KS KS - Lori Heimer 57, murdered in her Saline County home, 25 Jun 2016

@ 155-- Two cars being parked in front of a house, should be a sign that more then one person could be home, to a stranger. That is even more reason for me to think this was not a stranger that they knew those cars were always there even if Lori was home alone. I didn't know there was two cars at her home at the time of the killing. Thanks for pointing that out, that is info I was not aware of.

@ 156--- That s the whole point, no one knows what time she was showing the puppy, the husband was there at 11:00 am. She could of showed the puppies at noon, 1 pm, 2 pm. She was killed at 3:00 pm..that is what neighbors are saying. Maybe the person came at 5 pm to see the puppies and she never answered the doors because she was dead, so they left. Maybe she really didn't have an appointment and just didn't want to go to the bbq but didn't want to tell her friend that, and just said hey I will be there later. If the LE knows she did show those dogs, than they should have a suspect, which they don't and that discusses me. They need to get whoever did this off the streets they are indeed a danger to society. The people seing the dog had to make a call or email, the police should have a suspect if that was the case. Instead they are asking the person that had an appointment to see a dog of Loris to contact them, why? or if someone know of a person who was going to see one of her dogs, contact them. With technology, computers emails fb and cell phone cals, they should know who was coming to see the dog. Lori should of had an appointment book, and had them penciled in somewhere she was a business women. Did she not tell her husband "I have someone coming over at "say" 3 today to look at a dog". Was there no communication with anyone other then a lady giving the bbq saying " she has to show a dog. You say there was two cars parked at Loris houses, maybe the killers were driving up and down the road debating if she was alone, and that could be why this so called person seen the trucks so well, well that should of raised a red flag if two trucks are driving back and forth like that. If the BBQ was in the evening and she was killed at 3:00 pm, from the people looking at the dog. why if all would of been good, with the showing of the dogs, would she be late going to the BBQ if it was in the evening. So why would she tell her friend she would be late. None of that makes any sense..to say her friend called her and Lori said she would be late, the Bbq was in the evening, so was she going to show those dogs late in the afternoon towards evening. like say 5:00 pm ........no one knows what time she was showing a dog

Reactions: GRT
sorry read your comment wrong and thought you said late for the bbq, my whole point is if Lori had an apt to show a dog, I think it would of been marked somewhere written down. How come no one knows what time she was showing the dogs? Mr jones 2:30 25th, surely she keep some type of records and an apt book. maybe in her cell phone in the calendar, maybe she set a reminder note in her phone.

If the person who wanted to see the dogs and called from a cell phone, it could have been a trachphone. You do not have to register your phone, it is up to you. I registered mine, simply because I have nothing to hide, and, they will send out coupon booklets or specials they have if your phone is registered. Either the phone was not registered or a fictitious name was given.

I agree. The details of how she died is not important.. What should be told though to the public is were any of the dogs taken? Was there a robbery? Was she able to scratch the person? With clues like this - it would actually maybe jog someone's memory of like "hey, so & so had a dog for sale right after this happened" or "hey, so & so had his face & arms all scratched up around that time" or "hey - so & so never had any money but when that woman was killed - all of a sudden he had money"... These are the details that should be given out.. Not the gory details that I'm sure even the family doesn't want to think about..
I agree that LE should be divulging some information publicly so that the public could possibly help LE solve this crime.
Were dogs stolen? Was money stolen? Was there a struggle and did Lori fight back? Would the perp(s) have obvious injuries?

A few days after Lori's death, it was reported that LE found plenty of forensic evidence on the scene. That doesn't seem to be an issue. The issue is obviously they haven't been able to match it to anyone yet. And I still think whoever gave the description of the PU's must have taken notice of them because they were probably driving up and down the road trying to figure out if she was alone. After all, there were two cars parked in front of the house. She sold her puppies for a pretty penny, and I still think this was a robbery gone bad.
BBM
I’m not recalling “there were two cars parked in front of the house”. And I couldn’t find that detail in searching by key words. Do you have a link for that? TIA.

All the pics from the day of the murder show two cars in the driveway. I think it's safe to assume Lori's husband didn't drive across the street to finish the day's work. They have no kids still living at home, so both cars probably belong to the two of them.

I agree. The details of how she died is not important.. What should be told though to the public is were any of the dogs taken? Was there a robbery? Was she able to scratch the person? With clues like this - it would actually maybe jog someone's memory of like "hey, so & so had a dog for sale right after this happened" or "hey, so & so had his face & arms all scratched up around that time" or "hey - so & so never had any money but when that woman was killed - all of a sudden he had money"... These are the details that should be given out.. Not the gory details that I'm sure even the family doesn't want to think about..
I respectfully disagree. What happened in that house that afternoon? How was she killed?
Was is a single gun shot to the head? Was she raped? Was she strangled? Did she put up a fight? Was she attacked from behind? I understand why they don't want to tell us all the details
but still....I'd want to know.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

If the person who wanted to see the dogs and called from a cell phone, it could have been a trachphone. You do not have to register your phone, it is up to you. I registered mine, simply because I have nothing to hide, and, they will send out coupon booklets or specials they have if your phone is registered. Either the phone was not registered or a fictitious name was given.
But if the PD has a number, and even though it may be a burner phone, can't they identify the phone and where it was bought? And a tower dump would be helpful as well. Where else was the # used and what time. What other #'s were called on that phone?

Where is the Cracker Barrel located?

Maybe it was someone she just met (like a Cracker Barrel ) and made an oral agreement to meet them at her home at a certain time to have them stop by to look at the pups? It may well have been a crime of opportunity turned horribly wrong.

I can't help but think these perp's have their DNA already on a central database.

All of the above takes time to process.

All the pics from the day of the murder show two cars in the driveway. I think it's safe to assume Lori's husband didn't drive across the street to finish the day's work. They have no kids still living at home, so both cars probably belong to the two of them.
I think that any photos taken and posted online of the house and cars would have been taken after LE arrived on the scene. So we don’t know if a car in the photo was actually LE unmarked car. It could be Lori and her husband only owned one car, especially with Lori working primarily out of her home, and if her husband just walked across the street to work in the fields.

Here is the MSM story about the woman distributing fliers, who "has been astonished at the lack of knowledge of the murder":
http://salina.com/news/local/local-...cle_50f494cc-349d-5486-b74f-17c2ae6634f8.html
Local woman helping in search for killer
Updated Aug 10, 2016
[…]
When Spratlen noticed a posting on a Heimer family member’s Facebook page on the morning after Lori was killed, Spratlen, 60, a retired para-educator, offered help.
“I’ve got the time, and I’ve got the heart to want to do it,” Spratlen said. “It seemed like they needed help.” […]
The Heimer family initiated the production of small and large posters that Spratlen — with her loyal Chihuahua, Pogo, tucked away in a handbag — has been placing under windshield wipers and posting on windows and bulletin boards. […]
“I’ve hit every truck stop, gas station, pawn shop, bar and homeless shelter,” Spratlen said. “Some places won’t allow them, and then I say, ‘I know you have a break room’ and they put one there.”
During her day trips, she has been astonished at the lack of knowledge of the murder. […]

@ glf---Just don't get me wrong, it very well could of been someone to see a dog. Yes, your correct one of those prepaid phones, means their would be no info on the owner if they didn't register it. If like you said earlier or may have been someone else. If they have DNA but know one to match it to, that does mean one thing for sure. That is that the prep is not in the Dna database, which also means they are not a felony, since all felonies have to register their dna when they are put on corrections. So that tells me the person that did do this, " if they do have DNA" probably has never been in serious trouble before. I feel so sorry for the daughters, I can't imagine that happening to my loved one. Hoe you get on with your everyday routine and move on after what happened. Wow I think to myself if this is a stranger, everyone in their or his. hers bath is in danger and they need to get that person now. I find myself putting myself in Loris place, what would I do. Sometimes its hard for me to go to sleep at night, in fear someone could get into my house, and I need to be prepared. Gosh please if someone is going to kill me so be it, but the other stuff was just horrifying,enough keep anyone awake at night. I wish the police would release some details, I would like to be aware of someone that might have a dog like ne of hers. I don't know it's just a crying shame there has been no leads or arrest in her case of of today. @ FLORIDAN----I feel the LE does need the public's help, and how can the public help when we know nothing, such as anything stolen, they

may try to sale, or a dog they may have that someone may see.

Cracker-barrel is in Salina, probably a 10-15 minute drive for Lori. What could possibly be gained if the cops can identify the tower calls were made from, or where and when the phone was bought, if there were no cameras in the store? Phone probably ended up in a lake somewhere, or tossed out the window on one of the hwy's.

I agree that more info out there might be a good thing in helping find the killers. Also, if they can't match DNA samples, then obviously they haven't done anything like this before. Which really isn't saying much, because every killer starts with the first victim. Not everybody is killed by a repeat offender.
Yes, I can only imagine how hard this is on her family, and I hope I never have something like this ever happen in my family. This should never happen to anybody, and I hope and pray for her family that they can begin to heal, although that may not be possible for quite awhile, especially since nobody has been arrested.

P.S. it's nice this woman wants to help, but in doing so, I don't think she should be sharing all the details with anyone who will listen. With the police deliberately holding back details of the murder, there must have been a good reason.

@ 173--- Yes, my point was her posting on FB and it being public was not wise to say she wanted cash. Yes so if someone else read that, they would think she is dealing in cash, she must have cash on her. By know means was I thinking the person the Cracker Barrel had anything to do with this, it was just a thought of her posting cash only.

@ 168--- Yes, so would I , do I believe the neighbor passing out flyers? From what my MIL said and what a another neighbor personally told me matches what the other neighbor told my MIL. I won't repeat on the public forum of what all was told. I find it to gruesome. My husband is ole school, he says he don't believe any of what was told, he said the police will let people know if that really happened. I asked my husband, lets say for sake of arguments , that really did happen the way the neighbors are saying. I asked , who do you think could do all those awful things to he?. He says if it is like what you said, it would have be be someone she knew personally.

I know you weren't blaming the person at Cracker-barrel for her murder. And she probably shouldn't have put her cash only policy on FB. But, two people (buyer, seller) meet to give a puppy a new home, should know beforehand that the buyer should bring cash. I don't do FB, because I feel the majority of people get on there and argue and make scenes for the whole world to be a party to. I hate moma drama. It's stupid.

@ glf--- that is what I told my MIL, when she first told me the sickening details, I told her oh how would that person know all that, then she said it was Loris neighbor handing out flyers. I told her that is so wrong for all those details to be exposed, usually they don't want that info out, that way if someone does say something, that they should not know, they could have inside info of the crime. My husband doesn't believe a word of it it's just so sickening he doesn't believe it. He also said the family should of made sure to keep that info to themselves, that if that happened to me he would not of told anyone. He doesn't believe the family would of told anyone.

If she was part of my family, or just a good friend, I know I wouldn't want a neighbor telling people all the details of her death. Just as I wouldn't want somebody telling the details around town if I were ever a victim of a horrible death. Some things are just meant to be kept private.

@ 168--- Yes, so would I , do I believe the neighbor passing out flyers? From what my MIL said and what a another neighbor personally told me matches what the other neighbor told my MIL. I won't repeat on the public forum of what all was told. I find it to gruesome. My husband is ole school, he says he don't believe any of what was told, he said the police will let people know if that really happened. I asked my husband, lets say for sake of arguments , that really did happen the way the neighbors are saying. I asked , who do you think could do all those awful things to he?. He says if it is like what you said, it would have be be someone she knew personally.
It sounds like your hubby has good sense. However, I don't necessarily think that it was someone she knew personally.
I think information about bad blood between neighbors and or family would have come out by now. But, it could be someone who passes the house on a regular basis and knows her schedule to some degree.

Have they asked the neighbors and/or family for voluntary DNA swabs?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramada.williams.gc@gmail.