JAR's semen on the blanket in a suitcase in the basement

Patsy is linguistically Southern -- Inaudible could include the term "fetch" and possibly even "Fleet fetch 2" rather than "to?"

Meanwhile, my use of Southern English has failed me, what does Patsy mean by "taking hiding?" Tornado siren, used that area as a storm shelter? Taking a hiding occurs after serious infraction of household rules. Don't ask me how I know...and I don't like the implications of that phrase & this room.

Thanks, :seeya:

(rsbm)[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]Thanks, Cranberry, for the excerpt from Patsy's interview. I didn't remember that she brought it up there about the need for more wine at the party. But now I can't help but wonder what's "inaudible" in the following passage (bbm):[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
Is the "inaudible" portion where she first brings up Fleet's name? Because in the next passage, DeMuth says his name like it had already been mentioned:

Another question: Why the hell does DeMuth keep offering suggestions to Patsy -- instead of letting her answer the damn questions on her own?
[/FONT]

otg,
MURDERER_SERVANT has asked the important question:

MURDERER_SERVANT said:
IIRC FW had opened the WC's door that morning and couldn't see JBR as it was dark and he couldn't find the light switch.
One wonders then how he could get the wine from there during the Christmas party ? wasn't it dark then ? Did he have a flashlight? Not that I believe FW killed JBR just thinking loud.
Also the basement lights were reported to be on that morning. I also wonder why the basement light didn't lighten inside the WC
when the door was opened..

Tricia should invite FW onto True Crime Radio to do a rebuttal interview regarding any stuff said on the upcoming documentaries, and ask him if he did in fact fetch wine from the said wine cellar? Also if he did, how did he find the switch?

Since I reckon the R's are lying through their teeth in this case I believe FW's account and think JonBenet may have been located somewhere else, e.g. train room?

Patsy is linguistically Southern -- Inaudible could include the term "fetch" and possibly even "Fleet fetch 2" rather than "to?"

Meanwhile, my use of Southern English has failed me, what does Patsy mean by "taking hiding?" Tornado siren, used that area as a storm shelter? Taking a hiding occurs after serious infraction of household rules. Don't ask me how I know...and I don't like the implications of that phrase & this room.

Thanks, :seeya:

Laughing,
I think Patsy is suggesting she took refuge in the wine-cellar, why who knows.

You may be right (sort of), Laughing. But it doesn't necessarily have to be because of her Southern accent. When words run together, it can throw off the transcriber. It could have been (as you suggest), "Fleet, fetch 2." Or maybe even just "Fleet, get two." I can see how the word "fleetfetch" or "fleetget" might throw off the transcriber.

Regardless, I still don't think Fleet went down to the basement and into the wine cellar for wine. How could he know how to turn on the light on the 23rd, but not on the 26th?

I thought by that, she was saying she had been down in the basement "taking (and) hiding (Christmas presents)."

Its possible that the wine cellar light was already on when he went in there on the 23rd. AS far as the investigators finishing Patsy's sentences, they do it all the time throughout the interviews.

Its possible that the wine cellar light was already on when he went in there on the 23rd. AS far as the investigators finishing Patsy's sentences, they do it all the time throughout the interviews.

singularity,
BBM: would that not nail it? Later on when FW and JR found JonBenet the light was off, how so? There is an incongruity between FW allegedly fetching wine on a previous occasion and him saying he could not find a light switch , maybe he just forgot?

singularity,
BBM: would that not nail it? Later on when FW and JR found JonBenet the light was off, how so? There is an incongruity between FW allegedly fetching wine on a previous occasion and him saying he could not find a light switch , maybe he just forgot?

Tis dubious, to be sure, isn't it? The Rs had been entertaining in Boulder for a few years with the White's, the Stine's, the Fernie's. One time FW went to the wine cellar for wine and that was 2 nights before JBs TOD. I doubt that was only his 2nd time opening that door. JR said in questioning that they purchased cases of wine and stored them in that room.

Yet, we have FW who can't turn on the light switch twice in two days. As already mentioned, the light could have been left on from Dec. 23 b/c that little girl should have been found with a couple of hours of the 911 call to all of their friends.

There's something I'm confused about after reading Steve Thomas's book. John Andrew and Melinda- were they John's biological children? Because I was under the impression that they were JonBenet's half-brother and half-sister, but Thomas referred to JAR several times as her "stepbrother".

There's something I'm confused about after reading Steve Thomas's book. John Andrew and Melinda- were they John's biological children? Because I was under the impression that they were JonBenet's half-brother and half-sister, but Thomas referred to JAR several times as her "stepbrother".
With John as the biological father of all, both terms would be correct. Half-bro/sis would only be incorrect if they had a different mother and father.

:thinking: (I hope that makes sense and clears it up -- and that I didn't just add more confusion to it.)

With John as the biological father of all, both terms would be correct. Half-bro/sis would only be incorrect if they had a different mother and father.

:thinking: (I hope that makes sense and clears it up -- and that I didn't just add more confusion to it.)

Ah, so John WAS the biological father of all the children. The "stepbrother" thing threw me off. Thanks!

SweetCaroline, a lot of people seem to mix-up step-siblings and half-siblings. I see people get those terms mixed up constantly, and I'm assuming that's what happened with that book.

Half sibling:
JAR was a half brother b/c they shared JR as their father.

Step sibling:
JAR was already his dad's son when the Rs married. Thus, he became JB and BRs step-brother the moment they were born.

How's that, otg? Is that right?

Yes, John Andrew, Melinda, and the late Elizabeth were John's children from his first marriage. I guess it's easy to get the two terms confused.

if they had a different mother and father they wouldn't be any kind of siblings would they?

Step- refers to related only by marriage, half- refers to sharing only one parent... doesn't it?? lol

It was proven that JAR was nowhere near Boulder at the time of the murder. He was completely cleared.

Who knows why one of his used sheets would be in a suitcase in the basement? The entire household appears to have been chaotic.

And we can be sure that when his semen was found on that sheet, it was thoroughly tested for any of Jonbenet's semen at the same time.

It's just another red herring.

I'm in the midst of reading "Perfect Murder Perfect Town". The hardcover edition, page 231, lists that an investigator proved that JAR had received and ATM withdrawal and had receipt along with being accompanied by a friend ( further proof) at 9pm Christmas night. Also Melinda (JAR's sister) had awakened JAR early in order to make an 8:30 am flight.

Interesting that someone brought up the fact that there were Christmas photos from other years but a couple were deleted from the last one with Jonbenet. I am going to keep reading.
Hmmmm, could also explain why JR was on the phone with his private pilot a lot the day JBR was found.

If it was JAR's suitcase why would anyone in the family use it? A well off family have their own luggage they were big travelers. There would be no need to use JAR's suitcase in my opinion.

singularity,

THis whole issue with the WC light really needs to be resolved. We were told for years that its in some unconventional spot that's not easily accessible yet when seeing footage of the walkthrough of the house, its in the exact spot that a light switch should be and where you would reach out of instinct to turn the light on.

Issues like this make this case so much more complex than it needs to be.

I'm in the midst of reading "Perfect Murder Perfect Town". The hardcover edition, page 231, lists that an investigator proved that JAR had received and ATM withdrawal and had receipt along with being accompanied by a friend ( further proof) at 9pm Christmas night. Also Melinda (JAR's sister) had awakened JAR early in order to make an 8:30 am flight.
While his alibi appears solid, I always found it interesting that he was able to show a ticket stub for that movie. Typical college students don't save those things. Hell....does anybody? As far as the ATM issue, I think the image was blurry and was in no way a slam dunk alibi.

I wish Schiller would do an update on that book. All these years later, it is still the best book on the case.

If it was JAR's suitcase why would anyone in the family use it? A well off family have their own luggage they were big travelers. There would be no need to use JAR's suitcase in my opinion.
They wouldn't. Its one of many things that makes that suitcase so suspicious. Its a travesty that the suitcase got morphed into a step for a phantom intruder.

If that suitcase could talk it could reveal many things about what happened that night.

(snipped for relevance)
THis whole issue with the WC light really needs to be resolved. We were told for years that its in some unconventional spot that's not easily accessible yet when seeing footage of the walkthrough of the house, its in the exact spot that a light switch should be and where you would reach out of instinct to turn the light on. Issues like this make this case so much more complex than it needs to be.
I think the confusion over the light switch in the WC is because of this:

The basement wasn't wired for electricity when the house was built. As a result, the wiring isn't inside the walls as it is in most houses and you can see the wiring in some of the pictures taken of the basement. Photos inside the WC show the electrical wiring attached to the walls in electrical conduit (a type of metal tubing which protects the wiring itself). There is a switch just inside the doorway of the WC that turns on the electricity in the room and the conduit goes up the wall, over the ceiling, and then down the wall to an electrical outlet on the other wall. That electrical outlet has a separate switch which turns it on/off. Plugged into that outlet is the cord coming from the fluorescent light fixture which was lying loose in the room -- not attached to the wall. In order for that light fixture to work, both switches had to be turned on. If the electrical outlet was turned on, the light switch just inside the door would turn it on and off. If the electrical outlet was turned off, the light switch could not turn the light fixture on.

BBM

Noooo. The Dr. Seuss book was for adults. Not children.

51zLDsQyZFL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

"It had the adult Dr. Seuss book in it."

AnatomyColdCase224.jpg

Bumping this post....

This adult book was secreted within the blue Samsonite suitcase. We were told that the book belonged to JAR as well as the blue duvet and the suitcase were JARs.

Fibers from the blue duvet were found at the CS. JB was in contact with the duvet the evening she died. Why? Who placed JB on the blue duvet? What was the intention and purpose?

The semen on a blanket in a suitcase found in the basment is VERY significant. The family was planning a trip out of town the morning of the 26th. I don't know about you, but our family and most of my friends always get our suitcases out and pack a few things the night before an early A.M. departure.

An intruder just happening to select that very suitcase out of many that you would think would be stored together in the basement?

Scenario:

The suitcase was one of many brought upstairs in preparation for the A.M. departure. A family member, while cleaning-up after discovering the murder put one of the incriminating pieces of evidence from the crime scene (the blanket) into one of the suitcases and brought it downstairs, perhaps planning to wash/dispose of it later. Then, a while later, after the intruder theory has been hatched, a different family member goes down into the basement and places that suitcase directly under the window to bolster an intruder theory.

The significant thing to remember about that night is that most of the suitcases may (I say may) have already been brought upstairs in preparation for the trip, and that particular suitcase was the only large one down there.

That may be the only mistake the conspirator and/or murderer made that night, one that points directly to the family.

for all we know, maybe John planted it to frame John Andrew? after all, he framed Patsy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back