GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
SS may have also investigated the incident due to it being the robbery of an unsuspecting couple selected at random, dancinunderthemoon, imo.
We discussed this back in May of 2014 on the other thread/s, but most of the msm articles have aged off. I found an article that provides info on the AA perps; Southside Posse gang, who committed the random attempted armed robbery.

_____

Macon men in bulletproof vests who dubbed themselves the Southside Posse were the bandits in a late-May shootout that left three dead, a Bibb County sheriff’s investigator testified Friday.

At a commitment hearing for one of the men, Vincent “White Boy” Lewis, the investigator told how the alleged gunmen conspired to rob a man and woman in a car on Fairburn Avenue May 29/2014.

But the robbery spiraled into a 3:30 a.m. hail of bullets. The man and woman in the car were killed, as was one of the robbers, who was shot when the woman in the car opened fire with a 9mm pistol, authorities have said.

Lewis, 36, who at the end of Friday’s hearing was bound over to Bibb Superior Court, is charged with three counts of felony murder and one count of aggravated assault.

He and two other men in the case are in the Bibb jail, all on similar charges. A fourth suspect in the slayings, Lewis “Bear” Cheney, 30, remained at large Friday.

Investigators have said Cheney planned the caper but didn’t ride along on the failed stickup.

Investigator Harris said Cheney knew where Jarrell lived and “that she always carried a large sum of money.”

Harris added that “Lewis and his posse” were “known throughout the southside community (for) robbing people.”

Read more here: http://www.macon.com/news/local/article30133455.html#storylink=cpy
There are no similarities between the McDermond murders and the Southside Posse that I can see. No guns, no burglary....nothing of value taken at the McDermond residence except for a head and
a body.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

I Can't believe this case is still unsolved. I am beginning to get some kind of conspiracy ideas rattling around my head. Like they know who did this, but those individuals are somehow necessary for a larger gain. Oh my. So sad.

I Can't believe this case is still unsolved. I am beginning to get some kind of conspiracy ideas rattling around my head. Like they know who did this, but those individuals are somehow necessary for a larger gain. Oh my. So sad.

Zuri, after over two years without a clue, conspiracy theories trump silence, imo.. Care to share?

Zuri, after over two years without a clue, conspiracy theories trump silence, imo.. Care to share?

I am not very good at expressing theories, but here goes:

Gang Initiation? Or gang related? Undercover LE members/organizations seeking larger arrests?
Perpetrators have immunity?

I decided to ask a friend who is an experienced detective and worked a few homicides this is what he said about the case. He's not connected to this case as he lives in the Northeast. He told me the case screams either Rage or Revenge. He even thinks it's someone close to the family or someone who worked for the family. He said if he was a betting man he'd bet on a family member. He also says the department by now has a good idea who did this it's just a matter of dotting the I's and crossing the Ts. He is going to look into it more in the coming weeks so i'll let you know what he says.

I decided to ask a friend who is an experienced detective and worked a few homicides this is what he said about the case. He's not connected to this case as he lives in the Northeast. He told me the case screams either Rage or Revenge. He even thinks it's someone close to the family or someone who worked for the family. He said if he was a betting man he'd bet on a family member. He also says the department by now has a good idea who did this it's just a matter of dotting the I's and crossing the Ts. He is going to look into it more in the coming weeks so i'll let you know what he says.
Somewhere amongst all these threads was a remark from a GBI agent (a verified insider?) that this "was a hit". (His avatar almost looked like a business card and he only posted once).

It sure seems like a hit. I read in an article that Sills interviewed a family member who broke down during questioning but he says ( I don't believe him ) nothing panned out. Why interview someone twice and on the 2nd interview they break down and still say nothing panned out. If I remember the article correctly it was a female he interviewed not sure if it was the daughter. I will try to find the article as I have saved so many about this case it might take a while.

I haven't visited the Dermonds story in awhile but have had them on my mind for the last several days. I still hold to my original theory. I think this was a thrill-kill or maybe perhaps one or more of the Dermonds pissed off (excuse the vulgarity, but not sure how else to say it) some mentally unstable individual, most likely totally unwittingly, having no idea that they had angered or aroused the attention of some monster. I have thought from the beginning that the perp. was a part-time resident of a lake home or a recreational user of the lake. I worry that this individual is still "out there" and that he will eventually kill again. I think he has moved on to some other area and is no longer in the vicinity. This is of course just my opinion. I do believe in monsters, and I can't shake this feeling that the Dermonds were nothing but prey to their killer.

I have been thinking of some things maybe they could lead to something or at least something for the police to focus more on.

Everyone who went there knew there was a security camera at the gate yet they never mentioned if the residents were told the security camera was inoperable due to a storm a month earlier. Did anyone know? if so who? Lets say nobody knew and this might explain why they might have come by boat instead of car. How did the murderers know the Dermonds didn't have video cameras of their own? Why didn't they fix the camera at the gate after the storm? This baffles me because this isn't a poor community these are homes worth over 500k. How much could it possibly cost and you can't tell me they didn't have the money to fix this it's probably so inexpensive they probably didn't even have to vote on it.

Why was the house not robbed of anything? My theory is if this was a mob hit they certainly would have found something of value in there to steal. Mobsters are crooks and can't resist taking something of value besides they would be smart enough to set it up as a robbery gone bad- Lets rule out mafia hit- Who would gain from killing 2 elderly people? Family is 1 as i'm sure the Dermonds had a sizeable life insurance policy maybe one of their kids needed the money. Lets rule out the family and try another route. Business partner or former employee. I could see a former employee being suspected and that might explain the beheading since beheading is a sign of anger. Lets rule out an ex employee though since there were never any threats made against the Dermonds. An angry person would almost certainly make threats or harass them before he does something like this. This brings me back to a family member or a close relative or friend. All of them would have knowledge of the area and know they had a camera at the gate and they'd have to do this by boat. Was this drug addicts? Doubtful since the house was very cleaned and nothing was taken. Apparently the fibers, dna, and fingerprints the police recovered and I assume ran through the system told them this was a person who hasn't been in the system before since the evidence was a no hit in the system. Could this be a 1st timer who has the skill of pulling off the perfect double murder without leaving any evidence? I doubt it nobody just starts out murdering people especially elderly people they didn't know. Maybe they thought the couple had money? Maybe but when they couldn't get any money from them I would think they would find something of value in the house to steal afterall they're after money right?

Part 2 tomorrow stay tuned. would love to hear your thoughts

Here's the link about the family member. There was never any future interview that tells us about the former employee which I find odd http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/exclusive-sheriff-has-person-interest-murder-behea/53884408

I like the last line of the clip I've provided from your link. (BBM)

"Now, the sheriff says he has the name of another former employee he plans to interview.

Sills says this person of interest is not deterring efforts to find other potential suspects.

He says when they do, they have both physical and forensic evidence to compare to that person."

I like the last line of the clip I've provided from your link. (BBM)

"Now, the sheriff says he has the name of another former employee he plans to interview.

Sills says this person of interest is not deterring efforts to find other potential suspects.

He says when they do, they have both physical and forensic evidence to compare to that person."
I can't help but think Sheriff Sills is grasping at straws. That article was written in May of 2015.

Has anyone else been following the recent home evasion case in Meriwether County which is only about 90 miles west of Putnam County?
The 83 yo lady was severely beaten and set on fire and is now hospitalized in critical condition. Over a period of one week, five perps have now been arrested and more may come. This was accomplished by reaching out to the public and other agencies. Good job, Sheriff!

This is the type of crime I am thinking may have happened in the Dermond case.

http://fox59.com/2016/08/08/elderly-woman-brutally-beaten-with-gun-set-on-fire-during-home-invasion/
http://meriwethercountysheriff.org/
http://www.wtoc.com/story/32723542/...o-elderly-womans-assault-during-home-invasion

Has anyone else been following the recent home evasion case in Meriwether County which is only about 90 miles west of Putnam County?
The 83 yo lady was severely beaten and set on fire and is now hospitalized in critical condition. Over a period of one week, five perps have now been arrested and more may come. This was accomplished by reaching out to the public and other agencies. Good job, Sheriff!

http://fox59.com/2016/08/08/elderly-woman-brutally-beaten-with-gun-set-on-fire-during-home-invasion/
http://www.wtoc.com/story/32723542/...o-elderly-womans-assault-during-home-invasion
Unfortunately, I think this happens quite frequently. A few people get in the home of the elderly on the pretext of helping and then rob them. And sometimes these perp's return more than once and if these intruders are given any grief by the home owner, it is easy to hurt them.

I just don't see it with the McDermonds, however. Nothing was taken from the home. I believe Mrs. D's wallet was left
in plain site.

And I know people are going to climb all over me on this, but both McDermonds appeared to be killed first with a blunt object to the head. I am hoping neither was alive to suffer through the rest of what happened.

So, if it was a home invasion why not take what was so easily available? Why take Mr. D's. head and then take Mrs. D's body out and into the lake. It seems like an awful lot of "work" for no obvious monetary gain (from the elder McDermonds, anyway). Unless, of course, they were getting paid big bucks to (sorry, no easy way to say this) get rid of the McDermonds. In other words, a "clean hit".

That's just it, nothing was amiss at the house! The total purpose was to murder them! No other motive but murder, or so it appears!

I have been thinking of some things maybe they could lead to something or at least something for the police to focus more on.

Everyone who went there knew there was a security camera at the gate yet they never mentioned if the residents were told the security camera was inoperable due to a storm a month earlier. Did anyone know? if so who? Lets say nobody knew and this might explain why they might have come by boat instead of car. How did the murderers know the Dermonds didn't have video cameras of their own? Why didn't they fix the camera at the gate after the storm? This baffles me because this isn't a poor community these are homes worth over 500k. How much could it possibly cost and you can't tell me they didn't have the money to fix this it's probably so inexpensive they probably didn't even have to vote on it.

Why was the house not robbed of anything? My theory is if this was a mob hit they certainly would have found something of value in there to steal. Mobsters are crooks and can't resist taking something of value besides they would be smart enough to set it up as a robbery gone bad- Lets rule out mafia hit- Who would gain from killing 2 elderly people? Family is 1 as i'm sure the Dermonds had a sizeable life insurance policy maybe one of their kids needed the money. Lets rule out the family and try another route. Business partner or former employee. I could see a former employee being suspected and that might explain the beheading since beheading is a sign of anger. Lets rule out an ex employee though since there were never any threats made against the Dermonds. An angry person would almost certainly make threats or harass them before he does something like this. This brings me back to a family member or a close relative or friend. All of them would have knowledge of the area and know they had a camera at the gate and they'd have to do this by boat. Was this drug addicts? Doubtful since the house was very cleaned and nothing was taken. Apparently the fibers, dna, and fingerprints the police recovered and I assume ran through the system told them this was a person who hasn't been in the system before since the evidence was a no hit in the system. Could this be a 1st timer who has the skill of pulling off the perfect double murder without leaving any evidence? I doubt it nobody just starts out murdering people especially elderly people they didn't know. Maybe they thought the couple had money? Maybe but when they couldn't get any money from them I would think they would find something of value in the house to steal afterall they're after money right?

Part 2 tomorrow stay tuned. would love to hear your thoughts

I haven't been on this thread in a while but came to see if there was any updates and sadly there's not :gaah: hockeyguy33 you've got some great points. I see your comments on another thread and always enjoy reading your perspective! I think this murder was very close and very personal and have always had my thoughts on possibly who may be involved. This case just totally baffles me! I sure wish they'd arrest someone so we could all finally know who committed this horrible crime against this couple.

OMG! Why torture an 83 yo woman, or anyone for that matter? Why? What purpose does this serve?
This is just plain evil hate done by evil animals who serve no purpose on this earth but to lie, cheat, steal, hate and more than likely kill for no reason. I am fuming mad right now I could spit nails.
What has happened to this generation that has turned so many into no good lazy animals who have no respect for their parents, elders, peers, LE and think they are entitled to anything and everything without working one day in their sorry pathetic lives?! JMO
Sorry for my o/t rant.

Prayers for Dorothy Dow and her family. I pray she can somehow get through this and heal. More than likely she has her faith on her side along with goodness, love and JUSTICE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haven't been on here in forever due to RL situations. Checking in for any new updates, but I see nothing has been resolved.
I've had nothing to do but lay in this bed and obsess over 'my cases'.
I know at one time we all agreed that the perp(s) arrived and left by boat. I have always believed that this was a well planned crime.
According to my favorite real life homicide detective, Lt. Joe Kenda, there are 3 motives for homicide.
1.Sex
2.Money
3.Revenge.
I'm going to go ahead and rule out sex, because I really don't want that visual in my head. That leaves money and revenge. As far as the public knows, nothing in the house was disturbed. If this was your run of the mill home invasion ****, the house would have been a mess and anything of value would have been taken. That was not the case. So, who would profit from the Dermonds death? In other words, follow the money. But since we are not allowed to speculate about the family, I'll leave that be. So, that leaves revenge. Who in the world could want these sweet grandparents dead? I have no idea. I do believe that Mr. Dermond was the intended target and Mrs. Dermond was collateral damage. That is IF revenge was the motive..
Just some thoughts to ponder. I'll try to be back later for more thoughts. Still trying to master this "speech to text" app.
I have missed my WS family and applaud all who are still here for the Dermonds.

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members