Dan Rassier: Former POI **Wrongly accused**

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a long time ago. This is the only article I could find. It doesn't mention much about the dogs. http://www.nytimes.com/1987/08/14/nyregion/body-unearthed-on-si-is-that-of-missing-girl.html

A retired firefighter, George Kramer, led other searchers Wednesday night to a spot he had noticed where clay was mixed with darker topsoil. The volunteers began digging and eventually unearthed the body, the police said.

Case closed, or just the suspicion of the searcher I should say. Who in a 25 mile circle could have done this?

A retired firefighter, George Kramer, led other searchers Wednesday night to a spot he had noticed where clay was mixed with darker topsoil. The volunteers began digging and eventually unearthed the body, the police said.

Case closed, or just the suspicion of the searcher I should say. Who in a 25 mile circle could have done this?

She was a victim of the serial killer Andre Rand....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andre_Rand

I now live in a small country that has lots and lots of illegal mj. People grow it and use it. The country gets lots of tourists who think they are going to make their fortune bringing in drugs such as cocaine or meth, Consequently, there are drug dogs.

I worry that some drugs will get on my luggage. One time I was in LAX carrying a hat made as a gift for me. The drug dog chose me. He came and sat down next to me. The LE told me to not move. They took my luggage and ran it through a special scanner, It is fun to have everyone looking at you.

Was it a false hit? Who knows as there are plenty of people using around me and really no reason to not pick up some trace.It was interesting how the dog simply came and sat down.

Because we now know it to be irrelevant to Jacob's disappearance, and the crime is solved. There's also no discernible connection to any other crime, so no reason to test it.

I think you're missing the point a bit. The info in the warrant was known to LE. Today we are at the point where Heinrich has confessed and Jacob is found and the crime is solved. Last month, it wasn't solved. Or in November, it wasn't. Either way, they had the tech to test it and they didn't, yet Rassier remained a POI. Had they tested it, they could have eliminated any doubts anyone (and with that I mean anyone working on the case mostly) had about him being a POI and put the matter to bed.So why didn't they? <modsnip>

I think you're missing the point a bit. The info in the warrant was known to LE. Today we are at the point where Heinrich has confessed and Jacob is found and the crime is solved. Last month, it wasn't solved. Or in November, it wasn't. Either way, they had the tech to test it and they didn't, yet Rassier remained a POI. Had they tested it, they could have eliminated any doubts anyone (and with that I mean anyone working on the case mostly) had about him being a POI and put the matter to bed.So why didn't they? <modsnip>

Did they have the tech to test it though? The last time I discussed this case before it was solved, when we were all still arguing about DR and did he do it, was about six months ago, and at that stage LE was saying they were keeping the samples till science advanced. That sounded like a pile of baloney to me then and it still does now.

For me, the question was why DR was a POI. He is from a very distinguished, respected family. Some people said it was because LE was picking on him.

Seeing the search warrants indicates they had reasons. Some people do not see that and think there was nothing of any concern. If for some reason LE came to my house, had cadaver dogs hit on a trunk I owned , and then find blood splatter I would be freaked out.

From the site

Properly trained HRD dogs should NOT be hitting on anything other than decomp. Dirty diapers are not decomp, unless there are trace amounts of decomp ON them.
Human remains are exactly that- remains of humans. There has to be biological human remains present for an HRD dog to alert accurately.

That said- there would have to be trace human remains left behind (no matter the substrate) in order to have an accurate and verified hit from an HRD dog.

For me, the question was why DR was a POI. He is from a very distinguished, respected family. Some people said it was because LE was picking on him.

Seeing the search warrants indicates they had reasons. Some people do not see that and think there was nothing of any concern. If for some reason LE came to my house, had cadaver dogs hit on a trunk I owned , and then find blood splatter I would be freaked out.

I don't recall anybody saying he was a POI because LE was picking on him. He was suspected because Kevin came forward and explained a car in the driveway that night leading people to believe that the abductor may have been on foot. Then I think some, including the local police, got tunnel vision about DR because he was on the spot.

From the site

Quote Originally Posted by sarx View Post
I think this is going to throw people into a state of confusion. Are you saying that an HRD dog is going to hit on every bandaid, tampon, pad, knee rub on the sheet, hangnail that bled, bloody nose tissue, etc?

No, no no! Sorry for the confusion. I'm talking about timing. How long blood or other bodily fluids have been on a scene, before a specially trained dog can hold a hit in court. Sorry- probably a response for the SAR dog thread.

I don't recall anybody saying he was a POI because LE was picking on him. He was suspected because Kevin came forward and explained a car in the driveway that night leading people to believe that the abductor may have been on foot. Then I think some, including the local police, got tunnel vision about DR because he was on the spot.

There are many posts on here re the picking on of DR

We need to remember what LE writes in a search warrant isn't evidence. What appeared to be blood spatter may not have been blood spatter.

If we ever see the test results it could explain what was seen by LE. Until that happens it's just a guess that blood spatter was present. If I were to guess, I would say that it wasn't blood spatter. JMO

There are many posts on here re the picking on of DR

They were picking on him but that's not why he was a suspect. He became a suspect after Kevin came forward and they got tunnel vision about their new theory that the kidnapper was on foot.

Any time LE goes to a judge, requesting a search warrant, it's almost never denied or questioned. If's assumed LE knows what they're doing, which in this case, well, they didn't. I would like to question the judge. Did he even fully read the warrant? Did he question any part of what the warrant said? Probably not.

There was no blood splatter , zero evidence that pointed to Dan. There was just bad police work and inaccurate reporting.

Any time LE goes to a judge, requesting a search warrant, it's almost never denied or questioned. If's assumed LE knows what they're doing, which in this case, well, they didn't. I would like to question the judge. Did he even fully read the warrant? Did he question any part of what the warrant said? Probably not.

LE knows the law. They know what has to go into a warrant. They cannot simply say gimme one cuz I want it.

So you think cadaver dog hits and blood spatter are irrelevant? I am not talking about today but at the time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg