MI MI - Alexandra Brueger, 31, fatally shot while jogging, Rose Twp, 30 July 2016 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
News coverage is lacking in regards to this case. Hope something breaks soon.

News coverage is lacking in regards to this case. Hope something breaks soon.

I agree, and I don't know if it's because LE clearly has no solid leads or if they're playing it close to the vest. It's been suggested that the victim may have known her killer, so who had reason to murder Ms. Brueger? I'm sure LE knows more than has been reported, but I have questions which have yet to be answered.

Where and with whom did Ally live prior to moving back home with her parents in Holly? Did she have roommate(s)? If so, who are they? Why did she move back to Holly? A roommate spat?

Ally was 31 years old. No mention of her ever having been married. Did she have a boyfriend? Had she ever been engaged or in a serious relationship with a man (or woman)?

Was Ms. Brueger intending to live in Holly permanently and commute to Novi for her nursing job? That is a very long commute - 90 minutes each way in good weather.

Hopefully, authorities have answers to these questions - and many more. Who killed Alexandra Brueger and why?

I'm struggling to make sense of this also, what a senseless act it was. LE said either something found at the scene or something about the scene leads them to believe her killer was familiar with her. I don't know what that could be. I'm starting to wonder if this was a failed abduction attempt and she was killed so it wouldn't be reported.

The 911 caller said he heard 4 shots and then four more, he thought it sounded like a rifle. I did see one article saying it was a rifle but unknown if that's been confirmed. There's something about these jogger murders that's extra infuriating to me. Killed while out putting in the work to maintain a healthy life and minding her own business.

$5K reward offered for tips in slain jogger case

Mark Hicks, The Detroit News 11:18 p.m. EDT August 16, 2016

Authorities are offering a $5,000 reward for tips leading to an arrest in the recent fatal shooting of a jogger in Rose Township.

Investigators have received more than 50 tips from the public but “are continuing to seek information in the case” of who shot Alexandra Brueger, Michigan State Police said in a statement Tuesday.

“Anyone with information related to the person responsible for this incident or those who might have knowledge of the individual responsible for this tragic incident are encouraged to contact law enforcement,” the release read...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...ward-offered-tips-slain-jogger-case/88882384/

$5,000 Reward Offered In Shooting Death Of Jogger In Oakland County

August 17, 2016 6:43 AM

ROSE TOWNSHIP (WWJ) – Authorities are offering a $5,000 reward for information leading to an arrest in the death of a 31-year-old nurse who was shot in the back as she ran along a rural Oakland County road.

Alexandra Brueger was shot multiple times while jogging on Fish Lake Road, in rural Rose Township, on the afternoon of July 30. Brueger, who regularly went for 10-mile runs, collapsed on a resident’s front lawn and died...

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2016/08...n-shooting-death-of-jogger-in-oakland-county/

$5,000 reward offered for information about jogger's slaying

Posted: 7:45 AM, August 17, 2016

ROSE TOWNSHIP, Mich. - A $5,000 reward is being offered for information about the fatal shooting of a 31-year-old woman who was jogging on a rural southeastern Michigan road.

State police say 31-year-old Alexandra Brueger of Oakland County's Holly Township was shot about 2 p.m. July 30.

Brueger was a nurse who regularly went for 10-mile runs. She collapsed on a lawn in Rose Township after being shot in the back on Fish Lake Road. The federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms is offering the reward for information leading to an arrest and conviction...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/5000-reward-offered-for-information-about-joggers-slaying_

Michigan State Police offering $5,000 reward in Alexandra Brueger case

By Mark Cavitt, mcavitt@digitalfirstmedia.com,, @MarkCavitt on Twitter

Posted: 08/17/16, 8:43 AM EDT | Updated: 28 secs ago

Michigan State Police is offering a $5,000 reward for anyone with a tip that leads to the arrest and conviction of those responsible for the murder of Alexandra Brueger.

The 31-year-old Holly Township resident was jogging on Saturday, July 30, around 2 p.m. when she was shot in the vicinity of 11240 Fish Lake Road in Rose Township. Alexandra was a registered nurse at Providence Park Hospital, having graduated with honors from Baker College.

Investigators have received over 50 tips from the public and are continuing to seek information in the case.

Anyone that may have information about the person responsible for the murder or those who might have knowledge of the individual responsible are encouraged to contact law enforcement...

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/gene...ffering-5000-reward-in-alexandra-brueger-case

Ally Brueger slaying: Killer used shotgun, police say

By John Turk, The Oakland Press

Posted: 08/23/16, 2:23 PM EDT | Updated: 39 secs ago

Ally Brueger, the 31-year-old Rose Township jogger who was slain while running on a rural road, was killed by someone with a shotgun, Michigan State Police officials announced Tuesday.

Four shotgun blasts to the back at around 2 p.m. on Saturday, July 30, are what killed Brueger, a nurse who loved creative writing.

State Police Lt. Michael Shaw said around 60 tips have come in related to the killing and police continue “to actively work this case as we interview new persons every day.”

No suspects have been fully ruled in or out, Shaw said...

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/gene...rueger-slaying-killer-used-shotgun-police-say

All speculation here, and with very few facts.
I think this was a jealousy killing, and I think another woman is central to this murder.
Perhaps the victim was seeing someone that was already attached.

This has hit way too close to home. I was nearby when this happened but didn't hear about it until later on in the day. I cannot wait until they find who did this to her.
My boyfriend had started to jog on a dirt rd about 3 miles from where she was, I prefer the track but agreed to start going with him. Now I guess we will both be using the track.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

The silence in this case is troublesome. No pleas from the parents to find Alexandra's killer. No comment or updates from LE. Too quiet. :waitasec:

Perhaps they know who did this, and are waiting on forensic results. I think you will hear resution on this one as soon as the lab results come in.

Anyone know what type of nurse she was -- general admission, working the floor; ER; pediatric; psych; or what? Nurses are on an emotional front line every day. For better or for worse they are not soon forgotten.

Anyone know what type of nurse she was -- general admission, working the floor; ER; pediatric; psych; or what? Nurses are on an emotional front line every day. For better or for worse they are not soon forgotten.

All I've ever read/heard was that AB was "a registered nurse who worked at St.John/Providence in Novi, MI."

Just seeing this for the first time. I am surprised that there is not much in the way of news in the recent days. What a darling she seems to be. May justice come soon to this family.

One of the things (there are several) that puzzles me in this case: Ms. Brueger was reportedly shot in the back. Presumably, this means that the shooter approached AB from behind. If in a vehicle, wouldn't the shooter have to be in the passenger seat on the same side of the street as the victim? How could the driver manage to steer and fire a shotgun simultaneously unless the vehicle stopped? Was there a driver AND the shooter in a vehicle? Was the shooter not in a vehicle when Ms. Brueger was shot and killed? Could the perp have exited his/her vehicle, left the motor running, shot AB, got back in vehicle, and fled the scene? So many unanswered questions. So little information. :moo:

I thought of this too. I think there was a driver, and a shooter.

I think there was a driver who exited the vehicle, laid in wait, and shot her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member