GUILTY GA - Natalie Henderson, 17, & Carter Davis, 17, murdered, 1 Aug 2016 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I want to read the actual court records, not just an article which pulls out a couple statements.
Me, too. Too many versions of the truth came out based on the original police report, but when I saw it myself, it was easy to figure out what was going on and where some of the reports had gone wrong.

To the person who wondered, Woodstock Rd is indeed Hwy 92, and no, I doubt there is a "white fence" ordinance. Much of Roswell, Alpharetta, and Milton used to be horsefarm, and developers who wiped out the horse farms to put in subdivisions and shopping centers love to pay homage to it in their naming and aesthetics. There's even a Walmart in north Fulton that looks like a giant giant super-luxury horse barn.

Agree that autism doesn't mean violence, but it's often co-morbid with other conditions, including schizophrenia and bipolar, that very much can mean violence in some people. Also agree that JH appears to be very mentally ill, and also needs to be put away from society for the rest of his life (unless we miraculously develop drugs that effectively treat his conditions without destroying the ability to live alone at the same time). Mental illness actually *is* an "excuse" for crime ... or rather, it's a *reason* for it. It doesn't make it okay, but it explains why itwas done. Dahmer was very seriously mentally ill, and that wasn't really his fault, but that doesn't make his many victims any less dead. We closed the asylums and in effect replaced them with prisons ... is that any more effective or humane?

Agree that whatever did actually happen here, it will likely never make much sense. That's the curse of brain diseases.

Also, I have no idea what the 13yo neighbor looked like, but while staring is definitely creepy, not all 13yo's look like little girls. At 12, I had the body of a fully grown, physically mature adult woman, and almost no men would have known I wasn't at least 16. Back then, rude staring was more normal I think; it would come off as creepier today, even if the person doing it might have a social disorder that keeps him from realizing he's being a creep (not saying that's the case with JH; I simply don't know).

Just pointing out that there are often multiple ways to view an action. Still praying for the peace of the families who have lost their children. This is such a senseless tragedy.

Me, too. Too many versions of the truth came out based on the original police report, but when I saw it myself, it was easy to figure out what was going on and where some of the reports had gone wrong.

To the person who wondered, Woodstock Rd is indeed Hwy 92, and no, I doubt there is a "white fence" ordinance. Much of Roswell, Alpharetta, and Milton used to be horsefarm, and developers who wiped out the horse farms to put in subdivisions and shopping centers love to pay homage to it in their naming and aesthetics. There's even a Walmart in north Fulton that looks like a giant giant super-luxury horse barn.

Agree that autism doesn't mean violence, but it's often co-morbid with other conditions, including schizophrenia and bipolar, that very much can mean violence in some people. Also agree that JH appears to be very mentally ill, and also needs to be put away from society for the rest of his life (unless we miraculously develop drugs that effectively treat his conditions without destroying the ability to live alone at the same time). Mental illness actually *is* an "excuse" for crime ... or rather, it's a *reason* for it. It doesn't make it okay, but it explains why itwas done. Dahmer was very seriously mentally ill, and that wasn't really his fault, but that doesn't make his many victims any less dead. We closed the asylums and in effect replaced them with prisons ... is that any more effective or humane?

Agree that whatever did actually happen here, it will likely never make much sense. That's the curse of brain diseases.

I recently discovered there is in fact a "white fence ordinance" in Roswell. I just had an interview with Publix and they talked about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could someone give a link to the actual court documents (which stated he followed them to Publix....)?

Just checked all the local media websites, and while they all refer to the warrant Affidavits, or other unspecified "Court records", none have posted any to their websites. Other Atlanta locals may agree with MOO that this lack of posting these is QUITE unusual for WSB and WXIA as well as the AJC, which in my experience are all typically quick to do so...perhaps related to the defense request to waive reading of the charges yesterday???

Westie Mom

Georgia has a significant open records act, and marriage certificates are all available from the state for inspection by the public. They should be able to find it if it were there.

I had a brief thought of Ringgold (a well known spot for quick elopements), but then remembered it is still within Georgia, meaning a marriage certificate should have popped up to WSB's research...of course, they could have been in TN, NC, SC, or AL within a 2 hour drive of Roswell...

JMHO

Westie Mom

I'm a paralegal in Atlanta, and I live in the northern Atlanta suburbs. Anyway - unfortunately, Fulton County courts are one of the counties that do not post documents online for everyone to see (you can see the names of documents, but you cannot open and read the documents). You have to actually go to the courthouse for copies or send in a written request with payment. I looked, and he's charged with 8 offenses (some twice like 2 murders, etc.). I also notice they say he is 5'11 and 118 pounds - that's, like, emaciated!!!

Thanks! I don't post here much and didn't know how to post a screen shot or link.

So. I have Asperger's syndrome. I most certainly do have emotions and actually can get overemotional. This varies by person. I can also get fixated on stuff pretty easily. This doesn't mean I stalk people or am violent. People with autism are a hell of a lot more likely to victims of violent crime rather then perpetrators. I really resent anyone suggesting autism made him do it, as one of his friends suggested to the media.

It's funny, I was misdiagnosed my entire life. In my teens and 20's I started having issues with paranoia and hearing voices. I am very analytical so when this would happen I would have discussion with myself in my head of what I thought or heard and did that make sense. I have suffered from depression since I was 13 and have been taking anti depressants pretty much consistently since then. When I was 30 I was finally fully evaluated. The doctor determined that I had Asperger's and was rule out schizophrenic but he was convinced that someone with aspergers could not be schitzo. This made zero sense to me and my own doctor disagreed. In any case, I take anti-psychotics and no longer have those symptoms.

So yes, you can be both.

Thank you greycoupon! Sadly I see so many posts on this site demonizing mental health issues and diseases, especially Aspergers and Schizophrenia when in truth people who suffer from these disorders are far more likely to be victims of violence than perpetrators of it.

Also, I have no idea what the 13yo neighbor looked like, but while staring is definitely creepy, not all 13yo's look like little girls. At 12, I had the body of a fully grown, physically mature adult woman, and almost no men would have known I wasn't at least 16. Back then, rude staring was more normal I think; it would come off as creepier today, even if the person doing it might have a social disorder that keeps him from realizing he's being a creep (not saying that's the case with JH; I simply don't know).

Just pointing out that there are often multiple ways to view an action. Still praying for the peace of the families who have lost their children. This is such a senseless tragedy.

This girl looked like a 13 year old girl.

Yeah, this particular 13 year old they are talking about looks much younger. She does not look like a teenager.

It could well be that a mixture of his mental health problems plus drugs led to his violent outburst. Psychotic break?

Hello...I've been lurking around this thread but I'm not new to WS. This case is very odd and like all of you, I'm waiting for authorities to release more information so that I can connect some dots. Currently, the information isn't enough to sustain a theory.

Looking at what we do know, I have a few thoughts. I'm very skeptical of the robbery motive that has been sneaking out in small details the past few days. I've tried searching for any criminal records in Hazelwood but I haven't had luck. Robbery seems to me a crime that generally doesn't go from nothing to armed, but that notion relies on past arrests. There is a chance he's never been caught.

Aside from that aspect, I find it highly unlikely somebody (even as young as 20) would see two high school kids as worth robbing, not to mention killing. Kids don't generally have much of value and Hazelwood wasn't that down and out. He had a car and a job so it makes no sense. I feel like maybe he wanted it to appear like a robbery after the fact, and in his panic didn't think it through. I'm even leaning toward him using the stolen atm card in an effort to foster the robbery motive. Clearly, he's not aware that we are almost always on camera these days. Jumper cables? That seems like he was reaching to find something to take. That's almost as absurd as stealing a box of Kleenex from a car. If he actually returned to the soc to take them, that demonstrates fear and recognition that he's just effed up badly. Seems he realized he was in a hole but chose to keep digging out of desperation. I cannot think of another reason one would return to the soc where two dead teenagers are lying in the relative open.

One of my first thoughts when I read about the case was California teenager, Max Wade who was sentenced to life for attempted murder among other charges. His target(s?) was a 17 year old boy he viewed as his rival because he had dated a girl Wade was secretly obsessed with. He stalked the boy and drove up on him and the girl (although he claimed not to know she was present) as they got into the boys car, and he opened fire without saying a word. He fired several rounds into the vehicle but miraculously neither teen was shot. These two teens were also not where their parents believed they were. Nobody could figure out why the kids were targeted and nobody except Wade knew he had been stalking them or that he was desperately in love with the girl. This all played out in an upper class area too. Also, like Hazelwood, Wade was a very troubled young man and high school dropout despite living in one of the wealthiest zip codes in the US. I keep thinking this might be Hazelwood's motive. I noted he has an affinity toward animals and Natalie was a volunteer at a local shelter. To a somewhat alienated young man, something as benign as both liking animals could be grounds for full blown love.

It's clear Hazelwood has some issues but judging by his social media, he WAS in touch with reality. His posts were lucid and nothing stands out as particularly remarkable in any way. Also, I don't see him as a scary drug Lord. He very well may have been involved with drugs but just saying he strikes me as being more a nerdy type than anything else. I'm also taking his "friends" comments to the media with a grain of salt. He seemed way to over eager to insert himself in the situation and he obviously was not a trustworthy friend so I question his motives and words. Just my current thoughts on the case.

If he was stalking Natalie, how would he know she was going out at 2 AM ? Maybe they did this often and he knew it? But why meet at such an ugly place? None of it makes sense

If he was stalking Natalie, how would he know she was going out at 2 AM ? Maybe they did this often and he knew it? But why meet at such an ugly place? None of it makes sense

I'm so baffled by this case. I wish they would release more details. I do think Publix is an odd meeting spot, but it's walking distance from Roswell high school, where the girl attended.

Let me see if this link works......

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Pub...7af2569dd941b6!2m2!1d-84.3810335!2d34.0620201

It's only .3 miles walking from the high school to the Publix, so maybe this was just her normal stomping ground. My high school was located near a Chick Fil A, a grocery store and I think a Babies R Us, and kids would meet in the parking lot of all those places before school, after school, before football games, after sports practice etc.

I don't think he was stalking Natalie or had any clear motive. The video of him in court looks like serious meth or crack withdrawal (though it could certainly be schizophrenia, there are just usually pretty clear signs ahead of time if that was the case). IMO he was out of his mind, maybe they caught him doing something behind the publix and he did something rash and now he will wallow in regret for the rest of his days. I feel really sorry for everyone involved.

I don't think he was stalking Natalie or had any clear motive. The video of him in court looks like serious meth or crack withdrawal (though it could certainly be schizophrenia, there are just usually pretty clear signs ahead of time if that was the case). IMO he was out of his mind, maybe they caught him doing something behind the publix and he did something rash and now he will wallow in regret for the rest of his days. I feel really sorry for everyone involved.

He must have travelled with his shotgun. Catching him doing something weird makes sense.

His height and weight indicate something seriously wrong. Wasn't Adam Lanza super skinny too?

The fact that they both died of 1 gun shot to the head each, makes me think that JH snuck up on them. Otherwise the teenagers would have attempted to run, fight back, etc. Just looking at JH I doubt he was a sniper level shooter. He must have demanded that they get down on the ground or put their arms up, etc. and fired from a very close range....I'm guessing from the back.

I read he was considering joining the National Guard? I know you can't join the military if you have schizophrenia. Maybe he had been off his meds trying to get them out of his system to try and join? Just a thought, although they might check your medical records anyway. I think this might have been jealousy or something like that. There's a 24 hour steak and shake there. There's also a curfew for teenagers. Maybe they parked there out of sight to meet at steak and shake. This Smack High app is a chat room type app. Maybe they had chatted about meeting that night and he saw it - I don't know. Maybe they were all at Waffle House recently and since he was off his meds, and he maybe thought they had been laughing at him or something when they were not. They are probably connected by Waffle House and this Smack app as well as all frequenting the area a lot and being all about the same age. I am thinking this has something to do with misperceptions on JH's part due to not taking his meds as he was supposed to. I have anxiety and am on meds for it. I can tell you that if I even miss 2 days of my meds, I physically feel sick and have tons of strange withdrawal symptoms. I can only imagine what stronger antipsychotic med withdrawal is like. This is all just my thinking out loud. I'm baffled by this whole thing too. I also snuck out as a young teen a few times and my parents never knew. I went stupid places too and never drank or did drugs (until college). It was usually just to hang out or see a boy. Location didn't matter - not in high school. I wouldn't have been behind a grocery store in my mid 20's, but at 14-17 I'd have met anywhere. They could've been meeting up for anything. Starting school the next day (for him), I'm thinking maybe she was sad about something or maybe she told him she really needed to see him. Seems she had been out of the country recently on vacation. Maybe she hadn't seen him in a while and begged him to come see her. Teenagers will do things like sneak out on a school night for stuff like that. They do not think about consequences like we do now. I don't know. Maybe they had met there before and he knew. Def not robbery and I do not think drugs. I think something like a misperception caused by a psychotic episode. He probably is sooooo thin from stopping his meds. Withdrawal can make you have no appetite. He needs to be locked away forever either way. I'm so sick about this whole thing. I have a teenage daughter and can't even imagine the pain of losing a child.

I struggle to post this, as this case just hits home for me. I have a son who suffers with schizophrenia, bipolar, and personality disorders. As a parent to a man who suffers with these issues I can't put into words how much pain these issues bring on to those who love and care for people who suffer.

My son, when medicated properly is the most loving, caring young man. He looks good and is a pleasure to be around. However...

When he gets it in his head to stop taking his medications he goes into a downward spiral. He doesn't sleep, his weight drops, his appearance is disheveled as is his mental state of mind.

It becomes a constant struggle to ensure he has no knives or guns in his possession. (They have ways of getting these things)

Not long ago he had a episode where he became suicidal and homicidal. This episode lead to him going to jail for the night and two felony charges. I tried to explain he was off his medication and mentally ill and he needed to be in a mental health facility, not jail where he would learn how to be a better criminal however the state picked up the charges and now we're dealing with that situation. The following day while he was still in a 24 hour lock down in jail I secured a court order for him to go to a mantal health ward.

He was transfered from the jail to the hospital, even with a court order he was able to check out of the hospital because he is over 18. I still have not received a honest and straight answer of how he could do this when I have a court order. I point this out to show that no matter what steps I've taken to try and keep a horrific situation from happening like we see here, it is a struggle as a parent due to loopholes. I've cried myself to sleep many nights in my child's life and prayed a lot of prayers.

When someone struggles with severe mental illness it is a minute by minute struggle to try and keep them well enough to function without tragedy and destruction. That struggle is even harder when they are not in your home and you cannot keep them there because of their age they can freely choose where to be. In my sons case he is with a family I would prefer him not to be with as they have their own issues and in my opinion he's declined even more since being with them. However my hands are tied as to what I can do, but I still advocate for him daily in any way I can.

I am making this post to point out that even if a family, parent or caregiver is doing everything they can, it's sometimes not enough or near impossible to keep things from happening. I'm sure his grandparents are really uncomfortable right now and are probably questioning what they could have done better or different, feeling guilt and at the same time mourning for all involved parties.

Drugs may or may not play a factor in this, but it's entirely possible they have no part in it. At this point we've not been told what the killer has, if he has at all, said to authorities concerning his "why". Having been around mental illness we have no idea what he perceived as real in the moments leading up to, during and post the commission of his crimes.

While I believe there should be a heavy punishment for his actions there should also be a huge amount of mental health services given to him. I'm not excusing what he has done please do not think that, but at the same time please try to understand and learn more about what lead him to act in such a way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members