The Rumor Mill -- unsubstantiated, yet possible relevant information

Status
Not open for further replies.
John Ray pleads Not Guilty for Sarra today in court.

http://www.newsday.com/news/region-s...ing-1.12167630

Ray, who has said Shannan Gilbert’s death affected her sister’s mental health, added a new twist Friday, saying Mari Gilbert’s longtime practice of witchcraft also affected Sarra and he plans to use that as part of her defense.

“Mari was a lifetime practitioner of witchcraft and apparently of black magic,” Ray said. “And her children were adversely affected by it, there is no question about it whatsoever. Sarra suffered from terrible delusions about witches, about demons, about voices and such. How can one not connect that to what her mother was doing?”

OMG! I had no idea this even happened! I'm floored.

Justin Canning saw her footprints as well. What about this, why would vybe protect the killer?? Meanwhile, Lorraine Ela, mother of another possible prostitute victim, Megan Waterman, submitted a DNA sample to help investigation determine if one of the bodies is that of her daughter. She also implored her daughter’s imprisoned pimp to talk.

“He knows what happened to her,” she told The Post from her home in Scarborough, Maine.
http://nypost.com/2010/12/16/serial-slay-house-raid/

Meanwhile, Lorraine Ela, mother of another possible prostitute victim, Megan Waterman, submitted a DNA sample to help investigation determine if one of the bodies is that of her daughter. She also implored her daughter’s imprisoned pimp to talk.

“He knows what happened to her,” she told The Post from her home in Scarborough, Maine.

According to the Commanding Officer of all the SCPD Detectives on the Megan Waterman case, Akeem Cruz
does NOT know what happened to Megan as HE WAS NOT THERE. He was in Brooklyn with his boys playing cards.

Read the comment

1617d56fba1117b8dd02355b32a18a66

XXXXXXXAugust 13, 2016 at 6:10 am

Mari DID NOT practice Black Magick. Mari was Wiccan. She practiced White Magick. She and I bonded several years ago over our similar beliefs (I am a Hereditary turned Eclectic Witch). She walked this earth in Light and Love. She gave freely of herself to anyone in need. She was a very positive person. She was a breath of fresh air and if you were lucky enough to know her you felt that. How DARE Mr. Ray depict Mari in this light!

1617d56fba1117b8dd02355b32a18a66

XXXXXXXAugust 13, 2016 at 6:10 am

Mari DID NOT practice Black Magick. Mari was Wiccan. She practiced White Magick. She and I bonded several years ago over our similar beliefs (I am a Hereditary turned Eclectic Witch). She walked this earth in Light and Love. She gave freely of herself to anyone in need. She was a very positive person. She was a breath of fresh air and if you were lucky enough to know her you felt that. How DARE Mr. Ray depict Mari in this light!

Witchcraft is witchcraft. White/black it doesn't matter it is still witchcraft no matter how much someone wants to delude themselves that there is some difference.

Yeah, as someone who has practiced magic for 20 years, I know for a fact that there is a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, "practicing black magic/witchcraft" is *so* not the same thing as being Wiccan. Wicca != Satanism. Two entirely different things.

One last thing and I'm moving on, I think. I can't believe mari's Wicca and magick stuff is coming to quite a shock. <modsnip> I do see 2 things brought up again that does need to be questioned. It is said that on the 911 call Shannan talks of a truck or that she was pulled into a truck. The 911 call needs to be released to dismiss or prove what is said about it. I hope people will continue to pressure for that 911 call to be released. Also the jacket that Gus said Shannaon was wearing is said to have been seen later in Brewers drive way and then later it is gone and no one knows where it is. This has always troubled me. Who saw the jacket and where is it now? I hope someone in LE is able to sift through everything and find things that will help them solve this. With so many out there turning this into their own personal game it can't be easy for those who are trying to solve this (FBI, etc).

<modsnip>I will certainly agree that her attorney certainly turned on her on the drop of a dime. Its is irrelevant whether she practiced white, black or orange magic because I don't really see what bearing it has on the solving the case.

What I do see is her so called inner circle as a treacherous bunch.

I will certainly agree that her attorney certainly turned on her on the drop of a dime. Its is irrelevant whether she practiced white, black or orange magic because I don't really see what bearing it has on the solving the case.

What I do see is her so called inner circle as a treacherous bunch.

For those of us who don't know

Who or what was her inner circle?

Isn't Ray just using Mari's magic-related practices/beliefs as part of Sarra's defense? If so, then I would assume (at this point) it has nothing to do with SG's death, nor the case against Hackett.

ETA; I've been around WS a few years... I don't think "exiles" (per ZD's post) is a WS-exclusive term. Also, I'm not sure exactly what it means, nor have I any clue if I am, or I am not one of them :D

For those of us who don't know

Who or what was her inner circle?

Her Attorney who is now representing her daughter Sarra- he already said she was schizophrenic and off her meds so there was no need to add this other element trashing Mari to his insanity plea. People coming back from her funeral speaking of her doing witchcraft with the Oakbeach people. etc. It has no bearing on the case other than to throw mud on a woman's name who had a rough life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea