Australia - Tiahleigh Palmer, 12, slain, Pimpama River, Qld, 30 Oct 2015 #1 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone!*

This is my very first post,* so please be nice lol

I have been watching this case, since the very first time this poor girls missing post, was shared on FB. I have have nothing but feelings of* extreme sadness for her and her family.* I do have to wonder,* or maybe hope, that this wasn't as sinister as we think. Is it, at all possible that it was a terrible accident? That Tiahleigh and Trent possibly had a relationship, that they shouldn't of had,* and it all got wayyy out of control? I have teenagers, and they go to school with other teenagers, kids these days think nothing of dating older grades or younger grades.*

Welcome Kitsune, we value and appreciate your input for sure.

and agree certainly with your empathy for Tai & her family, and also of the sentiments re 'this generation' .. lol... ( I know teenage kids for sure) all this 'sex stuff' these days seems to have blurred boundaries (sadly, as a whole lot of emotional & mental maturity can ultimately be called upon in the 'coping' stages).

I did wonder at the 'relationship' .. But that was blown by the Facebook to cousin that made me think it was a single act of ... ^%

i seem to to be way behind in posting (duty calls) but still like to acknowledge. Really value all input and opinions, thank you.

Are the sons biological or fostered aswell. Seems the former but I read an article saying "Mr Thorburns foster son"

The Son that is charged with Incest has the same last name as the dad, so I would say he is the biological son.

I agree there is probably more to come in regards to the father. What caused such an extreme reaction... i.e. murder?

We know that Tiah was trying to stay away from the home and had told the FM about the incident. Before that she had told a friend that the son had tried to touch her. She was clearly being preyed upon. If the FD had harmed her was she too afraid to tell anyone?

This has got to be one of the worst cases I have followed on Websleuths although tragically there are so many. This young girl left naked and alone in the mud, betrayed by the family who were being paid to protect her. Not only being paid but no doubt receiving some sort of community kudos for being foster carers.
Listen. I have a hunch old Rick, smoothly bland and "taking one for the team," is hiding many, many dark secrets.
There is something about people who are so brazen to act as pallbearer for their victim's body, something which says cold-blooded to me, practiced evil, not just once in his life if you get my gist.
The son is a punk *advertiser censored* *****, make no mistake.
That little girl being labelled as disruptive when she was, perhaps instinctually, trying to escape. It is disgusting the way the son blamed her for his sexual advances. But it is a gambit as old as time for a particular type of manipulator. And Tia told her foster mother who told her husband and...there's going to be some horrible revelations to come.

I've been chatting to my husband about this case and he just said that the family has a Fred West vibe and its lucky they were caught in the first occasion.

I agree there is probably more to come in regards to the father. What caused such an extreme reaction... i.e. murder?

edited by me for brevity.

jealousy would cause such an extreme reaction... maybe old Rick was suddenly faced with the situation that he had a rival for Tia's body, which would be enough to kill.. my contention is that it is the most likely reason for that kind of reaction, I find it hard to believe that it happened like Thorburn says, he did it for his son, to save his son from consequences... doesn't sound true to me, killing requires terrific passion, and blind illogical rage, mostly.

one thing we don't know, is how he killed her.. strangled? beaten. ?? no one has said exactly how and that has a bearing on how I see this crime being committed... but for now, I'm going with jealous rage.

We know that Tiah was trying to stay away from the home and had told the FM about the incident. Before that she had told a friend that the son had tried to touch her. She was clearly being preyed upon. If the FD had harmed her was she too afraid to tell anyone?

jealousy would cause such an extreme reaction... maybe old Rick was suddenly faced with the situation that he had a rival for Tia's body, which would be enough to kill.. my contention is that it is the most likely reason for that kind of reaction, I find it hard to believe that it happened like Thorburn says, he did it for his son, to save his son from consequences... doesn't sound true to me, killing requires terrific passion, and blind illogical rage, mostly.

one thing we don't know, is how he killed her.. strangled? beaten. ?? no one has said exactly how and that has a bearing on how I see this crime being committed... but for now, I'm going with jealous rage.

In the car?

edited by me for brevity.

They think it happened in the car. Why the car, thinking 'modus'?

Hi and welcome! :)

That's definitely a possibility, that it wasn't a premeditated murder. It's certainly not unheard of for teens to experiment. I get the feeling it's not consensual, but I think there's a lot more to come out yet...

Would it be possible it was consensual and this is why he has only been charged with incest, where if it wasn't consensual, shouldn't he have also been charged with sexual assault or rape of a minor

In the car?

in the car is likely, I suppose...... I'm thinking where he was , Rick , that is, where Rick was when he found out about Trent and Tia.. was it at home ? . if so, I rather think that's where the murder took place. .. I see this murder as an instant rage thing. Nothing is thought thru, and nothing is planned, it just happened , like that , ..were they all in the car? that's where it happened.. did he use an instrument? a weapon?>. piece of pipe or spanners, to beat her, or did it with his bare hands, I don't know, but it has significance. The method of her death, and the locale of her death, even the time of her death, all has significance.

The Son that is charged with Incest has the same last name as the dad, so I would say he is the biological son.

https://goo.gl/images/zqHRfD

I would say so too - in one of the above images of Tiah you can see a family photo in the background FD and FM with 2 small blond boys.

sorry! having trouble posting the pic directly...

Would it be possible it was consensual and this is why he has only been charged with incest, where if it wasn't consensual, shouldn't he have also been charged with sexual assault or rape of a minor

it is impossible that it was consensual, she was 12.. . no matter what he says, in law, and in fact, it's without consent due to her age, and , I would argue to her attitude.. she didn't like it, that's for sure, she complained bitterly.

the charge of incest has always had a non consensual component embedded in it. The charge itself , incest, is specific.. there are only 3 other people Trent could be engaged in incest with. His Father, his Mother and his Brother. . And, as it happens, his foster - sister.. ( I didn't know that foster children were equal in law with stepchildren, and adopted children, until this crime ) ..

I don't believe there is such a thing as legally "consensual" sex with a minor of 12 years...I don't think whether she agreed to it or not has any bearing on the charges due to her age, but I don't know the law precisely, I'm just guessing

:wagon: Kitsune!!!!

I completely get what you're saying in regards to their relationship, he may well have been immature and many 12 year old girls date older boys, so even though it's technically illegal we have all known teens who are that far apart and form a sexual relationship, it's not sinister IMO either.

What is is the fact the mother covered it up when she became aware of it (at that stage she should have told authorities the family could no longer care for Tiahleigh at the very least), and that the father has actually KILLED HER!!!

I just cannot get over that one, kills her!!! Doesn't take her to a doctor, or call a social worker or boots his son out of the home, but goes and commits murder!

The family is sick, but I get what you are saying about the relationship itself not being sinister.

What was going on with these parents though .... I believe the mother should face more charges, and I think police may find bad deeds in their pasts too.

And note she was 12 when she went missing, this would have made him 18 at the time, he's 19 now. I believe there would be hundreds if not thousands of 12 year old girls having relationships with 18 year old guys as people attending high school would be between these ages.

I know incest is wrong, but both being young, I feel both wouldn't see this as being an issue, hey kids these days do whatever they please.

I don't believe there is such a thing as legally "consensual" sex with a minor of 12 years...I don't think whether she agreed to it or not has any bearing on the charges due to her age, but I don't know the law precisely, I'm just guessing

the other anomaly in the matter of incest, is, even if he was engaging with this with his mother, as a consenting act between adults, it's still against the law and he and she would be charged and convicted of it.. Incest doesn't even require any argy-bargy in regard to 'consent' .

Looks like Pretty Boy was in a dance workshop for reality show 'So You Think You Can Dance'.
So more than just a budgie in love with his own mirror. Perhaps some real talent there? What a bloody shame all round.
Must run in the family according to big bro sm page he is a dancer too.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Well I have finally been able to eat since all this started breaking. I didn't sleep last night, I put the iPad away early. (Because it is bad 'sleep hygiene'). I had a full-on day at work. Thinking, thinking. In all of this disfunctionality only Tialiegh had to go to an institution five days a week and pretend everything was OK.
I want to point out that I am a public servant, so I do take offence to those who call us 'eggheads'.
Change comes from within the system. Criticism from outsiders is only that.

http://www.legalaid.qld.gov.au/Find...hildren/Relationships/Having-sex#toc-under-16

I'm no lawyer but from some quick google law, the incest charge reads as being more serious level than other sexual crimes. ( maximum life sentence)

I'm thinking that there may be more charges to come and they've just hit him with the one his confessed to (via social media). Remember, the police had to lay charges sooner than they expected to, maybe more paperwork/ evidence analysis to be done.

http://www.legalaid.qld.gov.au/Find...hildren/Relationships/Having-sex#toc-under-16

I'm no lawyer but from some quick google law, the incest charge reads as being more serious level than other sexual crimes. ( maximum life sentence)

I'm thinking that there may be more charges to come and they've just hit him with the one his confessed to (via social media). Remember, the police had to lay charges sooner than they expected to, maybe more paperwork/ evidence analysis to be done.

I was just reading up on it too... I am really quite shocked at the sentences for incest in Queensland, and I can see why they've chosen to charge him with this. And he wanted bail? He'd run for sure. Who wouldn't?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti