Deceased/Not Found Canada - Lyle, 78, & Marie McCann, 77, Alberta, 5 July 2010 #2 *T. Vader guilty*

Judge just beginning to deliver his verdict. This is expected to go on for some time (heard earlier 1 1/2 to 2 hrs)

ETA: Hmmm. Watching BC1 and they showed the judge speaking, broke away, and then said they will come back when the judge commences speaking. Anyone else watching?

I'm watching....but won't have the time or patience to sit through all of it if it's going to be 1.5-2 hours.

It's only 20 minutes into the reading of the decision, but based on what I'm hearing, I predict TV is going down.

Justice Denny Thomas still delivering a very detailed chronology of events.

Judge will now read his decisions as to whether Crown has established events beyond a reasonable doubt.

"Are the McCanns dead?" Assembled facts lead to only one reasonable conclusion .. the McCanns are dead"

paraphrased "I find beyond a reasonable doubt that TV's motive was to steal their property"

McCanns and their property were probably only an opportunity ... an opportunity that TV took

[Strictly IMO ... at this point it appears judge is leaning towards 2nd degree based on not knowing that premed was involved as alleged by the Crown]

Not Guilty on 1st degree
Guilty of 2nd degree

Court will adjourn and return in 1 hour

I was watching live but missed some. Thanks for the updates Silly

Judge couldn't find guilty of 1st because although Crown's theory was that one of the McCanns was killed so as not to be a living witness to the murder of whomever was killed first, there was another plausible explanation that the murder did not constitute premed.

[Hope this isn't contempt of court, but I just wanna hug Justice Denny Thomas and ruffle his curly white hair] :hug:

CTV reporter Janet Dirks was in the courtroom ... says Vader strutted into court with his chest puffed out but looked like he was fighting back tears during the reading of the decision.

Poor baby :cry:

Guilty verdict without a body based on circumstantial evidence. :clap::clap::clap:

McCann family will speak to the media before court reconvenes.

Thanks for the updates, I am very pleased.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin
Back