GUILTY GA - Natalie Henderson, 17, & Carter Davis, 17, murdered, 1 Aug 2016 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's horrible that these two lives were lost.
It's also sad to see comments being made of the nature about the shooter..if he had all these medical and emotional problems why wasn't he helped before it got to this? He was really out of it during the hearing. Can he understand what he done?
Someone point me in the direction of how he will function during this trial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's also sad to see comments being made of the nature about the shooter..if he had all these medical and emotional problems why wasn't he helped before it got to this? He was really out of it during the hearing. Can he understand what he done?

I think his grandparents did the best they could helping him. What can you do once a child is an adult - they are free to make their own decisions.

My heart goes out to his grandparents. Many people are reporting how kind they were. So sorry that they are going through this as I am sure it weighs so heavily on them.

So sad, all around.

jmo

Look at the pics here of him, he looked to be ok at times before now.

http://heavy.com/news/2016/08/jeffr...ocery-arrested-suspect-named-identified-shot/

I am thinking that his appearance now is more illegal drugs then not on prescribed drugs. JMO IDK

Imo possibly some type of drug withdrawal?

I had the same thought but I have not been around person that have done that. I have never done some of the drugs that are here today, meth, heroine, crack, so I don't know personally.

I just drove home on Highway 92 after a doctor's appointment, so I drove into the Publix parking lot to take a look. Highway 92 is a very busy road with two to three lanes in either direction, connecting several neighborhoods and counties. This particular area is definitely upscale. There are shopping centers lining the road, but this Publix center is part of a huge complex consisting of several large buildings, placed at different angles so that the complex doesn't look like one big box.

The parking lot is segmented, and there are landscaped trees and grass throughout the Publix parking lot. Publix does not face Highway 92, instead it's right side lines up with the highway, with a large hedge and flowering bushes separating it from the road. Like I said, it's a high-end neighborhood, and during the day it is bustling, in the truest sense of the word.

When I drove through the parking lot an hour ago, there was a section of parking places with police tape around them, strung up on barrels. If you were standing facing the Publix entrance, the roped-off spaces would be in the rear left section of the lot, almost on the edge of the parking lot. I was too nervous to count, but there were six or seven roped off spaces, up against one of the trees planted to shade the parking area.

I didn't see any stains on the ground in that area, but I was really nervous for some reason and was scared to turn down that lane of the parking lot to get a better look. I know that the news reports said they were found in the back of the Publix, but these parking spaces gave me a chill. I feel it's possible that the victim's cars were actually parked in these spaces. The layout of the parking lot makes it feel more secluded, and you can't see it from Highway 92 due to the hedges and landscaping.

I drove straight out of the parking lot and took a right on Highway 92. Just at the end of the shopping center, there is a driveway that leads to the loading area behind the Publix with no gate or other barrier that I could see. Because the store does not face the road, the "back" of the store is actually on the side of the shopping plaza. This view of the loading area is easily recognizable from pictures the local news was showing all day Monday, when the bodies were discovered. I didn't see any roped-off areas back there, but I just peeked at it while driving on Highway 92. Publix seems to be using the area to receive merchandise as far as I could tell.

As mentioned upthread there is a 24-Hour Steak'n'Shake just next door to the Publix plaza, but it might as well be miles away due to the thick vegetation and landscaping that surround both properties. I actually went through the Steak'n'Shake drive thru to grab lunch and it was very still and quiet back there as I waited for my order. I don't know if I'd feel comfortable doing that at 2:00 am, or even midnight now, based on what happened just across the hedges.

I don't think I've seen this mentioned yet, but there is a beautifully-maintained park just a few blocks away, with walking and hiking trails, a memorial garden, and a dog park. If I was in high school, that's where I would want to go to park, or party, or whatever, but maybe the police presence is high there.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/leita-thompson-memorial-park-roswell

Look at the pics here of him, he looked to be ok at times before now.

http://heavy.com/news/2016/08/jeffr...ocery-arrested-suspect-named-identified-shot/

I am thinking that his appearance now is more illegal drugs then not on prescribed drugs. JMO IDK

Thanks! From reading that it says he has been in mental hospitals before also and a special school. So he had received some help.
Special prayers for his grandparents for their pain through all this.

I just drove home on Highway 92 after a doctor's appointment, so I drove into the Publix parking lot to take a look. Highway 92 is a very busy road with two to three lanes in either direction, connecting several neighborhoods and counties. This particular area is definitely upscale. There are shopping centers lining the road, but this Publix center is part of a huge complex consisting of several large buildings, placed at different angles so that the complex doesn't look like one big box.

The parking lot is segmented, and there are landscaped trees and grass throughout the Publix parking lot. Publix does not face Highway 92, instead it's right side lines up with the highway, with a large hedge and flowering bushes separating it from the road. Like I said, it's a high-end neighborhood, and during the day it is bustling, in the truest sense of the word.

When I drove through the parking lot an hour ago, there was a section of parking places with police tape around them, strung up on barrels. If you were standing facing the Publix entrance, the roped-off spaces would be in the rear left section of the lot, almost on the edge of the parking lot. I was too nervous to count, but there were six or seven roped off spaces, up against one of the trees planted to shade the parking area.

I didn't see any stains on the ground in that area, but I was really nervous for some reason and was scared to turn down that lane of the parking lot to get a better look. I know that the news reports said they were found in the back of the Publix, but these parking spaces gave me a chill. I feel it's possible that the victim's cars were actually parked in these spaces. The layout of the parking lot makes it feel more secluded, and you can't see it from Highway 92 due to the hedges and landscaping.

I drove straight out of the parking lot and took a right on Highway 92. Just at the end of the shopping center, there is a driveway that leads to the loading area behind the Publix with no gate or other barrier that I could see. Because the store does not face the road, the "back" of the store is actually on the side of the shopping plaza. This view of the loading area is easily recognizable from pictures the local news was showing all day Monday, when the bodies were discovered. I didn't see any roped-off areas back there, but I just peeked at it while driving on Highway 92. Publix seems to be using the area to receive merchandise as far as I could tell.

As mentioned upthread there is a 24-Hour Steak'n'Shake just next door to the Publix plaza, but it might as well be miles away due to the thick vegetation and landscaping that surround both properties. I actually went through the Steak'n'Shake drive thru to grab lunch and it was very still and quiet back there as I waited for my order. I don't know if I'd feel comfortable doing that at 2:00 am, or even midnight now, based on what happened just across the hedges.

I don't think I've seen this mentioned yet, but there is a beautifully-maintained park just a few blocks away, with walking and hiking trails, a memorial garden, and a dog park. If I was in high school, that's where I would want to go to park, or party, or whatever, but maybe the police presence is high there.

Looking at the picture below was the roped off area to the right or the left in this image?

https://www.google.com/maps/@34.060...4!1sdnSXyP978qHLb_Kc0sisgA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Sophie (or anyone), when you looked around were you at all surprised that the delivery driver was able to discover the bodies (note sunrise is 6:53 am and he found the bodies before 6 am)? Where were the bodies in relation to the entrance he would have entered and the delivery entrance of the store?

Sophie (or anyone), when you looked around were you at all surprised that the delivery driver was able to discover the bodies (note sunrise is 6:53 am and he found the bodies before 6 am)? Where were the bodies in relation to the entrance he would have entered and the delivery entrance of the store?

From what I saw, I was thinking that the cars (and maybe bodies) were in the parking lot, where the roped off area is, rather than behind the grocery store.

One of the news articles said the bodies were found behind the store "along Woodstock Road", but I'm not sure where that road is, unless it's another name for Hwy 92.

The loading dock is in a separate area...I can't imagine a semi truck, or even a box truck would want to drive through the parking lot when they could just pull directly in the driveway that leads to the loading dock.

Although...this is purely conjecture based on my work experience with a beverage bottler, the driver might have time to kill while they wait to be unloaded. Some chains and locations insist on strict delivery windows sanctioned by the store, so they can plan their manpower accordingly. Even if the driver uses the forklift to unload the goods himself, he would still have to wait to get his load counted and approved by the warehouse personnel.

MY POINT: Maybe the driver decided to walk around the lot to smoke, or was walking to a convenience store, or maybe even the Steak'n'Shake, and found the bodies that way.

Thank you for this description. Having local insight is always so helpful.

Hmmm a wedding ring. I saw in the comments of an article someone said he recently married his girlfriend . Maybe they did elope or something. Anyway those tremors look like psychotic med side effects. Remember this? :

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s7urL-aXAUc

That's the perp in the video ? Doesn't even look like the same guy. More like a mid forties emaciated meth addict. Those poor kids

Yes, that's exactly what it looks like if you pull off on the right off Hwy 92 into Publix's loading dock area.

Maybe the police-taped section of the parking lot is a complete coincidence.

But maybe not.

IDK I'm wondering if he was parked there and saw Natalie and Carter pull in. The picture of the back/ loading dock area I posted is a one way out. If he was parked in the area you saw roped off he could have seen them pull in,
https://www.google.com/maps/@34.061...4!1snRrkt5wdFrjTEOx8no0xUw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656
The entrance to go behind the publix is on king rd across from the entrance to the high school.

IDK I'm wondering if he was parked there and saw Natalie and Carter pull in. The picture of the back/ loading dock area I posted is a one way out. If he was parked in the area you saw roped off he could have seen them pull in,
https://www.google.com/maps/@34.061...4!1snRrkt5wdFrjTEOx8no0xUw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656
The entrance to go behind the publix is on king rd across from the entrance to the high school.

He certainly could have parked there to survey the scene. That's a possibility.

The entrance that I saw that looks just like the photo is off Hwy 92. There may be another entrance on King, though. I guess I could try and go back this weekend and maybe walk my dog around or something. She would love that shady parking lot, with all of the trees to sniff.

FYI Kim Zolciak from the RHOA used to live in this area, and shop in that plaza, before she built her current house in the far northern suburbs.

And as reported earlier, that Publix location doesn't face the main highway, it is turned so that it's right side is parallel to Hwy 92. What you're seeing in that picture is the back of Publx, so the view is from Hwy 92.

King Road may border that plaza on another side, but the entrance to the loading dock that you see in that picture is from Hwy 92, based on what I saw today.

And as reported earlier, that Publix location doesn't face the main highway, it is turned so that it's right side is parallel to Hwy 92. What you're seeing in that picture is the back of Publx, so the view is from Hwy 92.

King Road may border that plaza on another side, but the entrance to the loading dock that you see in that picture is from Hwy 92, based on what I saw today.

Looking at the arrow on the rd it is an exit out from the behind the shopping center. jmo

https://www.google.com/maps/@34.060...4!1sNqNra7p4-LoEEofE0dczFg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Looking at the arrow on the rd it is an exit out from the behind the shopping center. jmo

https://www.google.com/maps/@34.060...4!1sNqNra7p4-LoEEofE0dczFg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

OK. I see that now... the exit is what is visible from Hwy 92.

So the trucks must have to enter on the other side, which would be even further away from the roped-off spaces. You can see that the trees block most of the view to the parking lot.

I will try and go over there this weekend with my dog to take a look. I've just discussed it with her and she said she was game as long as the pavement isn't too hot. (We're having a beastly summer here in the ATL.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member