The Case of JonBenet Ramsey-CBS Sept. 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm way behind, but what of the possibility that BR hit her on the head, but JR was the one who had been molesting her, and PR knew to some degree (perhaps in denial). JR would have a compelling reason to 1. keep the severely injured and dying girl out of the hospital to avoid a complete physical where the sexual abuse would be exposed (and JR did the garotte), and 2. to fake a sexual assault to cover evidence of the abuse.

I've read that people have discounted JR sexually abusing her because of a lack of history when he had two other daughters. Well, one of those older daughters is dead, and it's not uncommon for abuse victims to stay silent. And the biggie, for me, was that, unlike her half sisters, JBR was extremely sexuallized, dressed in provocative clothes, made up to look years older.

This would explain the garotte, the cover up...

Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Did they ever find evidence that any of the Ramseys had ever made a garotte before? I don't think someone could make a garotte like the one used who had never done it before.

My question had nothing to do with the Boulder PD. I did'nt even mention them. I said the makers of the ABC documentary said they were going to state a specific name of who killed JonBenet. I have no idea where you got I was talking about the Boulder PD since we were discussing what was going to be revealed in the documentary.

Of course it would be the DA to make that call. Its never been the duty of the police to confirm there is enough evidence to prove guilt. LE are simply the gatherer of the facts in evidence..then they turn it over to the DA. This man has been the DA since 2009 has he not? I just read an article about the current DA and he says he knows all about the Ramsey case and the evidence which he says has never been publicly disclosed and would only be shown if it ever went to trial. He said he would never disclose all the evidence they have and compromise this case. This implies the case according to him isn't solved and remains open with the possibility that someone may be tried for her murder one day.

Like I said earlier, I am much more interested in any statement the current DA may make than the documentary and surely the press will be wanting his comment on the ABC show.

What I DID say was if this case has the evidence where it would meet the probable cause threshold as to who would be arrested for her murder then the DA needs to come out and end all of this speculation. He can easily say the evidence points to so and so enough that he would be asking for an arrest and indictment against such person but due to the age of the defendant at the time of the murder it isn't possible for them to be arrested at this time. That is if it is Burke or even if it is Patsy he could also come out and say the evidence is there for probable cause to arrest and charge her but of course that cant be done since she is deceased.

I have seen in other murder cases where the DAs did come out and say so and so was responsible for the murder of someone but the offender died back in xxxx.

I rarely if ever mention the BPD because to me they were worse than keystone cops so to cover up their gross ineptness they quickly honed in on the parents did it and got tunnel vision.

I'm confused...are you referring to the CBS documentary..or did ABC do one too?

Well, I should be eating crow right now after a post I made last week about Dr Phil and how he's no dummy, he's not fooled, yada yada yada. OMG that defense of Burke and the Ramseys QandA was the most disgusting thing I've ever seen. He and L Lin Wood must be two disgusting peas in a legal bullchit pod. I'm sick.
It IS really bad, and, although he is not a journalist, this should be disclosed (the connection of the lawyer). It was in some of the print press earlier (prior to airing), right? I guess mainstream media does not really cover (take seriously?) Dr. Phil so he gets away with these things without scrutiny...

Dogface, you may not be aware, but there is a reason DP was so "softball" in his approach, as you correctly stated. (Frankly, I think "softball" is being generous -- I'd call if flat-out pro-Ramsey bias). Anyway -- Dr. Phil and his wife Robin HIRED LIN WOOD OVER THE SUMMER to represent THEM in their separate lawsuit against the National Enquirer for $250M. Dr. Phil NEVER disclosed this to viewers (unless he did so today - I haven't watched today's segment yet) and this obvious conflict of interest absolutely should have been disclosed to viewers. Incidentally, I attempted to post about Dr. Phil's failure to disclose that fact that he and the Ramseys now share the same attorney THREE separate times on the Dr. Phil message board. And guess what? The moderators blocked my post EVERY time. I have lost ALL respect for Dr. Phil. He shows zero ethics and integrity in my book for this blatant omission in my opinion.
Thanks for sharing that about the message board post. He should at least own up to it. Thanks for your attempts to bring this to peoples attention. I wonder if you could post on his FB page?

After all the talk about DNA, I will now make sure I wash all new clothes before wearing them! Also, I think I will buy a big bottle of hand sanitizer!!

Here is an interview of Stanley Garnett in 2015. Of interest is the segment concerning the letter of exoneration sent by Mary Lacy:

http://getboulder.com/boulder-county-district-attorney-stan-garnett/

This is the segment:

Interviewer: "Many of us are still troubled by the outcome of the JonBenét Ramsey murder. You’ve disagreed with former DA Mary Lacy’s exoneration of the Ramsey family. Why?

Stanley Garnett: "We would love to get justice for JonBenét. As I’ve said from the very beginning, the definitive issue with the JonBenét case is, what does the evidence show? I disagreed with exoneration [of her parents, John and Patsy Ramsey] because I did not think it was the appropriate role of the district attorney to issue an exoneration in a case like that.

[After] grand-jury documents were revealed, I did a guest opinion which said that district attorneys are not priests. Everybody is presumed innocent. Our job is to determine whether there’s enough evidence to charge someone, and if there’s not, we pretty much keep our mouths shut and move forward.

The evidence in the Ramsey case is extremely confusing, extremely compromised. It’s been a fundamental problem with that case from the very beginning, from the crime scene to an unlimited number of mistakes made in that case by the police, by the prosecution, by all kinds of folks. So I felt that the exoneration gave a definitive sense to the case that is not warranted by the state of the evidence, and I also think it’s confusing if people believe that the district attorney’s job is to go around issuing absolution to people."
Amen! Great find zen!

After all the talk about DNA, I will now make sure I wash all new clothes before wearing them! Also, I think I will buy a big bottle of hand sanitizer!!
I need a big bottle of wine... just saying!:laughing:

I am a little shocked that the CBS "experts" are trying to determine this case from a "rational" person perspective. A psychopath isn't a rational person.

Did they ever find evidence that any of the Ramseys had ever made a garotte before? I don't think someone could make a garotte like the one used who had never done it before.

That has always been one of my problems with the idea that one of the Ramseys did it. It's not that it looks particularly difficult to make or anything, but it has the look of a tool someone uses because they enjoy and fantasize about strangling. If you asked me to stage a strangulation I'd probably come up with pantyhose or an electrical chord, not a garotte.

Ok just saw the skull/flashlight demo. I am sold. The flashlight did it. I think also, because the skull was mounted, it didn't move how a body would and absorb the impact like a living body would, and even then the strike produced a very, very similar shape.
Plus there wasn't a brain inside the skull so that would've added to the large crack as well as the brain swelling also. Sad to even think about. :(

I am a little shocked that the CBS "experts" are trying to determine this case from a "rational" person perspective. A psychopath isn't a rational person.

No but they do share certain traits and patterns of behavior that can be subject to methodical analysis.

If BPD thinks a possible perp is dead, even cremated, they could still do DNA testing. If they are saying the sample on the clothes was 'touch' DNS, doesn't it make sense the suspect would have touched SOMETHING where he lived, too? What about through any relatives? This seems like an 'anyone but a Ramsey' defense.

Candace DeLong has got to be the biggest idiot they could have on this show. She says the stupidest things ALL THE TIME and on EVERY show she is on. Okay, MAYBE she knows her job, but come on, stop talking like I'm a 3 year old. I adore true crime shows, but she ruins it for me.

The thing I'm liking most is the way they are detailing the timeline and crime scene with the FACTS of the day. I'd heard so much info over the years it's been tough to correlate the data. Another thing I'm really liking is the professionals in their fields are giving details of the subjects they KNOW.

Fascinating.

Missed the Dr. Phil show from today. I've watched all of them this month and the CBS show is the best and most accurate. Now I wonder what Fleet White knows. Maybe Burke did say something to him that morning and Fleet hasn't been able to tell because of threats from the Ramsey legal team.

I don't think the R's can do anything to them 20 years later. I think friends and neighbors are just tired of this case and want to lead quiet, out of the spotlight lives.

I'm way behind, but what of the possibility that BR hit her on the head, but JR was the one who had been molesting her, and PR knew to some degree (perhaps in denial). JR would have a compelling reason to 1. keep the severely injured and dying girl out of the hospital to avoid a complete physical where the sexual abuse would be exposed (and JR did the garotte), and 2. to fake a sexual assault to cover evidence of the abuse.

I've read that people have discounted JR sexually abusing her because of a lack of history when he had two other daughters. Well, one of those older daughters is dead, and it's not uncommon for abuse victims to stay silent. And the biggie, for me, was that, unlike her half sisters, JBR was extremely sexuallized, dressed in provocative clothes, made up to look years older.

This would explain the garotte, the cover up...

Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I would like to throw another thought into the mix. That PR could have been sexually abusing her children. I don't think it can be refuted that PR was responsible for the 'sexualisation' of her daughter, barely yet out of babyhood, at the pageants. I was truly alarmed and stunned when I saw that tiny girl sauntering across the stage and swinging her hips, aired in the CBS programme, and to use a word that I think BR used in his Dr Phil TV interview, that had my ears instantly pricked, flaunting herself.

Something else that had me wondering (a bit) was what PR said in her interview about applying napkin (diaper) rash cream to JonBenet on a tissue. I thought that was rather odd, and it seemed to me to be a preemptive explanation, because they then went on to tell her that JonBenet had been sexually abused prior to the night of her death. I have never applied cream to babies on a tissue, but maybe that's just me. And if rashes were still a problem for JonBenet at 6 years old, she was probably old enough to apply cream then by herself.

And I also say this because we currently have no knowledge of JR's older children being victims of abuse (that is not to say however that they weren't abused because as you say it tends to remain hidden), and also because there was no evidence in JBR of penile assault.

This article that I have linked gives more information about women as perpetrators of sexual abuse -
[FONT=&quot]
"In 2004, childline asked each of those callers who were ringing their helpline about sexual abuse to tell them the gender of their abuser. It revealed that over the period of one year, 11 per cent of callers said they were being abused by a woman: a total of 8,637 children, of whom 6,538 were girls and 2,099 boys. The NSPCC also conducted its own research in 2005, the results of which suggest that around 5 per cent of children who suffer sexual abuse in Britain do so at the hands of a woman, which is the number regularly cited by other experts in the field. But as Zoe Hilton, the charity's policy advisor for child protection, suggests: "The true extent of female sexual abuse is still a hidden picture." [/FONT]

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...old-story-of-societys-last-taboo-1767688.html

JR was in the US Navy, surely he knew how to tie knots.

If BPD thinks a possible perp is dead, even cremated, they could still do DNA testing. If they are saying the sample on the clothes was 'touch' DNS, doesn't it make sense the suspect would have touched SOMETHING where he lived, too? What about through any relatives? This seems like an 'anyone but a Ramsey' defense.

Candace DeLong has got to be the biggest idiot they could have on this show. She says the stupidest things ALL THE TIME and on EVERY show she is on. Okay, MAYBE she knows her job, but come on, stop talking like I'm a 3 year old. I adore true crime shows, but she ruins it for me.
Seriously....what are her credentials?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members