TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Omg I have been only perusing the breaking news, my father in law passed yesterday and just have been scattered...can someone direct me to approximately post number where this info started breaking? Is it confirmed?

Hi Dogface!!

So sorry to hear about you father in law, may he rest in peace. Prayers to you and your family!!!

Her namus profile came down yesterday morning. Starting at page 95, since then there have been almost 50 pages. There is a Seattle Times article that Gardener posted that has all the info.

A lot of people can look alike, or we can force a resemblance if we believe two people are related (as we should all know, having gone through so many lookalike MPs here on this thread). She may have been a relative who agreed to call Kimberly by her alias for whatever reason, or just some stranger who happened to be tall with brown hair, to whom she also lied.

No, I didn't post about S/S's correspondences because he didn't want to come under further scrutiny. Remember, this was a loss for him. He regarded her highly and feels bad for her, however short their relationship or how long it's been. I decided to post about our communication now because I wanted to try to shut the lid on the troll question. The details I revealed that he gave me are all in the ST articles, so I made a judgement call to confirm them here.

Anyway, hopefully he will come back to clarify some of this.

Good question...Kimberly left to live with various relatives and bounced around for a while after her mother's remarriage. Then---she told S/S---her mother divorced the stepdad and relocated to Texas. Kimberly followed shortly after.

This was a lie. The woman she was living with in Texas was an unknown person, perhaps a distant relative, to whom she gave a fake name. I'm not going to disclose that here, because S/S was quite bullied here, including people speculating he was female, and I don't want to further breach his trust. Just wanted to confirm that his story matches the one that's available now, and also the leaked story from Abbott earlier in the year. If you search the threads, you'll see that he said she was an 18-year-old runaway from PA who used a *series* of false identities. The identity she used with S/S was an early attempt and she likely ran into difficulties without official ID, hence her getting the BST birth certificate the same summer.

As for Akoya...I've missed this whole drama. What did she say that doesn't match with Kimberly's story?

He was offended because a sleuth site was questioning him? Ok... well I did think he was the woman who contacted me. His wording was nearly exactly how she defended Lori to me.
I do not think I was rude.
I was not trying to offend the poster, just trying to get to the bottom of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He was offended because a sleuth site was questioning him? Ok... well I did think he was the woman who contacted me. His wording was nearly exactly how she defended Lori to me.
I do not think I was rude.
I was not trying to offend the poster, just trying to get to the bottom of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If he was for real, nobody could bully him. He might have known someone Kimberly reminded him of, or he might have been an outright liar. I am for the latter. he made a few posts then disappeared. he ended up being completely wrong. So you and anyone else was right in questioning him. Any forum can be a hot kitchen for pretenders.

What sort of unclaimed property? Like, a house?

Most "unclaimed property" is a small amount of money. Sometimes it's a paycheck that never got picked up, sometimes a bank account that was never closed or a refund check for something that got sent after you changed addresses. That said, I have not looked into Kim's unclaimed property so I don't know what it is. Also, Kim McLean is a fairly common name so it may not even be hers unless it came from 1987 and a job she had or bank account she owned. Whoever tries to claim it will have to prove it's Kim's AND prove they have rightful claim to it as an heir--her daughter could perhaps claim it.

Most "unclaimed property" is a small amount of money. Sometimes it's a paycheck that never got picked up, sometimes a bank account that was never closed or a refund check for something that got sent after you changed addresses. That said, I have not looked into Kim's unclaimed property so I don't know what it is. Also, Kim McLean is a fairly common name so it may not even be hers unless it came from 1987 and a job she had or bank account she owned. Whoever tries to claim it will have to prove it's Kim's AND prove they have rightful claim to it as an heir--her daughter could perhaps claim it.

I found three with the becker address in PA. wonder if that could be SSA checks for her dead father.

When national media pick this story up there will probably be some interviews of people that new Kim.

Does anyone else find it a little odd that Kim's mother recognized her from a more recent picture rather than from one of her two younger pics from around the time she disappeared? I'm not casting aspersions here. Just trying to understand how the brain works with that as I know her mom is an older lady. Sorry if this has already been discussed. There is just NO WAY I can catch up 50+ pages.

Does anyone else find it a little odd that Kim's mother recognized her from a more recent picture rather than from one of her two younger pics from around the time she disappeared? I'm not casting aspersions here. Just trying to understand how the brain works with that as I know her mom is an older lady. Sorry if this has already been discussed. There is just NO WAY I can catch up 50+ pages.

Hi Owutatangledweb!!! :seeya:
The article said, Veilling met with another family member~~not necessarily the mom.

SS said he met her mother? Her mother hadn't seen her since she was 18!

ETA Post # 684.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member