Australia - Tiahleigh Palmer, 12, slain, Pimpama River, Qld, 30 Oct 2015 #1 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went looking for those too, and articles have been edited to remove reference to the school mentioned in the ad, and to remove 'incident' in regards to closing of the day care. I didn't think I was going crazy!!!
Sometimes a screen grab is better than a link when stuff is being hastily sanitised.

according to channel 7 news, it was revealed at trent thorburn's court hearing today that the foster mother knew about the incest but covered it up! :steamed:

7 news sydney ‏@7newssydney [video=twitter;778505558122827777]https://twitter.com/7newssydney/status/778505558122827777[/video]
beenleigh: Foster brother feared he may have got tiahleigh pregnant, court told. @chrisreason7 #7news

blah!

Yep, foster children and busily flogging his frankfurts in the back of a van.
Not to mention the horseshows and the muscle cars.

Gotta keep that income stream going.
...and busily flogging his frankfurts in the back of a van. When I read that my mind went to places it just shouldn't go to! :facepalm: :laughing:

If biological parents took full responsibly for bringing these children into the world, as reliable parents, these vulnerable children would not have to

be placed in foster care IN THE FIRST PLACE.....DISGRACEFUL & DISGUSTINGl....MOO.

I think that's unfair to people that get their children removed wrongfully by the state and then have a big legal fight on their hands to get them back. You need to take that into consideration as well.
http://www.care2.com/c2c/group/FightingSocialServices
And if the Aus. Govt. stopped encouraging teen pregnancies with really good benefits to sit at home and use tax payer money to raise those kids instead of going out to work to support the children they have, some might think twice before bringing children into this world.

Tiahleigh murder accused advertised for student lodgers

21st Sep 2016 2:33 PM Updated: 5:50 PM

THE man accused of murdering Tiahleigh Palmer seems to have advertised for "one or two" students from a Brisbane school to lodge with him and his family.

A man named Rick Thorburn posted the advertisement on the Hills International College's Facebook page on November 23, 2015.

A man of the same name has been charged with murdering Tiahleigh.

This was about six weeks after the 12-year-old Logan schoolgirl disappeared in late October last year.

"We have accommodation available for one or two students," the message to followers of the Jimboomba P-12 co-educational day and boarding college Facebook page reads.

"Happy home environment on acreage, own room and pickup/drop off available.

"Can take in for Christmas break no problem and are happy to have you join in our family activities."

The post then goes on to describe Mr Thorburn and his family.

"There are four of us, myself Rick and wife Julene and two sons both ex Hills students Josh and Trent aged 19 and 20 as well as our horses and dogs."

BBM:

Am I allowed to post this? It is a screenshot, but it's being used by MSM

"Tiahleigh Palmer's accused murder advertised a room for students just four weeks after his foster daughter was last seen and described the home as 'happy' and 'safe'.

Rick Thorburn posted on the Facebook page of a Queensland school saying his family had accommodation available for 'one or two students'.

'Happy home environment on acreage, own room and pick up/drop off available,' he wrote on November 23, 2015."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tised-students-stay-family.html#ixzz4KrpVL7ka

cb5670c0c27f6cfff241dd2cea975e07.jpg

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Hi everyone!*

This is my very first post,* so please be nice lol

I have been watching this case, since the very first time this poor girls missing post, was shared on FB. I have have nothing but feelings of* extreme sadness for her and her family.* I do have to wonder,* or maybe hope, that this wasn't as sinister as we think. Is it, at all possible that it was a terrible accident? That Tiahleigh and Trent possibly had a relationship, that they shouldn't of had,* and it all got wayyy out of control? I have teenagers, and they go to school with other teenagers, kids these days think nothing of dating older grades or younger grades.*

"They alleged a Facebook message conversation between Mr Thorburn and his cousin showed him saying he'd had sex with Tiahleigh the Monday before her disappearance because she'd threatened to kill his dog."

What I'm getting from this is that it wasn't "consensual" (not that a 12 yo can consent, but..)

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...oma-wont-appear-in-court-20160921-grkwvf.html

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

I get the same feeling Freya ... But hey he ' only did it because she threatened to kill his dog' .....WTF . What sort of mental & anger management issues does that boy have.

I cant understand why the charge of incest and not Rape... Oh hang on, maybe because poor little Tiahleigh is not here to establish 'consensual' or otherwise.

Apparently she confided a month earlier that he had tried to touch her.

i had wondered earlier if there was some sort of 'relationship' happening as I read a statement that 'when the foster-parents were not home, the FB would have sex with her, however this article makes think me think it may only have been that once, and perhaps stupid weakling Trent was so appalled and consumed with guilt, that he told his cousin on Facebook . Did I say 'stupid' , so many other adjectives apply for sure as well.

and then Dad's solution is 'OK, I'll just kill her' ... really ? I think there is a whole lot more to come out yet, and right at this moment, I am actually ashamed to belong to the human species.

Hi everyone!*

I have been watching this case, since the very first time this poor girls missing post, was shared on FB. I have have nothing but feelings of* extreme sadness for her and her family.* I do have to wonder,* or maybe hope, that this wasn't as sinister as we think. Is it, at all possible that it was a terrible accident? That Tiahleigh and Trent possibly had a relationship, that they shouldn't of had,* and it all got wayyy out of control? I have teenagers, and they go to school with other teenagers, kids these days think nothing of dating older grades or younger grades.*

'that this wasn't as sinister as we think'.... she was found, dead, thrown on the swampy bank of a river, minus her clothes.. she had been missing for quite some time, and her killer never said a word, but he knew she was dead, and they, the family , knew she was dead, they probably knew where she was thrown. . frankly, I think that's sinister, in a very particular kind of way, but hey, that's just me.

She was in foster care as per this article

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ng-overcome-criminal-past-regain-custody.html

The girl whose body was found in a Queensland river a week after she went missing was in foster care and had often run away from home, a former carer says.

As police stepped up their investigation into whether Tiahleigh Palmer, 12, was murdered, details of the girl’s troubled have emerged, including that her mother was hoping to regain custody after spending years in and out of prison.

Her former foster carer Julie Pemberton says the girls’ mother Cyndi Palmer, 30, was preparing for a custody hearing as she believed she finally ‘had her life on track’ after struggling as a teen mum and spending years in and out of prison.
VERY SAD....(Her mother was hoping to regain custody after spending years in and out of prison)........Just watching Tialeigh's grandma speaking on 7 News tonight and thought what a pity that she couldn't have looked after Tialeigh while Mum spent years in and out of prison, so that Tialeigh didn't have to go into foster care at all...MOO.

Hi everyone!*

Having sex with a 12 year old is stand alone sinister, amongst other things.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Where's this cousin he apparently disclosed to? How much did they know?

“When it happens to your own it just is like a twisted knife in your heart,” she told A Current Affair on Tuesday.
“I’m just absolutely addled with thoughts of how she died, and that’s something that I really want to know.”
Ms Palmer criticised the Thorburn family’s behaviour following Tia’s death, which was made all the more alarming following yesterday’s allegations.
“They took pride of place at the funeral which I didn’t think they deserved and people treated them as though they were parents of long standing which they weren’t,” she said.

Mrs Palmer is the grandmother of Tiahleigh.

Hi everyone!*

She was 12 !!!!! He was 19 let alone his foster sister !

What ever happened to good old fashioned owning up. Sick of killers appearing at press conferences and funerals, and on social media pretending to search for and mourn for their victims, when they know exactly where their victims body lies the whole time.
:gaah:

BBM

This could be read two ways;

Is the son saying he had sex with Tiahleigh out of anger? This means it was non-consensual. Rape.

or is he trying to imply that he 'had to do it' because Tiahleigh threatened to kill his dog... if he didn't have sex with her? Pathetic attempt at victim-blaming.

Oh wow .. Thanks for this other perspective Oz Jen. I never even thought of that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
supertooth