Gerard Baden Clay's murder appeal #2

Very ugly family

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I was driving towards Kenmore a few weeks ago when I realised the car in front has "BWANA" plates. You would think with all the publicity they would ditch these but no. They turned into Kenmore village as I did and I kept bumping into them in Coles. He still seems to have a very arrogant air as though shopping with the common people is a burden they have to bear. There was no courtesy towards people, in was "out of my way we are important". A lot of anger there.

I was driving towards Kenmore a few weeks ago when I realised the car in front has "BWANA" plates. You would think with all the publicity they would ditch these but no. They turned into Kenmore village as I did and I kept bumping into them in Coles. He still seems to have a very arrogant air as though shopping with the common people is a burden they have to bear. There was no courtesy towards people, in was "out of my way we are important". A lot of anger there.

Like father, like son.

An acquaintance of mine lives in the same retirement village as NBC and EBC.

Says they are 'lovely people' and are 'naturally upset' by the decision, but added that as he has not followed the case, he's only judging on what he sees.

I find that hard to imagine, so I guess they must leave their aloof arrogance at the door....

When I lived in Kenmore I saw them often.

One day I even saw Bruce Flegg at Coles looking at the fresh chicken section. He actually talked to me lol saying it was hard cooking for one. Took my self control not to say something.

An acquaintance of mine lives in the same retirement village as NBC and EBC.

Says they are 'lovely people' and are 'naturally upset' by the decision, but added that as he has not followed the case, he's only judging on what he sees.

I find that hard to imagine, so I guess they must leave their aloof arrogance at the door....

Yes I occasionally feel sorry for them but then remember how Nigel denigrated Allison on the stand at the trial and my sympathy vanishes

image.jpgimage.jpg
Yes, let's have a round of applause for the state of his mind when he was told he'll go down in history as a murderer and nothing can ever change that.

Possibly the same look of shock when he was in the back of the police van leaving court the first time.

Love it.

Yes I occasionally feel sorry for them but then remember how Nigel denigrated Allison on the stand at the trial and my sympathy vanishes
Still remember EBC snoring her way through the Trial; well not the whole trial.
It should have been such a stressful time for them, but it seemed that they were confident that he would be found innocent. At least that is what they projected.

I have never felt sorry for them, nor will I ever because of their arrogance and undeniable support for a wife murderer. They obviously knew the truth from day one, but lied to police, showed no empathy to the Dickie family, and then lied under oath. What does the church say about that???

Still remember EBC snoring her way through the Trial; well not the whole trial.
It should have been such a stressful time for them, but it seemed that they were confident that he would be found innocent. At least that is what they projected.
Snoring through the Trial?
The mark of confidence? (Poof! Can't swallow that)
Or total arrogance? Only way that notion would work, is that the entire Allison story as proffered by anyone other than the Clay family, was altogether boring.
Under the influence of mind altering drugs?
God only knows she might need some thing like that, in order to see things in a different light. (Burying head in the sand syndrone)

Mind you, I was personally incensed and shocked, that she found it necessary to walk out during the Victim Impact Statements.
Either that was a mark of pure arrogance, or a weak bladder problem.
(Didn't want to mention bladder stuff, bit personal, you know. But Olivia found it necessary to mention such a taboo subject in relation to her sister in law. In Court, in Public, and in relation to a murder. Was promptly asked if sister in law might have been pregnant at the time. Admitted yes, very pregnant.
But who, in the whole world would even mention such a discreet thing? Was this to prove poor character or what?)
Very odd family to say the least. Capable of anything. Anything......

Snoring through the Trial?
The mark of confidence? (Poof! Can't swallow that)
Or total arrogance? Only way that notion would work, is that the entire Allison story as proffered by anyone other than the Clay family, was altogether boring.
Under the influence of mind altering drugs?
God only knows she might need some thing like that, in order to see things in a different light. (Burying head in the sand syndrone)

Mind you, I was personally incensed and shocked, that she found it necessary to walk out during the Victim Impact Statements.
Either that was a mark of pure arrogance, or a weak bladder problem.
(Didn't want to mention bladder stuff, bit personal, you know. But Olivia found it necessary to mention such a taboo subject in relation to her sister in law. In Court, in Public, and in relation to a murder. Was promptly asked if sister in law might have been pregnant at the time. Admitted yes, very pregnant.
But who, in the whole world would even mention such a discreet thing? Was this to prove poor character or what?)
Very odd family to say the least. Capable of anything. Anything......
Olivia's comments about Allison were disgusting and totally unnecessary 'evidence' she found it necessary to relate when on the stand.

It has appeared that the lives of the Baden Clays are conducted as a performance for the benefit of the Public ..... and this performance is what they feel is necessary to live up to the 'importance' of their Baden Powell connection. Oh what a performance it has been!

When Olivia took the stand, she gave her name as 'Olivia Baden Walton' . First time that we had heard this new double barrelled name .... more weirdness.

When Olivia took the stand, she gave her name as 'Olivia Baden Walton' . First time that we had heard this new double barrelled name .... more weirdness.

Sounds like a very deliberate statement of family support: "I'm still proud of the family name. I've still got my held high."

And the thing is, they actually could have done that - if they'd encouraged Gerard to fess up, spare the Dickies the trauma of the trial and appeal, go straight to jail and take his punishment like a man.

Because if they had done that, there would have been community consensus that they put their own family second to do the right thing by Allison's family. They would have had a lot of sympathy and support for that. It's just amazing they've never been able to see that.

And it's like Trooper said:

What a family they are. Olivia is just as likely to write a book about Christian problems , like having a brother imprisoned for murdering his wife , and how to overcome this inconvenience. . No doubt, Bwana will insert the lessons he 'learned' about the whole shindig into his 'Longer Better Marriage' counselling sessions. The Bro in Law will forbid the congregation from reading newspapers or listening to radio or TV again as he did before on pain of excommunication... life will jog along for them, they have the hide of rhino's. A pack of rhino's. Any family that could think up the crazed and crude idea of competing with a bereaved family by dressing in purple every day in court has not much going for it.

Yes, there is a lot of weird thinking in that family. The purple statement was wildly inappropriate - competition, opposition, going into battle against the Dickies. The BC family are seriously out of touch with community standards. To put it mildly.

Has been a few days now, but wow, hearing that the decision had been overturned and the original finding of Murder reinstated felt good.
I heard it on the car radio but I didn't trust my ears until I saw it in print.

Proper result for a horrible situation. Hopefully this goes some way to helping Allison's parents work through their loss.

EDIT -
I was also very happy to read this bit in one of the recent Courier articles about Allisons friend's statement
She went on to say that Allison’s daughters were “thriving in their busy lives” and would “go on to achieve great things”, saying they were a tribute to Allison’s parents, who have cared for them since Allison’s death.

Sounds like a very deliberate statement of family support: "I'm still proud of the family name. I've still got my held high."

And the thing is, they actually could have done that - if they'd encouraged Gerard to fess up, spare the Dickies the trauma of the trial and appeal, go straight to jail and take his punishment like a man.

Because if they had done that, there would have been community consensus that they put their own family second to do the right thing by Allison's family. They would have had a lot of sympathy and support for that. It's just amazing they've never been able to see that.
So so true Fluffykins ..... there is a lesson in that for those of the families who find themselves with members who commit such crimes.
When such crimes occur, psychological assistance for such families could be useful ..... but they would have to be receptive to it of course, but may be a step in the right direction. All so complicated of course.

frankly, I think a part of Gerard's compulsion to take the stand and testify, was a sort of silent competition with his father and sister.. . he had sat there listening to their performance, and believed he could do better. There had to be a strong undeniable compulsion as it was about the most dangerous thing he could do in court. A huge , huge risk, with a tiniest chance of a payoff...

As a matter of fact, I think he believed he could do better on the stand than Toni. Certainly he could do better than all those other cranky and whining prosecution witnesses, after all, wasn't he the Great Gerard?? As usual, it was all too much, discretion being the better part of valour had no part to play in Gerard's scenario.

Never crossed his tiny mind that he was weaving his own noose.

I do think , though, that his barristers played him a bit.. the position they took to the appeal , while it may have looked like a win for Gerard, commonsense would have surely foreseen the utter rejection by the public in general of that result and a closer look at the thing.

but anyways, it all added to the pain for Gerard and for that, I have no dispute..
Said it before and I will say it again you NEED to write a book.

So so true Fluffykins ..... there is a lesson in that for those of the families who find themselves with members who commit such crimes.
When such crimes occur, psychological assistance for such families could be useful ..... but they would have to be receptive to it of course, but may be a step in the right direction. All so complicated of course.
In order for any healing to take place, one must acknowledge and address root cause.
Firstly, remove head from lofty place.
Allow scales to fall from eyes.
Learn how to live in real world.
Forget about trying to cover up crime or criminal.
Forget about trying to extricate dollars from people.
Remove head from own *private bodily part*
Stop being so consumed with yourself, and your own well being, stop being conceited.
It is written:
There are six things which the Lord hates. Seven which are an abomination to Him:
Haughty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood.
A heart that devises wicked plans. Feet that run rapidly to evil.
False witness who pours out lies.
A person who stirs up dissension...

In order for any healing to take place, one must acknowledge and address root cause.
Firstly, remove head from lofty place.
Allow scales to fall from eyes.
Learn how to live in real world.
Forget about trying to cover up crime or criminal.
Forget about trying to extricate dollars from people.
Remove head from own *private bodily part*
Stop being so consumed with yourself, and your own well being, stop being conceited.
It is written:
There are six things which the Lord hates. Seven which are an abomination to Him:
Haughty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood.
A heart that devises wicked plans. Feet that run rapidly to evil.
False witness who pours out lies.
A person who stirs up dissension...
A clever TV Producer might be able to get your messages out there ...... could be a 'Reality' show with a difference!

Said it before and I will say it again you NEED to write a book.
"Catch Me If You Can"
by Mr Business as Usual
Featuring caterpillars and gillette razors. Mobile phone glued to face.
The importance of keeping up appearances.
The importance of growing a beard fast. And why.
How to avoid having incriminating photographs taken by police. And how to buy the time for torso battle scars to fade.
Tricky manoeuvre, but quite successful! Ended up "A little bit hurt, but OK now."
How to deflect questions. Deflect, avoid, lead wild goose chases, be prepared, but do not incriminate self.
How to get your money in my pocket. Anything goes. No rules.
How to look smug and be proud of it.
How to fob off ignorant people who keep asking questions about that other incidential pesky detail; missing wife.
Just lay low for a while. Should simply blow over. Then get on with business as usual.

Hope your birthday cake is just like you, GBC, full of ****

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back