Day Number 1 What Convinces You There Was No Intruder/12 Days of JonBenet

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Dear Websleuths Members and Visitors,

As we wait for the debut of the JonBenet Ramsey Docu-Series on CBS September 18th I thought we should take some time to look at the evidence in the case.

Each day we will feature a new piece of evidence.

However, on our first day I think it is important to get an idea of what evidence strikes you as the best evidence that points away from an intruder and points to someone in the house that night.

In my opinion the ransom note is the main piece of evidence that points to the Ramsey's.

There are so many reasons why and later in the week we will focus strictly on the ransom note but for today I will leave you with one example of why I believe Patsy wrote the note.

The letter "q". The ransom note "q" is on the left and Patsy's "q" on the right.

I could fill up this forum with the reasons why the ransom note was written by Patsy but we'll save some of the great examples for later in the week.

What one piece of evidence points to someone in the house that night as the killer or someone who helped cover up the killing of JonBenet Ramsey?

Thank you for your participation.

Tricia

Attachments

• 8qs.jpg
    8qs.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 1,923
The ransom note stands out as completely incongruous with an intruder. Just its presence alone is suspicious.

I don't know if I can answer this question, Tricia. For me, there is no one thing; it's a whole lot of things. The note, the staging, the inconsistencies, and on and on. I guess the big one is the fiber evidence and the likely ways those fibers ended up where they did.

Let me expand on that. Patsy's fibers were found in criminally significant places: the paint tote (where the brush handle came from), the duct tape (which they claimed they never had) and the knots of the ligature (also claimed they never had). BPD describes testing how the fibers could have gotten there and finding that direct contact was most likely. For example, Patsy takes the cord and it brushes against her sweater. Same deal with the fibers from John's rare, Israeli-made, velvet-collared & cuffed shirt in JB's panties. If he's got JB's pants pulled down and using whatever it was to penetrate her, as he draws his arm back, it hits the panties and fibers scuff off into them.

Number one for me is not physical evidence.
Its the fact that they didnt bother to ask BR whether he heard, saw anything after JB went... missing.
The fact that JR himself said that the investigators were hired to prepare his defence, not to look for an intruder.
The fact that his attys brought in J. Douglas to tell them whether he is capable of such a crime or not.
The fact that they said only a few days after the murder that they wanna go on.
JRs trips to the basement.And his explanations about that afterwards.

My God the list is so long....I could go on forever...

The ransom note stands out as completely incongruous with an intruder. Just its presence alone is suspicious.

Also, the ransom note was written on paper from the household. What intruder would take the time and risk to do that?

The single piece of evidence IMO that points to the Ramsey's involvement in JBR's murder/coverup is the fact that the Ramseys invited friends into the house after the note was "found." This showed that they knew there wasn't an intruder. If they had really believed there was an intruder, they would have done everything possible to preserve evidence and would have insisted that the police do so too. That they did the exact opposite, despite being intelligent people, shows me that they were trying to contaminate the scene to protect themselves.

Day Number I What Convinces You There Was No Intruder/12 Days of JonBenet

There is no and I mean zero forensic evidence linking to anyone outside of the Ramsey house. Most of the available forensic evidence links all three resident Ramseys directly to the wine-cellar.

The Grand Jury appeared to agree and charged both parents with Child Abuse and Assisting an Offender, so who was the Offender the parents assisted, i.e. staged for?

Who was this third party resident in the Ramsey household, one that due to legal statute the GJ could not name?

Please mail all answers on a postcard to Dr Phil.

I think it was a Richard Walter interview that finally tipped the scales for me. He said he solved a case where the investigators were so close to the case, they had lost their objectivity. Once I pulled my self back, I finally saw deception.

how did I forget....

there is no intruder because unlike other parents of murdered/missing children they NEVER but NEVER looked for the intruder.NEVER.
pls prove me wrong if you can

Day Number I What Convinces You There Was No Intruder/12 Days of JonBenet

There is no and I mean zero forensic evidence linking to anyone outside of the Ramsey house. Most of the available forensic evidence links all three resident Ramseys directly to the wine-cellar.

The Grand Jury appeared to agree and charged both parents with Child Abuse and Assisting an Offender, so who was the Offender the parents assisted, i.e. staged for?

Who was this third party resident in the Ramsey household, one that due to legal statute the GJ could not name?

Please mail all answers on a postcard to Dr Phil.

@bold

it could be that this has nothing to with Burke but with the GJ not being able to decide which adult was the offender and which the accomplice in the cover up

The ransom note raises huge red flags, with the amount requested especially.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

There were five things that stood out to me on day one.

Firstly I questioned why an intruder would search for items to construct a garrote. Any intruder who murdered that I have ever heard of (when there are
people in the house) quickly murder and get out. It made no sense to me that such elaborate methods would be used when an intruder could be
discovered at any moment. Any person could have gotten out of bed and discovered JonBenet not in her room. Intruders get in and out as quickly as they can.

Secondly when I learned that a blanket had been placed on the body I recalled that any time a blanket or something was placed on the child
that usually it was a loved one who did it - a parent or a partner of the murder victim.

Thirdly of course was not just the length of the random note but an intruder walking around the house, taking chances that he/she would be
discovered. Just walking up the stairs to place a note made no sense to me at all when I heard about it.

Fourthly was the fact that the father immediately went to the basement and found the body. I would think that they would search outside of the house first. The odds
of finding a body in the house right away are very low, especially when the police already went down there.

The fifth probably should be my first red flag. If any person discovers a ransom note - especially detailing that their loved one would be "beheaded" if they
called the police - they would never call the police first. Never. Maybe the FBI or a lawyer friend to help them but they would read the entire
note.

These are the reasons that this case immediately caught my eye that this was very unusual and very suspicious of the parents/family who were in the house that night/morning.

There are so many things, I hardly know where to begin. But starting from Day 1? I'd have to say 3 things really set off my hinky meter.

1. Patsy's 911 call.
2. The ransom note.
3. John Ramsey calling his pilot to schedule a flight to Atlanta just 30 minutes after he discovered his daughter dead in basement of their home.

For me, it's threefold: (1) the Ransom note (I'm convinced she wrote it and suspect JR helped. The language (southern/English major), the sheer amount of superfluous language, the religious overtures and of course the striking similarities to her handwriting and style); (2) the 911 call - they lied about Burke being asleep, which they would have no reason to do if they weren't covering up something bigger; (3) the pineapple - when they told police JBR was asleep and went straight to bed they did not think there was anyway someone could dispute that (i.e., they didn't consider an autopsy would prove she did not go straight to bed).

But like others have said, it's really the totality of the evidence (looking at it whole from the balled up sweater to Patsy's fibers on the duct tape and paint tote; even looking at the so-called exculpatory evidence), makes me believe there was never an intruder.

1. The 'War and Peace' of ransom notes left in a place no intruder would leave it (spread out on the back steps the family used to come down for breakfast).
2. The writing consistent with PR's handwriting, on a pad & pen found inside the house, with a prior practice note being discovered
3. Red fiber(s) matching those from PR's red Xmas sweater found on the duct tape on JBR
4. Intact cobwebs outside the broken window that had not been disturbed
5. John making a beeline for the wine cellar room.
6. The level of rigor mortis & smell of decomp detected when JR brought JBR upstairs
7. The scene and JBR's body being staged (her hands were tied loosely and far apart)
8. The reference to the $118K bonus that only a few people knew about

I could go on and on but I'll stop right there.

The fact that a group of kidnappers was on the loose and had taken one of their two children but the other child was left sleeping and then quickly sent away to someone else's home. NO WAY- never gonna happen.

Once it was known that the foreign faction had actually murdered their child in THEIR home, during the night but their remaining child was kept at bay from detectives and questions? Are you kidding me?

I would NOT let my living child out of my sight if my other child was kidnapped by a foreign faction that did not care for my husbands business practices. I would be demanding police protection for an indefinite amount of time.

Also, the fact that neither parent went absolutely nuts when the ransom time came and went without a phone call. Come on.

For me it's always been the ransom letter more than all the other hinky things. Who sits in a person's house and writes a 3 page ransom letter? On the homeowner's own tablet? Especially when it's not a kidnapping but a murder? It's pointless to write a letter at all if you have already killed the child. Granted, you might have written the letter beforehand, perhaps not intending to kill the child, but wouldn't you just bring a letter to the scene with you or write a very short and to the point note?

The only way I could see an intruder doing the letter is if he/she had access to the house beforehand as a regular guest/family member, and previously wrote it on the Ramsey's tablet in preparation, maybe to divert suspicion onto the family, but I don't believe that.

The letter, in my opinion, was intended to lead police away from the house, away from the cellar. If this is RDI, then the goal would be to wait out the police presence in the house until an opportunity came to remove the body. But the police weren't leaving. And the situation was too tense and unbearable. So the body had to be "found".

The undoing as in JB wrapped in a blanket with her favorite nightgown nearby.

PR's clothing fibers under the tape on JB's mouth and in the ligature.

THe RN on the step where PR said she stepped over it which proved impossible. And JR reading the note on the floor. Sure!

NOt asking BR if he had seen JB or heard anything.

MOO

Looking back, even before I became aware of the details of evidence mentioned in this thread, the ONE BIG THING that pointed to Ramsey guilt for me was that they waited months to agree to be thoroughly interviewed by police. No parents who are innocent and want to catch their daughter's killer would refuse to cooperate immediately! Instead, they went on television to proclaim their innocence. It was as if they felt they were above the law, and to me, their arrogance cost them all credibility.

Looking back, even before I became aware of the details of evidence mentioned in this thread, the ONE BIG THING that pointed to Ramsey guilt for me was that they waited months to agree to be thoroughly interviewed by police. No parents who are innocent and want to catch their daughter's killer would refuse to cooperate immediately! Instead, they went on television to proclaim their innocence. It was as if they felt they were above the law, and to me, their arrogance cost them all credibility.

Oh yes, me too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back