The Rumor Mill -- unsubstantiated, yet possible relevant information

Status
Not open for further replies.
driver named Blake. Blake always posted the ads for the girls he drove, and Shannan was no different: busty blue-eyed blonde ready for you,"- Lost Girls , Bob Kolker

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

If Shannon herself did not receive the call from the ad, it could have been a possible set up from Pak to take her there under the pretense is was a call from the ad.

I disagree. That amt of money is for the whole night. At his place. Not a hotel room that was rented.

I don't see why you are disagreeing with me - I agree with what you have just said here.

The issue is however why seasoned professionals would leave their phones. Being promised a fair amount of money doesn't get you to violate your safety protocols.

The phones IMHO are the key to the case.

Robert what evidence do you have that the killer asked the girls not to bring their phones? I have never seen any proof of this. I have read Dave Schaller say Amber was using his phone to talk to the john and he made it sound like amber didn't have a phone at the time she went on a date. Maureen obviously wasn't told to leave her phone. Melissa DEF wasn't told to leave her phone since she took it with her and it was pinging in Massapequa. And I've seen conflicting reports about whether or not megan brought her phone, it sounds like she had more than one. So where is the killer asking them not to bring their phones? How are phones the key to the case?

Whoa.....ok I have skipped ahead and missed some posts (will back read)

I read a post about the thinking LISK may be a deflesher...

If a link has been established that the earliest known victim was Fire Island doe......where does this defleshing theory sit.

Flesh was obviously present to detect the scars mentioned. ...... toenails obviously intact....

Will backread...apologies if I missed something. ........

The "fix" really wasn't about drainage, but more important, most of the time I spent back there was between '04-'08. Kids grow up, dogs pass on.
More info on the "fix" can be found by searching "mosquito ditch".

Another Lost Girls reference to the tidal effect in the marsh:

"It was Monday, December 12, six days into the search, and the commissioner had agreed to see me [Kolker] in his wood-paneled office in Yaphank to discuss the case. As he talked, teams of cops thirty miles away were searching the marsh for Shannan. They knew the window of opportunity was closing, that they had to find her before the tide came in and water bubbled up into the marsh again. Dormer strained to explain why she hadn’t turned up yet. “You know, she’s been out there for over a year and a half, two summers, heading into the second winter,” he said. “It’s a wild area, swampy. People don’t go in there. You need a machete to get through this stuff.”"

I think I may understand the "problem" between us regarding the situation at the Oak Beach Marsh. At least, I hope so lol.

I am not suggesting that water somehow laps into the marsh from the ocean, nor that you'd find yourself sloshing around in standing water at high tide. I am referring to what happens to the water table, which would result in the mud and silt in some spots at the "right" time being easily deep enough to drown an impaired person. And yes, this could hold true on the upper parts of the basin.

And unless you were to go into the marsh at that time you'd never see it from a casual glance.

At the bottom of this snip are the important comments:

..... tidal flats contain deceptively deep mud, and when you are stuck knee deep as the tide rolls in there is nothing more welcomed than a helping hand from a fellow team member. Marshes also have a large appetite for loose-fitting shoes! It is easier to sink your foot into deep mud than it is to pull your foot out, and shoes are often lost if they are not laced tightly. The best types of footwear are knee-high rubber boots or hip waders.

This is from Reddit.

https://m.reddit.com/r/UnresolvedMy...wa/thoughts_on_the_long_island_serial_killer/

If Shannan Gilbert drowned, this is how I theorize it could have happened.

The Oak Beach Marsh is a saltwater tidal marsh and is subject to tides.
Town of Babylon: The Oak Beach marsh, which is under the jurisdiction of the town of Babylon, is the only unditched tidal marsh of any consequence remaining near Long island, and it has great value for research and education.
http://www.nps.gov/fiis/learn/management/upload/FIIS_GMP_1977_RegionalPlanningNeeds_opt.pdf.
Tidal Salt Marshes
Tidal salt marshes form a grassy fringe near river mouths, bays, and along coastlines protected from the open ocean. Ocean tides fill the marsh with salty water and cause the water level to rise and fall twice a day. The marsh is deeper at high tide and shallower at low tide.
http://education.nationalgeographic.org/encyclopedia/marsh/
The Oak Beach Marsh is where Shannan Gilbert's body was found and where LE concluded she drowned. Per Shannan Gilbert's mother, Shannan did not know how to swim.
Saltwater marsh: This forms as a result of tidal activity and is highly saline. These are located by the sea, in river deltas and intertidal zones. They are often covered with grass-like plants rather than bushes or trees. The main issue with crossing this kind of marsh is getting through the grass-like covering. Some marshes can be walked on top if they are thick enough. It is like walking on a trampoline because water is below the vegetative cover. Others you have to pull apart or crawl on your belly. Salt/Brackish water marshes in the South USA are favorites places of Alligators and Water Moccasin snakes, best to avoid and make a lot of noise. If you get bit by a snake here, it will be next to impossible in some cases to rescue you in time due to slow travel. Be careful when crossing open water, you might get caught by an incoming tide and being prepared to swim back if that happens, taking care to avoid riptides, strong currents, or undertows.
Be aware that you can drown in a swamp, marsh, or bog as easily as in any other body of water, even if it's shallow. This is because of the soft nature of the bio-silt beneath these water formations, which can add many more feet to the depth if you sink into it.
http://m.wikihow.com/Walk-in-a-Swamp
It is not out of the ordinary for people get stuck in the mud/muck while hiking through a saltwater marsh. People frequently lose shoes and other articles of clothing.
A Volunteer’s Handbook for Monitoring
New Hampshire’s Salt Marshes
Safety Issues
Salt marshes can be very difficult to walk through. Volunteers must be prepared for all types of conditions. Scorching sun, biting flies, ticks, poison ivy, hip-deep mud, slippery surfaces, and unstable footing can combine to make an uncomfortable experience for unprepared volunteers. Step carefully!
If Shannan Gilbert was unable to extricate herself from even waste deep mud/muck when the tide rolled in, she could have easily drowned.
Estuarine streams and tidal flats contain deceptively deep mud, and when you are stuck knee deep as the tide rolls in there is nothing more welcomed than a helping hand from a fellow team member. Marshes also have a large appetite for loose-fitting shoes! It is easier to sink your foot into deep mud than it is to pull your foot out, and shoes are often lost if they are not laced tightly. The best types of footwear are knee-high rubber boots or hip waders.
http://des.nh.gov/organization/commissioner/pip/publications/wd/documents/wd-04-21.pdf.

Attachments

• Aquatic ducks.jpg
    Aquatic ducks.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 22
Now this one should get a good conversation going. A chum of mine that is into research told me some pretty interesting information. This person said a major player/OB resident may have had two different names. This person provided information to support that. The 'other' person was recorded as dying several years ago while the person I speak of was alive and well. In other words my source is saying this fellow may have faked his own death for whatever reasons. This does happen more than you might think NY Post ran a big article about this in Sunday's paper.

In the obituary and news article where the 'dead' person is written about the name of the fellow of OB is mentioned as an AKA.

The name of the 'dead' person, or the first name is a variation of the other guys name. The second names are entirely different.

It sure makes for interesting reading. BTW, IMHO, that person by virtue of his employment could pull this off in a heartbeatl

Hawk I assume you are speaking of Gus Coletti, since you brought this up before. Do you have a link to the obituary? Remember when fluke attacked Gus in front of the news cameras? Anyone have a video of THAT

Hawk I assume you are speaking of Gus Coletti, since you brought this up before. Do you have a link to the obituary? Remember when fluke attacked Gus in front of the news cameras? Anyone have a video of THAT
thi
LL6 - I have to get you to be my private secretary. I don't remember posting that but I am sure you did if you say so.

I have no idea if Gustav Coletti and AS are one and the same. From what I saw in the docs I think there is reason to explore it further. The articles I read of GC, I learned he was a former insurance fraud investigator. I assume this would give him the necessary knowledge to pull off such a scam. Not saying he did such a thing but it sure is interesting. What, if anything does it mean to the Gilgo murders?

Last edited by a moderator:
Fluke claimed Gus helped the doc commit insurance fraud with his car i think. It wouldn't be very smart for gus to attempt to fake his death, considering he's the witness in a such a high profile case...but perhaps that part of the reason

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed due to wrong individual>

COLETTI - Gustav, of Oak Beach, LI, on March 17, 2015. Beloved husband of Laura Coletti. Devoted father of Kevin, Laura (Mike), Mary and Eileen (Bob). Cherished grandfather of six and great grandfather of one. Dear brother of Mary and Tom. Gustav was a Past President of the Oak Beach Association and a Past President of Nassau-Suffolk Pigeon Club. Reposing at The Fredrick J. Chapey & Sons West Islip Funeral Home, 1225 Montauk Hwy. (1/4 mile west of the Robert Moses Cswy.). Celebration of the Liturgy of Christian Burial Friday 9:45 AM at St. Joseph's RC Church, Babylon, LI. Cremation to follow. Visiting Thursday 2:00 PM until 4:30 PM and 7:00 PM until 9:30 PM. - See more at: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/newsday/obituary.aspx?pid=174422671#sthash.zqGL8rlI.dpuf

Last edited by a moderator:
driver named Blake. Blake always posted the ads for the girls he drove, and Shannan was no different: busty blue-eyed blonde ready for you,"- Lost Girls , Bob Kolker

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Does anyone know exactly who this "Blake" might be? Am I correct in thinking that SG, Diaz, and Pak all work for Ruis (Lace Party/First Prof Ref Service)? If so, maybe Blake worked for Ruis as well?

Also, have we ever determined where Shannan went first (before JB's house)? I found a few more addresses associated with Ruis, and I'm wondering if Shannan was near 232 74th st brooklyn ny, and 571 2nd ave 4B nyc. Not that it matters but I also noticed Ruis associated with Fulco's Ravioli. (Kebabs, pasta and prostitution... interesting work combo)

This article from 2009 about lace party girls - arrest made

Interesting part is it states:

According to the Reporter, the alleged prostitution service was a driver-and-girl operation, rather than a street-walking type. (Just like Shannon and Pak)

The woman's employer was listed in the arrest log as Lace Party Girls and her alias as "Sabrina."

http://www.nj.com/hobokennow/index.ssf/2009/06/arrests_in_alleged_call_girl_s.html

Does anyone know exactly who this "Blake" might be? Am I correct in thinking that SG, Diaz, and Pak all work for Ruis (Lace Party/First Prof Ref Service)? If so, maybe Blake worked for Ruis as well?

Also, have we ever determined where Shannan went first (before JB's house)? I found a few more addresses associated with Ruis, and I'm wondering if Shannan was near 232 74th st brooklyn ny, and 571 2nd ave 4B nyc. Not that it matters but I also noticed Ruis associated with Fulco's Ravioli. (Kebabs, pasta and prostitution... interesting work combo)

If Pak worked for Ruiz it lends credence to the theory she was going to be silenced from testifying

http://hoboken411.com/archives/23285

If Pak worked for Ruiz it lends credence to the theory she was going to be silenced from testifying

I have lots of posts (somewhere) on Ruis and I still think it could be related, but she was a co-defendant and I can't make it add-up. I do not believe Ruis was operating the business on his own (too much $$ involved)... unless SG could testify against others associated with the money laundering/prostitution/etc... what else could she tell authorities for them to want her silenced?? ** And, would they really silence her this way?? (Long Island at JB's place?) Just doesn't make sense... but darned if I haven't tried, lol

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2011/12/18-month_old_mystery_over_shan.html

If you watched 60 Minutes a few months ago you would have seen a whopper of a story how the federal government/Social Security has declared hundreds of thousands of citizens DEAD! Not only are they 'dead" they have a hard time coming back from the grave that they never got to.

Most of you know by now how I got to this Board. I got here because Tom Spota and his consort James Burke framed my son in law. That Burke used his neighbor, Joseph Careccia, a very serious criminal to feed him lies to tell to a jury. I recently found an obituary for Joe Careccia that was posted out of Arizona, near or about 1/18/16. I DON'T BELIEVE IT TO BE TRUE!!!

Careccia pops up in a criminal enterprise ....I find him. Spota protects him. He is into mortgage and bank fraud. I believe I expose him to the Florida authorities. Spota sends him off to Arizona. He opens up a used car business and uses an alias of Joe Colombo.

Check out Careccia's obit and tell me what you think. You should be able to find it if you GOOGLE : Joseph Careccia - Arizona.

Joe made a lot of enemies in his short life of 42 years and now some of them are back in the game. The least of his troubles is me.

If you check this out it MAY give you some idea how and why this can happen - fake deaths.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288