Found Alive IL - KD, 13, & CD, 2 weeks, Madison County, 18 Sept 2016 *Arrest*

I don't think KD's mom is all there. Either she's dealing with medical or addiction issues or she has some delays. But I don't think there's any way she's operating as a normal adult. The fact her profile picture is stepdad and daughter, after the stepdad was ordered not to have contact with the daughter, is proof enough of this, IMO.

They might not need formula if she is breastfeeding. And they could be using cloth diapers which they wash in the sink or a river---I knew people who lived 'off the grid' in a log cabin and they could do a lot without much money.

My guess is that these two do not have access to a cabin that LE would be unaware of (unless they're squatting). They're probably living out of the van or camping somewhere.

The other possibility is that they are laying low with someone they know.

I am so concerned for this girl and baby! I have posted in some WV group FB pages to help spread the word in case they may be camping in southern WV. There are crazies in every state and country, but no one I know in WV would condone this relationship! If spotted, I have no doubt the police will be called!

My guess is that these two do not have access to a cabin that LE would be unaware of (unless they're squatting). They're probably living out of the van or camping somewhere.

The other possibility is that they are laying low with someone they know.

This what I think also. They probably did/do have help. I think this was planned out, in advance. He had to have been in contact with KD, she knew the night/time enough in advance to have the baby ready. KD was not noticed missing till the next morning? So no one thought it odd, or noticed she didn't get up at any time during the night, with a newborn? I find that strange. ( Frankly, I would feel the need to be peeking in on a 13 yr old and a newborn at least a time or two during the night).

Mom knows about this relationship and is not upset, or is accepting it now imo. Sadly more common than you might think. Would you put a pic of the pedio who molested your child up on FB in an embrace with your child? Would you be announcing to the world, the birth of a Grandchild with his name, who looks the spitting image of him?

I think they have help. I think they likely knew they would lose both the girl and the infant, if they stuck around.

Would the baby still have the little umbilical cord thing on his navel? I can't remember how long it takes for it to fall off. Do they have any medicines with them, baby power, wipes. In some ways I hope it was somewhat planned to know they have those things for the care of KD and the baby. In others if they don't, they may be caught trying to get those items.
Time is ticking and the longer it goes on the more scared I become for them.

I'm scared this guy will "panic" and do something really stupid. I am scared both the girl and her baby will die due to medical neglect. I am scared that this girl will be on the run with this guy long enough for him to start abusing her again.

Why doesn't LE make a direct appeal to the girl? She might be feeling like she made a bad decision by going with this guy at this point.

Someone mentioned that when found cps will probably take the baby from KD .. I would hope cps would work out a situation for the both to be together. This little girl has been through enough with out having her baby taken there is surely a bond even at her young age she didn't ask for all this horror. Maybe they can find a family that would raise them together and let KD be the child she should have been allowed to be and also raise the baby with her.

Would the baby still have the little umbilical cord thing on his navel? I can't remember how long it takes for it to fall off. Do they have any medicines with them, baby power, wipes. In some ways I hope it was somewhat planned to know they have those things for the care of KD and the baby. In others if they don't, they may be caught trying to get those items.

He may very well still have the umbilical 'stump,' but it should fall off soon if so. But there's care that goes into even that to keep it from getting infected or bleeding too much.

I can see using cloth diapers or something improvised and something else handy in place of wipes. But it's probably not cleanly, putting the baby further at risk.

She could be breastfeeding, but that process takes support. It's not something that you simply do and are instantly successful with.

When you add the fact that this is a 13-year-old girl (14 next month), it makes the situation for that little baby all the more dire as the clock keeps ticking without them being found.

I am so concerned for this girl and baby! I have posted in some WV group FB pages to help spread the word in case they may be camping in southern WV. There are crazies in every state and country, but no one I know in WV would condone this relationship! If spotted, I have no doubt the police will be called!

Thank you so much for doing this, wvcountrygirl!

She did mention they were leaving the area...her posting under mom's Facebook. It didn't say who were they tho?!?

Sent from my SCH-I545

Does anyone have the FB link for this? The only one I have the and AndK FB page.

The fact that there have been no further "sightings" just reinforces my fear and that pit in my stomach.

IF her abductor has listened to the radio, caught a glimpse of a newpaper, seen the news or driven past any Amber Alert signs, HE KNOWS he is the subject of a manhunt. He would also KNOW his dirty secret is NO secret anymore.

Think about it y'all. If he had a pure motive or if her well-being was really important to him, he would have dropped her and the infant off somewhere safe (then probably made a run for it). He has not.

If there was some innocent reason for what he did, he would turn himself in and attempt to explain himself and his actions. He has not.

He knows he will EVENTUALLY face law enforcement, the news media and a public who think he's a that took advantage of and exploited a child in the worst way possible.

I PRAY I AM WRONG.... But in MY OPINION the reason there haven't been further "sightings" is because he's NOT on the run anymore. (Yes, there's a chance he may be hiding in a campsite somewhere for a few days.) But the point someone made about not even having a way to heat up baby formula is an EXCELLENT POINT and it's petrifying!!!

I don't think he's going to let himself be caught alive at this point. Again, I PRAY I'M WRONG.

Thoughts????

Thankfully, you don't have to heat up formula. So that aspect doesn't concern me at all. Though if you use the powder mix, it does have to be mixed a very specific way. What would concern me would be whether or not she knows how often to feed a baby. Newborns need to be fed every couple hours, if I'm remembering correctly.

What kind of medicines would they need?? I have heard she had a pace maker but hadn't heard of other medical conditions.

Not much new info today so far, nevertheless I thought I'd link a report from earlier today (Sep 20) and include couple important snippets,
Lt. Michael Baylous of the West Virginia State Police said Tuesday morning that authorities searching for the missing children have not zeroed in on a particular region within in the state.

“(The search) is broad, there’s no specific information we have that would lead us to think they’re in a particular area,” Baylous said. “It’s a rural state. They could be anywhere. They could be out of the state.”
“The focus from the public should be on watching for them at interstate rest stops throughout the country, rural camp grounds and/or low end hotel/motels,” Dixon said.
Source: http://www.bnd.com/news/local/crime/article102925232.html

I am new to this but can someone please tell me what the abbreviations mean? Like LE and KD?

LE = Law Enforcement
KD = first and last name initials of missing 13-year old.

Does anyone have the FB link for this? The only one I have the and AndK FB page.

Thankfully, you don't have to heat up formula. So that aspect doesn't concern me at all. Though if you use the powder mix, it does have to be mixed a very specific way. What would concern me would be whether or not she knows how often to feed a baby. Newborns need to be fed every couple hours, if I'm remembering correctly.

What kind of medicines would they need?? I have heard she had a pace maker but hadn't heard of other medical conditions.

I'm not sure if she needed any serious meds but you would need a few basics. Sometimes iron for mom, birth control for mom, vitamins, gas drops, Tylenol/Motrin for baby, thermometer, special water for powder formula (nursery water) if not nursing and a way to sanitize the bottles/nipples, she will also be in need of sanitary pads for the next few weeks, if she is nursing - nursing pads and lanolin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Omg.... channel five news in St. Louis. Her mom is getting ready to plea for her return home!!!!! 6 o'clock news!

Not sure if anyone watched that or not but her mom was crying and looked genuinely upset. She said KD left her phone behind and did not grab the formula for the baby. So I guess that means she's not breast feeding. Other then her pleading for her return, there wasn't much info released.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back