A Stolen Life - Jaycee's New Book

IIRC he and his family never received any therapy.

I believe it was cases like Steven Staynor (his case was included in a study done by the Center for Missing and Exploited Children) that helped to spur a focus on reconciliation efforts when children are returned to normal family situations following stranger or family abductions. At the time of his return the state of the art was pretty much to dump a kid off in the driveway (actually documented as most likely an airport or train or bus station) and leave it to the family to figure out what to do next. The average length of reunification "service" was about 20 minutes, and only occasionally involved a social worker. Most often it was law enforcement officials.

saw jaycee's book today an skimmed thru it.

things i noticed..

1) jaycee has really re bonded with her old friend from before she moved to tahoe, jessie.
2) jaycee's sister is now married an she helps out with jaycee's foundation
3) jaycee and family/friends have gone to ireland and balise (ironically aunt tina almost got lost in ireland)
4) jaycee writes that terry told her in 1992 she (terry) had a dream that jaycee showed up at the house and terry was so excited.....and then she woke up. wow that is just crushing :(

here's to 7 years of freedom for jaycee and her girls, and 7 years back with family and friends....

its really spooky if you look at the first thread in this forum people were talking about jaycee's case literally hours before garrido took her and the girls to the parole office......

well doesnt it make you feel all safe knowing the government doesnt owe the public to protect them from people they know are violent criminals?

just absurd.

The law needs to be changed. His parole officer was complicit in helping him stay out of prison for
The entirety of Jaycee's nightmare.

http://www.latimes.com//lanow/la-me-ln-jaycee-9th-circuit-20160826-snap-story.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From this article, this gives me a little consolation: Jonathan Steinsapir, Dugard’s appellate lawyer, said he would ask the 9th Circuit to reconsider the case. While California had “stepped up” and awarded Dugard and her family a settlement, the lawyer said, the federal government acted as if it had played no role in Dugard’s grim history.

so basicaly the goverment can tax your income force you to buy health insurance, but they have no responsibility to protect us from the violent criminals they re-release into society. thats what that finding says. so pathetic.

so basicaly the goverment can tax your income force you to buy health insurance, but they have no responsibility to protect us from the violent criminals they re-release into society. thats what that finding says. so pathetic.

They are "we". We are the government

I read Jaycee's newest book several weeks ago. She's really come a long way and is such a strong, positive woman. I'm fascinated by Equine therapy; I think horses are magnificent spiritual creatures so it doesn't surprise me they would be at the heart of many therapy programs. (Dogs too of course...angels in fur suits).

... but not cats! Cats are evil! (note: I was forced to type this by the cat in the avatar above...that is the real Madeleine).

I read Jaycee's newest book several weeks ago. She's really come a long way and is such a strong, positive woman. I'm fascinated by Equine therapy; I think horses are magnificent spiritual creatures so it doesn't surprise me they would be at the heart of many therapy programs. (Dogs too of course...angels in fur suits).

Mark Twain said that the outside of a horse is good for the inside of a man. Don't have the exact quote, sorry.

Sociologically, girls used to be more interested in riding horses because riding lessons gave them control, control of something large & impressive, and teamwork with the horse & instructor.

Since there are now opportunities for females in a wide variety of sports, there are fewer interested in equestrian sport.

Glad Jaycee got to ride!

The new book, "Freedom: My Book of Firsts" had some interesting info: I didn't know Jaycee's mom was an ordained Minister! (Jaycee says her Mom had her ordination renewed so she could marry Jaycee's sister Shayna and Shayna's husband).

I do get the impression, in light of the fact that it doesn't sound like Carl was invited to Shayna's Wedding, that Carl Probyn has been cut off from Shayna as well as Jaycee which is very sad :( I can't help wondering whether Shayna decided to cut Carl off on her own or whether she felt pressured to do so in light of the hate Terry Probyn and Jaycee seem to have for him. This, in my opinion, is the only grievance I have with Jaycee: for all her talk about how her entire family was affected by her abduction it seems Carl has been ignored, kicked to the curb and demonized.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back