had both a shooting and stabbing of Pokemon Go players in attempted robberies. It's really not that far-fetched.

Were they behind a closed, dark grocery store at 2am? I play this game and I know people play late at night sometimes but players would not sneak off to behind a Publix in the middle of the night. I'm positive. There are several hot spots to play in Roswell but they are nowhere close to here.

This is also quite possibly the least romantic hook up spot in history. The smell of garbage isn't really romantic. I know some teens aren't too discerning but it is a bit of a stretch. I stand by my assertion that this location was picked to hide something. Maybe Carter and Natalie chose it to be alone or do some other kind of business. Maybe the killer lured them both out there.

Were they behind a closed, dark grocery store at 2am? I play this game and I know people play late at night sometimes but players would not sneak off to behind a Publix in the middle of the night. I'm positive. There are several hot spots to play in Roswell but they are nowhere close to here.

This is also quite possibly the least romantic hook up spot in history. The smell of garbage isn't really romantic. I know some teens aren't too discerning but it is a bit of a stretch. I stand by my assertion that this location was picked to hide something. Maybe Carter and Natalie chose it to be alone or do some other kind of business. Maybe the killer lured them both out there.

No - they were in public parks.

It's very sad to see the pictures of him younger, compared to his mug shot. He's much leaner, and his eyes look so empty and lost. I'm reminded of Adam Lanza, and how his mother tried so hard to get him help, but couldn't get effective help (I know mothers currently struggling with this same problem with their mentally ill sons who are now older teenagers - even when they can get help, the help doesn't work for long, and they are very seriously concerned about what will happen when these boys become of age). Same mistake of him having access to weapons, too. This is a tragedy all around, for every single person involved in this terrible, terrible story.

If the FB quotes are true, it sounds as though he had serious mental illness, particularly if he was hearing voices. His friend stated he had been off his medication a few weeks, not good.

While his grandparents made sure he received medical attention and medication for his illness, some of the other ideas seem iffy - going to a military boot camp, etc. A military environment is not conducive to helping patients with mental illness. Nor is it a good idea to allow them to own deadly weapons. It mentions the grandparents are very religious and very strict, again a situation in which people don't understand the best ways to deal with mental illness.

You know when they say he was a drug dealer and these kids could not have been involved with that a LOT of kids smoke weed these days. It could have been just some kids looking for weed

If the FB quotes are true, it sounds as though he had serious mental illness, particularly if he was hearing voices. His friend stated he had been off his medication a few weeks, not good.

While his grandparents made sure he received medical attention and medication for his illness, some of the other ideas seem iffy - going to a military boot camp, etc. A military environment is not conducive to helping patients with mental illness. Nor is it a good idea to allow them to own deadly weapons. It mentions the grandparents are very religious and very strict, again a situation in which people don't understand the best ways to deal with mental illness.

Neither is having access to weapons a good idea .

Have LE said if their cars were with them? Or one car or no car and if they wer in a car when shot?

No, it is definitely not related to that. I went over this a few pages back.
I know you went over this, from your opinion, but until the Pokémon relation is ruled out, it could still be a possibility. Though it doesnt fit the mold, it isn't too far fetched. We are talking about a mentally ill man here and two sweet, helpful teens who may have innocently fallen for a lure of some sorts. Nothing can be ruled out as motive at this point.

Neither is having access to weapons a good idea .

Have LE said if their cars were with them? Or one car or no car and if they wer in a car when shot?

Both of their cars were at the scene. It sounded like each was found next to their own car.

I know you went over this, from your opinion, but until the Pokémon relation is ruled out, it could still be a possibility. Though it doesnt fit the mold, it isn't too far fetched. We are talking about a mentally ill man here and two sweet, helpful teens who may have innocently fallen for a lure of some sorts. Nothing can be ruled out as motive at this point.

Pokemon just doesn't make sense at all. There is no way to "lure" someone to a random location behind a Publix within the game. The only possibility would be if there was a stop at the Publix, and he placed what is called a "lure" on the stop and they decided to check it out. I doubt there would be a stop at that particular location, but I can try and swing by later and check it out. I'm off work today and it's only 10 minutes away.

August 3, 2016
4:24 PM ET

Man Arrested in Connection With Deaths of 2 Georgia Teens

A 20-year-old man has been arrested and charged in connection with the shooting deaths of two teenagers in Roswell, Georgia.

The suspect, Roswell resident Jeffrey A. Hazelwood, was arrested and charged with two counts of murder around 5:00 this morning, said Roswell Police Chief Rusty Grant. Hazelwood was being held at the Roswell Detention Center and was expected to be transferred to the Fulton County Jail.

Police believe Hazelwood acted alone but were unable to comment on any motive or statements he may have given to police, Grant said. It is unclear whether Hazelwood had a criminal record or knew the victims, Grant said.

Detectives located Hazelwood Tuesday night at a gas station in the area, said Roswell Police Detective Zachary Frommer.

https://www.google.com/amp/abcnews....georgia-teens/story?id=41100381?client=safari

---------Also provided his Face Book account

https://m.facebook.com/search/top/?...ter&tsid=0.17492727166973054&source=typeahead

My hunch at this point is that this was a random act of violence. The perp has mental-health issues and reportedly has recently gone off his meds. I'm wondering if he just had an urge to kill, and these two young people just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time.

I can't figure out the logistics, though. They were both found outside of their cars, so how did that happen? IDK.

JMOpinion, based on info at this time.

I did some digging on the Ingress website (they have a map of locations that the Pokestops and gyms were drawn from), and there's nothing close enough to the Publix that would lead me to believe the Publix would be a good meeting spot for the game (or a place that someone would be lured to in any form using the game).

My hunch at this point is that this was a random act of violence. The perp has mental-health issues and reportedly has recently gone off his meds. I'm wondering if he just had an urge to kill, and these two young people just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time.

I can't figure out the logistics, though. They were both found outside of their cars, so how did that happen? IDK.

JMOpinion, based on info at this time.

My initial thought was the first victim to arrive was on the other side of the car from the second victim and such the second victim didn't see the first on the ground.

My initial thought was the first victim to arrive was on the other side of the car from the second victim and such the second victim didn't see the first on the ground.

That could be. So the second person got out of the car to look for the first. But, that would mean the perp stuck around after the first shooting to await the next person. That might be a stretch to believe, especially with my "wrong place/wrong time" hunch.

Hmmm...

What happened!?

That could be. So the second person got out of the car to look for the first. But, that would mean the perp stuck around after the first shooting to await the next person. That might be a stretch to believe, especially with my "wrong place/wrong time" hunch.

Hmmm...

What happened!?

Sure - especially with a shot already fired. Surely he'd be worried folks nearby heard the first shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member