OR - PRESIDENTIAL PARDON - Militia members occupy federal building in Oregon after protest #4

I haven't read anything about what wasn't let into his trial or kicked to the curb.

He could be blabbing away to get off in the Nevada trial too? He's too slippery of a dude.

Is there a thread here somewhere for their trial?
No, there isn't. And, since its Federal, there won't be any cameras, and there won't be much reporting on it, imo. so no point in having a seperate thread for a trial, imo. We can just talk about it here.

No, there isn't. And, since its Federal, there won't be any cameras, and there won't be much reporting on it, imo. so no point in having a seperate thread for a trial, imo. We can just talk about it here.

I read no cameras, which IMO is a relief. OregonLive had good coverage, iirc, and there must be tweeters twittering.

I'll keep looking, and will post here, then. Thanks.

I read no cameras, which IMO is a relief. OregonLive had good coverage, iirc, and there must be tweeters twittering.

I'll keep looking, and will post here, then. Thanks.

We could request a thread .There's so much to discuss: role of neo-nazi groups, native american artifacts, outlandishly remote places, trial detail, undercover stuff, role of media... No way this trial isn't gonna get tweeted. Maybe the NPR reporter will do it.

Oregon standoff trial: Tuesday highlights, and what's next
The Oregonian/OregonLive
By The Oregonian/OregonLive
on September 14, 2016 at 5:00 AM, updated September 14, 2016 at 7:15 AM

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/09/oregon_standoff_trial_tuesday.html

Opening arguments ended Tuesday in the trial of Ammon Bundy and six co-defendants charged with "conspiring to impede federal employees at the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge." Here's what you need to know:

~ About a dozen people were lined up outside the Mark O. Hatfield Courthouse early Tuesday, as reporters, supporters and others arrived at court early to get a seat for opening statements in the trial of Ammon Bundy and six co-defendants.

~ Assistant U.S. Attorney Geoffrey Barrow used Ammon Bundy's own words caught on video Jan. 2 to argue that Bundy and his co-defendants aren't being prosecuted for holding a political protest, but for leading an armed occupation of the refuge.

~ Ammon Bundy's lawyer Marcus Mumford did not deny that his client led the occupation, yet he argued that Ammon Bundy's intent wasn't to "interfere with some kind of nature study,'' but to return the land to the people -- "all because the federal government refuses to respect the limits of its powers.''

~ Defendant Ryan Bundy, who is representing himself, addressed jurors directly. With a photo displayed to jurors of him standing beside his wife and seven of his eight children, Ryan Bundy described himself as a son of a rancher, member of the Mormon church and a family man who now "raises cattle, melon and children.'' Holding up a copy of a pocket Constitution, Ryan Bundy told jurors that he believes that governments are instituted by God for the benefit of man, and that "human law'' should punish guilt, "but never suppress the freedom of the soul.''

Coming today:

(paraphrased)

U.S. District Judge Anna J. Brown signaled to jurors at the end of Tuesday's opening statements, "Tomorrow, we start with real evidence.''

Expected witnesses on Wednesday: Sheriff Dave Ward; Sheriff's Lt. Brian Needham; Chad Karges, director of Malheur National Wildlife Refuge.​

Karina BrownFollow
Karina Brown –
@karinapdx
Reporter for @courthousenews
Portland, OR

~ ~ ~

Karina Brown
45m45 minutes ago
Karina Brown ‏@karinapdx
Needham's testimony may clarify the reasons why Ammon Bundy's right hand man plead guilty. #Oregonstandoff

Karina Brown
46m46 minutes ago
Karina Brown ‏@karinapdx
Lt. Needham testified that Ryan Payne told him to remove Ward from office, using "any means necessary including death" #Oregonstandoff

Karina Brown
1h1 hour ago
Karina Brown ‏@karinapdx
Ward said someone slashed his wife's tires during #Oregonstandoff "He's not in this room. But I think he's facing bigger charges."

Karina Brown
1h1 hour ago
Karina Brown ‏@karinapdx
Ward, cont: but an action was being threatened against my community. And they followed through on it. #Oregonstandoff

Karina Brown
1h1 hour ago
Karina Brown ‏@karinapdx
Mumford: did you really feel threatened during #Oregonstandoff ? Ward: I don't think Mr. Bundy is going to be hiding in my closet at night.

Karina Brown
5h5 hours ago
Karina Brown ‏@karinapdx
Ammon told Ward #Bunkerville was "a great victory" #Oregonstandoff

Karina Brown
5h5 hours ago
Karina Brown ‏@karinapdx
Ward researched #Bunkerville, told Ammon and Payne that won't be tolerated here #Oregonstandoff

Karina BrownFollow
Karina Brown –
@karinapdx
Reporter for @courthousenews
Portland, OR

~ ~ ~

Karina Brown
45m45 minutes ago
Karina Brown ‏@karinapdx
Needham's testimony may clarify the reasons why Ammon Bundy's right hand man plead guilty. #Oregonstandoff

Karina Brown
46m46 minutes ago
Karina Brown ‏@karinapdx
Lt. Needham testified that Ryan Payne told him to remove Ward from office, using "any means necessary including death" #Oregonstandoff

Karina Brown
1h1 hour ago
Karina Brown ‏@karinapdx
Ward said someone slashed his wife's tires during #Oregonstandoff "He's not in this room. But I think he's facing bigger charges."

Karina Brown
1h1 hour ago
Karina Brown ‏@karinapdx
Ward, cont: but an action was being threatened against my community. And they followed through on it. #Oregonstandoff

Karina Brown
1h1 hour ago
Karina Brown ‏@karinapdx
Mumford: did you really feel threatened during #Oregonstandoff ? Ward: I don't think Mr. Bundy is going to be hiding in my closet at night.

Karina Brown
5h5 hours ago
Karina Brown ‏@karinapdx
Ammon told Ward #Bunkerville was "a great victory" #Oregonstandoff

Karina Brown
5h5 hours ago
Karina Brown ‏@karinapdx
Ward researched #Bunkerville, told Ammon and Payne that won't be tolerated here #Oregonstandoff

Thanks for posting the tweets.

I found this article from last week of interest:

Ammon Bundy's lawyer argues for his client's right to wear cowboy boots at trial
By Maxine Bernstein | The Oregonian/OregonLive
on September 07, 2016 at 5:00 AM, updated September 07, 2016 at 8:11 AM

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/09/ammon_bundys_lawyer_argues_for.html

“Before prospective jurors file into Courtroom 9A in the federal courthouse in downtown Portland Wednesday morning, the judge is expected to rule on whether the defendants in the Oregon standoff case who are in custody can wear neckties, belts and boots at trial as requested.

Ammon Bundy's lawyer J. Morgan Philpot argued that his client is innocent until proven guilty, and should be allowed to wear the civilian clothes that he chooses.

"We would prefer our clients not look like disheveled slackers in front of the jury,'' Philpot told the judge during Tuesday's last pretrial conference hearing.

Philpot added later in the day in a written motion, "These men are cowboys, and given that the jury will be assessing their authenticity and credibility, they should be able to present themselves to the jury in that manner.''

On August 27, the U.S. Marshal's Service sent an email to defendants, alerting them that certain clothing items won't be permitted at trial: "Ties, Bows, Belts, Handkerchiefs, Cuff Links, Steel toe boots/shoes, Shoe laces, Shirt tie down straps, Safety pins, Shirt pocket pen protectors."​

More...

Trials today. Been busy lately but there's a lot on Twitter Oregon Standoff. Even a new youtube from David F., it has been posted in the last 24 hours on twitter. Sadly, he sounds the same as he did in Oregon.

[video=youtube;9iqIBpAk1YI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iqIBpAk1YI[/video]

Ryan B. etc...A circus of a day. Hopefully tomorrow will be less busy & will post.

David F. still knows more than anyone and wasn't doing anything wrong. Poor guy.

David F. still knows more than anyone and wasn't doing anything wrong. Poor guy.

I don't know if I understand DF from what I listened to tonight or not. I'll try again. I hear anger and a person who has read up on certain things. Maybe not how to live in today, unfortunetly. I like the kid for some reason. Sad he can't rid himself of the single/select fact driven anger. Hopefully, he will get there soon.

Aha!

From Dr Know's link above:

Ammon Bundy’s Driver

“Trooper Jeremiah Beckert testified Wednesday at the trial of seven members of the occupation of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge that a government informant embedded with the occupiers at the refuge — identified as Bundy’s driver, Mark McConnell — tipped off authorities about the planned trip. On the stand Wednesday, Beckert identified McConnell as the informant.

He testified that McConnell told law enforcement the occupation leaders were on the move toward John Day and provided a “threat assessment.”

Members of the occupation and associated patriot groups have previously accused McConnell of being a government informant. McConnell, who has previously been identified as a leader in the III% patriot group in Arizona, was in the car with Ammon Bundy and others at the time of the arrests, but unlike Bundy and the others taken into custody Jan. 26, McConnell was set free.”​

I guess his will need to seek a new career. I wonder how many more government informants there are?​

Yay, the feds rest their case. In between last post and now was just a circus as predicted. You can check the local reporters tweets for those missed moments, but it was just as off the wall since the beginning of the Oregon Standoff.

Updated 6:27 p.m.

Prosecutors rested their case Tuesday against Ammon Bundy and six co-defendants after presenting jurors with a dramatic display of firearms, including 22 long guns and 12 handguns seized from the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge.

The presentation capped 10 days of testimony in the federal conspiracy case against Ammon Bundy, older brother Ryan Bundy and five others. Defense lawyers and the defendants representing themselves will start their case Wednesday.

Glad I'm not following this case blow by blow anymore. There's too many warped minds for me. At least the judge & prosecution makes sense.

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/09/feds_present_dramatic_display.html

From the article above.

Once the firearms were removed from the courtroom, FBI agents hauled in 14 large black bins, topped with bright yellow lids. They contained evidence bags holding thousands of rounds of ammunition recovered.

Federal agents bagged 18,331 separate pieces of ammunition at the refuge -- including 16,636 live rounds, 1,627 spent casings at the refuge boat launch and 68 spent casings from the headquarters area, Walker testified.

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/09/feds_present_dramatic_display.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back