Sentencing and beyond- JA General Discussion #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tech question - if a CD is scratched, can it still be opened/viewed in a typical CD drive? If not, does LE have equipment to open it to view its contents?

Did she even have an external drive? Most people used thumb drives in 2007-2008. Or a DVR. But a hard drive when you're broke? Fat chance.

Speaking of thumb drives, there was a picture of one in T's linen closet. I've thought that was strange because a thumb drive doesn't belong in a linen closet and that everything in T's house seemed to have their own appropriate place to stay since Travis was a very organized person.

Sister RickshawFan, Is my second sentence making any sense?
What am I trying to say?

I think there are too many related lies from too many occasions to sort that one out.

1. She wrote she needed a HD in her journal before leaving Mesa, on a (wish) list that included prices.

2. She told TA in mid-April she was trying to make him a CD of the photos he requested. Those wouldn't have been of church trips. He wanted the photos for his website.

3. She told him her computer kept "freezing," not the first time she told him she was having problems with her computer.

4. She told him she'd get the CD's made by using her gmother's computer, or using her memory card in a "friend's" camera (a " professional photographer") which happened to be the same kind of camera she owned, or that she'd download from her memory stick at a drugstore onto a CD.

She did none of the above.

5. The photo of a CD on TA's desk in JM's book is labelled in her handwriting. Will try to post it...
(rotated pic so you can read what she wrote more easily. Notice the photos listed are not from church trips, surprise, surprise.)

6. Twas an interesting virus, one that didn't prevent TA from watching videos or checking his blog and email early on the 4th, nor sending an email before 5pm, but somehow made looking at photos with the impossible.

One possibility on the last point-- she mentioned a virus as one of her accomplishments, given she was responsible for polluting his computer on other occasions, but any difficulty that day was more likely because she was messing with his head, offering the CD's, after having scratched them so badly they were unusable (payback for a spat they had after she had "accidentally" destroyed 2 of his PD CD's in just the same way).

Oh Lord, are those the same pics uploaded to the Travisalexander Flickr account on the night of June 2nd???

Zion Ponder
Trav's Rockys
Ponder Bryce
Cumbres & Toltec RR
Balloon Fiesta (3)
Grand Canyon

Pic titles on the Flickr account.

Oh Lord, are those the same pics uploaded to the Travisalexander Flickr account on the night of June 2nd???

Ding ding. :). I looked into this before JM's book and actually seeing that CD. Yep, definitely some of the same photos are on both, and TA did NOT have those photos before the 4th.

Begs the question....why not just access that Flickr acct on the 4th? Because it's in his name and he didn't create it, maybe?

I've not been able to figure that out either, did she download the pics to the CD before Christmas and for whatever she can't now get into that HD? Why even mention it? Unless of course questions about it were likely to arise later. And why would not being able to get a CD open be frustrating 'for some reason'? It seems completely reasonable, if it were the truth. Seems like between the murder and the arrest she bashed up every piece of electronic equipment she owned that might have evidence on it.

They should have done forensics on the Freeman's pc too...

Ding ding. :). I looked into this before JM's book and actually seeing that CD. Yep, definitely some of the same photos are on both, and TA did NOT have those photos before the 4th.

So that begs the question, why did she open that account and upload them during her murder mission, and then leave the disc at Travis'?

And Matt's.

Matt's as in, a high priority, given she was with him and had access to his computer on June 2, and he was one of the first people she called after slaughtering TA.

LE did search his house. Eventually. After the forged pedo letters turned up, YEARS later. (aaarrggh).

Speaking of ex- BF's computers. She made a point of saying she used Darryl's computer, not her own, to check her emails during her 30 minute visit to his house. She testified that she had her laptop with her, didn't she?

Tech question - if a CD is scratched, can it still be opened/viewed in a typical CD drive? If not, does LE have equipment to open it to view its contents?

Yes(none guaranteed, it all depends on how damaged the CD is), unless it's the drive itself that's messed up. I've had a lemon myself, could never get it to work and while finally getting the pc checked for motherboard issues had them check that too... the drive itself was the problem.

So that begs the question, why did she open that account and upload them during her murder mission, and then leave the disc at Travis'?

Maybe she didn't have much time to clean up and cover her tracks and she just forgot the CD's were there. :D

After all, she was sloppy enough in his office to not notice one of his credit cards had fallen out of the wallet she pilfered.

----
Tossing in, about things--TA's CRT ring and watch, left in the kitchen. His roommates hadn't seen them left there before. The said TA took them off and left them there all the time, that he didn't put them on until he " went to bed."

Snort. Because he only needed to know what time it was when he was asleep?

Odds are the truth is exactly opposite... that TA only took off his watch before he went to bed. Maybe he never had a chance to put them back on that day? Except-- he was more likely to take them off and put them on his bedside, not downstairs.

Maybe he took them off when he got ready to clean, and didn't have a chance to put them back on ? Or was too distracted to do so?

Maybe she didn't have much time to clean up and cover her tracks and she just forgot the CD's were there. :D

After all, she was sloppy enough in his office to not notice one of his credit cards had fallen out of the wallet she pilfered.

----
Tossing in, about things--TA's CRT ring and watch, left in the kitchen. His roommates hadn't seen them left there before. The said TA took them off and left them there all the time, that he didn't put them on until he " went to bed."

Snort. Because he only needed to know what time it was when he was asleep?

Odds are the truth is exactly opposite... that TA only took off his watch before he went to bed. Maybe he never had a chance to put them back on that day? Except-- he was more likely to take them off and put them on his bedside, not downstairs.

Maybe he took them off when he got ready to clean, and didn't have a chance to put them back on ? Or was too distracted to do so?

Yes, given their location I'd agree he took them off to clean and was never able to put them back on, and she didn't notice them when she left, and of course flubbed the lie about why they'd be there. If she'd been there when he started to clean or move furniture she'd more than likely have seen him take them off and put them on the counter.

Yes(none guaranteed, it all depends on how damaged the CD is), unless it's the drive itself that's messed up. I've had a lemon myself, could never get it to work and while finally getting the pc checked for motherboard issues had them check that too... the drive itself was the problem.

I wonder if LE did try to view that disc, probably would be in Melendez' report, if we could ever see that.

I don't recall what actual day the Flickr acct was opened(iirc we had once thought we knew it...) and all it says now is June 2008. Anyway, if she had got to Mesa early, could she have gone to the Freeman's first... snuck in and got her "stuff" from there, then went to TA's? Did Dan ever testify about her having spent time on their pc or would it have been his brother Joshua that would have known that? I still wonder if she had anything to do with his suicide the day of her arrest.... she destroys anything she touches.

Anyway, could it have been early on the 4th when the account was made and the pics uploaded, and that's why the CDs were laying out? I just can't get her comments about how the Freeman's house layout was the same as TA's and that she'd either forgotten some CDs there or had made them there. All of the Flickr pics, even the 2005 one, had been modified with "Adobe Photoshop CS2 Windows" software so I have little doubt it was her handiwork, perhaps she had planned to post the shower pics online too. Heck, for all we know she did in some obscure little site.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/27308599@N07/with/2547017803/

Yes, given their location I'd agree he took them off to clean and was never able to put them back on, and she didn't notice them when she left, and of course flubbed the lie about why they'd be there. If she'd been there when he started to clean or move furniture she'd more than likely have seen him take them off and put them on the counter.

Thing is, we know that the tile cleaner was assembled and chairs from the dining room put on the living room sofa sometime after both Zach and Enrique left in the morning, and before Enrique returned around 6pm.

I don't think the LE report is clear about whether Zach saw the cleaner out, etc. when he returned at 3, or later, when he returned a second time later in the evening, well past Enrique's return.

I wish we knew for sure that Zach saw those things at 3- would help figure out the timeline. But.....one bottom line is that Travis did begin to clean downstairs on the day of June 4.

Either he began cleaning when she was there, he began cleaning before he knew she was there, or he began cleaning after he thought she'd left.

No matter which version, none matches the tale the wanted to tell of that day, of TA staying up all night for her, of sex shortly after they woke up, of hanging out and trying to look at photos documenting their glorious shared days of travelling together, and then his cute objections, quickly overcome, to being photographed, nude, trusting, and defenseless in the shower.

The fact Travis put together his new floor tile cleaner, a task he had put off for weeks, and began cleaning downstairs, screams of different version of events she wouldn't want known, including....he was so so so done with her and just wanted her to get out, to go away, to move on, to leave him in peace.

Like the storage unit she had her cameras/memory cards in that she couldn't get into anymore? She's a mile a minute liar.

It was possible she couldn't get into the storage area because she didn't pay the rent.

There's stuff you spray the CD with and it eliminates scratches. Public libraries use this stuff.

Speaking of thumb drives, there was a picture of one in T's linen closet. I've thought that was strange because a thumb drive doesn't belong in a linen closet and that everything in T's house seemed to have their own appropriate place to stay since Travis was a very organized person.

Sister RickshawFan, Is my second sentence making any sense?
What am I trying to say?

It makes 100% sense. No one stores thumb drives in their linen closet, especially a neat freak.

Maybe stored the gun, knife and other stuff in there and not the clothes closet. The pin drive fell out of a pocket.

Tidbits from the full transcript of LE's interview (not Flores) with Dallin, Michelle L's boyfriend:

1. NAPOLEON: On the night his friends found Travis dead in the shower, the doggie gate was still in place where the had left it, or it had been put back up by Enrique or Zach after the 4th, perhaps because Napoleon was insistent about getting into TA's room. The gate was in place between the 2 and 3rd stair of the steps going upstairs to TA's room. Napoleon could not go upstairs.

One of TA's friends rang his doorbell that night he was found. Napoleon immediately began barking and didn't stop, and acted "crazy" after friends entered the house. Michelle thought to get Napoleon out too after Mimi called 911 and LE told her that everyone needed to get out of the house.

Napoleon could barely be kept restrained when outside. He wanted to go back into the house.

2. Dallin noticed tile cleaner attachments on a coffee table in TA's living room.
-----

From Enrique's initial interview (not with Flores). He said he returned home at 6:15 on the day Travis was found, was downstairs for a few minutes, then went up to his room and watched TV. He went to Temple around 7:30pm. (Helpful somewhat if he was a man of routine, and kept same schedule on June 4).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea