GUILTY IL - Deborah Dewey, 62, Ladd, 22 Aug 2016 *Arrest*

He actually used to be a pretty big guy, he has health issues and lost weight. I don't know that he's week though. He is currently married to Dianne, Deb's sister. Their son Nathan (who was questioned and released overnight) is 35. Both the Dianne and their son have FB accounts, most of it is private, but there are pictures of the family. Most people believe that he was not acting alone (after the fact at least). His and Nathans vehicles were both taken last night, along with electronics. They never took Dianne into custody, so why they brought Nathan in is up in the air as of now. I do believe in IL a grand jury has to hand down a murder indictment, so this is a way of keeping him until they can do so, with rumors of dismemberment, I'm sure it will just take time and forensics. A small community has no patience though.

I'm still pondering over your observation yesterday.................the landscaper was there on Saturday and didn't notice anything unusual, on Sunday he notices a freshly dug grave.............so exactly where was she for the 2 weeks prior to that ? Could it be that the landscaper just happened to notice it on Sunday, maybe after word of her disappearance spread ?

I have a feeling the son was arrested because he was the person that went and got Dad from the truck stop........of course his son may not have had any idea what Dad had been up to and was simply caught up in the cover-up.

He was not arrested, he was taken into custody and released hours later. He is at home with his mom right now. The lansdcaper is just a young boy who mows the yard, so he could have overlooked it, but no one knows right now. (I also hope they give him the reward money, w/o him, they may never have searched there).

He actually used to be a pretty big guy, he has health issues and lost weight. I don't know that he's week though. He is currently married to Dianne, Deb's sister. Their son Nathan (who was questioned and released overnight) is 35. Both the Dianne and their son have FB accounts, most of it is private, but there are pictures of the family. Most people believe that he was not acting alone (after the fact at least). His and Nathans vehicles were both taken last night, along with electronics. They never took Dianne into custody, so why they brought Nathan in is up in the air as of now. I do believe in IL a grand jury has to hand down a murder indictment, so this is a way of keeping him until they can do so, with rumors of dismemberment, I'm sure it will just take time and forensics. A small community has no patience though.

Could they have taken Nathan in to see if he picked up his father in Morris (or vice versa)....still many questions....how did the car get to Morris, how did whoever parked the car in Morris get to where ever they live afterwards, if the grave was fresh then where was she for almost 3 weeks, and more. I can understand why it's still an open investigation and hope ISP gets answers soon. My heart breaks for Debs son, her sister, and the other family and friends.

Another thing I thought of earlier was that in one of the first interviews it was said that she left Dollar General on Monday and turned and headed down 89 toward the way you would go to Granville....well, that would be the way you would go to Standard also....89 to 71. Was she going to see her sister? There were supposedly no calls or texts to her BIL or sister that day that we know of as it was stated last one was at 7am to a co-worker. So was she just popping in to see her? Was it pre-arranged that she would go there Monday on her day off? If so, I would think the ISP had that info from her sister. It's just so confusing. Hoping for answers for her family soon that they find out what happened.

He was not arrested, he was taken into custody and released hours later. He is at home with his mom right now. The lansdcaper is just a young boy who mows the yard, so he could have overlooked it, but no one knows right now. (I also hope they give him the reward money, w/o him, they may never have searched there).

Could Clifford (or who ever put Deb in the shallow grave) have thought on Saturday that the young boy was done and didn't know/think he was coming back on Sunday to do more yard work? Therefore they would be in the "clear" with the freshly turned dirt as by the next time it got mowed it would have started to grow over and compacted? I don't know...my mind is just going in a million directions

He went before a judge today and charges were upgraded from class 4 felony concealment of a death to class 3 felony concealment of a homicidal death.

From the article: " During the proceedings, McCuskey read findings of the case, stating Andersen had allegedly taken Dewey's body, which had been found at a vacant home in Standard on Monday evening, wrapped it in a blue moving blanket, covered it in a blue tarp, wrapped it in rope and duct tape, and buried it in a shallow grave.]

http://newstrib.com/main.asp?SectionID=2&SubSectionID=126&ArticleID=53381

I wonder when someone is going to be changed with murder?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More charges possible in Standard homicide investigation as new evidence comes forward

“We are very confident in our investigation to this point,” said state police investigator Jeff Padilla. “We expect further charges will be filed as more evidence comes forward. There are other people with involvement or knowledge about what happened.”

Padilla could not elaborate the nature of the potential charges or whom the charges may be filed against, but said the there is no reason for a public safety concern at this time.

http://newstrib.com/main.asp?SectionID=2&SubSectionID=126&ArticleID=53504

From your link justice_hunter:

"Padilla said investigators have identified a person or persons involved with moving the car. However, the investigation does not point toward a family member being involved with relocation of the vehicle."

"Padilla said there still is a “massive” amount of forensic evidence to be analyzed and investigators still are working to put together a timeline in Dewey’s death. At Andersen’s arraignment in Putnam County Court on Sept. 15, it was stated that Dewey’s body allegedly was buried on or around Sept. 2. However, Padilla said that has not been conclusively determined."

"Initial reports indicated a person mowing grass at the Fifth Street house where Dewey’s body was discovered led investigators to the site. Padilla said that report is inaccurate, saying the boy had noticed the ground but didn’t “put two and two together.”

http://m.bcrnews.com/2016/09/22/isp-asks-the-public-for-help-in-the-death-of-deborah-dewey/a24hks3/

We have a very strong case, but there is still a lot of work to do. We're still very much in the middle of this investigation," he said, adding police are currently analyzing phone records.

Police have posted fliers around the TA Truck Stop/R Place Restaurant in Morris area asking for anyone who may have seen Clifford Andersen or given him a ride between Monday, Aug. 22, and Monday, Aug. 29.

Andersen, 66, of Standard has been charged with concealment of a homicidal death in connection to the death of Dewey, 62. Andersen is Dewey's brother-in-law

The flier states, "Have you seen?" followed by a photo of Andersen. The flyer continues by saying, "A Marine veteran, he (Andersen) usually wears some type of military baseball cap and frequently discusses assisting veterans. Andersen routinely visits truck stops in the area and plays gambling machines.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

https://inmemoriumwlpo.wordpress.com/2016/09/28/deborah-dewey/

Deborah Dewey

Posted by wlpo on September 28, 2016

62-year old Deborah Dewey died on Monday, September 12th.

A Celebration of Life ceremony will be held Sunday from 2:00 to 5:00 at Senica’s Oak Ridge in La Salle.

Mrs. Dewey was born February 13, 1954 in La Salle to William Thomas and Frances Edgcomb. She was the youngest in a family of 14.

She worked at Riverfront Machinery in Spring Valley. She was known as a practical joker with a heart of gold to her friends and family, with whom she loved spending time.

Mrs. Dewey is survived by her son, Chris of La Salle, her brothers; Jack and Gary Edgcomb of La Salle, her sisters Shirley Soens of La Salle and Linda Leslie of Earlville, as well as several nieces and nephews.

In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be directed to the “Deborah Dewey Memorial Fund,” P.O. Box 37, Oglesby, 61348.

Online condolences may be shared at www.burgessfh.com.

Her sister, Cliff's wife, is not mentioned, even on the funeral home website where they list ALL of the siblings, most have passed. Dianne was posting on facebook about her as she was missing. I'm not sure whose decision this was.) FB RUMOR: In the very beginning there was a female arguing w/ Chris (her son) about him not telling her that Mom was missing even though they didn't get along. So, I'm not sure where she fits in either.

Police look at motive, Andersen's movements, in Dewey case
from the article: On Thursday, State Police Lt. Jeff Padilla said police know how Dewey was killed, but cannot reveal that information so as to protect the case. Padilla added he expects more charges, but not for at least two to three weeks. He would not say against whom the charges might be filed.
more: http://www.mywebtimes.com/news/loca...cle_f8a892b6-50b8-5586-950f-de79b129632d.html

I am super curious about this case, as I cannot figure out a motive. Maybe an argument that got out of hand?

Investigators in the Deborah Dewey murder investigation are meeting today to finalize evidence reports in preparation for turning the case over to the Putnam County state’s attorney.

[...]

Padilla said he is unable to discuss whether additional charges will be filed against Cliff Andersen, Dewey’s 66-year-old brother-in-law, who is being in Bureau County Jail. He is charged with concealing a homicidal death.

[...]

Padilla, however, still wouldn’t elaborate on a motive.

“I just don’t feel comfortable letting that out in public yet,” he said.

http://newstrib.com/main.asp?SectionID=2&SubSectionID=28&ArticleID=53917

Possible crime scene found in Deborah Dewey death investigation

Investigators said they may have found a possible crime scene in connection to the death of Deborah Dewey, according to a report by NewsTribune.

On Tuesday, March 14, 2017, Dewey's brother-in-law Clifford Andersen, who is charged in the case, had no opposition to DNA testing of blood found at the aforementioned possible crime scene. The samples will be tested at the Illinois State Police Crime Lab, according to court records.

Andersen allows DNA testing of samples connected with Dewey death

In the motion to allow testing of samples, state’s attorney Christina (Judd) Mennie listed blood swabbed from the east living room wall of a residence, stains removed from a pair of Skechers tennis shoes, swabbings from the outside area of the right and left wheels of a vehicle, swabbings from some duct tape from the scene, filter paper used to wipe down the power cord of a Bissell cleaner, portion of a stain collected from the inside of a carpet shampooer and blood found inside a part from the shampooer, and swabbing of inside the right side wheel well areas of a vehicle and a carpet cleaner hand tool.

Judge OKs new rule for press video in felony case

The defense counsel and prosecution agreed and joined in a motion to not allow courtroom video taken by news media to show Andersen or members of the victim’s family, Elward said.

The lawyers also agreed to dates of May 8 for further motions, a hearing on those motions July 6, and a jury trial on Oct. 16, vacating the previous jury trial date of May 8.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mintexas
Back