What do Burke's interviews tell us?

Steve Thomas posited that the reason the coroner reported 'vaginal trauma' instead of 'sexual abuse' was because the injuries could have stemmed from the vigorous wiping of JonBenet by Patsy. An angry response to JB's bed wetting, etc.

Steve Thomas posited that the reason the coroner reported 'vaginal trauma' instead of 'sexual abuse' was because the injuries could have stemmed from the vigorous wiping of JonBenet by Patsy. An angry response to JB's bed wetting, etc.

AndHence,
Yet the forensic evidence does not corroborate that vigorous wiping was the cause of the vaginal trauma since other forensic analysis suggest that assault with an external instrument might be relevant"

Autopsy: Microscopic Examination of Vaginal Mucosa
3. Birefringent Material. "A small number of red blood cells is present on the eroded surface, as is birefringent foreign material." (Definition and examples of birefringent materials are here).

As suggested here and corroborated from an external source JonBenet's internal injuries are multiple not singular, suggesting a typical sexual motive?

I don't see why John would go along with protecting Patsy unless she also had something on him.

The negative publicity might damage his business? It may have been momentary rage as ST suggests and knowing this JR realizes that seeing that Patsy is "punished" doesn't bring JBR back to life and leaves BR motherless?

The negative publicity might damage his business? It may have been momentary rage as ST suggests and knowing this JR realizes that seeing that Patsy is "punished" doesn't bring JBR back to life and leaves BR motherless?

I don't know. If my husband killed one of our kids, I don't think I'd want him to continue "fathering" the rest.

You know, while it would make the situation more reasonable, in a sense, I just cannot accept that BR did anything to his sister. He was only 9. That is so young.

The older brother makes more sense, but he had an alibi.

It had to have been someone else. I wish it was an intruder. That would be so much better. I do find it odd though, that all these years later, with Patsy dead and gone, that JR shows zero interest in finding his daughter's killer.

You know, while it would make the situation more reasonable, in a sense, I just cannot accept that BR did anything to his sister. He was only 9. That is so young.

The older brother makes more sense, but he had an alibi.

It had to have been someone else. I wish it was an intruder. That would be so much better. I do find it odd though, that all these years later, with Patsy dead and gone, that JR shows zero interest in finding his daughter's killer.

Red Viewfinde.
I so agree with you, i would like it to be JDI or an intruder but the evidence suggests otherwise, of course any family member wants this to go away, as gone, beyond recall. Its one of those cases that will live forever, alike the Jack the Ripper murders, precisely because everyone thinks they know who did it?

I've have never thought that Burke could have killed her, and I don't think so now - but I do believe that him having Asperger's is very likely. People with Asperger's are actually very often extremely intelligent, the differences are mainly in social interaction and ways of expressing themselves. I have known six different children with Asperger's - in a range of how "severe", or obvious, it seemed. All of the ones that I knew past toddler age were very smart kids. From the way he is supposed to have spoken in that interview and other things I've read, I think this would explain a lot. I also know one little boy now about the age Burke was when JonBenet was killed who is having issues with soiling and his parents have actually been told by doctors that it may be related to his Asperger's (though I am of the opinion it may be a power play from a very spoiled, stubborn kid - which could also fit with Burke, perhaps?). I wouldn't discount that both children were sexually abused either, but this is another possibility. If RAD is the issue, that can often be a result of abuse in very early childhood as well, but I honestly don't feel that RAD fits. Asperger's makes a lot more sense to me.

In addition, I've known a couple little boys that age who would have spoken of liking that their mother gave them hugs and kisses. Nine is still very young, and some children can seem young for their age as well. But also, I think this could easily be a kid, as someone mentioned, who is afraid of being taken away from his parents. He could have easily picked up on the police suspecting them and been trying to avoid being taken away, hence insisting he feels safe with his parents and talking about how affectionate his mother is. And again, based on my experience with children, I don't feel like anything confirmed about Burke really indicates JonBenet was in any danger from him. Kids accidentally hurt each other sometimes, it happens, I've got a kid in my family who accidentally hurt his little brother in a very similar incident (he was playing tee-ball and his little brother walked up just as he swung) but otherwise would never have harmed a hair on the little one's head and is an extremely caring and protective brother.

Did Patsy have JonBenet's hair dyed??? Someone mentioned that she had previously been a brunette before the pagents.

Did Patsy have JonBenet's hair dyed??? Someone mentioned that she had previously been a brunette before the pagents.

Vi0l3tt3,
Patsy described her hair as naturally sun bleached, etc with occasional tints, but others assume that's Patsy talk for dyed hair.

Yes. she did. She tried to get it done at a hair salon but when the stylist refused Patsy began purchasing DIY kits. My (personal) theory is this could have caused much of the screaming in the bathroom rather than the speculated corporal punishment.

Yes. she did. She tried to get it done at a hair salon but when the stylist refused Patsy began purchasing DIY kits. My (personal) theory is this could have caused much of the screaming in the bathroom rather than the speculated corporal punishment.

Does hair bleach really burn the scalp that badly? Or are you saying that JB was just too impatient to keep sitting through it?

The only thing I'd say either way is that it probably wasn't just screaming that was heard, but possibly blows landing. Who knows except those who were there?

Does hair bleach really burn the scalp that badly? Or are you saying that JB was just too impatient to keep sitting through it?

The only thing I'd say either way is that it probably wasn't just screaming that was heard, but possibly blows landing. Who knows except those who were there?

I've never bleached my hair, but I've dyed it many times, and helped my younger sister bleach part of her hair. I've heard that bleach can hurt, but I know that bleaches and dyes have really, really strong chemical smells that I could see a small child throwing a bit of a tantrum over. It's not very pleasant to have on your hair, and I could understand why a five/six year old would hate it.

I've never bleached my hair, but I've dyed it many times, and helped my younger sister bleach part of her hair. I've heard that bleach can hurt, but I know that bleaches and dyes have really, really strong chemical smells that I could see a small child throwing a bit of a tantrum over. It's not very pleasant to have on your hair, and I could understand why a five/six year old would hate it.

Thanks, B00kw0rm. And from what we know about JB's feisty nature, sounds like it could get tense.

FrankieB,
BBM: makes so much sense. Excellent observation. Of course bleach hurts, it burns the skin, and for a child having to sit still and endure that will have been unbearable.

Hair bleaching should not be painful or cause a child to scream. I've bleached and colored my hair for over 30 years (since my teens) and have never had burns or even red spots from it, even bleaching I did myself at home. If Patsy was applying it improperly or leaving it too long, then I could imagine it burning somewhat.

Screaming may have been due not liking her hair brushed. I used to throw terrible tantrums as a kid when my mom would do my hair because it was so long and fine and tangly. Or if Patsy was using a frosting cap to bleach her hair, the metal hook you use to reach through the cap and pull hair out of the holes can be fairly painful even when done in a salon.

A kid JBRs age should not have had to endure hair bleaching or sitting for that long or smelling the strong fumes from the product, though. I can't imagine a mom letting a child younger than the teen years have her hair bleached.

Children's skin is thinner than an adults and could be very sensitive.

Children's skin is thinner than an adults and could be very sensitive.

Oh, I know, I wasn't denying that it could have hurt her, I even said that I had heard it can hurt. I was just saying that even if it wasn't hurting her, the process itself is unpleasant and would probably upset a child that young.

Maybe I'am wrong here but Iam pretty sure from the preview i seen about Burke and him being on the Dr Phil show . In one preview Phil even says Have you ever talked about that night to anyone other then your parents and on the preview Burke says NO ..So im curious as to what this whole thread is talking about as it states what do burkes interviews tell us.. How can anyone awnser that as of yet ..I know i live in Canada and there are time changes but as far as i know its only a differance in hours from across the world so unless iam here on august 22 2016 ...maybe some of you are living in another place in the world and your allready in to the second week of september then i would understand but i dont believe your a month ahead of us canadians EH ..so how can u talk about something that hasn't happend yet ...

If any of the solutions got in JB's eyes, that would certainly rate screaming.

Maybe I'am wrong here but Iam pretty sure from the preview i seen about Burke and him being on the Dr Phil show . In one preview Phil even says Have you ever talked about that night to anyone other then your parents and on the preview Burke says NO ..So im curious as to what this whole thread is talking about as it states what do burkes interviews tell us.. How can anyone awnser that as of yet ..I know i live in Canada and there are time changes but as far as i know its only a differance in hours from across the world so unless iam here on august 22 2016 ...maybe some of you are living in another place in the world and your allready in to the second week of september then i would understand but i dont believe your a month ahead of us canadians EH ..so how can u talk about something that hasn't happend yet ...

Burke was interviewed by police as a child. I believe there were three interviews, one when he was nine just after her death and two at eleven, but I might have the ages mixed up. There are some transcripts from these interviews that have been released, but as of right now, the video has never been publicly seen. However, both the Dr. Phil and In Case Of specials claim to have the video and plan to show it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back